Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What's the worst/weirdest Christmas gift you've recieved?

Started by Julia1996, December 22, 2017, 09:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Hi everyone. So what's the strangest Christmas give you've ever received? For me it was some orthopedic shoes my grandma gave me two years ago. The were special shoes for people who are on their feet all day. OMG, ugly doesn't come close! They looked like Frankenstein shoes. She wanted me to put them on and walk across the room to see how comfortable they were. Which I did. When I put them on my grandpa said " damn Marta, why did you buy her handicapped shoes ?" That made my brother get up and leave the room (so he could laugh) and my dad was really trying not to laugh. Yes they were totally ugly but they shouldn't have laughed. It's the thought that counts.  Last year someone gave me a chia pet. And then there was last year when one of my brothers gifts to me was a toaster.

Please share your weird gift stories.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

My dad buys everything last minute out of a magazine, the Heartland catalog or something like that. One year, he gave me 4 DVD set of 100 "classic" movies from up through the 50's or so. At first I thought "hey, this isn't bad", but then I began to look at the movies. I had heard of none of them--and I know movies. 100 films, and only one or two even had filled out IMDB pages. This was the classic movie equivalent of releasing a "modern" box set including Carnosaur, and Spartan... but worse because I actually could name those movies, they were just bad.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Maddie86

I gotta admit, I was a little offended one year when my dad got me a DVD of "the 40 year old virgin". I was also offended the one year my grandmother put a slim fast bar in my stocking. I was 8 years old!!  >:(
  •  

sarah1972

Didn't think I can participate until I unpacked a bag we received earlier today. Amongst other things it contained:
- an 8 pack toothbrushes with one missing
- a dual pack dental floss (well... half of it)
- and an open pack of toothpicks.

Don't believe me? Here you go:

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: sarah1972 on December 22, 2017, 04:22:45 PM
Didn't think I can participate until I unpacked a bag we received earlier today. Amongst other things it contained:

That's hilarious. And kind of sad too. Is the person who gave it to you a dentist?  Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Maddie86 on December 22, 2017, 04:09:41 PM
I gotta admit, I was a little offended one year when my dad got me a DVD of "the 40 year old virgin". I was also offended the one year my grandmother put a slim fast bar in my stocking. I was 8 years old!!  >:(

That's mean! A slimfast bar.Lol.  Well when I was 12 my grandpa gave me an industrial sized bottle of vitamins. He told me if I took them every day maybe It would help me grow and I wouldn't be so small and scrawny. My grandpa used "scrawny"  to describe me all the time. I don't know why he was so fixated on my size.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Dena

Quote from: sarah1972 on December 22, 2017, 04:22:45 PM

Don't be so shocked. When they robbed my house, they took about half a pack of toothbrushes (about 8 ) and a partial package of tooth paste (two tubes). In my opinion it's hardly worth going to jail for however the rest of the stuff  they took would have been worth it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Sno

A subscription to a well known magazine that in the previous months, I had been ranting about, as they had used, without credit or payment a friends photographs. Story of my life.

:(

Rowan
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on December 22, 2017, 09:17:42 AM
. This was the classic movie equivalent of releasing a "modern" box set including Carnosaur, and Spartan...

I worked on Spartan:)

I've gotten terrible gifts and great gifts from the same people.  One year was a flashlight set, and I'm talking plastic everready.  Then the next year was an encyclopedia written in an alien language.  Amazing how he could get one so right and so wrong, but it happens.  I look at the encyclopedia still and it's been 10 years.  My mom gives me ties every year even though I ask her not to.  She got the hint after coming out finally!  I get a lot of weird gifts.  I got a lot of cadaver gifts one year, like toe tags, casket plates.  Another year a metal sculpture of the predator.  One year I got locks from the 1800s.  I used to use one at the gym on my locker.  There was no missing my lock that was welded together from iron plate.  Most of these were from my dad.  Maybe his brain fires like mine.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Kylo

I don't recall any gifts that were that bad, but I did get a large musical/singing Cliff Richard Xmas card from my ex.

He knows that's the cringiest, most useless possible thing I could ever receive and I congratulated him on some cringe well done. 
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Dee Marshall

The few bad Christmas gift stories I have are sad, not funny, so indulge me as I tell a bad birthday gift story instead.

Two weeks prior to my birthday three and a half years ago I came out to Randi, my wife. Obviously a very emotional time and even now we haven't quite recovered. Randi, our friend, and the friend's husband planned to celebrate my birthday as the four of us were want to do.

When I opened up their gift, which she proudly said she had picked out, it was a fleshlight. (Look it up.)

All I could think was, "what the heck am I supposed to do with this?"

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Dee Marshall on December 23, 2017, 07:59:23 AM
The few bad Christmas gift stories I have are sad, not funny, so indulge me as I tell a bad birthday gift story instead.

Two weeks prior to my birthday three and a half years ago I came out to Randi, my wife. Obviously a very emotional time and even now we haven't quite recovered. Randi, our friend, and the friend's husband planned to celebrate my birthday as the four of us were want to do.

When I opened up their gift, which she proudly said she had picked out, it was a fleshlight. (Look it up.)

All I could think was, "what the heck am I supposed to do with this?"

OMG! What a weird and horrible gift! Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jessica_Rose

A few years ago my wife and daughters received maxi-pads from my parents at Christmas. I know my parents meant well and it was something they could use, but that was truly awful. Can't even use that at a white elephant gift exchange!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 23, 2017, 08:07:50 AM
OMG! What a weird and horrible gift! Lol
My next thought was, "well, at least now I have one of my own".

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

DawnOday

It's been tuff to explain that at 6'4" and nearing 300 lbs at the time, that you can't just go buy something off the shelf.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on December 23, 2017, 08:10:37 AM
A few years ago my wife and daughters received maxi-pads from my parents at Christmas. I know my parents meant well and it was something they could use, but that was truly awful. Can't even use that at a white elephant gift exchange!

Lol. That's too funny! Well they were being practical. Lol.  Every Christmas for the past three years my brother gives me a box of personal stuff. My Venus razors, hair ties, nail polish remover, perfume, bath oils and make-up.  Depending on which female friend or girlfriend helps him pick it out, the make-up is usually stuff I use. I think it's a cool gift.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on December 23, 2017, 04:52:33 AM
I worked on Spartan:)

Well, that was a foot in mouth moment for me. ;D (By way of explanation, I have a vendetta against David Mamet. :P)

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 23, 2017, 09:30:03 AM
Lol. That's too funny! Well they were being practical. Lol.  Every Christmas for the past three years my brother gives me a box of personal stuff. My Venus razors, hair ties, nail polish remover, perfume, bath oils and make-up.  Depending on which female friend or girlfriend helps him pick it out, the make-up is usually stuff I use. I think it's a cool gift.

My sister loves getting hair ties and CVS gift cards to buy all of that stuff.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Roll on December 23, 2017, 09:32:19 AM
Well, that was a foot in mouth moment for me. ;D (By way of explanation, I have a vendetta against David Mamet. :P)

My sister loves getting hair ties and CVS gift cards to buy all of that stuff.

Personal stuff besides tampons, adult diapers, etc is a good gift. My brother wraps everything he puts in the box and then wraps the big box. That's a cute idea.  Speaking of personal gifts, when Tyler was 16 my dad put a box of rubbers in his stocking. He told Tyler he wanted him to have and use them because he was too young to be a grandpa. Lol.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jessica

When I was very young (4or5) my grandmother (the mean one) gave me a shoehorn with a brush on the other side.  I wanted a toy.  She was well off, we were dirt poor.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julia1996

The fleshlight post reminded me of something but I didn't know if it was appropriate to share. I guess it is, it's gross but funny. Our old vacuum was a canister. I started noticing a nasty odor everytime I used it. I would put a clean bag in it but it would still smell bad everytime I used it. My dad noticed too when he used it to clean his car. I couldn't figure out what was causing the smell. Well I found out! My brother had been using the vacuum for self pleasure! He would take off the hose and put Mr. Happy in the opening. Of course his...seed got sucked into the bag. He must have done it a lot to cause an odor! My mom came home early one day and caught him red handed. Of course she told my dad and I what she caught him doing. He was about 14 at the time and embarrassed doesn't cover how he felt. Lol
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •