Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Kathy's journey

Started by KathyLauren, December 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Ever since I started measuring, back before HRT, my bust measurement has been 38½".  I assume that any gain in boobage was equalled by a loss in muscle and fat.  This measurement was so constant that I don't measure very often: too depressing.

Well, the more-or-less constant "growth pain" has increased a tad lately, and my breasts feel fuller in my hands.  So I thought I'd take a chance and measure them.  Well, WOO_HOO!!  I am up to 39½"!!  I'm pretty sure I am still an A cup, but a fuller one now.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 24, 2018, 04:37:48 PM
Ever since I started measuring, back before HRT, my bust measurement has been 38½".  I assume that any gain in boobage was equalled by a loss in muscle and fat.  This measurement was so constant that I don't measure very often: too depressing.

Well, the more-or-less constant "growth pain" has increased a tad lately, and my breasts feel fuller in my hands.  So I thought I'd take a chance and measure them.  Well, WOO_HOO!!  I am up to 39½"!!  I'm pretty sure I am still an A cup, but a fuller one now.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
Hmmm, growth pains in your breasts... that is usually good news, something is happening... no pain, no gain.
The hands know!!  But the tape measure knows the truth.
I am very happy for you... continue on!! 
Keep the update reports coming.  Your readers and followers are a curious bunch.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donna

Oh wow that's great news Kathy. Growth pains are so worth it for the end results. Keep up the good work and you will need to be bra shopping for a bigger size soon.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

Anne Blake

What fun news, and a full inch....wow! Is the growing pain still present?

Tia Anne
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Anne Blake on July 24, 2018, 08:02:04 PM
What fun news, and a full inch....wow! Is the growing pain still present?

Tia Anne
Well, it is unlikely to have been a sudden increase.  Like I said, I seldom measure any more, and it has probably been at least six months since I did.  The growth pain is usually present, though it is sometimes more, sometimes less.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Anne Blake

I don't know about the unlikeliness of sudden growth. Like you, I don't often measure anymore but in the last three weeks my left girl seems to have grown more than half a cup....now if the right one would just try to catch up. So, yes, I can really relate to the joy you experienced in a measurable inch!

Tia Anne
  •  

Donna

Sudden growth or rapid growth can happen for sure. Even with weight lose ive had crazy growth. Dont give up girls anything is possible
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

KathyLauren

Electrolysis day today.  She wanted to try doing my upper lip without a dental block.  All the hair there is on a young cycle, and it is mostly dark, so she is thinking that she can get away with a lower power setting. 

So, an hour before treatment, I trowelled on a ton of Emla, and covered it appropriately (plastic wrap, double layer of gauze, more plastic).  I had taken all the appropriate precautions: no caffeine-type products for 24 hours, well hydrated, a good CD cued up in the headphones for distraction.

The numbing lasted for all of about 2 minutes in the centre of my lip.  Holy crap, does it wear off fast there!  She only got in a handful of zaps before the pain level was too high.  Fortunately, it lasted better in other areas.  She spent about 15-20 minutes on my upper lip, doing the sides.  And then she went on to do one cheek, which I had also prepared separately.

But now I look like I have a Hitler moustache!  :o  So, electrolysis rash or not, I'll be shaving before I go out tonight.

I am going to try even more Emla next time.  She said to include the bottom of the nose as well as the upper lip.  I think the game plan is to hit the upper lip each time from now on for as long as I can stand it, and then move on to other areas.

Thank goodness for the music.  I was listening to Wynton Marsalis on "Baroque Music for Trumpet".  If you like Baroque music or trumpet, you have to listen to this CD.  He plays that trumpet so high that listening to it is like flying!  The perfect distraction from repeated pain.
  •  

LizK

Ooooohh Kathy that is a particularly nasty part to have done. I hated having my top lip done and I think I would have had maybe 9 complete clearances plus I got a great result from laser but I noticed last week a few of the little buggers are back so went and got another laser zapping.

I found if I put the emla on for 90minutes in 4 different spots I could cover an hour pretty well so long as she took them off one at a time and by the time we got to the last one it was pretty numb. The numbing lasted 15 minutes in most places however it gets expensive after awhile. Well its at least a few less hairs you now don't have to worry about....always a good thing  :)

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jayne01

Hiya Kathy,

You are looking great!! Love your new avatar, which by now is not new anymore. I am still trying to catch up with everyone. I like what you did with your nail polish. Looks good.

Congrats on having measurable growth with the girls. I know what you mean about measuring. I started measuring on a weekly basis, then monthly and now it's pretty much when I think of it. I know my breasts are growing, I can see it and they feel bigger, but the tape measure seems to stay constant. I guess the growth is becoming fuller and rounder, which the tape measure won't really pick up. The important thing is that you are comfortable and happy with how you feel rather than what a tale measure tells you.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

I just got back from an awesome weekend that I call "nerd camp": an astronomy society camp-out.  I will post more about it when I get a chance to write it up.  I just checked for updates, and there is not possible way I can get totally caught up, so my apologies if I miss someone's updates.  I'll do my best to catch up.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 13, 2018, 12:03:26 PM
I just got back from an awesome weekend that I call "nerd camp": an astronomy society camp-out.  I will post more about it when I get a chance to write it up.  I just checked for updates, and there is not possible way I can get totally caught up, so my apologies if I miss someone's updates.  I'll do my best to catch up.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
Oh for sure I will be looking for the details of your "nerd camp"  astronomy camp-out.   I have done a few of those also and I bring my own telescope like just about everyone else BUT I get so envious at some of the amazing telescopes that some of the other "nerds" own.... and of course those telescopes have amazing  price tags too!!!
Up here where I live, and certainly in the sparsely populated are that you also live, star gazing is wonderful... no light pollution at all where I am.   
Here we also have the most amazing views of the ever changing Northern Lights.   The Aurora Borealis is such an amazing and spectacular sight and here it is fairly high up in the sky.

I hear you about being away from the forums even for just a day or two.... as you said, it is almost impossible to properly catch up...  things here on the forums with the members that we follow are like a fast moving target.

Thanks for your update and I will certainly be looking forward to reading your astronomy camp-out update when you can post more about your time there.

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Long post.
TL;DR: Awesome weekend with some excellent trans-related experiences.

I spent the last three days at the annual "star party" of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada.  This group has a special place in my heart quite apart from the subject matter.  It was a presentation three years ago at their annual national convention, by an astrophysicist who happened to be trans, that opened my eyes to how a trans person could be seen as "normal".  And my public speaking debut as Kathy, at last year's star party, gave me a huge confidence boost.

The event is a camp-out with telescopes at a provincial park.  They have speakers giving presentations during the daytime and in the early evening, and then we observe and/or photograph the sky after it gets dark.

Clothing-wise, my presentation was girl-camper: colourful T-shirts, and denim capris or shorts.  It was scorching hot and we were out in the sun a lot in the daytime, so I decided to go wig-less for most of the weekend and wear either a ball cap with the society's logo or my wide-brim gardening hat.  And a ton of SPF 50 sunscreen!

The campground.  The photo is from two years ago because I didn't get any good ones this year, but I was in the same campsite this year.

I checked my appearance carefully in the mirror before leaving my tent in the mornings.  And, aside from my receding hairline, easily covered, I couldn't see male in the mirror.  Well, except for the beard stubble.  I had to dry-shave in my tent before venturing out to the washroom for my shower in the mornings.  Shaving my face in public would definitely impair my passability.  But my eyes and my mouth do not pass as male any more.

This year, like last, they asked me to do a beginner's talk.  Like last year's talk, on a slightly different subject, I focused on some common "gotchas" that cause beginners problems because no one told them.  No one fell asleep, and I had numerous people seek me out for the rest of the weekend to thank me for the talk.  There were several experienced members who said that they learned something new that they hadn't known before.

I cleaned up in the astrophotography contest, winning both the adjudicated competition and the people's choice award.  There was some stiff competition, and apparently, I won by only one vote in both cases, but a win is a win.

My winning photo:

Yesterday, we went on a field trip to see two tidal bores.  (Tides are an astronomical phenomenon, and tidal bores are certainly not boring.  The Bay of Fundy has the world's highest tides, and yesteday's tides were the highest in 2018.)  We car pooled to the two sites, and I was seated next to a new female member that I had not met before.  I took advantage of the opportunity to brush up on my interacting-with-women social skills.  We had a nice chat in the car about our backgrounds (she is a retired nurse), our dogs, and such stuff.

One of the two tidal bores:

On the way back to the campground, we stopped at a restaurant for lunch.  I don't normally eat with my hat on – only cowboys eat with their hats on – but I couldn't bring myself to reveal my balding pate, so I kept my ball cap on.  I felt obliged to apologize, and my new friend took an immediate interest.  So I explained that I had "really bad alopecia".  Which is true: male pattern baldness is also known as androgenic alopecia.  She took even more of an interest at that point.  I was starting to get uncomfortable that my answers would appear deceptive, so I came out to her.  Everyone else in the society already knows about me, and I'd rather she heard it from me than from someone else.  She went on to ask some really sensible and sensitive questions: she has a neighbour who is FTM trans.  It felt good to be real with her.  I don't think she guessed that I was trans before I told her.  On the other hand, I could tell that she was thinking, "Well, that explains the voice."

Speaking of which, one of the night-time activities is to share our telescopes and views with members of the general public.  It is dark, only dim red lights are permitted, and you can't tell who is who until they speak.  So at one point, someone at my telescope said to their companion, "Look, this gentleman has Saturn in his telescope."  I gritted my teeth and said, "Argh!" to myself.  I didn't bother to correct them.  I've never seen them before in my life, I won't even see them again, and the misgendering was understandable, since they had nothing to go on but my voice.  But argh, anyway.

This morning, as everyone was packing up, an old friend in the group came over to chat.  We don't often get face time, so she asked me how my transition was going.  I was able to tell her that it is all going way better than I had ever expected.  It was nice of her to ask.

So, aside from looking at stars and meteors, what are my take-aways from the weekend?  I am a public figure in the society, not for being trans, but as both a speaker and an award recipient.  I am 'out' to just about everyone, and am totally accepted.  In fact, more than accepted, I feel supported, respected, and even liked.  I have some women friends in the group, old and new, with whom I can be real, and who are supportive.  (My new friend also came over to say goodbye to me as I was packing up.) 

I came home on a huge high.  :D
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Kathy its nice to have unqualified accepted in a group of peers.  Your photo is so cool.  Its sounds like you had a very good weekend.  Enjoy the feeling!

I had to look up Tidal Bores to understand what it was.  Very neat, now I know.  Thanks.

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Steph Eigen

•  

Perry

Kathy, your photo is just so wondrous ! I found myself gazing at it for several minutes, great job.  Also, congratulations on achieving so much support and respect from your club members.

Perry
Integrity has no need of rules.  -Albert Camus

•  

Northern Star Girl

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:  Waiting for you nerd astronomy camp-out UPDATE was well worth the wait.  Your getaway sounded really nice in several ways... the sky views, your winning the astro-photography contest, being brave about your trans status, gritting your teeth when you were called a gentleman, your new accepting friend, etc.  I would have loved to be there with you, we could have been each other's bodyguards, LOL   ;)   .... and of course your public speaking endeavors.   Your tidal bore exploration sounds wonderful...  I have been to the Bay of Funday in the past, quite the exciting natural phenomenon for sure.

And after all of that .... you came home on an emotional high.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Thanks for your update and for sharing with us all.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

•  

Jayne01

Great update Kathy! You had quite the getaway. Congratulations on winning the photo competition. Lovely photo of the pretty stars! Did I just give myself away as not having any clue about star systems? [emoji23] my brother likes astrophotography but I have not seen his telescope in action. Unfortunately in Sydney there is lots of light pollution, being a big city. Whenever my wife and I visit her family in your part of the world, I am always amazed at how amazing the sky looks at night when there are no city lights spoiling the view. Am I correct in assuming that the star photos are captured with a long exposure, wide aperture, with the camera mounted on the telescope as it moves to track the desired area? Nice work capturing a nice clear photo without any motion blur.

Sorry you got misgendered in the dark. However you did handle it well. If it is any consolation, there used to be a cis lady at my work that got misgendered on the phone frequently, I have been guilty of misgendering her myself.  Voice alone is not a foolproof way to be gendered correctly, even for cis people.

Being treated with respect and recognised for your knowledge rather than your gender or how you dress should be a given. Unfortunately that is not always the case. I am glad your friends and acquaintances within your star gazing community treat you with the respect you deserve.

So happy you had such a great few days participating in an activity you enjoy.

Hugs,
Jayne
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jayne01 on August 13, 2018, 11:42:45 PMWhenever my wife and I visit her family in your part of the world, I am always amazed at how amazing the sky looks at night when there are no city lights spoiling the view. Am I correct in assuming that the star photos are captured with a long exposure, wide aperture, with the camera mounted on the telescope as it moves to track the desired area? Nice work capturing a nice clear photo without any motion blur.
If I remember correctly where your wife's family are from, you would be only a short drive (30 minutes, maybe) from Keji (Kejimkujik National Park), which has super-dark skies and was the first designated dark sky preserve in Canada.  It is a great place for stargazing.

The star photo was a total of 88 minutes of exposure time.  It is not a single photo, but 32 individual photos, from 2 minutes to 5 minutes in length, combined on the computer.  The photographic aperture was f/4.  The telescope mount tracks the sky at exactly the right rate to ensure there is no motion.  In addition, during each exposure, the computer is using a second camera to monitor the tracking and make tiny adjustments to keep each star within 1 pixel of where it should be.
  •