Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

Well we reach the end of another week and another round of fairly large changes set in motion.

I've decided to move out of this house after I recover from my surgery in March
I'll find a flatting (room mates) situation until my girl friend and I feel comfortable to live together.
I'm going to leave the house with my children's mother and we both take our share when we sell.
I'll support her until we can figure out a better solution - there are a few options to explore.
The kids are beginning to process this information.
My gf is onboard with the plan and supportive.

And as an aside when I went to get my seven year olds ears pierced they called me her mom! Yay!
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@krobinson103
Well, your report was a combination of the sad, good, and happy  moments.

It is always sad for me to hear of marriages that dissolve...  certainly I am sad and it is not a good moment for anyone.

Your plans to move out and to and find a new place to live with some room mates is not always a pleasant decision but in your case, if you feel that is what you have to do, then I will be glad for you and consider this a good thing..

Regarding having your daughter's ears pierced and your being called her mom.... WOW, such happy and wonderful happening ... and so affirming and confidence building for you...  I am very happy to read this.

Thank you so very much for sharing your thoughts with all of us.  I am wishing you nothing but happiness and success.
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 20, 2018, 06:54:26 PM
Well we reach the end of another week and another round of fairly large changes set in motion.

I've decided to move out of this house after I recover from my surgery in March
I'll find a flatting (room mates) situation until my girl friend and I feel comfortable to live together.
I'm going to leave the house with my children's mother and we both take our share when we sell.
I'll support her until we can figure out a better solution - there are a few options to explore.
The kids are beginning to process this information.
My gf is onboard with the plan and supportive.

And as an aside when I went to get my seven year olds ears pierced they called me her mom! Yay!
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

krobinson103

After lots of reflecting and a bit over a year on the rollercoaster that is transition I've come to a decision.

Now that I've found a partner who can accept (and welcomes) me as I am with elements of both female and male I've decided that after orchiodectomy I'm going to call transition done. There are a number of reasons;

1) I discovered that transition was never about moving to a gender, but discovering me.
2) I really don't mind having a penis - its rather useful at times! (and still works enough to be so)
3) Once my testicles are gone I have no bridge back and the remaining dysphoria will be gone
4) I really like being in my skin... it fits me and feels right.

So I figure srs is a step too far and I'm quite happy to me... just the way I am and I suppose somewhere in the middle towards the female side of the spectrum. In addition I don't care, never have cared, and never will care what strangers see or don't see. I get gendered female 95% of the time and I suppose I could bring that number up if I cared to try but I feel happy just the way I am.

So... once orchiodectomy is done is 2-3 months time I'm getting off this train and getting on with life. :) So much hope and possibility up ahead I can't help but be sure the next 40 are going to be great.
Cherish every day.
  •  

dee82

Hi Kelly, you sound happy and at peace with your decision. That's great!

Reading your post helps make an awesome day.

Probably because right now, I feel like I am on a similar path and can relate.

~Dee.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 21, 2018, 12:10:19 AM
After lots of reflecting and a bit over a year on the rollercoaster that is transition I've come to a decision.

Now that I've found a partner who can accept (and welcomes) me as I am with elements of both female and male I've decided that after orchiodectomy I'm going to call transition done. There are a number of reasons;

1) I discovered that transition was never about moving to a gender, but discovering me.
2) I really don't mind having a penis - its rather useful at times! (and still works enough to be so)
3) Once my testicles are gone I have no bridge back and the remaining dysphoria will be gone
4) I really like being in my skin... it fits me and feels right.

So I figure srs is a step too far and I'm quite happy to me... just the way I am and I suppose somewhere in the middle towards the female side of the spectrum. In addition I don't care, never have cared, and never will care what strangers see or don't see. I get gendered female 95% of the time and I suppose I could bring that number up if I cared to try but I feel happy just the way I am.

So... once orchiodectomy is done is 2-3 months time I'm getting off this train and getting on with life. :) So much hope and possibility up ahead I can't help but be sure the next 40 are going to be great.

I've been missing your posts for a while now.  But I'm glad to say I can completely relate!! I'm still undecided about srs, but I really do feel like transitioning is helping me to accept who I am. While it would be nice to pass in some aspects, I think finally doing the things I've always thought about in my head is life saving. I don't feel as much of a freak as I used to. Where are you from by the way? I don't think you're anywhere near nyc are you?
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Allison S on December 21, 2018, 08:45:26 AM
I've been missing your posts for a while now.  But I'm glad to say I can completely relate!! I'm still undecided about srs, but I really do feel like transitioning is helping me to accept who I am. While it would be nice to pass in some aspects, I think finally doing the things I've always thought about in my head is life saving. I don't feel as much of a freak as I used to. Where are you from by the way? I don't think you're anywhere near nyc are you?

New Zealand. About as far from NYC as you can get.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 21, 2018, 12:23:00 PM
New Zealand. About as far from NYC as you can get.

Lol ok. I thought you were in the US at least!
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Allison S on December 21, 2018, 01:34:07 PM
Lol ok. I thought you were in the US at least!
Where is the US?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on December 21, 2018, 07:48:09 PM
Where is the US?

@Kirsteneklund7

This time of year when our friends down under are having warm summer days....

....here in the US in the Northern Hemisphere we are having stormy, cold, icy, and snowy winter weather.  Today is officially the start of winter... the winter solstice
and the shortest day of the year.
    11:15 AM Sunrise Morning
    2:10 PM Sunset Afternoon

The temperature today here where I live got down to  -22 deg F   (-30C)   Burrrrrrrr !

Danielle

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 21, 2018, 08:36:46 PM

@Kirsteneklund7

This time of year when our friends down under are having warm summer days....

....here in the US in the Northern Hemisphere we are having stormy, cold, icy, and snowy winter weather.  Today is officially the start of winter... the winter solstice
and the shortest day of the year.
    11:15 AM Sunrise Morning
    2:10 PM Sunset Afternoon

The temperature today here where I live got down to  -22 deg F   (-30C)   Burrrrrrrr !

Danielle
Stop making me jealous Danielle! Today was 95 degrees and 80% humidity.

Yours truly,  Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on December 22, 2018, 05:18:14 AM
Stop making me jealous Danielle! Today was 95 degrees and 80% humidity.

Yours truly,  Kirsten.

Rain and 18 degrees celcius. My grass is growing like crazy...
Cherish every day.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 24, 2018, 01:37:38 AM
Rain and 18 degrees celcius. My grass is growing like crazy...
I want to be in NZ for summer!

•  

krobinson103

Cherish every day.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: krobinson103 on December 26, 2018, 01:33:22 AM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142425753@N03/shares/C054M9

A fun day out...
Love seeing life is good for you guys!

Kindest regards, Kirsten.

•  

krobinson103

This Christmas has made somethings very clear.

My extended family has no idea how to deal with the large changes that have happened this year. They try to be accepting but I'm not the same person they knew and since some haven't seen me since last year it was very difficult. In addition my girls are starting to accept now that 'Dad' doesn't really match anymore. My 12 year old just withdrew and said She wished She had a 'normal' family. My youngest can't decide if I'm Dad, Dama, or Mum! I'm pleased the weather has been bad and we had to cancel our trip for family xmas because I really can't face the relatives trying to process things right now.

The children's mother says she accepts me but I know she does not. We will be living separately as soon as surgery is done and out of the way so I don't have to worry about the politics of kids and kids mum and girlfriend all getting mixed up.

Alicia (my girlfriend) has become very important in the last month. I keep trying to keep it all in perspective but I've never felt so strongly about anyone - ever. That includes my children's mother. She is just an almost perfect match and I have a very good feeling about where it is all going. My youngest accepts her, my eldest is less than accepting. 2019 will the year I sort out the financial and living arrangements for the next 5-10 years I suspect. Once that and my orchiodectomy are done I'm free to live the life I should have while meeting my responsibilities from the past.

2018 was a year with many challenge, changes, and triumphs. 2019 is a new beginning... I look forward to it.
Cherish every day.
  •  

mm

Your daughter looks happy to be with you in the picture, how nice for both of you.
  •  

krobinson103

Today I did something that will have long range consequences but was necessary. My kids mother has been away for 2 weeks and will be away for another four weeks. This means I have to watch the kids on my own, and never get any time to be away from them. My youngest has accepted that my gf is welcome at MY (yes its joint property and my name is on the deed) property. My eldest is having more issues but I quite simply need Alicia - and she will be around for many years to come so Christine has to get used to the idea. She can, and will, but is as stubborn as I was at her age.

Recently she has been trying to involve others (my ex wife whose opinion I honestly couldn't care less about), My Father and sister to try and put barriers in my way. The first time I let my father have a say. This time I've told them to mind their own business and not get involved with affairs that I need to resolve. This probably means estrangement from them, but, since Dad doesn't accept me as I am and my sister and I aren't close I can accept this.

As mentioned in previous entries as soon as I am able I'm leaving this house, arranging a shared custody agreement and getting away from the stifling expectations of people who have no idea of what it was like to live in the prison of the wrong body for 43 years. Its sad that this step was necessary but I am sick of people expecting me to be someone I'm not.

Life starts fresh and I'll support my kids... but if my family can't accept me as I am, they can simply have nothing to do with me.
Cherish every day.
  •  

xAmyX

Wow. I'm lucky enough to be supported by most of my family members. The others whom have a harder time accepting me being transgender are at least respectful enough to not cause any issues about it, and love me regardless. If you feel you need to be out of that environment, and on your own where you can be yourself freely without having to deal with everyone else's opinions of you, then do what you need to do. You never know if it's right for you until you try, and you may very well appreciate that independence, and freedom you get when you're on your own.

Northern Star Girl

@krobinson103

It was wonderful for me to meet you on the Forums this past year...
I have so much enjoyed your updates as you continue on in your journey.
Thank you for feeling free to share your exciting life events with all of us.   

I have very much enjoyed swapping comments and thoughts with you on your thread.
Obviously some bumps in the road that all of us experience so continue to hang on for an exciting ride.

I am so very happy that I found you and your thread on the Forums this last year and I will be eagerly following your upcoming reports and updates in the New Year in 2019.

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR   in 2019...

Hugs and as always, well wishes.

Danielle

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 31, 2018, 04:19:53 PM
@krobinson103

It was wonderful for me to meet you on the Forums this past year...
I have so much enjoyed your updates as you continue on in your journey.
Thank you for feeling free to share your exciting life events with all of us.   

I have very much enjoyed swapping comments and thoughts with you on your thread.
Obviously some bumps in the road that all of us experience so continue to hang on for an exciting ride.

I am so very happy that I found you and your thread on the Forums this last year and I will be eagerly following your upcoming reports and updates in the New Year in 2019.

Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR   in 2019...

Hugs and as always, well wishes.

Danielle

Thank you for reading them. This thread started more as a way to record where I'd been in order to help me organize my thoughts. If its interesting or helpful to others thats a bonus. Happy new year to you as well, I'm sure your journey will take you to new and interesting places.
Cherish every day.
  •