Started Therapy
  •  

Sephirah

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Lizzeh

•  

Roll

My forum name covers this question pretty well. (Roll is from Megaman!)

Aside from her, honorable mentions to Tali from Mass Effect (i wuv Tali), Cammy from Street Fighter, and Leon from Resident Evil. I'm going to also give a shout out to Golbez from FF4 and GlaDOS and Wheatley from Portal on the villains front.

Oh, and Catherine the Great from Civ 4. Does that count? ;D (IMP/CHR MASS EXPANSION FOR THE WIN. FIN was overpowered and no fun.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Violet10Dencies

Samus Aran from the Metroid series!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

•  

Christy Lee

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 12:53:43 AM
My forum name covers this question pretty well. (Roll is from Megaman!)

Aside from her, honorable mentions to Tali from Mass Effect (i wuv Tali), Cammy from Street Fighter, and Leon from Resident Evil. I'm going to also give a shout out to Golbez from FF4 and GlaDOS and Wheatley from Portal on the villains front.

Oh, and Catherine the Great from Civ 4. Does that count? ;D (IMP/CHR MASS EXPANSION FOR THE WIN. FIN was overpowered and no fun.)

I had a feeling that your username was based on Roll from Megaman

I main Cammy in Street Fighter also, i kick butt with her LOL, i use to be pro Ken

Who  doesnt love GLADos and Wheatley? but who do you like better? GLADos? or Wheatley? LOL idk if can answer that myself haha

Other than Fem Shep, Garrus was always my 2nd fav.... now if you'll excuse me i have some calibrations to do
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Quinn_Elizabeth

Alice from American McGee's Alice/Alice Madness Returns
Moira and Sombra from Overwatch
Sora from Kingdom Hearts
Amaterasu from Okami
and
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret from Final Fantasy XV
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 14, 2018, 01:56:23 AM
I had a feeling that your username was based on Roll from Megaman

I main Cammy in Street Fighter also, i kick butt with her LOL, i use to be pro Ken

Haha, same. In the original SF2 I was never big on Chun Li for some reason despite normally gravitating to female characters, and Ken was my man. Particularly as the series went on and his ->mk became amusing to me because my friend I played with the most who was way better than me in general just couldn't wrap his head around the double hit. But the second Cammy was in the picture she was my go to. (Speaking of fighters and playing female characters, I really did that so much it is ridiculous in retrospect. I wonder if I would have been better at fighting games if not for the repressed trans issue making it psychologically necessary for me to play as female characters 99% of the time. Who knows, maybe with E. Honda I would have gone pro! ... Probably not.)

Who  doesnt love GLADos and Wheatley? but who do you like better? GLADos? or Wheatley? LOL idk if can answer that myself haha

Glados is the classic, but Wheatley... Wheatley is just the best. Also, Stephen Merchant.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Christy Lee

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 09:57:20 AM
Haha, same. In the original SF2 I was never big on Chun Li for some reason despite normally gravitating to female characters, and Ken was my man. Particularly as the series went on and his ->mk became amusing to me because my friend I played with the most who was way better than me in general just couldn't wrap his head around the double hit. But the second Cammy was in the picture she was my go to. (Speaking of fighters and playing female characters, I really did that so much it is ridiculous in retrospect. I wonder if I would have been better at fighting games if not for the repressed trans issue making it psychologically necessary for me to play as female characters 99% of the time. Who knows, maybe with E. Honda I would have gone pro! ... Probably not.)

Glados is the classic, but Wheatley... Wheatley is just the best. Also, Stephen Merchant.

I never let that bother me when playing fighting games, i guess it was more just about using video game violence as a means to repress being trans ie beating the crap out of someone.. lol so i got pretty good at it, however going online with Street Fighter iv made me think otherwise sometimes hahaha im actually better at Tekken anyway

Im still hoping for a Portal 3 ... i knowww Valve cant count that far but a girl can dream right?
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 14, 2018, 04:54:31 PM
Im still hoping for a Portal 3 ... i knowww Valve cant count that far but a girl can dream right?

Valve are too busy doing... something or other. Wait, what even are they doing? There's no way the steam dev team is their primary game dev team and just maintaining it takes all of their resources, right? ... Right?

And now I feel the urge to start beginning everything I say with "Cave Johnson here!" even if it has been years since that game came out.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Quinn_Elizabeth

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 05:00:51 PM
Valve are too busy doing... something or other. Wait, what even are they doing? There's no way the steam dev team is their primary game dev team and just maintaining it takes all of their resources, right? ... Right?

And now I feel the urge to start beginning everything I say with "Cave Johnson here!" even if it has been years since that game came out.

Valve has pretty much laid off all their game devs. The main story writers behind HL2 and Portal no longer work there. I'm at the point where I want them to license out the different properties to other studios so we can at least get some game!! I feel like Portal is too good of a game series to let decay, as well as Left 4 Dead. 😩

-Quinn💖
  •  

Violet10Dencies

Quote from: Quinn_Elizabeth on January 14, 2018, 05:30:20 PM
Valve has pretty much laid off all their game devs. The main story writers behind HL2 and Portal no longer work there. I'm at the point where I want them to license out the different properties to other studios so we can at least get some game!! I feel like Portal is too good of a game series to let decay, as well as Left 4 Dead. [emoji30]

-Quinn[emoji178]
I heard that Valve is working on some full VR games though. Fingers crossed for a new HL or Portal game!

There's supposed to be a Portal-esque game coming to console soon, Bridge Constructor. I just found out it's available for Android/iOS right now (for $5). It's far from a Portal 3, but it looks like it could be fun. Anyone try it yet?

•  

Christy Lee

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 05:00:51 PM

I always get the urge to say Yes Sirrrr Mr Johnson :o, JK Simmons is in a new sci fi show this year called Counterpart and it looks good, seeing adverts just make me want to say Yes Sir Mr Johnson

Although i did actually replay Portal 1 & 2 at the start of last year

Quote from: Violet10Dencies on January 14, 2018, 06:19:36 PM
I heard that Valve is working on some full VR games though. Fingers crossed for a new HL or Portal game!

There's supposed to be a Portal-esque game coming to console soon, Bridge Constructor. I just found out it's available for Android/iOS right now (for $5). It's far from a Portal 3, but it looks like it could be fun. Anyone try it yet?

Ive heard of that game, but no i havent played it

Cute name btw

Quote from: Quinn_Elizabeth on January 14, 2018, 05:30:20 PM
Valve has pretty much laid off all their game devs. The main story writers behind HL2 and Portal no longer work there. I'm at the point where I want them to license out the different properties to other studios so we can at least get some game!! I feel like Portal is too good of a game series to let decay, as well as Left 4 Dead. 😩

-Quinn💖

Late last year they were teasing HL 3 ..... but my inner voice kept saying no Portal 3, Portal 3, Portal 3 LOL
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Quinn_Elizabeth

The whole thing about the Bridge Constructor game wasn't developed by Valve. It's actually a game that's been out for a while that has been re-released with Portal themed elements. IF they are doing anything with VR, that's not a good idea. VR is one of those things that are starting to lose steam because it's SOOOO expensive to get into. By this point you HAVE to give up on HL3. It's not coming. They refuse to acknowledge it and act like it doesn't exist. The main writer posted a synopsis of what HL3 was going to be on his blog if you want to go check it out. The last game that Valve has made themselves and have announced was Artifact which is another >-bleeped-<ty card game based off another IP in the same vein as Hearthstone. I more than anyone else would like them to make another big name, but they have just grown content with raking in the money from Steam than to make anything interesting. 😔

-Quinn💖
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Quinn_Elizabeth on January 14, 2018, 07:05:14 PM
The whole thing about the Bridge Constructor game wasn't developed by Valve. It's actually a game that's been out for a while that has been re-released with Portal themed elements. IF they are doing anything with VR, that's not a good idea. VR is one of those things that are starting to lose steam because it's SOOOO expensive to get into.

I admit, I thought the same thing about VR until recently playing around the PS VR. It is the right price and quality. (I have a Samsung Gear VR, which is fun but just a gimmick for the most part.) Prices on the high end stuff needs to drop another 500+, but when it does I now believe the VR industry is going to only skyrocket.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: Roll on January 14, 2018, 09:32:09 PM
I admit, I thought the same thing about VR until recently playing around the PS VR. It is the right price and quality. (I have a Samsung Gear VR, which is fun but just a gimmick for the most part.) Prices on the high end stuff needs to drop another 500+, but when it does I now believe the VR industry is going to only skyrocket.

I have to admit I am a total VR convert. I have an Oculus Rift and having played games like Fallout 4 VR, Elite: Dangerous and even Skyrim in VR I have to say that the experience is something else. It's something you just can't describe adequately. The Rift is about half the price now that it was when I got it, and it's something I would recommend to anyone with a PC capable of running it. After playing Elite: Dangerous in VR, I can't go back to playing it on a monitor. I just can't. The sense of scale, and total immersion, and like you're actually there is beyond amazing. VR turns games into actual experiences, and for me personally, that's worth the money.

Over Christmas I took part in this, and it was so amazing. It felt like being in a movie. Actually IN a movie.

Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

PollyQMcLovely

Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher series is easily my favorite video game character. He's extremely well written, has depth to his personality, is well voice acted, has absolutely amazing facial animations and he looks like a >-bleeped-<ing badass. And he's got a whole host of interesting companions to play off of.

When you guys play VR are you constantly aware of the fact that the resolution is halved (approximately) so that each eye can get different frames? Or am I wrong in thinking this is the case?

Also, in VR games where you can teleport how often do you choose to do so?
  •  

Roll

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on January 25, 2018, 04:38:01 AM
When you guys play VR are you constantly aware of the fact that the resolution is halved (approximately) so that each eye can get different frames? Or am I wrong in thinking this is the case?

Also, in VR games where you can teleport how often do you choose to do so?

In my experience, I didn't notice resolution at all. Honestly, it sort of like... blurs together a bit in a way that creates a natural anti aliasing, if that makes sense? I'm not sure any I've played teleport in the way you mean (Ie: fast travel in skyrim I assume).
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

PollyQMcLovely

Quote from: Roll on January 25, 2018, 12:56:30 PM
I'm not sure any I've played teleport in the way you mean (Ie: fast travel in skyrim I assume).
In some VR games they employ teleportation in lieu of or in addition to standard movement controls.

Here's a video demonstrating it's use in Doom and Fallout. There's a nice explanation in the video description.

•