Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jo Bloggs (formally The Rambles of Shambles)

Started by Shambles, January 01, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

I'm surprised they are making you wait after test patch, everywhere I've spoken to here and place I wound up just do it same day after test.

Just make sure to take some Tylenol before hand and maybe look into some of the numbing cream recommendations if you feel you may need it. (I dont use them so cant really speak to them.)

<3
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

VickyS

Super news on the laser.  I would be very pleased with that.  ;D  Well done girl!

I think sometimes we have to take the odd leap of faith.  We don't always know the outcome but have to take an educated guess.  Sometimes it's better to act than do nothing at all and stagnate.  I can't remember who said this quote, but my dad uses it all the time:  always do something, even if it turns out wrong. Never do nothing. Do nowt, spend nowt and you'll achieve nowt. (nowt = nothing for all those who don't speak colloquial midland english!! lol).

QuoteWent to talk to my mom and dad about my choices (not out to them so did keep my pink fingernails firmly in my pockets) and mentioned about hair transplant. Well my dad reacted to the whole convo like a sledgehammer like he normally does but my mom just sat there looking all worried about stuff going wrong abroad and it might be better to wait a bit for the cash to do it in the uk, she did say she completely understands though (even though she thinks im cis male). I did have it in my head that i might be able to do the hair by this summer but my mom wanted me to promise that i wouldn't do it for 12 months - i promised her 6 months in the end. Lasor on face will take 6 months anyway and i might not have a full paying job next month so it kinda feels like the sensible thing to do. Now knowing my GD i do think something will need to take it's place though, ive got a feeling that i might be rocking some colour on nails in public more often... and the wig privately but its just so hard when you have kids, it rules out at home for most of the day.

I'm not surprised your mom is worried.  I am too to be honest, but again, sometimes we have to make a leap of faith and I can't imagine (well I can try) how much GD hair loss can cause.  If it helps lessen the pain of the GD then it's worth every penny.  Your mom is just concerned about her child so I totally get that.  At the end of the day, I'm sure they both want you to be happy in your life.  If I were in your situation, I'd go for it, even if it's in 6 months time.  ;D

QuoteSaying that though my daughter who's 5 noticed the nails tonight, was confused at first but i just said i put it on when she was asking how it got there, like someone had pinned me down and put it on without me knowing or something but she was ok with that after 5 mins.

That's good. At least now she's getting used to the idea.  ;D

There's a hell of a lot going on in my life atm, fair wack of it isn't connected to GD. It's strange though that everything, well alot of stuff is going right or changing at this point in my life. 6 months ago i felt trapped but now everything is shifting and i feel the power to be able to move things in a direction i want. Things might go horribly wrong but im looking at the positives right now, i keep coming back to two ideas. 1) accepting that im trans and need to move forward has had some other positive effects around me, i mean i know im changing - becoming more comfortable with who i am inside - maybe thats radiating out? I know i have no control over a redundancy offer but even that im seeing as a good thing if i can get it. or 2) someone is watching over me and giving me a little help (im not religious but its still an option!)

Sounds like you are in a MUCH better place now than 6 months ago.  I do know how you feel as I'm on the same timeline.  That trapped feeling is absolutely horrible and it's so empowering to be able to make decisions for yourself that only YOU control, not everyone else and you just drift along for an easy life.  Personally I'm sick of doing that.  I have had lots of comments about the fact that I'm changing also, so I think we do radiate out these positive changes.  I'm MUCH more comfortable with who (and what) I am now.  Self acceptance is a HUGE step but the most satisfying one.  This is going to be a life changing year for you in pretty much every aspect of your life by the sounds of it.  these changes are positive and will hopefully usher you into a new era and chapter of your life filled with happiness and love. xx
Came out to self: mid Oct 17                   Last haircut: 3rd Nov 17       
Came out to wife: 17th Jan 18                 Therapy started: 1st Mar 18
Electrolysis started: 10th Apr 18              Referred to GIC: 16th May 18
  •  

pamelatransuk

Jo

It really is so wonderful to read that things are now looking up for you.

Congratulations on the good fortune and hoping it continues.

Pamela

•  

Shambles

This is what i've been rocking since Sunday -

So im in the GD quite stage atm where you left questioning is this still correct - i know its quite normal. Lots of stuff going on taking mind away from GD and some progress made on Feminisation - it's bound to have that effect. Lets see how long it lasts  :D

Also i've thought of a much better title for this thread - Jo Bloggs, get it? It's like Joe Bloggs ie mr average but Mis average and its Jonanne's Blog! Might see if i can change it!
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Shambles

Had my first lasor season today on my face, dam i was nervous, my hands were shaking it was that bad. Had lots of denial thoughts this week in the run up around what the hell am i doing etc but i kept the appointment, i knew how bad i would have felt if i chickened out. Feel alot calmer now knowing its done and the other 5 seasons will now be easy.

So long hair! Nice knowing you! (Pisst dont tell the hair but that was sarcasim)
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Shambles on April 06, 2018, 11:15:39 AM
Had my first lasor season today on my face, dam i was nervous, my hands were shaking it was that bad. Had lots of denial thoughts this week in the run up around what the hell am i doing etc but i kept the appointment, i knew how bad i would have felt if i chickened out. Feel alot calmer now knowing its done and the other 5 seasons will now be easy.

So long hair! Nice knowing you! (Pisst dont tell the hair but that was sarcasim)

I had that too, it felt like a point of no return for me, but afterward I felt so much infinitely better!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Shambles

Picked up some tinted moisteriser on sun, its realy good! Not quite as obvious as full blown foundation so im wearing it to work now. Smooths things out and hides dark hair
Think this will become a gateway though to full blown make up  :D
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Shambles on April 10, 2018, 05:12:13 AM
Picked up some tinted moisteriser on sun, its realy good! Not quite as obvious as full blown foundation so im wearing it to work now. Smooths things out and hides dark hair
Think this will become a gateway though to full blown make up  :D
I use a tinted moisturiser for going to the gym and golfing.  Mine have sunscreen so good for outside.  Need something to cover the shadow and I'm not going to do full make up just to sweat it off.  I saw some that are supposed to be full coverage,  as good as foundation.  I'm thinking of giving it a try next time I need to get more foundation. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

davina61

I use Nivea tinted moisturiser , its almost the same as my colour matched foundation and lasts all day in my mucky job. Beard removal is my next thing but worried about the cost as don't have much savings ,if you don't mind me asking how much is yours costing (pm is you want). Have been "coming out" for over a year  and now full time but nowhere near passing , went shopping this morning and had a few second takes but I just hold my head up and stick my bust out . Its there problem not mine but could do without the sirs and mates , will be better when its warmer and not in jeans or under a sweatshirt at work
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shambles

Quote from: davina61 on April 10, 2018, 08:18:22 AM
I use Nivea tinted moisturiser , its almost the same as my colour matched foundation and lasts all day in my mucky job. Beard removal is my next thing but worried about the cost as don't have much savings ,if you don't mind me asking how much is yours costing (pm is you want). Have been "coming out" for over a year  and now full time but nowhere near passing , went shopping this morning and had a few second takes but I just hold my head up and stick my bust out . Its there problem not mine but could do without the sirs and mates , will be better when its warmer and not in jeans or under a sweatshirt at work

So ived paid 640 for 6 seasons. That was down from 750 as i haggled a bit but its still alot of cash. And ill still need electro afterwards but itll take care of most. I use the nivea one too, picked up the light verson
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

davina61

That's less than I thought it would be , will have to make some phone calls this week as on hols
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Roll

Yeah, laser is perfectly reasonable I've felt. I paid just under $300 for 3 sessions, and while it jumps up a bit once my groupon is out, that is just because of where I live. I've seen it as cheap as $95 per session even without discounts.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Shambles

If you convert my cost per season to dollars its 150 a season but that seams to be a going rate over here
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

Shambles

I came out to a close work friend tonight during eurovision on snapchat! I was so sure she knew but was just waiting for me to aproach the subject, turns out it was a suprise. Was shaking as i was typing, is this the right thing doubts but i did it and the reaction was amazing. We was even talking about nails and how i wear clear polish to work and showed her a pic of colour on nails now and she didnt click until i spelt it out.

So proud to be able to call her a friend and its a real boost in confidance for me
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Shambles on May 12, 2018, 07:55:51 PM
I came out to a close work friend tonight during eurovision on snapchat! I was so sure she knew but was just waiting for me to aproach the subject, turns out it was a suprise. Was shaking as i was typing, is this the right thing doubts but i did it and the reaction was amazing. We was even talking about nails and how i wear clear polish to work and showed her a pic of colour on nails now and she didnt click until i spelt it out.

So proud to be able to call her a friend and its a real boost in confidance for me

Wow, that's amazing, congrats!!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Alyssa Bree

Quote from: Shambles on May 12, 2018, 07:55:51 PM

Yay! That's awesome! Always a great feeling.

xoxoxo
Alyssa
Your NEEDS drive your WANTS which drive your ACTIONS. To not take action is to not meet your needs.

I am like an archaeological excavation - being uncovered piece by piece, slowly...methodically... until all of the real ME stands proud in the light of day.
  •  

Shambles

Also been trying to think around sexuality, what best describes how im atttacted?

Forget the norm tags of straight gay bi etc im attracted to femininity simple as that, though i dont know at this point if this is the simple case or im just attracted to how i see myself.

Anyone else thought about that? Not sure if your own wants cloud your attraction veiws?
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
  •  

TonyaW

Quote from: Shambles on May 13, 2018, 03:47:20 AM

Anyone else thought about that? Not sure if your own wants cloud your attraction veiws?

Yeah I think I've realized this now after so many years.  I had always said or believed my "dream girl" was tall, thin blonde (redhead in later years).  I'm tall, I used to be thin and have blonde hair which I've dyed red now.

But even then the women I thought were sexiest had dark hair.

It certainly looks like I confused the two for a long time. 

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Shambles on May 13, 2018, 03:47:20 AM
Also been trying to think around sexuality, what best describes how im atttacted?

Forget the norm tags of straight gay bi etc im attracted to femininity simple as that, though i dont know at this point if this is the simple case or im just attracted to how i see myself.

Dr. Anne Vitale wrote that (in the case of MtF) we are attracted to and often marry the woman we want to be. That's been the case for me.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Steph2.0 on May 13, 2018, 07:42:38 AM
Dr. Anne Vitale wrote that (in the case of MtF) we are attracted to and often marry the woman we want to be. That's been the case for me.

- Stephanie
Yes, me too!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •