Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 05, 2018, 01:26:34 AM
Well a new and interesting event in transition and puberty mark 2.0.

Libido more specifically a very enhanced version of. I don't remember it being this... insistent even back when I was a teenager. Hopefully it backs off a bit its rather distracting!
Must be one of those YMMV things.  Ah, well, enjoy!  ;)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 05, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
@krobinson103
Ahhhh, YES indeed, what you mentioned started happening in my transition at the ONE YEAR time frame and has continued on....   makes for interesting days when out and about among my friends, acquaintances, clients, and my suitors.
It's a jungle out there, be very careful !!!!!  ;) >:-)
Hugs,
Danielle

It doesn't help that I'm bi so just about everyone is a potential distraction! Funny thing is being pre op and pretty feminine now I can even find myself a little bit distracting. I like the mix of both genders in one body... :)
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

I think this program wants something from me lol... but I'll take the 29 bit!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/U4dg3a
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Well that was interesting.

Went to the speech therapy today and She gives me this form to fill out. Basically an assessment of dysphoria in regards to voice. I realize I don't feel all that dyphoric. So I go in we talk a bit. Turns out my comfortable pitch is 173hz which is pretty good, said I'd done 80% of the work I needed to do with the exercises I've already done and gave me some homework to work on consistancy. Also said that my voice is better than some male to female D.J.s so I must be doing ok!
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Its funny I'm the last to see it. When I started to pass everyone said so.. I didn't see it.
My wife said you don't need speech therapy you sound fine, therapist basically said the same just work on it some more... I didn't see it. How is it that I'm the one living all this and am the last to see anything when I achieve it?

People keep saying wow! You're so (brave strong insert word here) but I don't see that either. I see necessity. I didn't do any of this to be brave... I did because I didn't want to die. I face my fear because I don't like feeling uncomfortable. All the stuff I've done in the last 10 months has simply felt like a process I need to complete to be a whole person just once in my life. I just want to be happy. I can say that I am right at the moment, but I don't think anything I have achieved is any more or less than every one of us can. You just have to want it.

Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Todays topic - what is it to be female?

Yesterday at the support group a question came up "Why qualifiies you to be female?" The wording I think is a bit misguided but the intent made me think. So if you ignore the obvious physical differences which we all know about what makes a woman different to a man?

I think the influence of estrogen or testosterone on the brain is huge. So lets start with emotion.

Living under the influence of testosterone  I had a very limited range of emotions and apart from anger or frustration didn't really feel any thing else. In face I could go so far as to say I could push emotion aside and be. Its a comfortable place to be but sterile and rather empty because emotion brings colour to the world. I could literally switch off feeling anything and simply think about the practicalities. People called me cold... suppose I was but I didn't know any better. I simply didn't feel the need to interact with people. I was very goal orientated. The goal was king... must achieve the goal no matter what!

With Estrogen in charge everyday is a roller coaster. Intense happiness, sadness, and all things in between. Life is full of color and flavor. Also means I sometimes overthink things, feel the need to worry about the small but important details in life and NEED social interaction. I feel pleasure talking about simple things or spending time with a friend. I notice a lot more details or changes in someone's appearance and usually feel the need to comment on it. :) I find myself to be more reflective, less reactive and more sensitive to the needs of others. These days I have goals but they don't consume me. I take a more holistic approach to achieving them.

But most of all the question is flawed. There are no 'qualifications' to be a man or woman because gender is a social construct. Men do this, wear this, woman do this. It doesn't fit me. I don't think it fits anyone. If anyone asks me what gender I am I say female because for most people those binary definitions count. For those who understand my gender is... me and me is enough.

I think the term 'male to female' is also a bit misleading. I think my transition is not about trying to fit a particular stereotype rather to be the person I need to be. I am transitioning to the real me.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 07, 2018, 02:51:16 PM
It doesn't fit me. I don't think it fits anyone. If anyone asks me what gender I am I say female because for most people those binary definitions count. For those who understand my gender is... me and me is enough.

I think the term 'male to female' is also a bit misleading. I think my transition is not about trying to fit a particular stereotype rather to be the person I need to be. I am transitioning to the real me.
@krobinson103
Hi Kelly,
In the year 2018 and into the future I think more and more people will come to realize that when asking about a person - the term male/female is less a complete definition and more of a starting point.

Sonja.
  •  

krobinson103

A major victory! Stubborn as a mule old fashioned manager tried to misgender me, looked at me, looked sheepish, apologized, and got it right! Take that...
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/K2m38s

Airsoft game in the rain. I used to be as built as the dude in black to my right! I definately dropped a lot of muscle in a year.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Today is the day of my first clinic laser hair removal appointment. I noticed shaving yesterday that in the areas I have succeeded in with my home device it liiterally takes one swipe with a razor and what little hair there is is gone. My chin and neck area remain a bit stubborn so its time for the big guns. This facial hair be GONE.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 08, 2018, 12:31:47 PM
Today is the day of my first clinic laser hair removal appointment. I noticed shaving yesterday that in the areas I have succeeded in with my home device it liiterally takes one swipe with a razor and what little hair there is is gone. My chin and neck area remain a bit stubborn so its time for the big guns. This facial hair be GONE.

@krobinson103
This is terrific news and another milestone toward your transition goals.   I have really been enjoying following you progress and your life endeavors here on your thread that you keep updated... and also your posts on the other various threads around the forums.
I am very happy for you that things are apparently going well for you.

I will keep reading, following and posting my thoughts.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Ouch... Ouch... Ouch

Ok commercial laser hurts a bit more than home laser. Not as bad as epilating which should be declared a war crime though. On other issues. Women tend to smile and make eye contact with women. I'm in the club cause they all do that now. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Musings on sexuality and HRT

Before I started getting into low T territory I was kinda obsessed as most when were and thought it felt pretty good. Now though the feeling is so much more powerful that it makes what I had before feel puny. It involves the whole body and with limited prompting is something I've never experienced before. All I can say is men are short changed!  The even better thing is you can do it again... and again... and again. :)

If there is One thing I LOVE about being a girl (Heck I love most of it) this has to be it.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

There haven't been any fights over the way I dress or present at home for over a month now and I haven't compromised on any items of clothing at all. Things are normalizing. At work any misgendering that happens has all been self corrected. Some exciting news is that by the end of the year a new law will go into effect making it easy to change gender on birth certificates (no court proceedings) so thats going to be my birthday or xmas present to myself - cut the last official tie to being male!

New SLT appointment in a week yay! Still waiting on consult for orchie. Overall I've been presenting exclusively female in every way now for over six months and it just feels normal now. :) Lots of compliments from the women at work especially about how happy and confident I seem as well as asking how I managed to appear so young and healthy looking.

Life is good!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 07, 2018, 02:51:16 PM
Todays topic - what is it to be female?

Yesterday at the support group a question came up "Why qualifiies you to be female?" The wording I think is a bit misguided but the intent made me think. So if you ignore the obvious physical differences which we all know about what makes a woman different to a man?

I think the influence of estrogen or testosterone on the brain is huge. So lets start with emotion.

Living under the influence of testosterone  I had a very limited range of emotions and apart from anger or frustration didn't really feel any thing else. In face I could go so far as to say I could push emotion aside and be. Its a comfortable place to be but sterile and rather empty because emotion brings colour to the world. I could literally switch off feeling anything and simply think about the practicalities. People called me cold... suppose I was but I didn't know any better. I simply didn't feel the need to interact with people. I was very goal orientated. The goal was king... must achieve the goal no matter what!

With Estrogen in charge everyday is a roller coaster. Intense happiness, sadness, and all things in between. Life is full of color and flavor. Also means I sometimes overthink things, feel the need to worry about the small but important details in life and NEED social interaction. I feel pleasure talking about simple things or spending time with a friend. I notice a lot more details or changes in someone's appearance and usually feel the need to comment on it. :) I find myself to be more reflective, less reactive and more sensitive to the needs of others. These days I have goals but they don't consume me. I take a more holistic approach to achieving them.

But most of all the question is flawed. There are no 'qualifications' to be a man or woman because gender is a social construct. Men do this, wear this, woman do this. It doesn't fit me. I don't think it fits anyone. If anyone asks me what gender I am I say female because for most people those binary definitions count. For those who understand my gender is... me and me is enough.

Yes! [emoji4]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Megan.

Hey hun, just been catching up your recent posts. I love your attitude and take on things, I think it's healthy and strong. Keep doing your thing and you'll be doing well. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

krobinson103

This morning I got up and felt that my facial hair was different. It looked quite thick and very patchy. So when I shaved it half of it just.. fell out. I have to say that laser works very well!
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 11, 2018, 04:39:14 PM
This morning I got up and felt that my facial hair was different. It looked quite thick and very patchy. So when I shaved it half of it just.. fell out. I have to say that laser works very well!

Wow!  It is interesting that the facial hair just fell out like that.

I am glad the laser is working well for you.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 11, 2018, 04:39:14 PM

@krobinson103

MTF's hair falling out in most places is good.... 
.....just be glad that it was not the hair on your head that was falling out.
Thanks for posting your good news!!!!
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •