Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

Dear Jessica:  My heart goes out to you for what you just reported regarding relationship issues with your wife... and it was not too long ago that you had posted about your enjoyable 37th wedding anniversary....  I am so very, very sorry for you that you are going through this.

I guess that the silver lining of this dark cloud that you have found yourself to be under is that she is willing to be supportive of your transition and she has promised to get counseling (hopefully the both of you together at times) and that, at least at this time, she is not planning to leave you.

I really hope, trust and pray that you and her can come to a peaceful co-existence that still exhibits love and deep friendship.

May you come to terms with all of this and get back to your happy self as soon as you can.

Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

Jessica, I am sorry this hasd happened to you.

I went through something similar, but it ended poorly.

Communications is paramount, so please, please keep that open.  I am VERY glad to hear that your spouse will be seeking counseling, as that is important in understanding, clarifying, and processing the transition for both of you.  I am happy to read that she is willing to be supportive, a very good thing.

I know this will be a difficult period to get through, and I do wish you all of the best. 

Michelle
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica

Thank you Danielle and Michelle 🌸🌸🌸 I very much appreciate your support. 

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Mariah

Sorry to hear about that Jessica. I can only hope with help that she will be able to stay in your court. I know my spouse has worried from time to time about my support and like you offered to stop it all to ensure no loss of me, however I told them no please do continue. I have no I doubt that if I can manage that your wife will too. I think in our case we are closer together. I can only hope that in the end it does the same for both of you too. Hang in there. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Laurie

Hi Sis,

That kind of news would certainly throw someone for a loop It is a blow to discover that things were not how you perceived them to be. The hurt is there and trust takes a hit also. The 24 hours very hard on you I am sure. But obviously the two of you have been talking and she does seem to be willing to at least seek some professional help. There is still hope that she will change her mind altogether. If she goes into it with an open mind. It could be worse. The willingness to try something can be all it takes to give it a chance.
  Imagine where I would be had I not been willing to try those anti-depressant pills.... It is spring and I am still here. There is still hope if there is willingness to try. I hope hoping for the best for both of you, Sis.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Charlie Nicki

Jess very sorry for that. I'll text you so we can talk offline.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando Tapatalk

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Bari Jo

Jess, the pain from this news must be awful.  However, I can see communication on this is now truly open, where's before it wasn't.  This can be good news too.  I'm glad she will seek counseling as well.  We are all pulling for you of course.  I know a few married couples that are still together even after transition, so it can be done.  This can still pull you both together tighter than before.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jessica

Thank you @Laurie, @Charlie Nicki and @Bari Jo!  I'm feeling much better since we have talked more in depth and have clarified both our needs.

Hugs, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

Hi friends 🙋‍♀️ I have had my nose in the books, learning a skill that I've had all along, but in a different format.  Digital is easier than hard copy, but finding the route of connections can be a challenge.  As it is, I only learned last week how to create bold and underlined sentences.  This is a far cry from when I was young and communication consisted letters and landline phones, along with 3 television networks in total.
What a change society has made in such a short time. 
Where would we be without it?

Smiles, Jessica

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on April 10, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
Hi friends 🙋‍♀️ I have had my nose in the books, learning a skill that I've had all along, but in a different format.  Digital is easier than hard copy, but finding the route of connections can be a challenge.  As it is, I only learned last week how to create bold and underlined sentences.  This is a far cry from when I was young and communication consisted letters and landline phones, along with 3 television networks in total.
What a change society has made in such a short time. 
Where would we be without it?

Smiles, Jessica

@ Jessica:  I have mixed feelings about "digital" versus "hard copy" 
With Digital is certainly very easy to make corrections, additions and deletions... and as you mentioned you can easily underline, bold, change font face, change font size, change color, etc, etc.... and the spell check is wonderful, it makes me look smart!!

That all is fine and dandy but with that all said, for my personal journal that I have kept since I was a teen (they called them diaries back then)  I prefer using pen and paper... that allows all kinds of doodleing and creative things can end up on the paper.......  I know, I know, that can be done digitally also... but I still like to write my journal with pen and paper... it all ends up in a big book that I can still read even if the power lines go down and my computer battery is dead.

Thanks for posting your Jess's Mess story....
.... it is nice to keep up (all in one place) with what is happening with you.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 10, 2018, 10:12:42 AM
Thanks for posting your Jess's Mess story....
.... it is nice to keep up (all in one place) with what is happening with you.
Hugs,
Danielle

Too many parts of ones story get fragmented when related too many times.  Keeping a dairy keeps it in perspective and relevant to the moment, but gives a way to glance back at previous thoughts.
I glad you see value in it.  And you seem happier for taking the advice.

•  

Cassi

My heart goes out to you in light of recent events and hope all turns out well.  I've been truly amazed when I have read about spouses being supportive and remaining with the person and have always felt that it is probably just as difficult for the significant other to deal with as it is with us.

My thoughts and prayers go with you!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Hi friends 🙋‍♀️ I have a lunch date tomorrow with some wonderful women friends (the badgers are staying home I hope).  So I have, for the first time, shaved my legs.  They had started looking patchy from hair loss.  Now they are smooth!  I believe I will wear a dress tomorrow... another first in public.
Went to the salon with my wife and another girlfriend for mani/pedis and got pretty, pink nail polish on my hands, another first again.

A trifecta!  Jess 💁‍♀️

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on April 10, 2018, 02:56:41 PM
Hi friends 🙋‍♀️ I have a lunch date tomorrow with some wonderful women friends (the badgers are staying home I hope).  So I have, for the first time, shaved my legs.  They had started looking patchy from hair loss.  Now they are smooth!  I believe I will wear a dress tomorrow... another first in public.
Went to the salon with my wife and another girlfriend for mani/pedis and got pretty, pink nail polish on my hands, another first again.

A trifecta!  Jess 💁‍♀️

Jessica:
Yes indeed, a trifecta... especially the part about going to the salon with your wife of 37 years....  I am so very, very happy to hear that.

Hopefully soon, with more HRT your leg hair and most body hair just might start getting so thin that you won't have to shave very often... or at all.  I have not had to shave my leg hair for almost 2 years now and they are still as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Ya know, we are going to have to see a picture of you in your dress... and we want to see your pretty nails also.
Your readers here are curious and want to know!!!! 
We are rooting for you!!! ;)

Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 10, 2018, 03:18:09 PM
Jessica:
Yes indeed, a trifecta... especially the part about going to the salon with your wife of 37 years....  I am so very, very happy to hear that.

Hopefully soon, with more HRT your leg hair and most body hair just might start getting so thin that you won't have to shave very often... or at all.  I have not had to shave my leg hair for almost 2 years now and they are still as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Ya know, we are going to have to see a picture of you in your dress... and we want to see your pretty nails also.
Your readers here are curious and want to know!!!! 
We are rooting for you!!! ;)

Hugs,
Danielle

How do I look girlfriend?

https://imgur.com/a/L7vm6

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on April 10, 2018, 05:20:53 PM
How do I look girlfriend?

Jessica,
I looked at your picture,
.... and you may have not followed my instructions completely for posting...
.... re: Step #6 and Step #7
I will help you if you wish!!

By the way.... you look absolutely wonderful... have fun with your lunch date.... and keep us updated.
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on April 10, 2018, 05:33:25 PM

Jessica,
I looked at your picture,
.... and you may have not follow my instructions completely for posting....   I will help you if you wish!!

By the way.... you look absolutely wonderful... have fun with your lunch date.... and keep us updated.
Danielle

My iPhone doesn't allow all the commands you suggested. 
Have to get out the big guns

•  

Northern Star Girl

Jessica:  I posted it for you, next time it would be better if you used your desktop or laptop.

left click on photo to enlarge.....

Again, you look great, your dress, your hair and your shiny nails...  I enjoyed seeing you all dressed up.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

laptop did it

lots of firsts today

•  

Mariah

Lovely picture Jessica. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •