Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

I have learned something today. Why Woman seem to hold onto what seemed trivial at the time. A male co worker was a but unreasonable and the sheer intensity of the annoyance caught me off guard and it still bugs me hours later! I had to tell myself to smile and wave. The intensity of emotion you feel (positive and negative) on E catches me off guard some days.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

These days I wake up, stumble into the bathroom and see... a woman first thing in the morning, looking a total mess, no shaving and there is no questioning what I see in the mirror. The little doubting voices are just about ALL gone with only the annoyance of having to wait for surgery causing a little dysphoria. The amazing effects of laser - just one sessions so far blow me away. I took some really close up photos of my cheek and neck this morning thats 24 hours after the last shave and I really couldn't see much growth. A bit for sure, enough to maybe cause shadow at some point today but honestly? Even that is all in my head now.

I've commented before that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its so close now. Local laws are set to change soon making changing my birth certificate gender easier. Once thats done there are no legal ties to being male left.

Hmm I took a photo today and I don't recognise myself...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/THs0J2
Cherish every day.
  •  

pamelatransuk

It is so wonderful and uplifting Kelly to read yet another happy event in your update.

As you say there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you are now virtually there! Excellent.

Hugs

Pamela

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 13, 2018, 02:26:38 PM
These days I wake up, stumble into the bathroom and see... a woman first thing in the morning, looking a total mess, no shaving and there is no questioning what I see in the mirror. The little doubting voices are just about ALL gone with only the annoyance of having to wait for surgery causing a little dysphoria. The amazing effects of laser - just one sessions so far blow me away. I took some really close up photos of my cheek and neck this morning thats 24 hours after the last shave and I really couldn't see much growth. A bit for sure, enough to maybe cause shadow at some point today but honestly? Even that is all in my head now.

I've commented before that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its so close now. Local laws are set to change soon making changing my birth certificate gender easier. Once thats done there are no legal ties to being male left.

Hmm I took a photo today and I don't recognise myself...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/THs0J2

@krobinson103
A wonderful update for sure.  I remember the very moments in my earlier transition journey when I would step out of the shower and look in the mirror...  I was dumbfounded seeing the woman that I had become....   like you say, almost unrecognizable... then soon enough, it all looks completely normal and most of the shock and awe eventually dies down and I go on and live my life as my new self.

Your new picture and new Avatar/profile photo is most amazing as I recall most of your previous photos that you posted going back to February when I first started following and commenting on your thread....  CONGRATULATIONS to you for your wonderful progress and of course your willpower and determination to see this through so far to this point in your transition journey.

Thank you for keeping us up to date.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

Today we had a national teacher march. 4000 people on the street and a large gathering at the end. In addition I lost count of how many random people I interacted with. Despite this.. NOT ONE PERSON seemed to see anything but a woman. :) I think that conclusively proves that I can not only pass but blend well even when interacting 1:1 and voice isn't a problem.

Great day!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 15, 2018, 01:13:55 AM
Today we had a national teacher march. 4000 people on the street and a large gathering at the end. In addition I lost count of how many random people I interacted with. Despite this.. NOT ONE PERSON seemed to see anything but a woman. :) I think that conclusively proves that I can not only pass but blend well even when interacting 1:1 and voice isn't a problem.

Great day!

@krobinson103
Certainly this good report is something that you will want to make note of in your transition journal.... 

Thanks for posting your encouraging and happy good news.
Your continued and regular updates are what all transitoners should see no matter where we are in our journeys.

Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

krobinson103

In the middle of working through a string of IEP meetings. One of my students has gender identity issues. The grandfather of said who I just met for the first time today looks at me at one point and asks how we are doing with those. This is interesting because this is a man who knows the signs yet never reacted even a little bit or showed any indication he saw anything but female. IN a meeting that lasted for an hour with lots of talking going on.

The evidence is overwhelmingly stacking up that I did it. All I need now is a few Ma'ams on the phone because I know that I look the part. Voice still has a little way to go. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Ok I did a comparison of photos taken from pre hrt (about 1-2 years ago) right up to now. All I can say is GO HRT!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/3989M2

Since its my thread and I shall say I think I look fabulous and a million times better than the first one.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 16, 2018, 06:27:02 PM
Ok I did a comparison of photos taken from pre hrt (about 1-2 years ago) right up to now. All I can say is GO HRT!

Since its my thread and I shall say I think I look fabulous and a million times better than the first one.

@krobinson103
No need to say it yourself... I would have liked to beat you to it.... you indeed "look fabulous and a million times better than the first one!" ...
... and I am most certain that any of your followers will say the very same thing once the photos are viewed.

YES, Go HRT !!!!
Thanks for sharing this most encouraging post and photos.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Sonja

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 16, 2018, 06:27:02 PM

@krobinson103
Hi Kelly,
I'm glad everything is going so well for you, just think in a few months time (when its summer) you'll be able to go to the beach and get some great photos of the new you! that'l be fun!

Take care,

Sonja.
  •  

krobinson103

Well I went swimming at the pool yesterday and I feel really comfortable just being me. :) Did use the family changing room because I figured thats what its there for. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on August 18, 2018, 01:07:08 PM
Great!

Chrissy

Well I figured I could push the boundaries and use the women's changing rooms but in all reality with the gender neutral rooms available why? There isn't any need to.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Went to my second SLT appointment. The homework she had set me I mastered and there really aren't any issues left for voice anymore! Yay! There are now three things left to do. Surgery (waiting), Laser (in progress), and my birth certificate (waiting for law change coming soon). Yay!
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Nice my waist has lost an inch so now I get 46 35 44 not bad. :)
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Sonja

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 19, 2018, 08:25:42 PM
Hey Kelly, those are some good measurements! coming along nicely!

Sonja.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on August 19, 2018, 08:25:42 PM

@krobinson103
That is terrific news... 
The de-facto rule that many young cis females used when they were developing was a 10-12 inch differential between the waist and the hips/bust. 
However, there are as wide of variations in that "rule" as there are very wide variations in body types.

No matter what, your progress is amazing considering where you began with your measurements and body weight when you starting your HRT journey.

Thanks for your encouraging post detailing your progress toward your goal.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 20, 2018, 01:23:24 PM
@krobinson103
That is terrific news... 
The de-facto rule that many young cis females used when they were developing was a 10-12 inch differential between the waist and the hips/bust. 
However, there are as wide of variations in that "rule" as there are very wide variations in body types.

No matter what, your progress is amazing considering where you began with your measurements and body weight when you starting your HRT journey.

Thanks for your encouraging post detailing your progress toward your goal.
Hugs,
Danielle

Thanks Danielle. I think have been thinking lately that my life is actually very settled and happy at the moment. I can see the issues that drove me to the edge are far behind in the rear view mirror and the future looks promising as long as I keep living in the moment and getting the most from life as I can at any given time.

I like how I look, love how I feel, know that the dysphoria causing issues are being worked on, and in general just feel happy and optimistic about what happens next. So yeah... even if physical changes stopped right now I'd still be happy. The fact that stuff is still changing is just icing on the cake.
Cherish every day.
  •