Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi friends 🙋‍♀️  I have always felt that to help someone in pain, you point out positive aspects in their situation instead of flaws.  Flaws are in everyone's life and we all strive to make ourselves better, but they are better dealt with in a environment where you are not distracted by the numbing discord of despair or hurt.  When I find pain in new member comments that are so common, I remind myself, this is a soul reaching out, this was you at one point, you have shed these tears too. 
When you read any comment here, you are listening to someone's life, their soul exposed sometimes.  Treat them as if they were yourself.  You gain life lessons from everyone's life you expose yourself to.  Show them love, then help them heal.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Hi Sis,

I like your post above because what you say is correct. Most of is come here for the support the site offers. I know I did. I got that support and am still getting it from a lot of the people here. It is only right that I work at doing the same. Give the new person a friendly greeting goes a long way for a first impression. I try to read what they say with an eye out for something I can relate to and use that to create a connection with them and let them know that they are not alone in their worries or feeling. Let then know I know what it is like because I've been there too. Those are a few things that let them know they are welcome, not alone, and that there is someone that understands and cares. It goes a long way in supporting them.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

tgirlamg

Does this mean I have to start being ... nice?
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: tgirlamc on January 30, 2018, 01:02:57 AM

Sorry Ashley, but your long past "started"

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Quote from: tgirlamc on January 30, 2018, 01:02:57 AM

No Ashley, we want you to be your usual cantankerous self. We've gotten to love that in you.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

tgirlamg

I will try not to disappoint!!! 😀!!!

A💗
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on January 30, 2018, 01:12:07 AM
No Ashley, we want you to be your usual cantankerous self. We've gotten to love that in you.

Hugs,
  Laurie

I don't understand this?  Why is it that some friends I find most loving have a cranky reputation?  I never see them that way.  Lol

•  

Laurie

Quote from: Jessica on January 30, 2018, 01:34:23 AM
I don't understand this?  Why is it that some friends I find most loving have a cranky reputation?  I never see them that way.  Lol

Oh that's right, you're too new to know my IRL nick name.. Meanrotten old broad in a cowgirl hat. Okay I corrected the gender changes. but you get the idea.

Hugs,
  Big Sis

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on January 30, 2018, 01:39:40 AM
  Oh that's right, you're too new to know my IRL nick name.. Meanrotten old broad in a cowgirl hat. Okay I corrected the gender changes. but you get the idea.

Hugs,
  Big Sis

That is exactly what I'm talking about!  Are you hiding something from me?  I haven't heard JESSICA MARIE in a long time.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Jessica on January 30, 2018, 01:43:23 AM
That is exactly what I'm talking about!  Are you hiding something from me?  I haven't heard JESSICA MARIE in a long time.

Ok sis, you did give me a talking to last night for being a naughty girl.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Jess, it seems I had missed this thread so I decided to drop by and show you my support, which of course you already know you have <3 big hugs for you sister!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on January 30, 2018, 09:34:05 AM
Jess, it seems I had missed this thread so I decided to drop by and show you my support, which of course you already know you have <3 big hugs for you sister!

Love having you here girlfriend.  You have been my closest friend from the start.  Im so glad we found each other.  If it wasn't for you, I may not have made it through the first month.

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Jessica on January 30, 2018, 09:39:54 AM
Love having you here girlfriend.  You have been my closest friend from the start.  Im so glad we found each other.  If it wasn't for you, I may not have made it through the first month.

That's so sweet of you! i'm glad I could help in any way, also happy I met you since you've been a tremendous help as well.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Jessica

So today I had a number of interactions that had me way down, went way back up only to crash down again, with another peak after that.  Every one of my crashes were based on irrational emotions (fear) that escalated out of control.  The peaks were wonderful though.
This happened a few months ago to me also.  Each time it has been during an increase of my estradiol dosage.
So I'm getting the impression that during these times both fear and joy are heightened and I need to remember that.
Sorry to those that got a first hand account of those emotions.

•  

Laurie

Growing pains Girl, growing pains. They come along, you learn and you grow and move on.

Nothing serious.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

tgirlamg

Quote from: Jessica on January 30, 2018, 11:48:17 PM
So I'm getting the impression that during these times both fear and joy are heightened and I need to remember that.

Hey Jessica!!!

I have had some pretty emotional days in the past and occasionally still that enevitably hit when my levels peak 2 days post injection.. Just recognizing it for what it is and knowing it will pass on its own has served me pretty well...

Hugs and Love!!!

A 😀💗🌻

•  

Michelle_P

Jessica, every big bump in our dosages seems to send us on another roller coaster ride through Emotions Park.  Deep breaths, hang on, and the ride will smooth out a bit in a little while. 

And as Ashley notes, even some ways of taking our medicine can affect the ride!

Wheeee!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Thank you 3 wonderfully wise women!

Wheeeee

•  

Jessica

Ok, so I'm out of the pool now and my hair is dry!

Still with FaceApp, but still close.

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Jessica on January 31, 2018, 10:12:59 PM
Ok, so I'm out of the pool now and my hair is dry!
Wow, didn't recognize ya.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •