Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Orchiectomy with Dr. Arnkoff done.

Started by iamthatiam8, January 14, 2018, 02:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamthatiam8

I had my orchiectomy early this morning. And im so happy and in pain. Dr. Arnkoff is so aswome he has a new clinic with a beautiful design. He is a regular urologist who helps trans people, i relly recommend him his just aswome. I ok now for the surgery part; i won't lie even do i was numb in most area it hurt, hurt in a strange way sence your outside area is numb once they get inside to the spermatic cord >-bleeped-< gets real specially if you have a sensitive body. You will feel sometjing sence your awake but let not your body dwell on its own let your brain and heart guide you, get strong use your will remember why your there. Its a mental war your body its begging you to stop but yiu have to take control. Because of my sensitive body the minute they cut the first ball my body went into shut down mode, meaning i was passing out but i infuse it with my will and took it away and immediately became conscious. And even after that horror seen a couple minutes after the second ball was cut i started crying like crazy. It was like instinctively my body knew that a wrong had been fixed. Up untill that day i consider transexualism a mental disorder but as i saw my body crying it felt so real like i had hope that i could actually be happy one day it was such a  spiritual experience even do i was in pain. I did travel alone which i am used to(the doctors are there for you so communicate with them). But I'm happy i travel alone i don't think i would want my gamily seeing me on the table as my body twisted, turned and contracted from the pain. I go back tomorrow at 8 am. Lets see what else people in detroit are crazy drivers even with ice on the streets they somehow want you to drive at 50 mph which is infuriating. If you have any questions or want a picture let me know I'll continue to update a will start a new update thread in 3 months.
I have traveled through madness to find me.
                                               -Danny Alexander
No matter what darkness has covered over my light i am a descendent of an ape, what can possibly stop me.
                                                                           -ME
  •  

iamthatiam8

Huh. Now i know how real this is. Wow.  The pain fir me doesn't feel like you got kicked it just feels like your balls got cut and the spermatic cord got cut and pulled wich is what happend. There is a bit of bleeding, doctors gave a some gauze pad( which is what i recommend you buy not the female pads). I think the incision is not vaginoplasty friendly sense theres two one on each side but i didn't care about it I'll worry about that in the future but definitely tell the surgeon what you want. What esle. Dr. Arnkoff recommended i stay in a holiday inn express which is expensive( like 169) but its like a block away from the clinic and offered to drive me to the center and back. Like a said the center is a regular clinic but he works on trans people when its closed, you sign a release form all commend things but its all illegitimate. I know how scary it could be trusting a stranger. Don't be concern if he uses male pronouns he really does understand the transexual issue and his nurse to but ofcourse i have no issue with male pronouns so let him know and i still look androgynous and use my "male voice" so that could have played into it. The antibiotic and painkillers was like $91 without insurance in the local walgreens. Car rental was like 37 plus 12 for a gps(which was a life saver my phone was being a bitch, it kept saying i was still in new mexico)
                                               -Danny Alexander
No matter what darkness has covered over my light i am a descendent of an ape, what can possibly stop me.
                                                                           -ME
  •  

Devlyn

Big hug! Welcome to the no-testicles club! I'm really happy for you, and  I'm impressed that you did it under local anesthesia. Speedy healing!

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

iamthatiam8

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 14, 2018, 03:21:35 PM
Big hug! Welcome to the no-testicles club! I'm really happy for you, and  I'm impressed that you did it under local anesthesia. Speedy healing!

Hugs, Devlyn
thank you. Yeah i wasn't sure what i was getting myself into but i discover how strong i could be and would gladly face it again.
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •  

Shambles

Do they show them too you after its done? In my head theres someone asking would you like me to put them in a jar for you like a doggy bag but im sure thats not the case!
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

iamthatiam8

It is possible. When i stood up from the operating table they were cleaning and i saw them on the small tool table. I didnt really wanted to look at them but they were there in all the former glory.
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •  

iamthatiam8

Quote from: Shambles on January 16, 2018, 05:27:10 AM
Do they show them too you after its done? In my head theres someone asking would you like me to put them in a jar for you like a doggy bag but im sure thats not the case!
yeah you can take them with you.
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •  

Shambles

I knew it! I thought i was making that up
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

BeverlyAnn

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 14, 2018, 03:21:35 PM

Hugs, Devlyn

Dev, I understand Dr. Arnkoff only does local since he does them on the weekend at his clinic.  I sometimes think I would have wanted to be awake during mine and other times I'm glad mine was under general.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

iamthatiam8

Quote from: BeverlyAnn on January 17, 2018, 01:25:24 AM
Dev, I understand Dr. Arnkoff only does local since he does them on the weekend at his clinic.  I sometimes think I would have wanted to be awake during mine and other times I'm glad mine was under general.
your right he only does it on the weekend. Yeah general would have been less painful but witnessing my body cry out of joy was a pleasent surprise
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •  

christinej78

Hi iamthatiam8,.

I hope you are all healed and feeling great.

You have done what I want to do; may I be so bold as to ask how much he charges?  I would like to get mine done without doing the AA routine. I have an aversion to drugs, the less the better, and the fact that he only uses local appeals to me. I also have an aversion to GA; maybe one day I'll elaborate in a new thread.

How long is the wait time for an appointment and the procedure?

My reason for asking is I have waited too long (my fault) to start my transition I am where hardly anyone will do an orchiectomy without us jumping through many hoops and large wait times.

Glad to know he allows you to take them home; I have a special place in my souvenir case where I can put them. I'm sure they will make great conversation pieces.

Thank you in advance; best wishes and hope to join the nutless club soon,

Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Donna

Glad it went well for you. I see my urologist at the end of April and hope to have mine gone shortly after that. I'd bring them home but I doubt my wife would tolerate that.
December 2015 noticed strange feelings moving in
December 2016 started to understand what my body has been telling me all my life, started wearing a bra for comfort full time
Spiro and dutastricide 2017
Mid year 2017 Started dressing and going out shopping etc by myself
October T 14.8 / 456
Came out to my wife in December 2017
January 2018 dressing androgenes and still have face hair
Feb 2018 Dressing full time in female clothing out at work and to friends and family, clean shaven and make up
Living full time March 1 2018
March T 7.4 / 236
April 19th eligard injection, no more Testosterone
June 19th a brand new freshly trained HRT and transgender care doctor for me. Only a one day waiting list to become her patient 😍

[/
  •  

iamthatiam8

Hello christine. He charges (in 2018) $3000 wait time is not long usually i had to wait a month and a half because someone cancelled their op other wise i would have had to wait 3 months.
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •  

iamthatiam8

Quote from: christinej78 on March 18, 2018, 05:15:45 AM
Hi iamthatiam8,.

I hope you are all healed and feeling great.

You have done what I want to do; may I be so bold as to ask how much he charges?  I would like to get mine done without doing the AA routine. I have an aversion to drugs, the less the better, and the fact that he only uses local appeals to me. I also have an aversion to GA; maybe one day I'll elaborate in a new thread.

How long is the wait time for an appointment and the procedure?

My reason for asking is I have waited too long (my fault) to start my transition I am where hardly anyone will do an orchiectomy without us jumping through many hoops and large wait times.

Glad to know he allows you to take them home; I have a special place in my souvenir case where I can put them. I'm sure they will make great conversation pieces.

Thank you in advance; best wishes and hope to join the nutless club soon,

Christine
Christine i understand what your feeling. I myself feel i should have had them earlier, the hormones didn't feminize my body as much i would have wanted to feel comfortable. Now i hope with this things gone things will change. I'm not 100 heal but I'm at the poing where everything seems normal unless i pulled it and it hurts a little bit.
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •  

salaniaseviltwin

How long did it take for you to get back to work? Were there any restrictions from you doctor such as weight restrictions or certain amount of standing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

"Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that's the truth in people's minds."   -Steve Young

•  

iamthatiam8

Quote from: salaniaseviltwin on March 20, 2018, 03:44:40 PM
How long did it take for you to get back to work? Were there any restrictions from you doctor such as weight restrictions or certain amount of standing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
hello i took two weeks off and then went back straight to work. My work is taugh and the doctor never mention any restrictions, i notice that dr. Arnkoff tells every one of his patients different things. It was uncomfortable to move about but not to the point where i couldn't move. I had alot of swelling so thats why it was hard to move, but my swelling disappear within a month.
                                               -Danny Alexander
                                                                           -ME
  •