Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

A totally awesome day

Started by krobinson103, November 30, 2017, 10:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on March 31, 2019, 02:52:30 PM
Well I had some reserves of patches and decided to experiment. Added one more patch this morning to see if I could get some energy back. Like a switch as soon as it kicked in I felt normal again (apart from the odd pain). Going to have to ask for a review of my e dose...
I talked to my endo about a little over a week about doubling my E, because like you, I was dragging along through the day.  And like you experience now, that stuff is needed to make up for the missing testosterone!
In some way having no testosterone feels absolutely different that having it blocked bei spiro.
Good luck so you get that extra stuff prescribed!  My next goal is getting onto progesterone!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Dietlind on March 31, 2019, 03:42:29 PM
I talked to my endo about a little over a week about doubling my E, because like you, I was dragging along through the day.  And like you experience now, that stuff is needed to make up for the missing testosterone!
In some way having no testosterone feels absolutely different that having it blocked bei spiro.
Good luck so you get that extra stuff prescribed!  My next goal is getting onto progesterone!

Hi Linde,                     31 March 2019

Glad you mentioned Progesterone, my hematologist suggested the same thing for me once I am over the DVT and have completed the Prescribed regime for Xarelto (6 months, 2 to go). His comment was that Progesterone does not make the blood sticky like "E" or "T" do.

I'm assuming you are wanting "P" and "E" simultaneously; is this correct? If so, why?

I don't see my Hematologist until late April and my Endocrinologist sometime later. I want back on the "She-Mones and Her-Mones ASAP. I want the feminization that has been in limbo these past four months to resume. I'm happy I have boobs, albeit small, but I would rather look like a seasoned woman with small boobs than an old geezer with them.

Sorry Kelly for high jacking your thread. I do hope you are feeling better and this pain situation resolves quickly. I do admire your tenacity as you progress along your path to Freedom and Happiness.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: Dietlind on March 31, 2019, 03:42:29 PM

I agree. The difference between blocking/supressing and not present is massive. I went to shift my (smallish) metal file box and ummm.. yup that thing has never been heavy before.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Quote from: christinej78 on March 31, 2019, 04:30:17 PM

Glad you mentioned Progesterone, my hematologist suggested the same thing for me once I am over the DVT and have completed the Prescribed regime for Xarelto (6 months, 2 to go). His comment was that Progesterone does not make the blood sticky like "E" or "T" do.

I'm assuming you are wanting "P" and "E" simultaneously; is this correct? If so, why?

I don't see my Hematologist until late April and my Endocrinologist sometime later. I want back on the "She-Mones and Her-Mones ASAP. I want the feminization that has been in limbo these past four months to resume. I'm happy I have boobs, albeit small, but I would rather look like a seasoned woman with small boobs than an old geezer with them.

Sorry Kelly for high jacking your thread. I do hope you are feeling better and this pain situation resolves quickly. I do admire your tenacity as you progress along your path to Freedom and Happiness.

Best Always, Love
Christine

All good Christine. Everything I read says a small dose of progestrone has many benefits. Going to push for it.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: christinej78 on March 31, 2019, 04:30:17 PM

Best Always, Love
Christine
Yes Christine, I want E and P.  If you read the thread
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=245188.0

you will understand why I want this.  I forwarded all the quoted info to my endo, and hope he will agree to put me onto the stuff.
Who knows, with P added to my system, it might even be possible to reduce E a little.  My endo wants me to be on the hormone level of a natal woman, and P is a pat of that.

Who knows, it might be the magic stuff for you, too.  I can't even comprehend how terrible you must feel without any decent level of hormones in your system.  The one week without T and low dose E almost incapacitated me!

I hope everything is continuing to go fine with, because us two old maids have to hang in there to show the kids here, how it is done!
Hugs
Linde

•  

krobinson103

A no painkiller day and while it is a bit sore I'm still standing! I am very very weak in terms of physical strength but this seems to be improving. A good day.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Today I went for most surgery check and learned a few things.

1) The doctor (not my usual) was very open but had obviously never seen many trans patients.
2) The incision is healing fine
3) The nerve pain could possibly take up to a few months to go away!

I also talked to him about progesterone and while he did not know all that much about it he agreed it could possibly help with energy and breast development since I am at tanner stage four at this point. So he prescribed a months worth on a really low dose for a trial to see if it helps.

My experience with progesterone creams (over the counter) is that they do seem to have a positive effect. I'm hoping that since I still have the zoladex implant that is inhibiting all t this may help bring back some energy since my only source of t now is what the rest of my endocrine system can produce.

All in all the more doctors I see the more I think I know more about this stuff than most of them do!
Cherish every day.
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: krobinson103 on April 01, 2019, 05:55:14 PM
Today I went for most surgery check and learned a few things.

1) The doctor (not my usual) was very open but had obviously never seen many trans patients.
2) The incision is healing fine
3) The nerve pain could possibly take up to a few months to go away!

I also talked to him about progesterone and while he did not know all that much about it he agreed it could possibly help with energy and breast development since I am at tanner stage four at this point. So he prescribed a months worth on a really low dose for a trial to see if it helps.

My experience with progesterone creams (over the counter) is that they do seem to have a positive effect. I'm hoping that since I still have the zoladex implant that is inhibiting all t this may help bring back some energy since my only source of t now is what the rest of my endocrine system can produce.

All in all the more doctors I see the more I think I know more about this stuff than most of them do!

I am glad that the healing is progressing well.  Good to hear.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

krobinson103

Ok, progesterone is great. Like a switch. No energy, ENERGY. Don't even feel as much pain and the pain killers have worn off. Also the stitches are falling apart this is a good day.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

OK today went well. Showered no faintness or dizzyness leaning over. Went shopping for an hour with some strategic parking and while I'm tired and know I need to rest now I did fine. No pain or pain killers today. I halved the dose of progesterone as compared to yesterday (cause I felt like I was flying half the day!) and its good. Gives me energy but doesn't cause too much breast pain or distracts me with sheer... buzziness. Think I'll hold on that for a while and see if the effect continues. I find myself a bit clearer in my thinking as well. The loss of testosterone has led to my facial hair growth slowing by at least 80% so I suspect shadow won't be visible for at least 3 days. Of course I still hate it and till laser clears the last of it shaving every morning continues... finding something to shave can a mission sometimes.

The stitches continue to dissolve. The incision looks nicely sealed but fragile. Continued caution is the way forward. Bruising is fading and everything functions as it always has... so much for needing testosterone!

I got some really slim fitting skinny jeans as I've lost a lot of weight and its getting colder. They fit! Size 14 skinny jeans are perfect. With no balls there is no need to tuck and the rest just squishes up into a shapeless mass. I asked the doctor to clear me for a return to work in the middle of next week as I as yet have neither the stamina nor the strength to do my job as yet. This is inline with two weeks out (would be 2 weeks exactly next Tuesday)
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on April 02, 2019, 06:25:55 PM
OK today went well. Showered no faintness or dizzyness leaning over. Went shopping for an hour with some strategic parking and while I'm tired and know I need to rest now I did fine. No pain or pain killers today. I halved the dose of progesterone as compared to yesterday (cause I felt like I was flying half the day!) and its good. Gives me energy but doesn't cause too much breast pain or distracts me with sheer... buzziness. Think I'll hold on that for a while and see if the effect continues. I find myself a bit clearer in my thinking as well. The loss of testosterone has led to my facial hair growth slowing by at least 80% so I suspect shadow won't be visible for at least 3 days. Of course I still hate it and till laser clears the last of it shaving every morning continues... finding something to shave can a mission sometimes.

The stitches continue to dissolve. The incision looks nicely sealed but fragile. Continued caution is the way forward. Bruising is fading and everything functions as it always has... so much for needing testosterone!

I got some really slim fitting skinny jeans as I've lost a lot of weight and its getting colder. They fit! Size 14 skinny jeans are perfect. With no balls there is no need to tuck and the rest just squishes up into a shapeless mass. I asked the doctor to clear me for a return to work in the middle of next week as I as yet have neither the stamina nor the strength to do my job as yet. This is inline with two weeks out (would be 2 weeks exactly next Tuesday)
Congrats that you seem to be over the pain hill now!
Not to have to bother with tucking is sure nice, isn't it. You can almost create a "camel toe" appearance if you arrange the remaining skin properly.  After all, it is now nothing but a fused labia minor!

•  

krobinson103

Yesterday I tried to be active for half the day. I'm paying for it today. I was going to attend a funeral tomorrow, but with a one hour drive there, the service, a one hour drive back with my kids on board its not smart. The drive to the Doctor office 2 days ago had me tired and that was 20 minutes one way. In addition its my turn to watch the kids this weekend (friday night, saturday morning only fortunately) so I'm being smart and saying I physically can't do all that and bring harm on myself or my kids.

I definitely still feel that the minimal dose of progesterone I've been taking is helping with energy and mental clarity. The biggest issue I have at the moment is that in the mornings I feel very physically able but I know I'm not recovered enough to do the things I feel tempted to do!

I have learned a lot about physical limitations these last few weeks...
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

It is amazing what it can do to one just cutting those two little balls away, isn't it!  Car driving was also very hard on me even two weeks after surgery.  I do't know why, but it took me down very fast each time!
I am still seem to tire out faster now than I did before I was on testosterone blockers, so those T babies must do something E alone can't achieve, but I also don't sleep as well during the night as I did before.  I am looking forward to be put on progesterone and hope that will make me a little less tired.  I have a hard time to get through my day without taking a nap in the early afternoon.  I am lucky that I can afford to Interrupt my days with naps, but sometimes it is hard to arrange my social life around those needs for naps!  But I know quite a few cis women of my age who also need to nap in the afternoon.
Could it be that this is a post menopausal woman thing?  Our hormones are very similar?

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Dietlind on April 03, 2019, 02:43:40 PM
It is amazing what it can do to one just cutting those two little balls away, isn't it!  Car driving was also very hard on me even two weeks after surgery.  I do't know why, but it took me down very fast each time!
I am still seem to tire out faster now than I did before I was on testosterone blockers, so those T babies must do something E alone can't achieve, but i also don't sleep as well during the night I did before.  I am looking forward to be put on progesterone and help hat will make me a little less tired.  I have a hard time to get through my day without taking a nap in the early afternoon.  I am lucky that I can afford to Interrupt my days with naps, but sometimes it is hard to arrange my social life around those needs for naps!  But I know quite a few cis women of my age who also need to nap in the afternoon.
Could it be that this is a post menopausal woman thing?  Our hormones are very similar?

Don't think so my e level is quite respectable. My biggest issue is the fact my blocker is implanted and it will keep going for two months so what t I do make is being blocked!
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on April 03, 2019, 02:47:51 PM
Don't think so my e level is quite respectable. My biggest issue is the fact my blocker is implanted and it will keep going for two months so what t I do make is being blocked!
Can't they remove it?  Anything that was put in, can be taken out again!

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Dietlind on April 03, 2019, 05:14:41 PM
Can't they remove it?  Anything that was put in, can be taken out again!

Good luck finding it! Its all good its only a few months.
Cherish every day.
  •  

krobinson103

Bad nerve pains last night and a cat who decided to step exactly where he shouldn't. A less than awesome night...
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on April 04, 2019, 04:44:04 PM
Bad nerve pains last night and a cat who decided to step exactly where he shouldn't. A less than awesome night...
I don't get that with your nerve pains?  I had not any nerve pains at all!  Are you having some kind of phantom pain?  Where is the location or the perceived location of that pain?

•  

krobinson103

Quote from: Dietlind on April 04, 2019, 09:18:17 PM
I don't get that with your nerve pains?  I had not any nerve pains at all!  Are you having some kind of phantom pain?  Where is the location or the perceived location of that pain?

You are lucky. The original nerve connections to the testicles. they retreated upward a bit and are now sitting there stewing and firing randomly. Till they shut down it will continue. Its not phantom pain rather the nerves not being connected to the bits that aren't there anymore.
Cherish every day.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: krobinson103 on April 04, 2019, 09:21:45 PM
You are lucky. The original nerve connections to the testicles. they retreated upward a bit and are now sitting there stewing and firing randomly. Till they shut down it will continue. Its not phantom pain rather the nerves not being connected to the bits that aren't there anymore.
I asked my surgeon to cauterize everything in there to prevent these pains.  The cauterization terminated those nerves, and they are now not "looking" for information anymore!

•