Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Kathy's journey

Started by KathyLauren, December 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Looking awesome Kathy! That is a really nice picture of you. As far as looks go, you pass!! No doubts whatsoever. I can't comment on your voice.

I can only hope E works just as well for me.

Jayne
  •  

Anne Blake

Kathy, I always thought that your pictures looked cute but your new avatar, wow....you are looking awesome!

Tia Anne
  •  

KathyLauren

Thanks, Jayne and Tia Anne!  :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

Wonderful pic of you Kathy!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Stevi

Kathy,

I love the glow.  Might be the lighting but I gotta believe some of it is from the inside.

Stevi
  •  

steph2.0

I love your new avatar, Kathy! Just radiant.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Thanks, Stevi and Steph!  :)

I looks like I am going to get a repeat engagement of the talk that I did for the astronomy society's 'star party' last summer.  It will be on a slightly different topic, but still one I can easily handle.  The organizer just called me to set it up.

That was a pivotal moment for me, transition-wise, because it forced the newly-transitioned me into the limelight.  I got to be myself in front of a packed house, practise keeping my voice in an acceptable range for an hour, and talk about something totally unrelated to transition.  I went into the experience hopeful, and came out of it brimming with confidence.

Now I'll get to do it again.  I am looking forward to it.  ;D
  •  

Cassi

That's sooooooooooooooooooo awesome!  Your path is written with the stars :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jayne01

That is wonderful Kathy. You are getting the chance to engage in normal life stuff as yourself. You have been invited to talk because of who you are as a person and what you know, nothing to do with being trans. That is so ......... normal! I am very happy for you. This time you will enter the experience with confidence gained from last time and no doubt exit with some form of contentment that you are living a normal life.

Keep us posted how it goes.

Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

I noticed something today. 

I discovered that I am using my "head voice" now automatically, without even thinking about it.  This is something that just happened by itself, similar to when I first discovered my head voice, last year.  It was just there.  Yes, I have been working on it, trying to get my voice there, and often succeeding.  What is new is that it now goes there by itself.

Kewl!
  •  

Laurie

yes cooool Kathy now if I would only start using what I learned  myself. sigh

I think I told you elsewhere I also like your new avatar Kathy.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

christinej78

Hi Kathy,

Fairly new here at Susan's place. I decided to read your blog where you discussed boob growth. I see sizes mentioned such as A, B, C, D,... X, Y, Z, etc. I know the letters have to do with cup size but how is a size A, B, C, etc. defined? I did buy a sport bra from Jockey in 38 B. It has removable cups, which I haven't a clue what they are used for except maybe to provide some semblance of shape. How are the cup sizes measured?

Tomorrow will be my first whole week on HRT; third patch starts tomorrow afternoon so it's too soon for boob growth. I have experienced one nice reward from HRT, it is easier to pee than it has been for the past several years. I have been on Flomax for several of them; yesterday and today I noticed a great improvement in flow. Today is the day I would have taken the Flomax (once every 3rd day) so I have decided to stop. HRT seems to work faster and better.

Every one of you ladies on Susan's are absolutely beautiful. I'll be 78 in 4 months so I am a good bit older than you young chicks (hope you don't take offense as it is meant as a compliment). I enjoy reading all the posts, what a great group, it's a privilege to be in such awesome company.

Best always,

Christine

Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Christine.

Congrats on starting HRT!  You are never too old to be yourself.

For cup sizes, we are talking about sizing women's clothing: it's all smoke and mirrors!  No one has any idea how it is done!

Seriously, the cup size is determined by measuring the circumference of your chest over the nipples and again below the breasts and comparing the numbers.  There is some kind of formula that "they" use to get cup sizes from those measurements.  The volume of any lettered cup size changes with band size, so a 40B has larger breasts than a 32B.

I just went to a lingerie store and had mine measured.

Yes, an improved ability to pee is one of the side benefits of MTF HRT.  I pee like a fire hose now; that hadn't happened in 30 years or so.
  •  

Bari Jo

I love your new avatar Kathy.  I'm always happy to read a dose of positivity when I visit your thread.  Congrats on being a repeat speaker.  That is the kind of lecture is listen to.  I almost minored in astronomy.  I really enjoyed the 4 classes I took in college.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

christinej78

Quote from: KathyLauren on April 03, 2018, 06:19:36 AM
Hi, Christine.

Congrats on starting HRT!  You are never too old to be yourself.

For cup sizes, we are talking about sizing women's clothing: it's all smoke and mirrors!  No one has any idea how it is done!

Seriously, the cup size is determined by measuring the circumference of your chest over the nipples and again below the breasts and comparing the numbers.  There is some kind of formula that "they" use to get cup sizes from those measurements.  The volume of any lettered cup size changes with band size, so a 40B has larger breasts than a 32B.

I just went to a lingerie store and had mine measured.

Yes, an improved ability to pee is one of the side benefits of MTF HRT.  I pee like a fire hose now; that hadn't happened in 30 years or so.

Kathy,

Thanks for the info, now it makes more sense than just looking at letters and trying to figure out what one needs without resorting to trial and error. I wonder what would happen if I went to a lingerie shop and asked them to measure me; probably call security. I think I better wait until there are noticeable speed bumps on my chest. It should be fun.

I am enjoying outing myself; I no longer have any fear of embarrassment. Almost everyone has been very supportive, with one exception; one neighbor seems to be avoiding me at all cost, which is ok. I'll just fill the slot they occupied with someone nicer, which won't be difficult to do.

Forgot to mention other benefits of HRT and that is I am a lot happier, calmer and sleep better. I am assuming things get even better after an orchi.

I have been on Flomax for several years. in all that time, it has never helped as much as HRT has in 5 days. Something is wrong with the way BHP is being treated. Follow the money for the answer.

Monday is my orchi surgical consultation. I have all the letters I need; my goal is to have my orchiectomy ASAP, which hopefully will happen before the end of the month. The feminization process should accelerate; I'll then look into having my face resurfaced/rebuilt/replaced or whatever it is they do to folks my age. I have spent way too much time in the sun w/o sun block so it is quite weather-beaten.

Advice from a well "seasoned" lady to you young one's:
Stay out of the sun unless you use high SPF sunblock, around 10,000 (don't think that one is available yet). I was to my dermatologist yesterday having precancerous lesions removed from my face. This is an ongoing process that will continue until the day I am planted. That beautiful tan just isn't worth what it costs down the road. Aside from this, I have already had two skin cancers removed; fortunately, neither was melanoma.

Best always,

Christine
EDITED: 04 august 2018 - cj78
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

KathyLauren

Last week, I tried a couple of times to contact the psychiatrist that I was referred to for my second surgery letter.  I wanted to make sure I really was on a waiting list, since I haven't heard anything for seven months. 

The first time, I got voicemail hell and left a message.  The second time, I got through to a human.  She told me that I was indeed on their waiting list.  Yay!

Today, I got a callback from my voicemail message, saying the same thing: I am indeed on their waiting list.  Yay again.  No idea, of course, when I will get to the top of the list, since I am at the bottom of the triage priorities, but hey, it's better than being lost.

The best thing about today's call was answering the phone.  "Hello?"  "May I please speak to Kathleen?"  Squeeeee!  I love hearing my name!

OK, I'm easily amused.  :)
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on April 13, 2018, 08:40:51 AM
Last week, I tried a couple of times to contact the psychiatrist that I was referred to for my second surgery letter.  I wanted to make sure I really was on a waiting list, since I haven't heard anything for seven months. 

The first time, I got voicemail hell and left a message.  The second time, I got through to a human.  She told me that I was indeed on their waiting list.  Yay!

Today, I got a callback from my voicemail message, saying the same thing: I am indeed on their waiting list.  Yay again.  No idea, of course, when I will get to the top of the list, since I am at the bottom of the triage priorities, but hey, it's better than being lost.

The best thing about today's call was answering the phone.  "Hello?"  "May I please speak to Kathleen?"  Squeeeee!  I love hearing my name!

OK, I'm easily amused.  :)

At least their computer didn't call you and say "Hello Kathleen, please hold and enjoy the music, your call is important to us....   etc,  etc...."

That is very good news to hear....  it is always a wonderful thing to get confirmations of upcoming important medical appointments relating to our transition journeys.   
We will be looking forward to reading your continued updates on your thread... and perhaps elsewhere on the Forums... and we especially want to hear about the results of your much anticipated meeting with the Psychiatrist and your future surgery. 
Best wishes... and HUGS,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

Ha-ha!  I think I did some "outreach" today.

The theatre group that I sometimes work for was having their fundraising dinner theatre yesterday and today.  I was working in the kitchen.  The fundraiser is shared with the local Knights of Columbus, who do the cooking for the event. 

So we've served a couple of courses, and the kitchen crew are taking a break while the play runs for another act.  One of the Knights sits down beside me and we share some chitchat: "Wow, that got pretty busy there" kind of thing.  He sees the femme presentation, somewhat passable face, and hears a voice that does not quite compute.  So puts two and two together and gets five.  He asks me, "Are you in the play?"  I give him my standard big smile that I use on these occasions and say, "Nope.  Just helping in the kitchen."

I know a couple of the other Knights well enough that I'm sure they will explain it to him when they get back to their hall.
  •  

KathyLauren

I had a couple of interesting dreams last night.  I seldom remember dreams, so I wonder if there is any significance to the fact that both were trans-related.  Maybe all my dreams these days are trans-related and these were just two that I happened to remember.

In the first, I was in a hospital ward, waiting for GRS with half a dozen or so other trans women.  We were chit-chatting and generally having a good time.   I woke up, thought that that was interesting, then want back to sleep and had another dream.  In that one, I was at some kind of trans convention, and I was telling some of the other ladies about the first dream.

Just for reference, I don't have GRS scheduled yet.  My second referral letter is still many months in the future.
  •