Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krobinson103

Tomorrow is the day! Just have to get through work today...
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 24, 2019, 01:17:43 PM
Tomorrow is the day! Just have to get through work today...
Good luck! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

krobinson103

Well today is the day!

I have five hours before I need to report to the hospital and thought I'd add my current thoughts for posterity so to say.  I feel...excited and ready for this.
Cherish every day.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 25, 2019, 12:40:49 PM
Well today is the day!

I have five hours before I need to report to the hospital and thought I'd add my current thoughts for posterity so to say.  I feel...excited and ready for this.

All the best, Kelly!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 25, 2019, 12:40:49 PM
Well today is the day!

My thoughts( and envy) are with you Kelly(lol ).

Looking forward to hearing more of your story,

Kirsten xx.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Linde

Hope you will not have much pain when you wake up!  Remember, pain is not supposed to be there, it can b e controlled very well!  If you have pain, tell the staff to come with pain killers!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

krobinson103

Well... ITS DONE!

It was nerve wracking waiting in the waiting rooms but once that iv went in the lights went out and I woke up and it was all over. Feeling a bit woosy and potentially sore. Have to take it easy for a couple of weeks.

Was a bit annoyed they kept getting pronouns wrong but I spose they were cutting male anatomy. I suggested politely that if the chart says female... get it right!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

I hope your recovery is as easy and with little pain as mine was/is.  I had my post op yesterday and was told to come back in a year!

By the way, maxi pads are your friend!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

krobinson103

Zero blood or bruising just feels a bit sore when I walk around. Cold pack all night and pain meds helped. Still feel a bit week from the general but hopefully that passes today. Otherwise feeling fine!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 26, 2019, 01:51:24 PM
Zero blood or bruising just feels a bit sore when I walk around. Cold pack all night and pain meds helped. Still feel a bit week from the general but hopefully that passes today. Otherwise feeling fine!
Good to hear you are doing OK Kelly. When do you anticipate getting out of the hospital?

I guess the technique has a packing that must stay in for several days ?

My thoughts are with you,  Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on March 26, 2019, 02:00:30 PM
Good to hear you are doing OK Kelly. When do you anticipate getting out of the hospital?

I guess the technique has a packing that must stay in for several days ?

My thoughts are with you,  Kirsten.

No packing, went home last night. Stitches dissolve and they used some kinda glue. No aftercare required. Just see a doc in a week to check healing.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 26, 2019, 02:09:57 PM
No packing, went home last night. Stitches dissolve and they used some kinda glue. No aftercare required. Just see a doc in a week to check healing.
Fantastic! I guess Linde's experience was a  good guide as well. Also where do the incisions end up?

Kirsten

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Kirsteneklund7 on March 26, 2019, 03:32:06 PM
Fantastic! I guess Linde's experience was a  good guide as well. Also where do the incisions end up?

Kirsten

They did a scrotal incision but in a way its better cause it will heal faster

Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

I went and purchased some new panties today... and its so great! Anything fits.. :) No more tucking or being limited to certain styles. Walking to 3 stores (15 minutes tops) including shopping was exhausting... this op has sure taken it out of me.

Still no swelling or bruising and no need for pads. Pain gets pretty bad but I'm using main meds and an ice pack to manage. Not much energy today. Almost passed out standing up a few times but its only been 30 hours or so since the operation. Stuff is getting better.

I've been reflecting... the recovery process I'm going through made me realize. When you are able bodied and fit you take it for granted. Being limited as I am at the moment makes me really appreciate what I have! My gf is here to make sure I don't push myself too hard as I'm likely to.
Cherish every day.
  •  

mm

krobinson103, good to hear you are doing so well, do take it easy for a couple of days. New panties should feel great for you, lass to hold in place as you are much flatter down there now. Has your little hose down there gotten small enough to hide in your panties nicely now. Someday it will be gone too.
  •  

krobinson103

Day two of recovery. Slept through the night no pain relief needed. Woke up feeling good. Had shower, pain kicked in this time above penis. No pain at the operation site. I still feel like I have 50kg weights tied to my body and don't have a lot of energy. The fog I've been in from the general has now lifted and my body responds to commands again, but quickly reminds me that its a bit broken and to no do all that much!

As for the little hose its very little lol. Once the incision is fully healed simply tucking it down between my legs will make it disappear.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Going out of my mind with boredom but otherwise doing great.

A bit of swelling has shown up but icepacks are dealing to it. Some nerve pain above the site but that might come from the testicles being pulled down and out. still feel very weak but I think some of that might be hormonal shifts as my body adjusts. I been good today and stayed in bed pretty much. Tomorrow I'll hopefully have a bit more energy.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Day 3 of recovery:

Last night I walked round the neighborhood briefly and paid the price through the night and this morning with lots of nerve pain. If I don't move too much I feel great. If I am too active there is a price to pay!

What swelling there was is gone, and, a small amount of bruising on my penis has shown up. I feel clear mentally and my energy returns. Just a matter of being good and not doing too much for a few more days it seems...
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Well for the first time in 3 days I actually managed a bowel movement huzzah! I was getting worried. Things are looking up!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 28, 2019, 05:25:01 PM
Well for the first time in 3 days I actually managed a bowel movement huzzah! I was getting worried. Things are looking up!

@krobinson103

Oh yeah, bruising on the penis... it probably looks like it was put in a vise and hit with a hammer....  a scary site if you were not completely anticipation it.   Be careful is your girlfriend sees it, she might be shocked.

And yes, surgery and anesthetics can foul up your gastric system...  in one of my surgery events it took me almost 4 days... I did lots of walking and exercise trying get things working again....   
I bet that you feel so much better now...  an instant diet of several pounds weight loss I would imagine, I think.

Hugs and happy healing,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •