Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Kathy's journey

Started by KathyLauren, December 05, 2017, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: KathyLauren on December 25, 2018, 05:44:58 PM
My wife and I were invited to Christmas dinner with some theatre friends.  Everyone there was from our recent play: two actors, two techies, and one director.  All are really lovely people, nice to be around, and I would work with any of them again.

Our host was a wonderful cook, and the quantity and quality of food was staggering.  Being vegan, my wife and I didn't sample the meat dish, but there were plenty of vegan dishes for us, as well as traditional English plum pudding and numerous other desserts.

The conversation flowed easily, even for me.  (I tend to shut down when more than four people are present.)  Among other topics, we gossiped about who are the good and bad directors to work for, whom to avoid, etc.

My wife and I don't do Christmas in ant recognizable sense.  But we do like to take advantage of social opportunities, and this was a good one.

I hope everyone else had an equally enjoyable Christmas.

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
I so very much enjoy reading all of your postings and following your life events.
This is definitely the season for all of us to find happiness in our lives.
Unfortunately for some people, Christmas and holiday times are really hard because it brings back unhappy memories.

Those that do NOT have functional and accepting family relationships can find this time of year very difficult... 
This is exactly the time for those that are doing well to do what's needed to be encouraging and supporting to try to bring to them some semblance of happiness and joy.   We need to be a bright light in the darkness of their troubled emotions. 

I wish for you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Prosperous and Happy NEW YEAR

Hugs and as always, Well Wishes
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

Well, it is the end of another year, and tomorrow we start a new one.  Time for the dreaded year end report!  >:-) 

TL;DR: Yay me, and happy New Year!

2018 has been a good year for me.  It was my first full year of full-time RLE (2017 was just 8 1/2 months of RLE), and I have enjoyed every minute of being me.  The people I interact with regularly are all used to me.  No one is negative, and all are either supporting or at least accepting.  Strangers see me as a woman.  Perhaps they read me as trans, mostly I think they don't (I know for sure some don't read me), but it doesn't matter: they treat me right.  That is all one could ask.

My wife continues to be my biggest supporter and fan.  I am constantly amazed at how lucky I am to be married to her.

It was my second year of HRT.  My bust measurement has not changed a bit since pre-HRT days, still 39.5", but I have lost muscle and fat and gained breast tissue in equal measure, and I can now fill an A-cup bra.  It's a bit underwhelming for two years' growth, but I'm not complaining.  They are mine, all mine!  They are still growing, too, so I may yet grow to a B-cup.  If I did complain, a cis woman friend of ours would whack me over the head, because mine are much bigger than hers.  ;D

The surplus bits down below are a mere shadow of their former selves.  Tucking is a non-issue except in the tightest, stretchiest pants.  Even then, they tuck easily and the result is convincing.

My face has changed noticeably.  When I look in the mirror, I don't see any of my former face.  I just see Kathy in the mirror, especially if I am wearing a wig or hat to cover my hairline.

I have completed two years of facial electrolysis, around 100 hours.  I see real progress, and I can see being finished in a few months.  Already, parts of my face are baby's-butt smooth even after not shaving for a couple of days.  I started the year needing a dental block to get my upper lip zapped, but now I can do 15 minutes with just topical numbing cream.

Most of that is steady-as-she goes stuff.  But I have had a couple of real transition developments this year.  Most importantly, I have got the two referral letters I need for GRS.  My application is in to my insurance for funding, and I am just awaiting their response, hopefully early in the new year, to send off my request to Dr. Brassard's clinic in Montreal.

The other development, less exciting, but still important, is that the Nova Scotia government announced this year that it is changing the regulations surrounding gender markers so that you no longer need a Nova Scotia birth certificate to officially change your gender.  Without that change, I had to wait two years before I could change my U.K. birth certificate before I was able to change my gender on government ID.  With the new regulations, as soon as they come into force in the new year, I can apply for a gender marker change that doesn't depend on my birth certificate.  I will be able to get all my government ID updated finally.  And then, using that ID, I can use a different process with the Brits to change my birth certificate before the two years are up.

So, looking ahead to next year, I will be updating my documents, getting into the queue for surgery, finishing electrolysis, and maybe even having my surgery.  Which would make 2019 the best year ever for me.

I hope everyone else has as good a year as I am hoping for!

The pic is the "Flaming Star Nebula", taken last night.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@KathyLauren
Dear Kathy:
.... NO WAY is your past year recap Too Long: Didn't Read...  !!!!!
I read every word and I am so very happy for you that your past year of 2018 has been a good one for you... and it being your first full year of being full-time just adds frosting on the cake.  I can identify with you about how good that feels, to finally live freely being your true self.

The changes in your body from your 2nd year of HRT are wonderful for you to experience and wonderful for me to hear.
Enduring the discomfort of your facial electrolysis is now just a memory and any pain you felt melts in comparison to the feeling you have when you look at yourself in the mirror.... and you will soon be finishing up with all of that soon.
Looking forward to your planned GRS in this coming year is something that will be one of the most important steps in your journey... you rightfully are very excited about all of this.
Getting your name and gender changes on your important documents and licenses is adding even more frosting on the cake.

Yes indeed, the past year 2018 has been very good for you and look forward to an even better new year in 2019 with all of your pending plans to help you to reach your final goals.

I love your "Flaming Star Nebula" photo that you attached... 
...the beauty of the picture just adds wonderfully to your Happy New Year greeting.

So Kathy, I have enjoyed this last year with you on the Forums as we meet and exchange comments on your thread, on my threads and the other various threads around the Forums. 
Wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR...
I will be looking eagerly for your future updates.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

•  

sarah1972

Happy New Year Kathy!

What a journey and some exciting progress you made in 2018! So glad to hear you being accepted in your environment. Even better the news about changing laws allowing you to change name and gender marker. This will be a very big day for you!

I hope your surgery plans also materialize in 2019, or at least you get a date for 2020.

We are in the same boat on the effects of HRT. I mostly call them "barely cups". Many have said that post surgery they may have another growth spur so I have some hope. Right now they are back to the growing pains I had in the beginning and they still change and transform. You are right: they are mine and I love them
No matter how small they are.

I wish you a successful and happy 2019!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

Donica

Happy New Year Kathy! It has been wonderful pleasure following your thread through 2018. I am looking forward to following your journey through 2019. Governments finally changing policies, health insurance stepping up services for the trans community, planned surgeries etc..... 2019 promises to be an exciting and affirming year for us indeed.

I hope you receive everything you need to be happy. Stay diligent and positive. Be the squeaky wheel when things seen to stall. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Oh yes! If I ever get the chance to come an visit with you and your wife, I will bring the crackers and cheese and a good bottle of wine for an evening gazing at the heavens.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Donica on January 01, 2019, 12:15:49 PM
Oh yes! If I ever get the chance to come an visit with you and your wife, I will bring the crackers and cheese and a good bottle of wine for an evening gazing at the heavens.

Thanks, Donica.  You would be most welcome here (as would any Susan's friends), and observatory tours are part of the package.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Donica on January 01, 2019, 12:15:49 PM

(Pssst! Donica! Not cheese and crackers with the wine. Chocolate!)

Oh, hi Kathy! Happy New Year! And rest assured that when I visit I will bring the correct ingredients for a Night at the Observatory. (I think that was a Marx Brothers movie.)

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 01, 2019, 03:41:03 PM

Oh, hi Kathy! Happy New Year! And rest assured that when I visit I will bring the correct ingredients for a Night at the Observatory. (I think that was a Marx Brothers movie.)

Stephanie
Oh! Thanks for the heads up Steph!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

Stephanie

Haha!  That's my girl!!   ;D
  •  

Donica

Stephanie
I hope it's heated?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Donica on January 01, 2019, 05:51:17 PM
I hope it's heated?

The observatory?  (Or did you mean the chocolate? :D )  No, unfortunately, best results require that it be unheated.  In fact, I am working on completing the automation of it so I don't have to sit out there in the cold when I am taking pictures.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: KathyLauren on January 01, 2019, 05:55:38 PM
The observatory?  (Or did you mean the chocolate? :D )  No, unfortunately, best results require that it be unheated.  In fact, I am working on completing the automation of it so I don't have to sit out there in the cold when I am taking pictures.

Oh yes Kathy! In the winter I used to plug into my laptop and control everything from the warmth on my kitchen. Yes, everything needs to be at the ambient air temperature for best results. Especially the CCD. Two of my bigger scopes had built-in cooling fans.

Oh! And yes, lets warm the chocolate too ;D
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@KathyLauren    cc: @Donica
Dear Kathy:
It is so nice to find other Astronomy buffs here on the Forums.   I have always been interested in Astronomy and as a young teen I got my first good quality telescope and I was hooked. 
Back then I wish that iPhones and home computers were available... and I wish I had the iPhone App that I now have called  "Sky Guide"  ... it would have been so very helpful back then to be able to more quickly locate planets, stars, constellations, galaxies, etc.

One of my favorite books is Titled "Lonely Hearts of the Cosmos" written by Dennis Overbye.   I have read the book at least 3+ times and I will certainly read it again... once you start to read it you will find that it will be difficult to put it down... it is a permanent fixture on my bookshelf.   
It is a wonderfully written exposé of the early works of George Ellery Hale, Edwin Hubble, Alan Sandage and other pillars of early to mid-20th Century astronomy and the painstaking pre-computer methods and telescope installations that propelled their work which finally was culminated by using the new (at the time) 200 inch Hale Telescope ...

I have also had the wonderful opportunity to visit several large telescope installations including the
big Hale 200" telescope(Palomar Mountan,California)
Hooker 100"(at Mt. Wilson, California)
Keck Observatory & Mauna Kea Observatories(on the big island Hawaii),
the Kitt Peak 2.1-meter(in Arizona)
and a several other smaller University and College telescopes.

Special thanks to you Kathy for telling your story of your interest in Astronomy and posting some of your photos....   and now to find out that you are a famous author/contributor to a magazine!!!

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•  

KathyLauren

Donica and Danielle, how nice to find some more astronomy enthusiasts here! 
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Danielle, that looks like a good book to search for at my library.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I enjoy astronomy but am not fully versed in it.  While I live in a wooded area there seems to be enough light pollution to quash any views beyond the strongest stars.

I love your photos Kathy! 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on January 03, 2019, 10:45:23 AM
Danielle, that looks like a good book to search for at my library.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I enjoy astronomy but am not fully versed in it.  While I live in a wooded area there seems to be enough light pollution to quash any views beyond the strongest stars.

I love your photos Kathy!

@JudiBlueEyes  @KathyLauren
Dear Judy and Kathy:
Living where I do there is ZERO light pollution and the skies,  particularly in the winter time with the very long and dark night skies, the sky lights up brilliantly with stars, planets, constellations, etc....  and can be great for sky watching just with the naked eye or a good pair of binoculars.   
Then of course the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) puts on a great show, it is at a much higher angle or altitude from the horizon than anywhere down in the lower 48 and in southern Canada.
Danielle

•  

JudiBlueEyes

I know!  You're making me jealous.  It's like the mid West when I have traveled across country, the skies are so littered with stars!    8)
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on January 03, 2019, 11:15:54 AM
I know!  You're making me jealous.  It's like the mid West when I have traveled across country, the skies are so littered with stars!    8)

I visited the Laredo area of southern Texas a while back and was reminded just how wonderful the Milky Way is. It had been so long since I'd seen it...

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on January 03, 2019, 11:18:47 AM
I visited the Laredo area of southern Texas a while back and was reminded just how wonderful the Milky Way is. It had been so long since I'd seen it...

Sadly, they say 80% of North Americans have never seen the Milky Way.  Never!! :(
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on January 03, 2019, 11:37:22 AM
Sadly, they say 80% of North Americans have never seen the Milky Way.  Never!! :(

That is incredibly sad. Interest is slightly higher down here because of the Canaveral rocket launches, though I've found that long-time residents are kind of blasé about that, too.

•