News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Favorite Video Game character?

Started by Christy Lee, January 07, 2018, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sephirah

Quote from: PollyQMcLovely on January 25, 2018, 04:38:01 AM
When you guys play VR are you constantly aware of the fact that the resolution is halved (approximately) so that each eye can get different frames? Or am I wrong in thinking this is the case?

Also, in VR games where you can teleport how often do you choose to do so?

For me, no. If you have a good enough GPU you can compensate for that a lot by increasing the quality of the HMD display beyond what it's set at for minimum requirements. Sometimes by a significant amount. The resolution is lower than playing on a monitor, yes, but your brain just sort of compensates for it and you really don't notice it at all. Or I don't. It's more interesting to me just how many of the gaps the brain does fill in, in order to accept something as a complete experience. One of the first experiences I did was one where I was standing on the top of a really high skyscraper. Which in itself was an achievement, for me, but in spite of it looking obviously like a game (complete with giant alien flying saucer and huge mech), I felt a real feeling of vertigo and got butterflies in my stomach when I looked down. That's the thing about VR. If it's close enough to the real thing, the brain makes the leap.

As for teleportation, the only game I've played where it's an option is Fallout 4 VR. And I turned it off. Swapped to the direct movement option instead. It feels way too unnatural for me. I can see the use, and the point of it, but it breaks my immersion a lot.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

TicTac

Master Chief from the Halo franchise

He kills aliens and isn't afraid of anything (it is a meme)
  •  

Rumples

Irenicus from Baldurs Gate 2.

Sheer brilliance, easily the best bad guy ever.
Turn to page 137:
You enter the room, Rumples slowly turns to face you, tilts her head and let's out a slight smirk. Everything you were, are, and ever will be disintegrates into absolute nothingness.
Your adventure ends here.
  •  

ainsley

Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Sarah_P

Quote from: Christy Lee on January 14, 2018, 04:54:31 PM
Im still hoping for a Portal 3 ... i knowww Valve cant count that far but a girl can dream right?

Have you played Lego Dimensions? The Portal level in there is really well done, and might as well be Portal 3.

As for my favorites... Tera (FFVI), Yufie (FFVII), Glados, Solid Snake, Alicia & Edy from Valkyria Chronicles. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. There is no villain greater than Kefka from FFVI.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

Roll

Quote from: Sarah_P on April 01, 2018, 07:31:01 PM
There is no villain greater than Kefka from FFVI.

Not many villains accomplish their goal like that. Also, the music.

~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

VaxSpyder

Haha, when I saw the title of this thread, Kefka was my first thought!

As a protagonist, hmmm . . . Ezio Auditore.
Favorite authors and poets - JRR Tolkien, HP Lovecraft, Stephen King, George RR Martin, Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, Homer

Favorite video games - Assassin's Creed, Dark Souls/Bloodborne, Elder Scrolls, retro NES and SNES games

Favorite movies - Classic horror movies, superhero movies, Lord of the Rings

Other interests: Dungeons and Dragons, Call of Cthulhu, Ancient history, 17th and 18th century history, Comic books, Tattoos, Fashion, Religion and theology of all kinds, Writing, Meditation
  •  

samanthabwolfe

I can't pick one!

Thrall/Go'el from the Warcraft Universe is probably my favorite. His story of being born, taught to fight for terrible reasons, overcoming that upbringing, being smart and strong, finding a heritage, and leadership all before WoW even begins, then in WoW to find his roots, then his bad choices, it's so rich. He made me want to play the shaman I've had for 12 years.

Zelda from OoT, probably my favorite version of the character. She was at once feminine yet entirely strong, entirely willing to disobey to save her people, and worked so hard to avoid what happened, and still fought on beyond that.

Terra from FFVI. FFVI is, outside of WoW, my favorite game ever. In fact, when I worked in wrestling, a remix of Terra's theme was my favorite ring entrance music. :-) She's used and abused but when given the choice she chooses to fight for the right and best reasons. After the world is destroyed she then takes up the defense of children and finds a new, equally right reason to fight. I can understand how she feels, that she may not be able to feel love not being fully human, and I've felt that way being trans. She's one of the first female protagonists I was able to sync with and it meant a lot how strong she was despite her vulnerabilities.

•  

Eryn T

ITT - Really good choices!

ITP - Not so good choices(lol)

I saw this topic and I like jumped at the opportunity, but quickly drew a blank. I guess I hadn't really thought about the characters I like the most in games. But usually for me, is more identified with, and I would say as melee, brawler, or monks. The other character that I always talk too much about, and really enjoyed(and still enjoy in certain versions) is Sonic the Hedgehog. But I also understand that he's not exactly the most three-dimensional character and is basically just a marketing amalgamation that now, somehow, has one of the most screwed-up and toxic fanbases ever.

Anyway, back to melee.  I'm looking at Final Fantasy, mostly, cause that's what I played a lot of growing-up.  And for me it was Tifa Lockeheart first-and-foremost from FFVII, then Zell from FFVIII, and I also really liked Yda from FFXIV. And while I still like those characters, I think because of my transition I actually enjoy others a bit more now.  Like Lulu and Yuna from the original FFX. 

Truth is, if someone just started naming off games, I could pick hundreds, but I think I don't actually have a 'favorite' video game character...is that sad, as a game designer?
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

sarah1972

Leisure Suit Larry was released right around the time I got into computers. and as a hormonal teen right down my ally. Have never been much into games since... So I guess Leisure SUit Larry it is (hahaha and now I revealed that i am not 39 anymore)

•  

Christy Lee

Have you played Lego Dimensions? The Portal level in there is really well done, and might as well be Portal 3.

As for my favorites... Tera (FFVI), Yufie (FFVII), Glados, Solid Snake, Alicia & Edy from Valkyria Chronicles. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. There is no villain greater than Kefka from FFVI.

Sorry for the late reply, no,  no i havent played it but i have watched all the cut scenes :) i dont wanna consider that Portal 3 LOL i need more haha

Solid Snake is the man 
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Christy Lee

Quote from: TicTac on March 30, 2018, 11:19:29 AM
Master Chief from the Halo franchise

He kills aliens and isn't afraid of anything (it is a meme)

I get it,  good choice.... I Love Halo also
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Amaki

There is no villain greater than Kefka from FFVI.

oh my gawd yes

the all time best villain, only one minus ardyn to actually accomplish his goal (and unlike ardyn did it in a timely matter) (in final fantasy history anyway)

But my all time favorite Video game character would have to be Lucca from Chrono Trigger

Always had a thing for smart chicks, and they dont come any smarter than one who accidentally crates a time machine (and learns to control it in a timely matter lol) 
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

Alanah

Nova from starcraft favorite villian The Lich King from Wc3/WoW
  •  

Bon Bon

Gonna have to break this into some catergories:

Visual noveleqsue: Larry Butz! from Pheonix Wright series, hes such a goober but so cool.

Shin Megme Tensei titles: Kanji from p4/ Ryuji from p5 bit of a tie. They bother fall under: Blonde, Delqiuent, Heart of purest gold. Like my weakness man, weaknesses.

Jrpgs: Alvin from Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2, i just have a thing for walking disasters  ;D But hes Gun sword combo is fun as all get out to fight with too.
  •  

DustKitten

I really like Ellie from The Last of Us, and Chloe from Life is Strange is a lot like me in some ways (blue hair, punk, adventurous, angry at life because of family issues) but unlike me in others (very naïve, loud voice, bit more of a teenager in general). I like Gauge from Borderlands 2 (partly because of her look and abilities, but mostly because she randomly screams "Anarchy!" in battle sometimes, and I identify with that) and Zer0 from the same game is also cool. Lulu from Final Fantasy X looks kinda like me irl, except that she's much more feminine than me atm, and I love her dress and the way she casually brings her teddy to fights.

Some video game characters deserve a mention, but don't quite make my list because they originated in other mediums: Jackie Estacado from The Darkness (I love the original comics) and Geralt of Rivia, from the Witcher series (in this case, I enjoy the latest game more than the books. The Witcher 3 was amazing, but I do like the book's version of Geralt a little more). I like Ciri, too; she's a badass and I love her hair.

My new absolute favorite is Markus from Detroit: Become Human. I really like his character, and the changes he goes through in the game; he's got a little bit of Neo, Martin Luther King Jr, Ghandi, and idk what else wrapped up inside of him, and all the parallels to history and other bits of modern culture makes him really interesting to watch and play. I made him a pacifist my first time through, and I'm curious to see if he'll end up more like Malcolm X or something if I make him violent for my second run.

Connor was cool too, and more attractive and approachable imo, but I liked Marcus' character and story more overall, so Connor gets second place on my list.
  •  

DPS

Hmm....either Ezio Auditore or Vivi from final fantasy.
  •  

Amaki

Quote from: Bon Bon on June 17, 2018, 11:59:26 PM
Gonna have to break this into some catergories:

Visual noveleqsue: Larry Butz! from Pheonix Wright series, hes such a goober but so cool.

the others are great choices too but I want to pull out a villain near the top of my list but for reason I can't and wont talk about her much

I would openly say I fear her but that gives her power over me lol
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

GingerVicki

Mine has to be my character Sally in Fallout 4. Me and Piper roaming the wasteland.
  •  

TheDelBel

Mine is Beat from Jet Set Radio.
<3
  •