Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

DOCTOR WHO TRANS WITHOUT HRT

Started by Cassi, December 31, 2017, 07:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

If someone posted this already I apologize.  If not, then WOW, Doctor Who, the 50 plus year running Timelord trans from male to female. 

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Yes  :)
not forgetting the master as well ....
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Cassi

When you think about it, it's kind of a subliminal tribute don't you think?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Cassi

The Master was referred to as Missy as I recall.  Now, looking back at the many shows, I don't recall very many if any female Timelords.  So, the question is, Time what?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Yes missy its kinda non binary to me ....i think time lord will stay its foundation of the series and yes it is a kind of tribute ....just as captain jack was to bi men
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Cassi

Geez, I forgot all about Torchwood, lol.

But then again he went and became evil as Malcolm Merlin :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

But in doctor who he became the face of ...something or rather an ancient being that the doc encountered in the far future from time to time
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Cassi

I was joking about his part in the tv series "The Arrow".  Of course you're at the bottom of the world so I don't know if you get that show Down Under :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Oh we do ........ .but  i miss episodes  becàuse of work
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

RobynTx

There have been more than a few Time Ladies mentioned in the show. Before Missy was introduced there was an episode about one Time Lord that switched sexes often.

•  

Cassi

Interesting.  Really wasn't aware of that.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Don't forget River Song She too was a time lord.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cassi

To a certain degree.  If I recall correctly, she got her timelord power from the doctor. Then, there's also the doctor's daughter.  Most of these have come up in the past few years.

Over the course of 50 years that the show has run, most of the new stuff has been relatively new :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Cali on January 01, 2018, 02:06:58 PM
To a certain degree.  If I recall correctly, she got her timelord power from the doctor. Then, there's also the doctor's daughter.  Most of these have come up in the past few years.

Over the course of 50 years that the show has run, most of the new stuff has been relatively new :)

River Song is the daughter of Amelia Pond and Rory and was named Melody at birth. But she got the doctor's DNA by way to molecular osmosis at the time of conception during tardis travel. That is the way I understood it A temporal menage a trois if you will.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Izzy Grace

I'm super excited, but dont forget the General. When the Doc goes back to Gallifrey after the confession dial the general is shot by the doctor and goes from white old bald guy to a young bald black woman, stands up and says, "That was the only time I've been a man in 10 regenerations" i'm paraphrasing, and then turns to the younger guy and says "That ego, how to live with it" ahaha.
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Cassi

I vaguely recall the "General".  Which doctor was it?  Ironically, I have almost every episode of the series (except for those that were lost or erased by the BBC).

Tom Baker was my fav as he was the first doctor I became aware of.  I had been taking a telecourse class on PBS during my collage days and came across the series.

Then a few years later I noticed a show that had the blue police box but none of the actors matched up with Baker and his crew.  Turned out it was Pertwee's series.

Sadly, nowadays, they have the show on far less and I feel they just like to tease with it.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Izzy Grace

Quote from: Cali on January 02, 2018, 10:23:12 AM
I vaguely recall the "General".  Which doctor was it?  Ironically, I have almost every episode of the series (except for those that were lost or erased by the BBC).

Tom Baker was my fav as he was the first doctor I became aware of.  I had been taking a telecourse class on PBS during my collage days and came across the series.

Then a few years later I noticed a show that had the blue police box but none of the actors matched up with Baker and his crew.  Turned out it was Pertwee's series.

Sadly, nowadays, they have the show on far less and I feel they just like to tease with it.

Baker was my first doctor as well!

They seem to do two seasons back to back and then take a year off between seasons for two seasons or something, its silly. That general was in the season finale of Season 9, so that was 2015 I think. It was Capaldi. It was the last appearance of Clara as the regular companion before Bill came on this last season over 2017.

**slight spoilers warning**
He forces the time lords to pull clara out of time to get her help with "the hybrid" question, but its a ruse to keep her alive.
**no more spoilers**

In that same season in fact, Bill asks about Male/Female Time Lords and Missy (The Masters) most recent incarnation being female and he tells her that they dont have our silly human hangups about gender. The she says something to him like, oh sure thats why your called Time LORDS, eh? and he was sort of like oh good point. hah
Starting Weight Oct 17: 234#  ♦  Current Weight 190#  ♦  Goal Weight: 155#  ♦  To Go: 35#

•  

Cassi

Wow,  I think it is just so awesome that there are other girls who are into the Doctor Who series.  And it bends my mind when someone, such as yourself, comes up with tidbits that I either forget and really didn't pay attention to.

Hugs

Cali
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •