Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Never thought it was possible

Started by chance, December 02, 2017, 11:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chance

But I'm having my 1st meeting for top surgery at Iowa City. It's this Thursday and I can't wait.  My biggest fear is not going on T and still "being allowed" to have top surgery.  I do t want T, don't need T to feel male, and my body can't take T because of other health issues. 

Anyone else do to surgery without T?  Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Live like someone left the gate open"
  •  

MeTony

Good luck on thursday!

I've not come that far yet.  But I read all posts to be prepared when it is time.
  •  

Dena

If you are unable to take T for medical reasons, the doctor should be made aware of this and there shouldn't be a problem. In one way this is much like breast reduction surgery that doesn't require a therapist approval. If you have a therapist approval, you should be ahead of the game. In addition there have been other members on the site who were reluctant to start T or wanted to wait until after top surgery and they had no difficulty obtaining surgery.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

chance

Well I'll be able to get my letter, no issues.  So now I'm waiting for my 1st appt with surgeon.  I'm hoping I won't have a long wait or that the surgeon requires t first.  Anyone have top surgery in Iowa City?

•  

randomdude5

Not in Iowa city, but I had top surgery before I got on T and I was kinda worried about what the results might be cause everyone says after you get on T and the pecs get bigger then can get the incision in a better spot under the pec or something but my results came out just fine so. I don't think it should be a problem for the surgeon though. Good luck with your surgery!!!
  •  

chance

It's been a while but I finally have an appt with the surgeon 5/11.  I've had health issues in the mean while anyway and they are just now getting resolved so it's all been perfect timing.  Like everything is falling into place.  Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for surgery date.  How long have you guys had to wait from meet with surgeon to surgery?  I know places will be different but just curious.

•  

chance

Well my appt went great, my other health problems are much better.  My surgery date is 9/19/18!!!!  Main thing is that my insurance covers top surgery without T so I'm psyched!!  I'm trying to temper my excitement because I'm afraid something will go wrong.  So I'm focusing on positive thoughts and what's it's going to finally be like for my body to match my inside.  To be able to live inside/connected to my body.  Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

chance

Well I'm 2 days post-op and I can't even begin to find the words to express how amazing it feels.  No problems, little pain, and slightly restricted movement.  My wife is even glad for my surgery and she has noticed an immediate change in me.  She said she's never seen me truly happy before but now I look happy.  I can honestly say I am happy.  At peace.  Relieved of 40 yrs pent up anger and discomfort.  It's just not there.  I finally feel normal.  Thanks for listening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Maid Marion

Great to hear that you finally feel normal!
  •