Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Except for the Gallery and attachments which staff can use, the site doesn't store images. You would have to check your archives to see if you still have an older picture.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Cindy on July 01, 2018, 04:26:06 AM
Jessica that is marvellous and will be a great support for you.

I was sitting here looking at your post and thinking over the last year or so and something hit me.

Look at your avatar, look at Steph, look at Michelle. The wandering waif can be included as well. Her latest avatar is the same.

The four of you are now posting avatars of the relaxed, happy women that you are. You are enjoying life and you are ...living, and the sparkle in the eyes cannot be hidden.

Now go and look at your original avatars.

Lovely!!!

Thank you so much @Cindy 🌸🌸🌸 your eyes see my soul behind my sunglasses in my most recent avatar.  The sparkle is there!
I have also thought about the advances of so many members, and how much we have changed for the better.  At one point there seemed to be a movement from faceapp avatars to their real self.  That is a big step to take.  For me at least it was

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 01, 2018, 04:10:08 AM
Congratulations, Jess! It's such a relief to hang out with someone you can completely relax and be yourself around.

But the important question is, does she give lessons in makeup via Skype?

Stephanie

@Steph2.0

Hi Stephanie 🌸🌸🌸 I asked her this during the run this morning.  She said she doesn't know howto Skype.  Told her it was easy....then the subject died out.  Now with some time to think...there are possibilities here.
She is an avid watcher of makeup tutorials, including one for men and women. I know if I put the idea in her head of doing a tutorial for us, she could likely jump at the chance.  I will ask her when her family comes over for bbq and pool time today.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on July 01, 2018, 01:47:40 PM
@Steph2.0

Hi Stephanie [emoji254][emoji254][emoji254] I asked her this during the run this morning.  She said she doesn't know howto Skype.  Told her it was easy....then the subject died out.  Now with some time to think...there are possibilities here.
She is an avid watcher of makeup tutorials, including one for men and women. I know if I put the idea in her head of doing a tutorial for us, she could likely jump at the chance.  I will ask her when her family comes over for bbq and pool time today.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

Well I was joking, but what a cool idea!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 01, 2018, 02:40:27 PM
Well I was joking, but what a cool idea!

Stephanie

If this is something my friend would be interested in, I would need to clear it with our dear sister @Cindy

•  

Jessica

Hi friends 🙋‍♀️ Been through a emotional wringer the last few days.
Mostly of my own doing.  I have the tendency to build strong relationships with those I care deeply about.  Sometimes it's mutual, though in different degrees, sometimes it's one sided. 
I know I can be overbearing in showing friendship at times and I feel awful when it's misplaced. 
I'm not too shy and can be direct. 
Judging a situation differently than reality can happen with limited information, but the human brain always tries to fill in the blanks and I end up thinking the worst when I know that it could be a reality. 

My emotional bank is drained.

Hug me, smile for me, Jess

•  

Charlie Nicki

Jess I'm hugging you from the distance! Hope you feel better soon. As usual, I'm only a text away <3
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

steph2.0

I know what you mean, Jessica. My emotions tend to amplify my perceptions of my relationships, and I usually end up thinking the worst. Things almost always turn out better than I fear, but I never seem to learn.

So <<HUG>>

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Michelle_P

@Jessica, sometimes our imaginations work overtime at filling in the blanks when we have too little information and too much concern.

It does sound like you are past the worst of your worries, though. That's a good thing. Worry, especially the self/inflicted sort, doesn't do us much good. Reaching out to friends in our support networks can be a good move when our worries threaten to overwhelm us.

I've been through something similar the past week, and finally figured out that I was causing my own problems. Oops. I'm doing better now. Communication and support are key to my staying out of head troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on July 06, 2018, 02:46:32 PM
Hi friends 🙋‍♀️ Been through a emotional wringer the last few days.
Mostly of my own doing.  I have the tendency to build strong relationships with those I care deeply about.  Sometimes it's mutual, though in different degrees, sometimes it's one sided. 
I know I can be overbearing in showing friendship at times and I feel awful when it's misplaced. 
I'm not too shy and can be direct. 
Judging a situation differently than reality can happen with limited information, but the human brain always tries to fill in the blanks and I end up thinking the worst when I know that it could be a reality. 

My emotional bank is drained.

Hug me, smile for me, Jess

@Jessica
My Dear Jess:
I am so sorry to hear of the emotional turmoil that you have been going through.  I am glad that you shared your thoughts here with your readers and followers. We are your biggest fans, we will rejoice with you when you have good things to report and we will support you when you report the not so good things.

It is good that you wrote out your thoughts...  when I have issues to deal with, I find that writing about my feelings gives me an opportunity to think and to ponder possible solutions and find ways to deal with issues in a way that will bring positive results for not only me but for those that I am close to. 

I trust that you will find a way to get back to your happy place... and to continue being the Jessica that we have all come to know as a caring and supporting friend who unselfishly gives your "all" in your relationships and dealings with others.   Being direct is not a bad thing, it is best to be clear and not to be shy when developing friendships, that is the way I am also.  As you do, I make friends fast, and do my best to make the friendships lasting and mutual.

Thank you for posting.  Please accept our support... we are honored to give back to you what you so freely give to us here on the Forums.

Hugs for you and Smiles for you as always.
Wishing you well,
Your faithful friend,
Danielle 

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

Sometimes we make mistakes... I hope you are feeling better about things and put it down to being just part of the learning curve. Life happens  ;D

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

@Charlie Nicki @Steph2.0 @Michelle_P @Alaskan Danielle @ElizabethK

Thank you for the hugs, smiles and words of encouragement!
My issues stem from my personal code of conduct.
I have seen failures in life that if someone had stepped in to help, it would have been a success.
Too many, these days, crawl into a shell of "me" and never see the "you" causing a disconnect from humanity. 
Here at Susan's the onus is even stronger for helping each other. 
Is it better to intrude or not to intrude yourself in someone's life?
Should we feel empowered to help or passively wait it out?
Should we suffer the embarrassment of saying something and being wrong or suffer pain for not speaking up?

I'll suffer the embarrassment every time if it meant once I may be right.

I also have to work on how much this affects myself, investing so much can be unhealthy.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

steph2.0

For what it's worth, Jess, I agree you're on the right track. There are very few of us here who don't need a helping hand or just an encouraging word once in a while. Even if we're lucky enough to have supportive people around us, it can feel awfully lonely sometimes if the only people we can talk to not only don't understand what we're going through, but simply can't understand.

That's one of the things that attracted me to Susan's: knowing there are people like you here who are willing to take a chance and reach out to those they think may be in need. You may guess wrong occasionally, but the times you get it right more than compensate for that.

So thank you. You're doing good (and that's grammatically correct!)

Stephanie

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Steph2.0 on July 07, 2018, 11:25:21 AM
For what it's worth, Jess, I agree you're on the right track. There are very few of us here who don't need a helping hand or just an encouraging word once in a while. Even if we're lucky enough to have supportive people around us, it can feel awfully lonely sometimes if the only people we can talk to not only don't understand what we're going through, but simply can't understand.

That's one of the things that attracted me to Susan's: knowing there are people like you here who are willing to take a chance and reach out to those they think may be in need. You may guess wrong occasionally, but the times you get it right more than compensate for that.

So thank you. You're doing good (and that's grammatically correct!)

Stephanie

@Steph2.0

Thank you again Stephanie!
I have no doubt in my conduct, it is part of me.

You know me well!  My High School English teacher taught that if you understand each other, that was good grammar.  But he included, "If your not able to write what you mean, it loses definition."  He became a Stanford professor after my three years with him. 

•  

Jessica

Hi friends, today I went with @Michelle_P  and  @Laurie to the Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church where Michelle as a lay person did the service.  Her sermon was wonderful, her link to it is here Embracing the Unexpected
It gives  life lessons to help with dealing with how the universe always has other plans than the best laid plans you think you have.

Here is a pic of Laurie and I before the service.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on July 09, 2018, 12:02:22 AM
Hi friends, today I went with @Michelle_P  and  @Laurie to the Mt. Diablo Unitarian Universalist Church where Michelle as a lay person did the service.

@Jessica
Dear Jess....  I will repeat the phrase that I seemingly have become know for....
          Wow-whee !!!!!
You and @Laurie both look absolutely terrific... beautiful dressed women. 
I saw the @Michelle_P posting on her thread and her picture behind the pulpit... she is another terrific looking lady and it sounded like it was a good message that she delivered and had good reviews at coffee hour after the service.

Thank you so very much for posting this.... a lovely day for all 3 pretty ladies.
Hugs and well wishes...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

LizK

So who's the good looking chick with Laurie  ;)

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 09, 2018, 12:28:30 AM
So who's the good looking chick with Laurie  ;)

@ElizabethK

Hi Liz, @Laurie met that 'chick' face to face during one of her road trips.  She had known her as a trouble maker and rabble rouser.  With her calm voice and demeanor, she gave her a new insight to her calling.  That 'chick' is now working to help other troubled ones and tries to follow in Laurie's footsteps.

Hugs and smiles, that 'chick'

•  

davina61

I must say you both look wonderful , two ladies out on the town!!!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: davina61 on July 09, 2018, 02:45:40 PM
I must say you both look wonderful , two ladies out on the town!!!!!

@davina61 @Laurie

Thank you Davina, Laurie and I both agreed the night before that church deserved our Sunday best!

•