Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The Great British Bake Off/Baking Show??

Started by Quinn_Elizabeth, January 07, 2018, 05:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quinn_Elizabeth

So I've recently stumbled upon this show on Netflix. All I have to say this show is so lovely!!!
Everyone on this show is so nice to each other. The hosts and judges are so funny and not harsh because it would make for interesting television. It's genuinely just pleasent to watch. Most television competition shows I've watched are usually very cut throat and mean spirited.
The only show that I've seen that gives me the same kind of feelings is Master Chef: Junior!
Does anyone else watch this show?
I know it's quite a huge thing in the UK!

Let's talk about it!

-Quinn💖
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Quinn_Elizabeth on January 07, 2018, 05:15:47 PM
So I've recently stumbled upon this show on Netflix. All I have to say this show is so lovely!!!
Everyone on this show is so nice to each other. The hosts and judges are so funny and not harsh because it would make for interesting television. It's genuinely just pleasent to watch. Most television competition shows I've watched are usually very cut throat and mean spirited.
The only show that I've seen that gives me the same kind of feelings is Master Chef: Junior!
Does anyone else watch this show?
I know it's quite a huge thing in the UK!

Let's talk about it!

-Quinn💖

This show has been on for 8 seasons from what I can see.  Will have to check it out.  I will be able to use it to translate some of the food comments posted here :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Quinn_Elizabeth

Quote from: Cali on January 07, 2018, 05:18:50 PM
This show has been on for 8 seasons from what I can see.  Will have to check it out.  I will be able to use it to translate some of the food comments posted here :)

I love baking but that's limited to cakes, pies, and cookies. Some of the things that they make are insane! It also makes me want to try newer things! Lol

-Quinn💖
  •  

Elis

The shows amazing :) :). Unfortunately I only got into it a few years ago so only was able to enjoy a few series of the original line up (Sue and Mel are amazing). But admittedly the Channel 4 version isn't completely awful. Series 1 just finished. They also showed 2 festive eps which weren't bad
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Evienne

Never heard of it. But I like the title :p

I don't have Netflix though .-.
Cool to hear there actually exists a competitive reality show that isn't a horror fest of hate and yelling though.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

AgentVermont052

I just finished watching the 4 seasons on Netflix. I absolutely loved how chill and amazing all the contestants were. I especially loved how a lot of the contestants who were people of color included parts and themes from their cultures in their bakes, it was so nice to see them embrace that and be so proud of their backgrounds.
I can't pick a favorite baker, I do have a few I didn't like the personalities of. But every episode was so intense and beautiful.
I have only seen the latest 4 seasons (I know there's more but Netflix here only has the latest 4??) but I want to find other seasons and watch those!!

I forget which one but there was a guy in one season who was a teacher and in his introduction they mention he lived with his husband and I screamed because normally in the reality TV I've seen, they don't mention or acknowledge someone is LGBT. So I was happy to see someone on reality TV who was accepted who was also LGBT :D

Tell them to make it count.
Jorge-052

Every great moment in our history began with a dream.
Alec A. Ryder Sr.
  •  

Elis

Quote from: AgentVermont052 on January 22, 2018, 03:21:24 AM

I forget which one but there was a guy in one season who was a teacher and in his introduction they mention he lived with his husband and I screamed because normally in the reality TV I've seen, they don't mention or acknowledge someone is LGBT. So I was happy to see someone on reality TV who was accepted who was also LGBT :D

Yeah they do that in other seasons too; British TV has become quite open now about LGBT people.

You do know that one of the hosts on the GBBO; Sue Perkins;  is an out and proud lesbian right  :D
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

AgentVermont052

I didn't know that about Sue at first but once I started looking through Google for more episodes I saw that!! It's so great  :D

Tell them to make it count.
Jorge-052

Every great moment in our history began with a dream.
Alec A. Ryder Sr.
  •  

Megan.

I'm a huge Bake-off fan, I've applied to be in the next season... Watch this space! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Megan. on January 23, 2018, 03:33:01 AM
I'm a huge Bake-off fan, I've applied to be in the next season... Watch this space! X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Aye lass and good luck to ye!  Try making sauteed scallywags in oiun sauce :)

Just kidding.  Good luck!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •