Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Things you expect from 2018 transition-wise?

Started by PurpleWolf, December 31, 2017, 05:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galyo

This is more of things that I hope to achieve in 2018, but it's all I have.

- Hoping to better watch my diet and lose some weight (I'm not overweight, but it can always be better)
- Hope to achieve a more naturally feminine curvy look. Any MtF can agree to how difficult it is to lose that dreaded triangle upper body shape
- I'm hoping to learn more and better make-up tricks
- Starting voice therapy somewhere in June (the waiting times are ridiculous here...), looking forward to that
- Later this year, I'm hoping to make some plans for my first surgeries (including "the" surgery)
  •  

krobinson103

In 2018 I hope to:

1) Get my wife comfortable with the changes that are and will happen.
2) Lose another 30 pounds so I can get rid of the bulge in the middle!
3) Add another couple of cup sizes to my breasts so they don't look silly and small on my large frame
4) Grow my hair longer so it covers most of the issues caused by MPB and age
5) Hopefully move to living mostly full time by the end of the year.
6) Kill the 'wish I was her...' voice that plays over and over when not wanted!
7) Remove a good portion of my facial hair so I can at least get through a day or two without having to shave.

Some will be easy, others not so much but hey, big goals lead to not settling for second best.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

RachelH

Quote from: Lindy on January 03, 2018, 12:38:42 PM
Paula, you've come this far, I hope you find the courage to take the next step! There is no harm/risk in meeting with a doctor and any anxiety you might feel would be normal. Maybe take someone with you, even if they stay in the waiting room/car during your appointment. Or if no one's available, maybe make a plan to treat yourself if you follow through. We all face these one-time hurdles - our journeys are filled with them.

Best of luck!

Lindy

Thank You Lindy!!  I made the appointment on NYE after discussing it with my wife. She encouraged me to make it and I know the first will just be a consult and perhaps bloodwork so I'll more than likely go. What happens from there, well, time will tell! Thank you again for the words of encouragement!
Paula
  •  

Corax

➣ I will be having my mastectomy and hysterectomy in May this year.
➣ I hope that I'll be able to have the first step of phalloplasty this year as well but this depends on whether they still have appointments open for this year or not.
➣ I hope that the fat redistribution will finally start to kick in better(or at all?). I personally can still only see the disfiguration and deformation that the poison oestrogen has caused to this body. No one should have to have such a disfigured form; the waist alone is absolutely gross, urgh!
➣ I would like to start to work-out at the gym if possible since I unfortunately see some problems with this. One is extreme dysphoria that has kept me from being able to participate in any sports since my body was ruined by the wrong puberty and which even made me vigorously refuse to engage in the sport lessons back in school where I always sat on the bench doing math instead ^^"
  •  

cjsnow1

Hair removal and getting back on HRT after not having done either for the last couple of years are at the top of my list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

WolfNightV4X1

....actually...if my finances go well, I am expecting to pay off my credit card, put some money into savings, and get top surgery in May. I'm also expecting to do some legal sex change stuff. After that I think I can consider myself "fully transitioned", exciting stuff, but I'm not there yet. Here's hoping everything goes according to plan.

•  

SeptagonScars

For 2018 in terms of my transition, I'm looking forward to getting bottom surgery (meta + hysto + v-ectomy) sometime during late spring/summer and then healing from that. Stage two of my SRS might happen this year as well (hopefully) but to not get disappointed by the possibility of even more waiting, I'm keeping in mind that stage two might not happen until beginning of next year.

I've also been trying but not yet succeeding with starting to exercise to change my body to look more masculine/muscular, but even if I could manage to start with that tomorrow I don't expect I could reach much of a visual result this year due to having surgery which means I'll have to go quite long times of little to no exercise. And the idea of starting exercise, then stopping, then starting over again after healing is discouraging to me. I'd rather then wait until after surgery and not have to go on-and-off with it.

So, something like this:
1.) Bottom surgery, at least stage one maybe also stage two.
2.) Maybe possibly working out some if I can push myself to it somehow.

I have more of a 2-5 year plan-ish when it comes to the rest of my transition, but this year is very focused on bottom surgery and not much more. Not that much more for me to do in that department either. Although it feels really awesome to have so little left of my physical transition and being so close to my goal I can almost touch it now, I'm also a little overwhelmed by that those are the hardest parts of it as well. At least for me they are, I'm not speaking for anyone else, although I suspect I'm not the only one to consider SRS to be a pretty huge step. But I might be a bit weird for considering working out to be daunting and almost equally difficult...

Cause I've been on T for a lot of years now (like 4,5 plus 1, but I usually just say 5 for simplicity), and had top surgery several years ago too (4), had my name and legal sex changed - medically, bottom surgery is the only thing I have left that I want and need for myself, as I'm not likely to get much of any more changes from the hrt to look forward to by now. And then building muscle and trying to make my curvy shape a little more squared isn't quite as medical but I still consider it part of my transition cause the purpose of it is to lessen my dysphoria about having a feminine body shape, despite it being masculine already in terms of being hairy and flat chested. If I had the option I'd go for mansculpting/liposuction of my thigh/hip area but that procedure is not covered where I live and there's no way I can afford it. Maybe in a far distant future, but not now.
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

Transfused

I want to see my penis shrink to barely nothing. It shrank already a lot but now I'm directly applying Estradiol patches on the scrotum.
I want to see my buttocks get even bigger. I already have a nice butt but I want it to get even bigger. I want a very big latina ass before Christmas next year.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Transfused on February 22, 2018, 02:37:07 PM
I want to see my penis shrink to barely nothing. It shrank already a lot but now I'm directly applying Estradiol patches on the scrotum.
I want to see my buttocks get even bigger. I already have a nice butt but I want it to get even bigger. I want a very big latina ass before Christmas next year.
That's such a good idea! If only I could put the anti androgen on my body hair for it to all go away.. I want a big booty too [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

The Flying Lemur

• I'm 2 weeks away from the court date to have my name legally changed.
  • I hope to have my voice drop and to see other effects of T
  • I hope to start the process for top surgery by the end of the year

"Only" 3 things, but I think that's enough for one year.
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •  

SashaHyde

I have a couple weeks until my first therapist meeting. Do that for a bit, try hormones, and just wait for them to work.

--Sasha
--Sasha  :P
  •  

Mendi

Get:

- The examinations done in this Finnish system.
- Get the diagnose code F64.0 a second time (First diagnose is not official in Finland, everywhere else it's just fine).
- Fulfill the Finnish eugenic law and be sterile, so that my gender can be confirmed.
- Book surgery in Thailand.
- Kiss goodbye to the Finnish gender clinic  ;D
  •  

Allison S

Can I add something? I was the first after OP and this would be my 3rd after all.. well 4th post on here but really the 3rd.. wish!

And that's to marry the guy I'm having feelings for or maybe we'll start with a kiss? [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Mendi on February 24, 2018, 11:54:31 PM
Get:

- The examinations done in this Finnish system.
- Get the diagnose code F64.0 a second time (First diagnose is not official in Finland, everywhere else it's just fine).
- Fulfill the Finnish eugenic law and be sterile, so that my gender can be confirmed.
- Book surgery in Thailand.
- Kiss goodbye to the Finnish gender clinic  ;D

You can get surgery in Thailand without a diagnosis from Finland. There's online therapists that are easy to get suitable letters from. Might save you a lot of bother.
  •  

KarenElizabeth

2018 goals:
Continue HRT
Continue electrolysis
Continue being kind to myself!!!
  •  

Mendi

Quote from: AnonyMs on February 25, 2018, 05:32:08 AM
You can get surgery in Thailand without a diagnosis from Finland. There's online therapists that are easy to get suitable letters from. Might save you a lot of bother.

I know and I've been really tempted of going to some other European country where this is much more easier, humane and sane. The online therapists have been also something that I considered, but there is just one big but....I need the diagnose from Finland, without it I will never get my gender recognized in this country. Also I would never get HRT covered by our social security system.

I need to fight through this system and then they can kiss my  ;D
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: KarenElizabeth on February 25, 2018, 10:03:02 AM
2018 goals:
Continue HRT
Continue electrolysis
Continue being kind to myself!!!

Hi  KarenElizabeth,

I'm Laurie, I see that you are new here. So please let me say, Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and  create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly. I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Laurie
Global Moderator
Laurie@susans.org

Things that you should read

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

JillianC

What changes am I waiting to happen in 2018.
- Legal Name change (done)
- Legal Gender change (done)
- finish facial electrolysis(in progress, those stragglers take forever)
- become more adapt at hair & makeup
- become more social
- develop interests that will occupy my mind once transition starts to wind down
- bottom surgery (in progress, checking off all the requirements and jumping through hoops)

Changes I am looking forward to in 2019
- hopefully, giving my bank account time to recover from the past two years.
  •