Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Phobias?

Started by V M, January 19, 2018, 06:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

I have a few phobias, mostly PTSD type stuff related to past traumatic experiences

Claustrophobia - The fear of confined spaces

Amaxophobia - The fear of riding in a vehicle

Agoraphobia - The fear of public places

I've learned to deal with most of it fairly well but it is there and does cause me stress from time to time

Anyone else dealing with some sort of phobia?
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Christy Lee

This is hard for me to post (is that a phobia tooo?)

I have Claustrophobia (this is usually linked with Enochlophobia, in my case IMO)

Agorophobia - kind of, the more depressed i get, the less i want to go out and be in a public place

Slight Ombrophobia - Fear of Rain (or going out in the wet, tripping etc)

Slight Enochlophobia - Fear of Crowds (being misgendered, ie laughed at? judged poorly?)

i have dealt with Amaxophobia before myself but sort offf... managed to overcome it

Maybe
SAD  - Sexual Aversion Disorder
Social Anxiety, at times ive often wondered, thought i had it

Undiagnosed mostly, tho i have been treated for Agoraphobia but i idk sometimes it didnt always feel right .... but then sometimes it does.... its kind of weird

I think i got the phobias right

IM a freak  LOL
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Faith

This is nothing official, just my own interpretation. Aside from typical fear of being in the public ear (stage fright, public speaking, etc).

I have a distinct fear of people knowing/seeing the real me.

If I goof off, joke, do oddball stuff. Peoples opinions are based on that and I know why and I'm OK
If I am myself and peoples opinions are, shall we say, less than desired, I cave in on myself.

My acceptance of self and current transition is helping soo much with that fear. You simply cannot 'come out' and hold on to that fear. You have to confront it. It is still keeping me from announcing to a lot of friends and siblings. I'm getting there.

I hope y'all get the chance to face your fears and move on from them.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Julia1996

I have a phobia of having my picture taken. I also have a big phobia of roaches! My brother has had a lot of fun with that one.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

V M

Part of the reason I posted is that I have an appointment in a few hours and my therapist will want to discuss some of this stuff as it relates to my PTSD

I also have a phobia with having my picture taken

SAD and Social anxiety would probably also apply as well

Having or developing a phobia is part of being human, not seeking help or finding a way to cope will keep you locked up in your shell and cheat you of enjoying life
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: V M on January 19, 2018, 07:19:09 AM
Part of the reason I posted is that I have an appointment in a few hours and my therapist will want to discuss some of this stuff as it relates to my PTSD

I also have a phobia with having my picture taken

SAD and Social anxiety would probably also apply as well

Having or developing a phobia is part of being human, not seeking help or finding a way to cope will keep you locked up in your shell and cheat you of enjoying life

I have social anxiety too but it's not severe like it once was. Right after I transitioned I didn't want to go out in public at all. But my dad made me go with him to the mall and we would spend 20-30 minutes just walking around. He also made me go with him on weekends when he ran errands. It did help actually.  I still really hate large crowds but I can function in them when I need to.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Christy Lee

I have this thing with spiders too, its not necessarily fear, at first it is but then i can kill it just no problem, if i dont kill it and it could still be around somewhere, it sort of does become a phobia

A new one

Metathesobia LOL, but seriously i think it applys to me sometimes

Metathesiophobia comes from Greek 'meta' meaning change and phobos meaning fear. This specific phobia can reduce one's will to live; Metathesiophobes often feel that they have no control over their lives owing to constant changes.
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

Jessica

I have an unrational fear of hypodermic needles and a healthy fear of heights.  I can't even watch a shot given on tv, this makes it an event at my blood testing.  I've worked many years in the commercial construction field and can stand next to the edge of a 30 story building...... as long as the safety cable is up.  Take that cable down I can't get within 20 feet of it at any height.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

HappyMoni

I have a weird fear. I have a fear of jewelry. Most of it anyway.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Kylo

Crowds, flying and operating tables.

None of which are all that irrational to be afraid of. . .

To a certain degree heights as well. But like with flying and with operating tables, my fear of heights depends on how much control I have in the situation. It's the lack of control that bothers me. If I'm climbing something myself, I'm fine. If I'm trapped somewhere high, like at 35,000 ft. in a flying tin can, not so great.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •  

Lady Sarah

I can not stand crowds. The fear of injury from falling from a high place is a big one for me. Ever since my last flu shot, add that fear too. I got violently ill.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Lady Sarah on January 19, 2018, 06:11:16 PM
I can not stand crowds. The fear of injury from falling from a high place is a big one for me. Ever since my last flu shot, add that fear too. I got violently I'll.

I refuse the flu shots. I have no interest in finding out that I have an allergy to something (or combination of things) that they used to make it. I get colds, I am at an extremely low risk factor for the flu. No thanks on the shots.

that is likely what happened to you, allergic reaction to one of the ingredients that they used.

•  

Devlyn

Spiders. They give me the heebie jeebies.
  •  

Faith

Quoteheebie jeebies

Little Bits And Pieces  By: Jim Stafford

QuoteWhy'd you have to hit the whiskey, when the party ran out of beer?
And it hands your mind the picture that gives you the shiverin' heebie-jeebies; LOOK OUT! Here comes the night before in little bits and pieces

I hadn't heard that song in forever, you brought it out of my dusty cob-webbed brain.

•  

Devlyn

Dusting off cob-webbed brains, just another service I offer.  :laugh:

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Roll

I was a diagnosed Agoraphobic, but that's a bit of a misnomer in my opinion. Basically just a way to get a DSM entry to being a shut-in.

Caulrophobic, but who isn't?
Pediophobic (dolls, specifically porcelain dolls)

Another big one for me is a weird one I didn't even know was a thing for a long time: Telephobic. I hate speaking on the phone, I mean hate it. It sets off my anxiety like almost nothing else, and when I'm on the phone I stutter and stumble over my words, can barely pull together a coherent thought. And above all else, just plain awkward. Even with family and friends.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

natalie.ashlyne

mine is spiders and bugs they creep me out
  •  

Christy Lee

Quote from: Roll on January 19, 2018, 11:50:44 PM
I was a diagnosed Agoraphobic, but that's a bit of a misnomer in my opinion. Basically just a way to get a DSM entry to being a shut-in.

Caulrophobic, but who isn't?
Pediophobic (dolls, specifically porcelain dolls)

Another big one for me is a weird one I didn't even know was a thing for a long time: Telephobic. I hate speaking on the phone, I mean hate it. It sets off my anxiety like almost nothing else, and when I'm on the phone I stutter and stumble over my words, can barely pull together a coherent thought. And above all else, just plain awkward. Even with family and friends.

CLOWNS  >:-)
Whose that girll?
ITS CHRISTY

02/05/2018
Started Therapy
  •  

plastic-mayhem

I am afraid of the human race at large, the whole of it and the implications of the damage it can cause the planet
  •  

Sno

Personally I have a dislike of needles (ironic), and of dentists.... my thinking was that it was a phobia - turns out to be ptsd, and the act of visiting retraumatises me (as well as a boat load of triggers, and fallout that lasts for months)... thanks to my therapist, we have reached a conclusion on this part, next steps are working out treatment plans..

Slowly getting to a better place, step by step

Rowan
  •