Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

What was the necessary push you needed to start transitioning?

Started by PurpleWolf, January 18, 2018, 03:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maria77

I was in a bad marriage, a pressure cooker at work and this was about 2000 or so and trans people were becoming more visible.  I knew all of my life, but after researching it as a kid and seeing the costs associated, I just pushed it into the corners.  After all of the tumult, I suppose this just added more in some sense.   ;)
  •  

Christy Lee

I can really relate to alot of people here saying that they were isolating themselves im doing that myself, and how they didnt feel normal

Also one thing i should say also is that not drinking or drugs or anything but i do use food as a means to cope with it, i dont like myself for doing it but it does help and i also binge watch lots of tv

I also can relate to anxiety and depression, last year even had a mental break down my life had just been so bad up until last year but even tho it was getting better i couldnt see any signs of it and i just gave up ........not suicidal just gave up living, it wasnt until late last year when i realized i had been like this longer than i thought

Trying to claw my way out now of depression and sometimes i feel like starting Transitioning cannot be any worse than what my life is now but then i go back into my bubble and everything is "fine" again
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

kylen kantari

The time between finding out that not only was transition possible, but that I wanted to do it, and actually doing something about it was 2 1/2 years. The final push to do something about it came when one day, I found myself sitting on my bed with a bottle of pills in my hand and wanting nothing more than to swallow the entire bottle and just end it all. Instead of taking the pills, I told myself "six months, if nothing has changed in six months, then that's it, I'm ending it." It was when I put a literal deadline on my life that I realized I had to do something, that sitting in limbo was no longer an option. It pushed me to seek out a therapist and a support group and get transition started. I had read other people's stories before that about how they had reached a point of transition or die and I never thought I would come to that point, but I did. I have wanted to die my whole life, but that was the first time I had ever actually planned it out. And I am really glad that instead of going through with suicide, I started transition. Because now, for the first time in my life, I actually want to live.
Learning to run freely
  •  

Allison S

•  

SashaHyde

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on January 18, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
Getting all muscular and manly at the gym (which I thought I wanted at the time) just made my dysphoria worse.

This! I could never be big enough/ripped enough. Constantly seeing bigger and more ripped guys. Turns out I just didn't like my male body! I was a chubby child for a bit, so I could never be thin enough!
Ironically becoming a woman I'm excited to have some fat (in the right areas) and have some sexy curves!

The push came ironically when I shaved my beard. As a man, I look MUCH better with facial hair. I hadn't seen my bare face in 2-3 years. I shaved it and realized how unhappy I was with the man staring back at me. I always had been. The beard had been a mask. I had hidden from myself for 3 years.
It started a process which for me will probably be slow but I'm not sure I can go back or stop it. I really really don't, I'm just a little nervous how the journey will happen. I'm going to start finistride asap to stop any more hair loss. I start gender counseling soon and would like to start estrogen to see how it feels sooner than later.

--Sasha

--Sasha  :P
  •  

BT04

My case wasn't like most others' - it wasn't that I was in a downward spiral and needed to do it to save my sanity. I came out to myself and decided that transition was the right path for me within the span of about 3 weeks. What prompted it was euphoria.

I had no idea I could feel so good about myself until I started doing this smut RP story and playing a male character. My RP partner (who is bi, but prefers men) thought I was male until I accidentally outed myself in a joke. He encouraged me to workout, he told me that strapons were sexy, that this masculine persona of mine was sexy. Until then I had no idea that my masculinity could be appealing or attractive. When that sense of acceptance hit, transitioning went from being completely off the radar to an inevitability. It felt that good.
- Seth

Ex-nonbinary trans man, married to a straight guy, still in love. Pre-T, pre-op.
  •  

Chelsea

Quote from: Denise on January 18, 2018, 05:33:54 AM
Extreme anger.  Being jealous of 1/2 of the population was creating a situation where I was always angry.

Live free or die.

I remember Feeling this same way!  My girl friend told me she always thought I was just checking the other women out. In reality I was so mad inside because I was trapped being me and not them.

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on January 18, 2018, 07:51:30 AM
-Three things:

1. Getting all muscular and manly at the gym (which I thought I wanted at the time) just made my dysphoria worse.
2. Thinking about suicide once made me realize my dysphoria was bigger than I thought.
3. Approaching 30. My goal is to live as a woman in my 30s, hopefully everything works.

I too started going to the gym and even grew a Beard and I ended up feeling worse about myself.
I done a 180 and started taking herbs to look more feminine for the last few years.
I Couldn't take one more minute. I was a ticking time bomb inside.

Hugs,

Chelsea

First Therapy Appointment 2-26-18
Came Out To Sister 2-27-18
First Endocrinologist Appointment 3-7-18
Started HRT! 3-7-18
First Voice Therapy Appointment 4-23-18
Came out to my Brother!!!! 5-3-18
Came out to MOM!!!! 5-17-18

•  

mako9802

Realizing I only get one shot at this.....so I better get to it.   Also realizing there is more than one way to do this.  I realized you don't have to be super fem to be trans, every person I know who is trans is very fem.   I don't want to be them I can't I can only be me....Realizing you can't let others live your life and there's as well.....
  •  

AprilRyan

For me it was realizing that I was slowly killing myself for years through drinking because I failed in my two actual attempts to kill myself. It got to the point that I had damaged my liver and had multiple seizures from withdrawals. I finally realized that if I want to keep living, I had to confront why I was doing this to myself. So I made the decision to transition and have never been happier! Many friends have even said how much they notice that about me. And I've been sober now for over a year! :)

•  

PurpleWolf

!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •