Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Kathy's journey

Started by KathyLauren, December 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donna

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 26, 2018, 06:34:14 AM
Absolutely!

The boob fairy may have been sparing in her physical gifts to me, but she has been generous with the ease of my transition, a much more valuable gift.  I feel like I am leading a charmed life.

Your not leaving out enough perfume and sparkles to attract the booby fairy 🧚‍♀️. They are elusive but once you hook one they will work wonders. I caught two, one for each side. Lol
I can't agree more that an easy transition is the best gift to receive
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Donna on May 27, 2018, 08:51:47 PM
Your not leaving out enough perfume and sparkles to attract the booby fairy 🧚‍♀️. They are elusive but once you hook one they will work wonders. I caught two, one for each side. Lol
I can't agree more that an easy transition is the best gift to receive

Perfume and sparkles...is that what I have been doing wrong!!....well I am sure I will soon remedy that... ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

My wife and I went for a drive to visit Annapolis Royal today.  We picked up some stuff in an antique shop, had a great lunch, and window shopped a bunch of stores before the tourist hordes descend next month.  There's a really cool novelty shop, where I found the perfect socks:
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 30, 2018, 04:44:00 PM
My wife and I went for a drive to visit Annapolis Royal today.  We picked up some stuff in an antique shop, had a great lunch, and window shopped a bunch of stores before the tourist hordes descend next month.  There's a really cool novelty shop, where I found the perfect socks:

Nice socks!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on May 30, 2018, 04:44:00 PM

Kathy ..... wow-whee, I love your socks that you acquired at the novelty shop. 
It is wonderful to go to the tourist locations a few weeks or more BEFORE the hordes of tourists come there....   much more enjoyable without bumping elbows with the crowds.

So, tell me, are you ever going to wear those socks again...  perhaps at work when you are wearing capris or shorts???
Thank you for keeping your interesting thread... interesting!!

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

This weekend, I am attending a firefighters' convention.  You'd think the fire service would be a bastion of redneckism, and it is.  But there is something about the brotherhood/sisterhood of firefighters that makes them overlook anything other than what you can do.  If you can put out fires, you're okay.

Most of the attendees are in uniform, including me.  I'd love to wear something feminine, but the uniform gives me credibility.  And I have lieutenant stripes on my epaulets, which gives me more credibility.  I am learning, to my surprise, that I pass moderately well, though not 100%.  But in this environment, passing doesn't matter.  Any firefighter seeing the uniform and the stripes is going to know that my department thinks I can get the job done.  Even if they guess that I am trans, that is good enough for them.

It makes the convention a very safe place to be trans.  And it spreads some normalization among a rednecky group of people.  I can picture people going back to their departments and gossiping: "I saw this one female firefighter that I think was transgender, and she was a lieutenant!"  It will be a little easier for the next one.  (I am not the first trans firefighter in Nova Scotia.  I got advice from another one back before I went full-time, and she correctly predicted I would be fine.  So she and perhaps others already made my life easier.)

I also met up with some members of another fire department I served with pre-transition.  It's not the first time they have seen me as Kathy - I met tham already at last year's convention - and they are totally cool with me.  We caught up with the latest happenings over lunch.  It is nice to have the message reinforced that it is okay for me to be myself.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

That is great to see how well you are accepted. I am sure that you are carving out a channel for others to follow and certainly normalising the experience. As we assimilate further into our cultures it is always good for people to view you being trans as just another flavour of life.

"Any firefighter seeing the uniform and the stripes is going to know that my department thinks I can get the job done.  Even if they guess that I am trans, that is good enough for them."

I think you make an interesting point and one that many other industies could use in all sorts of situations..."It doesn't matter wether you are black, white, skinny, fat, trans, gay or hetrosexual if you can do the job none of the other stuff matters...we just need to instil that into the rest of the population. Congrats on succeding in this instance which could easily have been so different!!Sounds to me like you nailed it!!

Take care

Liz

PS. Love the socks !! ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Another fun encounter at the firefighters' convention.  A former colleague was there with his wife.  I'd met the wife before, pre-transition.  I say hi to my colleague and he introduces me to his wife, "This is Kathy.  You've met her before."  She looked at me, puzzled.  I helped her out by saying, "I've changed a bit since then."  My friend then said, "You remember, Kathy Walker."  At which point, the light bulb went on and she knew who I was. 

Clearly my friend had told his wife about my transition.  I was probably the talk of the town for a week.  So once she got my full name, she made the connection.  But the fun thing is that I obviously passed.  She didn't clock me as trans, or she would have known right away who I was.  Yay for passing!

And another fun experience today, I went to my first ever baby shower, for our lesbian next-door neighbours, who are expecting their baby later this month.  I think the shower was a big deal for them.  A few years ago, they had run into some passive hostility in the community.  I think it meant a lot to them that 15 women got together to celebrate with them.

And I think they are relieved that I live next door, because they are no longer considered the weirdest couple in the community.  :D
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 03, 2018, 04:25:10 PM
... At which point, the light bulb went on and she knew who I was. 

...But the fun thing is that I obviously passed.  She didn't clock me as trans, or she would have known right away who I was.  Yay for passing!
Well Duh!  Look at your photo.

A baby shower; you are certainly one of the girls now.  I'm sure it was as nice for you to be part of the festivities as it was for them to have you there supporting and celebrating.   
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Another fun encounter at the firefighters' convention.  A former colleague was there with his wife.  I'd met the wife before, pre-transition.  I say hi to my colleague and he introduces me to his wife, "This is Kathy.  You've met her before."  She looked at me, puzzled.  I helped her out by saying, "I've changed a bit since then."  My friend then said, "You remember, Kathy Walker."  At which point, the light bulb went on and she knew who I was. 

Clearly my friend had told his wife about my transition.  I was probably the talk of the town for a week.  So once she got my full name, she made the connection.  But the fun thing is that I obviously passed.  She didn't clock me as trans, or she would have known right away who I was.  Yay for passing!

And another fun experience today, I went to my first ever baby shower, for our lesbian next-door neighbours, who are expecting their baby later this month.  I think the shower was a big deal for them.  A few years ago, they had run into some passive hostility in the community.  I think it meant a lot to them that 15 women got together to celebrate with them.

And I think they are relieved that I live next door, because they are no longer considered the weirdest couple in the community.  :D

Kathy   Yes, this is certainly a good news update and happy moments for you.  Kind of a rite of passage as a trans-woman and be accepted by other women... it must have been a wonderful affirmation for you. 
A month ago I wrote in my thread that I attended my first baby shower among lots of other women... #4 and I went there together.  We had so much fun. 
As a trans-woman it was a wonderful experience....  made me think of all the fun that men miss by not being included in these women only events!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

christinej78

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 03, 2018, 08:36:46 PM
Kathy   Yes, this is certainly a good news update and happy moments for you.  Kind of a rite of passage as a trans-woman and be accepted by other women... it must have been a wonderful affirmation for you. 
A month ago I wrote in my thread that I attended my first baby shower among lots of other women... #4 and I went there together.  We had so much fun. 
As a trans-woman it was a wonderful experience....  made me think of all the fun that men miss by not being included in these women only events!!!
Hugs,
Danielle

Hi Kathy, Danielle,              04 June 2018

The following is not a criticism, it's a question that has been bugging me since I began my transition.

I see and hear many people in our community refer to ourselves as "Transwoman," "Transwomen." When do we, if ever, become just a Woman or just Women? As an example: "As a trans-woman it was a wonderful experience...."

Danielle, here is a direct quote from something you posted a while back, which I heartily agree with:

"It is my own experience that very few people have a negative reaction about my past as long as I dress and act responsibly and don't shove my trans-woman status in their face and make an issue out it.  Live and let live seems to be the rule here."

Are we not our own worst enemies by perpetuating our trans status and not referring to ourselves as who we really are? Is not continually referring to us as "Trans" not shoving it in societies face and or making an issue of it?

Sincerely with Love,
Christine

PS:

My Dogs now refer to me as Mom, not Transmom. Withholding food and treats works wonders; the way to a Dog's heart is through its stomach.

What's the first thing that bonds us to our Mum's; boob nectar.
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: christinej78 on June 04, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
Hi Kathy, Danielle,              04 June 2018

The following is not a criticism, it's a question that has been bugging me since I began my transition.

I see and hear many people in our community refer to ourselves as "Transwoman," "Transwomen." When do we, if ever, become just a Woman or just Women? As an example: "As a trans-woman it was a wonderful experience...."

Danielle, here is a direct quote from something you posted a while back, which I heartily agree with:

"It is my own experience that very few people have a negative reaction about my past as long as I dress and act responsibly and don't shove my trans-woman status in their face and make an issue out it.  Live and let live seems to be the rule here."

Are we not our own worst enemies by perpetuating our trans status and not referring to ourselves as who we really are? Is not continually referring to us as "Trans" not shoving it in societies face and or making an issue of it?

Sincerely with Love,
Christine

PS:

My Dogs now refer to me as Mom, not Transmom. Withholding food and treats works wonders; the way to a Dog's heart is through its stomach.

What's the first thing that bonds us to our Mum's; boob nectar.

@christinej78  ... You are correct in theory perhaps for those outside of the transgender and transsexual community, but here where a lot of MTF's gather, to avoid confusion, we are indeed trans-women and we will never be cis-women.

Here on the Forums because for many of us being a female is a brand new experience along with all the other related experiences that we were never a part of as our old male self we tend differentiate our life status.

The example that @KathyLauren and I raised was the fact that we were invited to a baby shower and we were treated just like any of the women there.  That was indeed a glorious, new, and self-affirming experience for us.   
Just like I did when I moved here as a female to start my female run business, I obviously did not make a point of announcing myself upon arrival as a transgender or transsexual women... particularly so in my very small conservative town.  I am most likely the only trans-woman that these townspeople have ever seen or met.  It was incumbent on me to make certain that when I did come out to the town that I had previously made a good impression as a good citizen.

Going back a couple months on my thread "The Hunted Prey" you will discover that I lived in my small town for over a year and a half before anyone ever knew that I was not born as a female.   I was very concerned how this small town would accept me and also concerned about the new friends and business clients that I had made.
There came a time that I had to come out, and that I wanted to come out for various reasons including dating and being tired of harboring my secret.   I wanted to be the one to announce it and not be the subject of possibly rude and demeaning small town gossip.  Since I came out to the town I have experienced overwhelming acceptance from almost everyone here.

I can't speak for @KathyLauren but this is how I feel about the issue that you brought up.

Any questions or comments, please contact me...
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: christinej78 on June 04, 2018, 06:08:21 PM
When do we, if ever, become just a Woman or just Women?
In day-to-day activities, yes, I am just a woman when talking to someone else.  To myself, I still have to think "trans woman" because I am still learning.  And, when talking here about my adventures, well, just about everything I have to say is trans-related or I wouldn't be talking about it here, so I say trans woman, especially when distinguishing my experience from that of cis women.
  •  

Jessica

This I'm certain gave you a joyful feeling throughout your body and soul!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jayne01

Kathy, I very much enjoyed reading about your experience at the firefighters convention. You have demonstrated to the community that you are respected member of the team no matter what your gender is. You are making it easier for those wishing to follow in your footsteps. You are a wonderful role model in the community. Kudos to you!

The baby shower sounds like fun. I have yet to experience any girl only events. It is something I am looking forward to.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Today, I had my weekly electrolysis appointment.  When preparing, I noticed that the hair on my cheek is getting noticeably sparse, so I prepared a larger than normal area for her to work on.  I wouldn't want her to run out, after all.  Fifty minutes into the session, she ran out of hairs to zap.  She ran out!!  How cool is that?

She thinks one more session on my upper lip might finish off that area.  ;D
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 08, 2018, 03:04:53 PM
Today, I had my weekly electrolysis appointment.  When preparing, I noticed that the hair on my cheek is getting noticeably sparse, so I prepared a larger than normal area for her.  Fifty minutes into the session, she ran out of hairs to zap.  She ran out!!  How cool is that?

That's so awesome, Kathy! That's still a long way off for me, but after not shaving yesterday, I noticed a 1/4 inch (6mm) square bald spot on my upper lip. A tiny victory, but evidence at last that something's happening.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 08, 2018, 03:04:53 PM
Today, I had my weekly electrolysis appointment.  When preparing, I noticed that the hair on my cheek is getting noticeably sparse, so I prepared a larger than normal area for her to work on.  I wouldn't want her to run out, after all.  Fifty minutes into the session, she ran out of hairs to zap.  She ran out!!  How cool is that?

Yay! Very cool indeed!!!
It's so nice when they run out of things to zap. It's real visible progress. I had a similar experience at my last session 3 weeks ago. Some new growth has come through since then but that gets zapped much easier than the older growth.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Fun times!  My wife had to go into the bank to sign some papers, so I went across the street to wait in the high-end clothing store.  Oh, yes, they had nice stuff! 

When my wife came in to meet me, the proprietor asked if we were sisters!!!  She said we looked alike and sounded alike!

OK, she might have been BSing us to make a sale, but it was still fun and affirming.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on June 11, 2018, 08:43:26 AM
Fun times!  My wife had to go into the bank to sign some papers, so I went across the street to wait in the high-end clothing store.  Oh, yes, they had nice stuff! 

When my wife came in to meet me, the proprietor asked if we were sisters!!!  She said we looked alike and sounded alike!

OK, she might have been BSing us to make a sale, but it was still fun and affirming.

Kathy..... oh so fun... how did your wife react to that comment??   
What were you and your wife's replies to the clerk???
Danielle

•