Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Phobias?

Started by V M, January 19, 2018, 06:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

I've never thought of it as a phobia but I hate crowds and high density areas like very populous cities. I will avoid them if possible but they usually will not stop me if I have what I consider a good reason to be there. For instance, on my road trip to visit Maybebaby and Georgette I had to be in the DC area. Just going into it made me anxious. I could not visit Maybebaby that day and it caused me to remain in the area overnight in a crowded rest area. I din;t even get out of my pickup. In the morning I went back to the area where she lived and killed time eating and going into costco to buy something. In the late morning I visited with her and after drove across the bridge to the area where Georgette lives and tried to contact her for a visit that afternoon. By the time we were able to talk  we could not arrange the meet for whatever reason that day and by that time I had to get out of that area. I had had more than enough time there for my comfort and could not take spending anymore time there. I had to leave, had to. Icouldn't wait to get out of there and into more wide open spaces.
  Any bigger city has that effect on me. I can be in a crowd but hate waiting inline to get in or out and the traffic leaving bothers me so I avoid going to events were there will be a crowd. Traffic on a highway during rush hour doesn't really bother me but again I will avoid it if I can.
  So I don't know if I have a phobia or not.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Devlyn

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 21, 2018, 01:55:55 PM
How many have Nomophobia?   [emoji23]
I'm OK... just as long as there is Wi-Fi [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

I can safely say I have a fear of getting the 'flu too. The real 'flu, not the Man 'Flu.

I had it once in 2001 and it damn near killed me. Or felt like it did.

I'd rather have my legs broken than have that again. It was the most painful, debilitating thing I've ever experienced. Pain in every bone, feeling like you can barely climb some stairs without having to sit down and heave. Just touching your own skin hurts. You feel like you want to die so it can be over.

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Sephirah

Quote from: Laurie on January 21, 2018, 01:51:09 PM
I've never thought of it as a phobia but I hate crowds and high density areas like very populous cities. I will avoid them if possible but they usually will not stop me if I have what I consider a good reason to be there. For instance, on my road trip to visit Maybebaby and Georgette I had to be in the DC area. Just going into it made me anxious. I could not visit Maybebaby that day and it caused me to remain in the area overnight in a crowded rest area. I din;t even get out of my pickup. In the morning I went back to the area where she lived and killed time eating and going into costco to buy something. In the late morning I visited with her and after drove across the bridge to the area where Georgette lives and tried to contact her for a visit that afternoon. By the time we were able to talk  we could not arrange the meet for whatever reason that day and by that time I had to get out of that area. I had had more than enough time there for my comfort and could not take spending anymore time there. I had to leave, had to. Icouldn't wait to get out of there and into more wide open spaces.
  Any bigger city has that effect on me. I can be in a crowd but hate waiting inline to get in or out and the traffic leaving bothers me so I avoid going to events were there will be a crowd. Traffic on a highway during rush hour doesn't really bother me but again I will avoid it if I can.
  So I don't know if I have a phobia or not.

Hugs,
   Laurie

I'm exactly the same, Laurie. I hate big cities and crowds of people. It makes me feel extremely anxious and almost like an oppressive weight is bearing down on me.
Natura nihil frustra facit.
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Sephirah on January 21, 2018, 06:36:44 PM
I'm exactly the same, Laurie. I hate big cities and crowds of people. It makes me feel extremely anxious and almost like an oppressive weight is bearing down on me.

Sephirah,

It seems we keep finding things that we in common. I don't mind that one bit either. Though some of those are sad, I am still glad we have them in common.

Big Hug,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

stmoraza

I have death phobia of pine trees, which is extremely rare among people. I have never met anyone in real life who shares such experience. Even when I search on the internet I could only find very few results. It is somehow saddening for me that many see my phobia as "truly ridiculous" or "truly while seeing other more popular phobia such as fear of height or fear or bugs as more reasonable than mine.

However, I find it interesting that I have no phobia that is common among people. Most people around me report they feel disgusted by the sound of nails scraping blackboards (or others that sound similar). I am totally fine with this, though.
  •  

Lady Lisandra

I have aracnophobia. Very common. The problem is, I also love spiders! They're so beautiful, I love watching them. I can't kill them because I also respect bug's lives, and they eat other pbnoxious insects. I love the bulky spiders with hair, I can stand most of them, but I hate the long legged spiders, those really trigger my phobia.

I also have another phobia that is common. In children... Yes, I have some degree of fear of the dark.
- Lis -
  •  

Deborah

I love being out in the dark.

I've got feeble phobia and go to great lengths to avoid ever getting feeble.  It comes from taking care of my mother for two years in her deathbed, unable to even turn over and dependent on somebody else (me) for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Kylo

Quote from: Lady Lisandra on January 23, 2018, 04:55:33 PM
I have aracnophobia. Very common. The problem is, I also love spiders! They're so beautiful, I love watching them. I can't kill them because I also respect bug's lives, and they eat other pbnoxious insects. I love the bulky spiders with hair, I can stand most of them, but I hate the long legged spiders, those really trigger my phobia.

I also have another phobia that is common. In children... Yes, I have some degree of fear of the dark.

I don't think of myself as having arachnophobia at all, I used to have a tarantula as a pet, and I used to catch and get rid of spiders for other people who couldn't bear to touch them... but you can bet if I'm down in a cellar somewhere and a many-legged lifeform happens to drop onto my head or body, I'm going to have a visceral and unmanly reaction for a second or two. . .
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •