Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Kathy's journey

Started by KathyLauren, December 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne01

Hey Kathy, that's great news!  You've got to be happy for the upper lip to be done! Yaaaaay!!!!
  •  

Karen

Congrats Kathy on your upper lip.   What a relief.

I go through cycles of laser and feeling great without a shadow, and then the shadow comes back and dysphoria with it.   It is getting lighter and cant wait to be done....Then the electrolysis fun starts for the white and grey hair...

Congrats

Karen
Karen

* felt different like I did not fit, with strong feminine feelings and gender questions my entire life
* Sept 2016 - January 2017 real began to seriously question and research gender
* August 2017 friend explains transgender and gender vs sexual orientation, and immediately felt shock and begin to believe I maybe transgender
* March 2018 after 3 therapists, accepts I am transgender and am transitioning
* July 18, 2018 began HRT
* Feb 4, 2019 began Estrogen
  •  

KathyLauren

The weekend is off to a good start.  Last night, we went to a community corn boil down on the beach.  The weather was warm and surprisingly not windy.  The sky was smoky with high-level smoke from the fires in western Canada.  (Today, it is just as hazy, but now we can smell the smoke, too!)  There were quite a few people around the fire, and the corn was tasty.

I am seated at left, in the red top:

This morning, we went to a multicultural fair in town.  It is not a very multicultural town, so the sampling of different cultures was limited, but it was still a colourful event, and well-attended.

I am not really as tall as I look here:

We ran into one of my wifes friends there and had a good chat.  Then we noticed a woman pushing a yorkie in a stroller, which is a very sensible way to take a dog to an event like that.  We stopped to chat, first about the dog and then about all kinds of other stuff.  We seemed to make a natural connection, so we exchanged email addresses.

Okay, it is nothing exciting, but we do like to get out and about.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 25, 2018, 10:54:21 AM
The weekend is off to a good start.  Last night, we went to a community corn boil down on the beach.  The weather was warm and surprisingly not windy.  The sky was smoky with high-level smoke from the fires in western Canada.  (Today, it is just as hazy, but now we can smell the smoke, too!)  There were quite a few people around the fire, and the corn was tasty.

I am seated at left, in the red top:

This morning, we went to a multicultural fair in town.  It is not a very multicultural town, so the sampling of different cultures was limited, but it was still a colourful event, and well-attended.

I am not really as tall as I look here:

We ran into one of my wifes friends there and had a good chat.  Then we noticed a woman pushing a yorkie in a stroller, which is a very sensible way to take a dog to an event like that.  We stopped to chat, first about the dog and then about all kinds of other stuff.  We seemed to make a natural connection, so we exchanged email addresses.
Okay, it is nothing exciting, but we do like to get out and about.

Living life is always exciting when you love who you are and how you live.  I'm envious of your freedom to be the woman you have become!

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

TonyaW

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 25, 2018, 10:54:21 AM

I think you posted  a pic in that skirt before and I if I didn't tell you that I liked it I should have and if I did I'll say it a again.  I like that  skirt, I love that color and like that length for a light summer skirt. 

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
  •  

LizK

I'd have to agree with TonyaW about the Skirt. Its really nice I like a mid length especially in the summer. That beach looks fairly rocky is that typical of your area? We have miles upon miles of sandy beach coastline her in Australia apart that is from area closest one to me which is very, very, rocky...no sandcastles on that beach!! https://imgur.com/JJsZqf2

Meryl and I both enjoy the Markets but with her hours its not often we can co-ordinate to get to them.

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

@LizK, most of the beaches around here are pretty rocky.  There are a couple of sandy beaches in the Minas Basin, a few miles up the Bay from here.

Yesterday and today, Wendy and I have been enjoying the visit of everyone's favourite honeymooning couple, Tia @Anne Blake and @Debi.  More on that, including the obligatory photo, in their thread: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,239792.0.html
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

KathyLauren

My wife and I have enjoyed Tia Anne's and Debi's visit, the last couple of days.  We have seen some historical sites, window shopped, including taking them to our favourite second-hand clothing store (no purchases were made, though some clothes were tried on), eaten some excellent food, and enjoyed a lot of conversation.

These two ladies are lovely people, and if you are on their honeymoon itinerary, you are in for a treat!
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 30, 2018, 07:48:10 PM
These two ladies are lovely people, and if you are on their honeymoon itinerary, you are in for a treat!

I should have to second that.  Tia Anne and Debi are two of the nicest people I have ever met, wonderful souls on an amazing journey through life.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jayne01

Love your new profile pic Kathy. Your looking good girl!!!
  •  

KathyLauren

Well, poop poop poopity poop!  It's been a year since I was referred to a shrink for my second surgery letter.  So I called her office to see where I am on the waiting list.  The good news is that I'm still on it and I'm not at the bottom of it.  The bad news is that it will likely be another year before I get an appointment date.  Poop!
  •  

Faith

oh wow. All that wait just for a letter??!!?? That's got to be frustrating

Hang in there
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Jayne01

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 11, 2018, 08:15:53 AM
Well, poop poop poopity poop!  It's been a year since I was referred to a shrink for my second surgery letter.  So I called her office to see where I am on the waiting list.  The good news is that I'm still on it and I'm not at the bottom of it.  The bad news is that it will likely be another year before I get an appointment date.  Poop!
I'm so sorry Kathy. Poop! indeed!!! Are there any other avenues you could pursue in the meantime that may give you a quicker result?
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jayne01 on September 11, 2018, 08:38:10 AM
I'm so sorry Kathy. Poop! indeed!!! Are there any other avenues you could pursue in the meantime that may give you a quicker result?
Well I made an appointment with my HRT doc, who wrote the referral, to discuss alternatives.  I may have to use a shotgun approach and get referred to several shrinks to see who gets me first. 

Or maybe I can get referrals to other professionals that have shorter waitlists.  I may need three or more letters if I do that to keep everyone happy, but three letters in six months would be better than two letters in another year or more.
  •  

Jayne01

Quote from: KathyLauren on September 11, 2018, 08:47:34 AM
Well I made an appointment with my HRT doc, who wrote the referral, to discuss alternatives.  I may have to use a shotgun approach and get referred to several shrinks to see who gets me first. 

Or maybe I can get referrals to other professionals that have shorter waitlists.  I may need three or more letters if I do that to keep everyone happy, but three letters in six months would be better than two letters in another year or more.
Do whatever you have to do Kathy. Don't let the "system" run you round in circles. Use whatever loopholes and alternative avenues you can to get the job done.
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

You don't want to have one of your letters be too old or it might be rejected as not being a current reflection of you.  I recognize you maybe limited to opportunities in NS but I would keep searching. 
Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

KathyLauren

On the weekend, I attended a wedding, my first ever as Kathy.  I wasn't expecting any issues, since the brides were two trans ladies.  There were several other trans women in attendance, as well as a heart-warming number of cis relatives and friends.  Both brides were walked down the aisle by their brothers.

Planning for this event was a great opportunity to buy myself a nice dress.  I have finally figured out what I need for a dress to look decent on me.  Aside from just fitting, it needs to have a well-defined waist and a flared skirt.  Together, those features draw attention away from my wide shoulders, not to mention the "third boob" (belly)!  This dress had those features, in a lovely drapey fabric and a gorgeous colour.  Being second-hand, it cost me all of $38.

I got some silver flats at Payless.  It is nice of them to carry larger sizes, but I wish they had half-sizes.  Size 11 was too big to walk in, but size 10 pinches.  Oh well, they looked good.  I wore sneakers for the 2.5 hour drive.

I completed the look with a strand of my mother's pearls, looped three times around, and a pair of beaded earrings.  For a purse, I had a small black knitted shoulder bag that looks quite dressy.

And I got my dressier wig trimmed by a good hair stylist.  I liked the style, bit it just had too much hair.  She did a good job of thinning it out without messing with the length or style.

Some advice for ladies who wear wigs...  Get them trimmed by a good hairstylist!  Wigs are made with too much hair, just so that you can get them trimmed to suit your face.  If you don't get them trimmed, they will always have too much hair.  That is one of the "tells" that attracts unwanted attention from those who don't like us.  Make sure the stylist is good, though, since mistakes won't grow back.
  •  

Michelle_P

Kathy, you look fabulous!  Aren't thrift stores great?  Every community has a good thrift, it seems, although it can take a while to find it sometimes...

Great advice on the hair, too.  Thanks!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Kathy, I commented on your FB page, but let me add here that you're just beautiful!

Your advice for how to pick out clothes to balance our shape is spot on. We generally have the "inverted triangle" shape, and I always look for either tops or bottoms that flare at the hip. I've even been able to rock sleeveless and strapped designs if the bottom flares to balance my shoulders.

My latest favorites are sleeveless a-line dresses with pockets. In the reviews all the women complained that the pockets overemphasized their hips. I thought, "perfect!" And they are! The cool thing is they can be dressed up or down depending on accessories and shoes.

I'm really starting to get the hang of it. It's obvious that you are, too!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
Wow-zers... you look very beautiful in your nice pleated blue dress and your silver flats... all purchased very economically as well.   Of course your necklace, your hair, your earrings... etc.... all of that adds up to made a beautiful picture of yourself.   

I am also glad to see that you used that picture for you Avatar/Profile... a very nice updating to your profile appearance.

Thank you for sharing and for keeping your thread updated ...
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •