Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I would like everyones opinion on this.

Started by Julia1996, January 12, 2018, 10:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Hi everyone. I would like your opinion on hair color. When my brother does something dumb I tell him he's showing his blonde and in the rare instances I do something dumb I tell him I'm catching his blonde. It does annoy him when I say that. But why else would I bother to say it? Lol.  So last night he cleaned out the fireplace ashes and put them in a shopping bag. The bag had a hole in it so he got ashes all over the floor. I asked him if he had to be blonde all the time. He got really annoyed and he told me I really needed to stop saying that to him because I was a lot more blonde than him. NO. His natural hair color is honey blonde. Mine obviously is snow white. He said my hair was platinum blonde. My hair is white. It's not blonde. He says white hair is considered blonde. I say no it's not.

So what do you think? Is white hair considered blonde?  It seems like a silly question I know but I would like everyones opinion. I really enjoy proving my brother wrong. Is it petty? Yeah it is but I have to take fun where I can find it.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Faith

white hair is white, not blonde .. or in my case, not gray - more silver :)
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Devlyn

Platinum blonde for the win! My old man's favourite saying to describe his (white) hair.
  •  

DawnOday

Would you like to be referred to as a guy? Why do you think your brother would want to be referred to as blonde? A known derogatory term meaning dumb. I know lots of brilliant blond people. As I know brilliant blacks, brilliant women, I've learned of brilliant Trans people. I know dumb people with black or brown hair. I also know a few immature white haired people. You of all people, should know the hurt that words can insite. You are old enough to grow up and realize words have consequences. Just witness our current Chief Executive. Sorry if I seem harsh, but not everything is lol. You are better than that.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

ainsley

I don't think white hair is considered blonde.  He is wrong, and you are right, Julia. :)
Some people say I'm apathetic, but I don't care.

Wonder Twin Powers Activate!
Shape of A GIRL!
  •  

Faith

I beg to differ about hair color. Platinum blonde still has blonde overtones. White is .. well, white.

called a guy vs being told you're having a blonde moment? Not hardly the same thing at all. I know quite a few blondes and they tell blonde jokes and references more than anyone else. being 'dumb blonde' is a staple of stereotypical humor. PC pervasiveness, the whole "I'm Insulted by everything" trend is ridiculous.

Now, I do believe that him being called having 'a blonde moment' and Julia being told 'she is one' could easily be on the same level as far as verbal retaliation.

•  

Elis

If you look at James Marster's hair when he played Spike in Buffy that was platinum blond because it had slight yellow undertones. Whereas white is well white ::)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: DawnOday on January 12, 2018, 11:16:38 AM
Would you like to be referred to as a guy? Why do you think your brother would want to be referred to as blonde? A known derogatory term meaning dumb. I know lots of brilliant blond people. As I know brilliant blacks, brilliant women, I've learned of brilliant Trans people. I know dumb people with black or brown hair. I also know a few immature white haired people. You of all people, should know the hurt that words can insite. You are old enough to grow up and realize words have consequences. Just witness our current Chief Executive. Sorry if I seem harsh, but not everything is lol. You are better than that.

I love my brother dearly and I would never say anything that would really hurt him. We exchange insults but we don't mean it. I call him a dumb blonde and he tells me that I'm so ugly he could dip my face in batter and make ugly cookies. But we don't ever mean it. He knows I don't really think he's dumb. He's just never liked his blonde hair and he has me dye it light brown even though I've told him people pay me a lot of money to make their hair his natural color. I'm sorry if me calling him a dumb blonde seemed mean. My brother and I would never say things to each other that were meant to be hurtful. But I can see how it would seem that way to you. My dad is always telling us it's like we both reverted to three year Olds and asks us can't we ever be serious about anything. Then he says " you're both equally dumb kids so knock it off".
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

DawnOday

My brother and I fought all the time. He was also my best friend. He had a habit of calling me a fag. I am not. I called him a squirrel. We even tried to ditch him. But beyond that I was his biggest supporter. When he pitched in the Babe Ruth Championship game where he threw out his arm. There was no bigger supporter or more concerned family member. If the surgeries available today were available back then. Think Tommy John surgery. He may have had a professional career. I know what seems like playing around, if said often enough, no longer seems like playing around. It's a part of growing up. We all go through it. I was not trying to rag on you as I know what's in your heart. I would be proud to have a little sister like you.
Dawn Oday

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: DawnOday on January 12, 2018, 12:50:12 PM
My brother and I fought all the time. He was also my best friend. He had a habit of calling me a fag. I am not. I called him a squirrel. We even tried to ditch him. But beyond that I was his biggest supporter. When he pitched in the Babe Ruth Championship game where he threw out his arm. There was no bigger supporter or more concerned family member. If the surgeries available today were available back then. Think Tommy John surgery. He may have had a professional career. I know what seems like playing around, if said often enough, no longer seems like playing around. It's a part of growing up. We all go through it. I was not trying to rag on you as I know what's in your heart. I would be proud to have a little sister like you.

I know you weren't trying to rag on me. And I do understand my sense of humor is on the weird side. I've learned to be careful what I say to people who don't know my sense of humor. Once one of my brother's friends was strutting around, pointing out that he was more muscular than one of the other guys, etc. Then he said " it's a crime to look this good". I told him it was a crime alright, ugliness in the first degree with malicious intent to cause blindness. He really got his feelings hurt! I had to spend like 10 minutes reassuring him I was only joking. He's an extremely handsome guy so I figured he had to know that. But he still got his feelings hurt by my comment. Since that happened I'm very careful what I say to people who don't know me really well. I never intend to actually hurt anyone but interpretation is different for everyone. So I'm careful now.

My brother never called me fag, homo or anything like that. He would just say " you can be so weird sometimes". He called me weirdo and Smurf but he still does even now. I never got offended by either one.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Jin

Julia,
It is always fun to tease your siblings! Just remember that it is a two-way street.
Blonde is blonde, white is white. Platinum is very light blonde, strawberry is reddish blonde.
We all know that hair color is not really linked to intelligence any more that gender is.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jin on January 12, 2018, 01:30:21 PM
Julia,
It is always fun to tease your siblings! Just remember that it is a two-way street.
Blonde is blonde, white is white. Platinum is very light blonde, strawberry is reddish blonde.
We all know that hair color is not really linked to intelligence any more that gender is.

except for white ...  ;D ::)

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Jin on January 12, 2018, 01:30:21 PM
Julia,

Oh believe me I know it's a two way street! I love my brother but he can be the most obnoxious and annoying person on the planet! He always has and still does dearly love to tease me and mess with me. Nothing really mean or hurtful just EXTREMELY annoying! Unfortunately when I was around 10-11 years old he stopped buying my fake crying. So since then I've had to deal with extra obnoxious Tyler.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

DawnOday

I am as sarcastic as they come but I learned the hard way. In my typical (for the time) fashion I thought I was funny. In a meeting at work my boss had said he had an accident on the way to work. Keep in mind we had worked together about five years at the time. Mr. Nakamura had a good sense of humor so I let out with my usual stupidity. I told him the reason he had a wreck was because Orientals don't have peripheral vision. That was wrong on so many levels. Luckily after profusely apologizing I kept my job for another 15 years. Whew.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Sephirah

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 12, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
I love my brother but he can be the most obnoxious and annoying person on the planet! He always has and still does dearly love to tease me and mess with me. Nothing really mean or hurtful just EXTREMELY annoying!

That's brothers for you. My youngest brother... when we were kids, he knew I was terrified of storms, and lightning. So every time there was a storm, he would wait until there was a flash of light and a huge crash of thunder, then run into my room wearing this godawful Halloween mask and scream "I'm going to kill you!!!"

Never failed to freak me out and have me a whimpering, crying mess, lol.

But all the stuff you do to each other... you have a bond. One time, my brother decided to swim in a lake we were at and realised either a) he couldn't swim as well as he thought he could, or b) he should have taken his shoes off first. So, upon seeing him obviously in trouble, I went in after him and dragged him back to shore. He almost drowned both of us twice. But... yeah... for everything you do to each other, deep down you know if anything happened to either of you, you'd have each others' back.

At least that's the theory. Kinda wish he hadn't died. Sorry for derailing your thread, it just brought up a few memories. :)
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: Sephirah on January 12, 2018, 02:35:43 PM
That's brothers for you. My youngest brother... when we were kids, he knew I was terrified of storms, and lightning. So every time there was a storm, he would wait until there was a flash of light and a huge crash of thunder, then run into my room wearing this godawful Halloween mask and scream "I'm going to kill you!!!"

Never failed to freak me out and have me a whimpering, crying mess, lol.

But all the stuff you do to each other... you have a bond. One time, my brother decided to swim in a lake we were at and realised either a) he couldn't swim as well as he thought he could, or b) he should have taken his shoes off first. So, upon seeing him obviously in trouble, I went in after him and dragged him back to shore. He almost drowned both of us twice. But... yeah... for everything you do to each other, deep down you know if anything happened to either of you, you'd have each others' back.

At least that's the theory. Kinda wish he hadn't died. Sorry for derailing your thread, it just brought up a few memories. :)

You didn't derail the thread. I'm very sorry about your brother. The thing with the mask sounds like something my brother would do. He loves to play practical jokes on me. The best/worst one was when I was 14. I was sitting at the table doing homework. He had a pair of scissors in his hand and he came up behind me and picked up a piece of my hair. He said he was bored so he was going to cut my hair. I was like yeah, sure, good luck with that. He snapped the scissors behind me and I wasn't impressed. I asked him if I was supposed to believe he had cut my hair. He said judge for myself and dropped a big chunk of my hair on the table in front of me. I totally freaked out and ran to the bathroom and looked at my hair. I didn't see any of it missing so I went running to my dad and had him look at the back the whole time crying and babbling that Tyler had cut my hair. He said my hair was all there and none had been cut. Tyler told him it was just a joke and he hadn't really cut my hair. What he had done was collect my hair from my hairbrushes and thrown that in front of me. I didn't speak to him for a couple of days after that but looking back thinking of the time it took him to collect and smooth enough of my hair from hairbrushes to make a pretty good chunk I have to say it was an awesome practical joke very well done. My dad yelled at him for doing that and Tyler said he didn't think I would freak out so bad. My dad reminded him that my hair had just grown back after some boys had sprayed liquid plastic all over my hair and he couldn't get it out so he had had to shave it all off 2 years earlier.  Tyler hadn't thought about that and to say he felt bad was an understatement.  That was revenge enough for me.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Sephirah

I think you and your brother are going to be okay, sweetie. He sounds like a good person. You both do.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Laurie

Okay Julia,

I want to see this white hair of yours. Where are the pictures?  Isn't it about time we see you?

When I come to visit you I may have to take my wig off so we can compare the colors. I think my hair is pretty white, but it might be that platinum blonde too.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

jaybutterfly

•  

Faith

What a totally awesome funny typical guy joke to pull. Lack of considering the emotional fallout is very much in line with that style of humor.

I never got into practical jokes. I absolutely abhor having them pulled on me so I never did any.

Quote from: Julia1996 on January 12, 2018, 03:50:05 PM
You didn't derail the thread. I'm very sorry about your brother. The thing with the mask sounds like something my brother would do. He loves to play practical jokes on me. The best/worst one was when I was 14. I was sitting at the table doing homework. He had a pair of scissors in his hand and he came up behind me and picked up a piece of my hair. He said he was bored so he was going to cut my hair. I was like yeah, sure, good luck with that. He snapped the scissors behind me and I wasn't impressed. I asked him if I was supposed to believe he had cut my hair. He said judge for myself and dropped a big chunk of my hair on the table in front of me. I totally freaked out and ran to the bathroom and looked at my hair. I didn't see any of it missing so I went running to my dad and had him look at the back the whole time crying and babbling that Tyler had cut my hair. He said my hair was all there and none had been cut. Tyler told him it was just a joke and he hadn't really cut my hair. What he had done was collect my hair from my hairbrushes and thrown that in front of me. I didn't speak to him for a couple of days after that but looking back thinking of the time it took him to collect and smooth enough of my hair from hairbrushes to make a pretty good chunk I have to say it was an awesome practical joke very well done. My dad yelled at him for doing that and Tyler said he didn't think I would freak out so bad. My dad reminded him that my hair had just grown back after some boys had sprayed liquid plastic all over my hair and he couldn't get it out so he had had to shave it all off 2 years earlier.  Tyler hadn't thought about that and to say he felt bad was an understatement.  That was revenge enough for me.

•