Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi friends, I'm relaxing after a day of fun and merriment from racing in the longest running foot race in America...Bay to Breakers!  It had a few hiccups in the beginning when my other mermaids and I realized even though we all put down the same pace of 9 minutes per mile several weren't in the same queue.  They weren't letting anyone dropped back so we could start together.  Sorted it out after we all passed the start line and ran together then.  Very cold wind in the morning, but only where the cross streets were, once you got to the hills, it was blocked.  Fishscale tights don't keep you very warm, but move the legs enough and presto.
This year they added an extra 3k to the course that you could opt to do for more bling and beer.  We mermaids became founding members of that section, as we ran down the beach next to the Great Highway.  Beautiful!  This added bit made for a clean 15k.
I'm still waiting for some of the pics that were taken, I'll post them when I get them.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Were you the littlest mermaid?  It does sound like it was a fun day for you and the other girls. It would have killed me. huff puff huff puff  Someone just put me out of my misery.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on May 20, 2018, 08:25:07 PM
  Were you the littlest mermaid?  It does sound like it was a fun day for you and the other girls. It would have killed me. huff puff huff puff  Someone just put me out of my misery.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Mistress Michelle will make sure you only feel the misery of being guarded by her Honey Badgers!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica on May 20, 2018, 07:41:14 PM
Hi friends, I'm relaxing after a day of fun and merriment from racing in the longest running foot race in America...Bay to Breakers!  It had a few hiccups in the beginning when my other mermaids and I realized even though we all put down the same pace of 9 minutes per mile several weren't in the same queue.  They weren't letting anyone dropped back so we could start together.  Sorted it out after we all passed the start line and ran together then.  Very cold wind in the morning, but only where the cross streets were, once you got to the hills, it was blocked.  Fishscale tights don't keep you very warm, but move the legs enough and presto.
This year they added an extra 3k to the course that you could opt to do for more bling and beer.  We mermaids became founding members of that section, as we ran down the beach next to the Great Highway.  Beautiful!  This added bit made for a clean 15k.
I'm still waiting for some of the pics that were taken, I'll post them when I get them.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

Oh Dear this makes me tired just reading it...congratulations to you and the other mermaids for completing the course!!
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

So friends, after I had read this morning that your medications should be known to your dentist, I resolved to mention them to my hygienist who I had an appointment with earlier.
It was a bit awkward, with the open office the way it is, and thought maybe I'll just talk to my dentist directly about it in private.  She was busy with another patient, so I got her personal email from the receptionist.  They all know me and bent the rules when I said it was personal, but not bad.
I explained in the email the medications and why I was taking them.  I told them what to expect with my transition.
I have to also preface to you that I have been with this office for a couple of decades and know the entire staff.
I got an email quickly back with her thanking me for trusting them and it was important to know this information.  She also asked if I had any saliva issues, which I do.  So we will be checking that out.  She asked me what I would like to be called and they all support me.

This to me is a big step in my journey.  This is the largest group of people that know me personally that I have confided in.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

Kendra

Congratulations!  You absolutely did the right thing.  Dentists are doctors and need to know about all medications we are on.  Last year when I told mine he was momentarily shocked and then quite excited.  I told him it's fine if the entire office knows, no big deal.  A few months later I updated my legal name, dropped by to let them know.  They are looking forward to my next routine visit after a few surgeries. 

Dentists are in a competitive field.  They know darn well many people fear having their teeth poked, prodded and occasionally filled, so they never want to lose good reliable patients.  You're a patient and you are a customer.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Laurie

Congrats Sis. Glad  it went over well.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Jessica on May 24, 2018, 07:17:13 PM
So friends, after I had read this morning that your medications should be known to your dentist, I resolved to mention them to my hygienist who I had an appointment with earlier.
It was a bit awkward, with the open office the way it is, and thought maybe I'll just talk to my dentist directly about it in private.  She was busy with another patient, so I got her personal email from the receptionist.  They all know me and bent the rules when I said it was personal, but not bad.
I explained in the email the medications and why I was taking them.  I told them what to expect with my transition.
I have to also preface to you that I have been with this office for a couple of decades and know the entire staff.
I got an email quickly back with her thanking me for trusting them and it was important to know this information.  She also asked if I had any saliva issues, which I do.  So we will be checking that out.  She asked me what I would like to be called and they all support me.

This to me is a big step in my journey.  This is the largest group of people that know me personally that I have confided in.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

That's very nice to hear Jess!
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on May 24, 2018, 07:17:13 PM

Hugs and smiles, Jess

Dear Jess:

Oh yeah, for sure, with Doctors and Dentists...it is especially important to declare all of the medications being taken...   There are just so very many drug interactions that are possible and so medications affect blod clotting and bleeding too.   
It is very affirming also when they start addressing you by your female name as well.

***ONE QUESTION for you........  how did your teeth cleaning go with your Dental Hygienist???   
I only ask because you know what a happened with me when I had my appointment with mine.  ;)   ::)

Thanks for keeping your thread updated!! 
Looking for your updates and keeping up with your journey is my daily ritual along with my morning coffee !!!!

"Hugs and smiles" also for you,
Danielle 
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Well....on my last visit I presented male, my hygienist only found out after my email to my dentist who was busy when I was there.  We are familiar with each other's lives, she has a fiancé and I'm married.  So we may become closer because of this, but not as close as your hygienist and yourself.

Thank you Danielle for the question 🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hugs and smiles, Jess 💁‍♀️

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on May 25, 2018, 09:18:56 AM

Dear Jess:

Oh yeah, for sure, with Doctors and Dentists...it is especially important to declare all of the medications being taken...   There are just so very many drug interactions that are possible and so medications affect blod clotting and bleeding too.   
It is very affirming also when they start addressing you by your female name as well.

***ONE QUESTION for you........  how did your teeth cleaning go with your Dental Hygienist???   
I only ask because you know what a happened with me when I had my appointment with mine.  ;)   ::)

Thanks for keeping your thread updated!! 
Looking for your updates and keeping up with your journey is my daily ritual along with my morning coffee !!!!

"Hugs and smiles" also for you,
Danielle 

•  

Jessica

My wife and I are renovating our large backyard....lots of work.
At this moment the landscaping has started and there is a crew of Hispanic workers.  Little do they know I understand enough Spanish to get by.  I heard one say to the other that I look like a
mujer (woman).
I was not trying to present at all, entirely in guy mode, save for long hair, hairless legs, bigger butt and boobs.

Made me smile, Jess

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on May 31, 2018, 02:02:54 PM
My wife and I are renovating our large backyard....lots of work.
At this moment the landscaping has started and there is a crew of Hispanic workers.  Little do they know I understand enough Spanish to get by.  I heard one say to the other that I look like a
mujeres (woman).
I was not trying to present at all, entirely in guy mode, save for long hair, hairless legs, bigger butt and boobs.

Made me smile, Jess

Jessica .... yes indeed that should be quite affirming to you....
As more and more Spanish is spoken in the USA (and especially in California and other border states) your landscaping crew needs to be more careful when around Gringos.... especially Gringos that they are working for. ;)

I know quite a bit of French and "some" German but not well enough to hold big and long complicated conversations.
In my previous job I had frequent business trips to Montreal, Quebec and a few other predominately french speaking cities and areas in eastern Canada....   and sometimes when the business people I found myself dealing with would converse among themselves in French, I did not let on that I understood what they were saying to each other....    sometimes that was a big advantage to me and my company and possible business dealings.   They would say the darnedest things because they didn't think that the American in their presence could understand French.

Thanks for posting your update.... and yes, you should have smiled to yourself as you did.  :)
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Hi friends, I've been getting my wardrobe together for this coming 4 day weekend.  It's the first time I've traveled as a woman, so I pray I've thought of items that I never had before.
This is what I've packed so far.  It fills a carry-on size case. (I now understand my wife's frustration when we travelled through Europe with only a carry-on and a daypack apiece.)

2 cute flared style dresses, one red the other floral
1 skirt
2 Capri style pants
2 GV Amanda pants
1 shorts
6 tops
6 panties
6 socks
4 pairs of shoes
Exercise clothes
2 sweaters and a jacket

Anything I missed?

Make up and such included.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

Laurie

But you told me days ago you were all ready to go.... hmmm. I haven't done anything to get ready yet.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on June 03, 2018, 01:11:47 AM
But you told me days ago you were all ready to go.... hmmm. I haven't done anything to get ready yet.

Hugs,
  Laurie

A girl can change her mind anytime she wants to. 
And sis ....any advice is loved.

•  

Jessica

Hi friends, I am sitting in Laurie's home having a wonderful time talking with her sister.  Michelle and I arrived last night after an enjoyable ride together.  We all had a nice Skype video chat with @ElizabethK, it late for us, but not for her.
Laurie, Michelle and I will be heading to @Tessa James home in Astoria as soon as the wayward waif has packed her bag. 
I'm unsure if Tessa has any special plans for us, but I'm game for anything.
This will be my longest stretch of time presenting as a woman, four days.  I've only experienced a few day trips with these lovely ladies.  They are great role models for me.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on June 08, 2018, 09:26:21 AM
Hi friends, I am sitting in Laurie's home having a wonderful time talking with her sister.  Michelle and I arrived last night after an enjoyable ride together.  We all had a nice Skype video chat with @ElizabethK, it late for us, but not for her.
Laurie, Michelle and I will be heading to Tessa's in Astoria as soon as the wayward waif has packed her bag. 
This will be my longest stretch of time presenting as a woman, four days.  I've only experienced a few day trips with these lovely ladies.  They are great role models for me.

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

Dear Jessica...  It is very wonderful to read your good report... yes, good friends that are also good role models are wonderful to have and to have near you and available to you.

I am glad that you are enjoying your 4 day out of town trip as a female and time with your friends.   As time goes on I suspect that you will have many more even longer times being in female mode...  it is a wonderful feeling isn't it !!!   I can attest to that for sure.

Thanks for posting your happy update, always enjoyable to read about the happenings in your life.
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on June 08, 2018, 09:46:13 AM
Dear Jessica...  It is very wonderful to read your good report... yes, good friends that are also good role models are wonderful to have and to have near you and available to you.

I am glad that you are enjoying your 4 day out of town trip as a female and time with your friends.   As time goes on I suspect that you will have many more even longer times being in female mode...  it is a wonderful feeling isn't it !!!   I can attest to that for sure.

Thanks for posting your happy update, always enjoyable to read about the happenings in your life.
Hugs,
Danielle

Thank you Danielle for your response.
It is a wonderful feeling to be accepted as who I am.
And so that you know, you are one of my chosen role models also.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

sarah1972

This sounds awesome and like a lot of fun! Glad you all get to meet and hang out together. Enjoy the Astoria Pride Parade!!!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Jessica on June 08, 2018, 09:26:21 AM
Laurie, Michelle and I will be heading to @Tessa James home in Astoria as soon as the wayward waif has packed her bag. 

Hugs and smiles, Jessica

•  

Jessica

Hi friends, I have spent the last four days surrounded by estrogen!
If you have been wondering where half of Susan's Mods are, we converged on Tessa's for the Astoria Pride weekend!  @Laurie @Michelle_P and I represented Susan's Place in the parade.
During the block party @Kendra showed up, which thrilled us beyond thrilling!  The four of us had a great meal at T Paul's Supper Club, a local lgbtq friendly establishment.
Then it was on to the dance party! 3 hours of rapid movement which had me drenched by midnight.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•