Kathy's journey

Started by KathyLauren, December 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 24, 2018, 09:23:25 AM

@KathyLauren   
@Donna   
@Laurie

OK now ladies, either I need some more coffee this morning to understand all that is being stated and what is going on with the last 3 reply comments .... or perhaps I should just crawl back under the nearest rock and go back to sleep... it is still early here.... not even 6:30am yet... so I just may do that, I was up very late last night.

Anyway it sounds like you three know the inside story and are having great fun at each other's expense  :) ::).... 
Even though it is a mystery to me and perhaps to others it is very nice to see that kind of fun comradeship.... you sound like very happy girls with your exchange of comments.

Hugs to all,
Danielle

@Alaskan Danielle
@Donna
@KathyLauren

Oh come now Danielle, who are you trying to kid? You are in the same boat as they are. Everyone knows that Canada is a frozen wasteland and the inhabitants therein use dog sleds to get around. I've heard that even the public transportation is comprised of just bigger dog sleds. The more affluent folk may own sleighs pulled by reindeer, aka caribou. It stands to reason that the beaches would be snow covered and the water capped with sea ice. (sea ice can be very treacherous to walk on.) Obviously bathing suites would be out of the question in such an environment. Right Kathy and Donna?
  Your feigning ignorance of these harsh conditions is but a rouse. Alaska is in the far north and could have even harsher conditions than those encountered by Kathy & Donna. You do an amazing job using Photoshop to alter those obviously fake hiking pictures. Why you would choose to do so is beyond my skills of comprehension. Perhaps it is to lure more unsuspecting clients to your business or more likely you do it to lure more prospective suitors to your lair. Whatever the reason you do make Alaska appear inviting.
  I hope this clears up the questions for those that did not understand what goes on in the northern environs.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Anne Blake

Be nice now my dear Laurie, we don't want to scare off Ms. Danielle. Play nice!

Tia Anne
  •  

Donna

I love my bathing suit. It makes such a wonder full starting point for many layers of thermal wear, parkas and snow pants and if someone helps, my mits with strings so I don't loose them. But do sunscreen before you put your mits on or they get to slippery.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

KathyLauren

It's a minor thing, but it still feels good.  My brother forwarded an email conversation to me.  Someone is planning to go to a Pride event in this region, but a couple of provinces over.

V: I'm going to be at PEI Pride this year.
P: You'll have to connect with [brother]'s sister [i.e. me] out there.
[brother]: Yes, I was thinking that.  I'll let her know that you're coming out to PEI - she's in NS.

It's a little odd to read that.  Like, Oh, wow, that's me they're talking about!  Nice, though.  :)

I probably won't go there to meet someone I don't really know.  It's a long drive.  But it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that they think of me in the right gender.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donna

That's very nice Kathy. I can understand not wanting to meet a complete stranger though. Not my favourite thing either. Have a good time if you do end up going
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
October T 14.8 / 456
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
March T 7.4 / 236
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Megan.

That's great to see Kathy, lovely to see real acceptance. [emoji5]

I'm always a little curious how people gender me when I'm not in the room...

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

This afternoon, my wife and I went out to celebrate Canada Day by going to the local ice cream stand.  It was a beautiful warm summer day with only a light breeze, so we dressed as proper ladies.  We went down to the harbour to see the craft fair, and bought some earrings.  This is my outfit.  The hat was a real find: I just got it last week.  It's the only one I've found that is big enough to wear over my wig. 

My wife wore a periwinkle sundress, with a similar-style hat in pink.  But she doesn't like having her picture taken.  We were the best-dressed ladies at the event, and got comments on it, too.  :)

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 01, 2018, 02:44:02 PM
This afternoon, my wife and I went out to celebrate Canada Day by going to the local ice cream stand.  It was a beautiful warm summer day with only a light breeze, so we dressed as proper ladies.  We went down to the harbour to see the craft fair, and bought some earrings.  This is my outfit.  The hat was a real find: I just got it last week.  It's the only one I've found that is big enough to wear over my wig. 

My wife wore a periwinkle sundress, with a similar-style hat in pink.  But she doesn't like having her picture taken.  We were the best-dressed ladies at the event, and got comments on it, too.  :)

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:  It was very nice to see your Canada Day update.... sounds like that you and your wife were a big hit, dressed all pretty and looking beautiful as your picture shows.

As you know, Wednesday July 4th is the USA's version of your holiday....  Independence Day... and as I had mentioned in my thread that I will be hosting a traditional July 4th celebration, potluck and BBQ ....   hot dogs, burgers, chili, chips and dips, raw veggies and dip, salads, lemonade, soda pop and perhaps some "adult" beverages.   I am not certain how many will come, but quite a few from my nearby coffee shop I am certain.... 
***....what worries me a little is that my remaining 3 suitors will probably be there  ....  hmmm..... I wonder how the cis-girls handle this kind of stuff???   Breaking others hearts are not something that I want to do.

Again, it was great to get your update and to see your wonderful picture.... your hat, blue top and white long skirt looked terrific on you.

Thank you for posting and keeping your followers and readers informed.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

steph2.0

Very pretty, Kathy! I love that skirt and the hat! You have very good taste.

It's too hot here to wear anything long. Shorts and short sleeved tops, sandals or flip-flops, and now that I've gotten over the fears of showing my shoulders, sleeveless tops and tanks!

Today's uniform.

Aaaand... swimsuits! The US Independence Day is coming up on Wednesday, and it'll be time for a little pool party. Yay!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica

Very nice Kathy 🌸🌸🌸 not only did you have a warm day in the north (not as far north as @Alaskan Danielle , who is in a pickle with her suitors) with your sweetheart enjoying life.  You also look lovely as you always do.  Keep living life without worries.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jayne01

Hi Kathy,
Loving your style! I am not surprised you got some comments on how you were dressed, you look great! And happy too!!!

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

Donna

That is a gorgeous looking outfit Kathy. Just love it
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Kathy,

I just love reading your journey. Not long ago it had so many hurdles that you were trying to navigate, things that seemed insurmountable, then magic happened and things changed from how to accomplish needs and somehow survive to now.......wow, look at that lady out living life so well! Your story is an encouragement to us all and you look so good in demonstrating it! Good going girl,

Tia Anne
  •  

KathyLauren

Thanks, ladies! :)  I am looking forward to seeing photos of pool parties and barbecues soon.  Winter fashion photos are also appropriate for those down under. ;)

I had some feedback from a member via PM that my photo made them feel bad.  That is never my intention.  This is not a zero-sum game.  My intention in posting pictures and the humdrum events of my life is to give hope to others: if I can make it to this place in my life, so can you.  My sincere wish is to help everyone reading my posts, in whatever way I can.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 02, 2018, 10:10:07 AM
Thanks, ladies! :)  I am looking forward to seeing photos of pool parties and barbecues soon.  Winter fashion photos are also appropriate for those down under. ;)

I had some feedback from a member via PM that my photo made them feel bad.  That is never my intention.  This is not a zero-sum game.  My intention in posting pictures and the humdrum events of my life is to give hope to others: if I can make it to this place in my life, so can you.  My sincere wish is to help everyone reading my posts, in whatever way I can.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:  Please keep posting as you have been doing. I have very much enjoyed your success and happy moments that you share with all of us as you continue in your transition journey.   I am always looking for more updates from you.   I am happy to see that you are happy and for sure I love seeing your terrific pictures that you frequently post.

Hugs and Well Wishes.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Donna

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 02, 2018, 10:10:07 AM

Sorry to here this Kathy. It can be so frustrating trying to be positive  and show others what Is possible but their own dysphoria flares up over it. Your photos and comment are wonderful and please don't stop posting. Their is so
Much negativity in life that in here is the last place we should run into it, but it does happen.
Love you girl
October T 14.8 / 456
March T 7.4 / 236

[/
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Your photos are always lovely as are your comments.  Be you!
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

AH HO (I was going to say theres allways one but don't want to offend) . I look forward to your lovely photos and posts even if I just lurk .
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

I missed your lovely photo from earlier in your thread. You look great and sounds like you had a perfectly lovely day out just for good measure.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

I haven't posted in a while, because nothing much has been happening.  Life carries on.

But I got an email this morning from a friend who is a regular vendor at a new farmer's market down the valley.  We went there the first day they were open, to see our friend, buy some apple tree seedlings, and check it all out. 

Well, the market now has a poster, and guess who is in it?  That's me and my wife standing at the table on the right.  We're famous!

•