Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Nicki

Jess, I'm here to show my support to you. You are loved and appreciated. Thank you for being my friend and I'm here for you whenever you need me.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Jessica

So friends, I forced the issue on my uncommunicative wife.
It was a matter of stopping me from crying.  She listened, we talked, we hugged.
She has a much better understanding where I am at. 
Then we got mani/pedis 🌸🌸🌸

As a recap, I have been trying to get her to talk about her feelings for a year and she was entirely resistant.  She kept saying she was processing it...
She has from the beginning assured me that she was not going to leave me and she loved me very much. 
Things are much better now, transgender issues have come up in common communication today and not just about me, but in general of how hard things are for transgender people.

One thing she learned was that forestalling communication is the wrong move.  It's best to discuss as soon as possible! 

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on August 09, 2018, 04:55:51 PM
It was a matter of stopping me from crying.  She listened, we talked, we hugged.
Then we got mani/pedis 🌸🌸🌸

As a recap, I have been trying to get her to talk about her feelings for a year and she was entirely resistant.  She kept saying she was processing it...
She has from the beginning assured me that she was not going to leave me and she loved me very much. 
Things are much better now, transgender issues have come up in common communication today and not just about me, but in general of how hard things are for transgender people.

One thing she learned was that forestalling communication is the wrong move.  It's best to discuss as soon as possible!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

@Jessica:
Dear Jess: 
Well, this is certainly a good report...   and the mani/pedis together with your lover will usually do more to heal hurt feelings than flowers, cards, or dinner out.

Yes indeed, it is so very true, not talking about or discussing difficult issues with our life partners or people that are very important to us in our lives, will not make problems go away, the problems will only fester like an infected sore... and eventually blow up.

Again, Jess, I am very happy to read this latest report of yours... 

.... oh, and where is the photo of your mani/pedi salon visit? ???   
Please remember what we say here, "Pictures or it didn't happen"

Hugs and continued well wishes for your happiness.
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

I again forgot to take pictures at the salon.  This pic is second best.
I get builder gel on my nails. 
Flexible, strong and they don't need to be removed each time (reducing chemical exposure). 
You can add polish over them. Remove it and give a different color as many times you want
They just buff then add.  I go in ever 3-4 weeks. 
I love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jessica on August 09, 2018, 07:56:53 PM

Flexible, strong and they don't need to be removed each time (reducing chemical exposure). 
You can add polish over them. Remove it and give a different color as many times you want
I love them!

Pics!  Yay, it did happen!

They look lovely, Jess!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica

@KathyLauren

Quote from: KathyLauren on August 09, 2018, 08:05:41 PM
Pics!  Yay, it did happen!

They look lovely, Jess!

Thank you Kathy 🌸🌸🌸
It's incredible how just having pretty nails make you feel so good!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Thank you for posting that great picture showing the pretty results of your manicure....
It is the little things like this that make one feel more feminine....   pretty pastel color too.
Were you toe nails done the same color? 
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica on August 09, 2018, 07:56:53 PM
@Alaskan Danielle

I love them!

They look great Jess...I like the idea that they are really hardy....they can obviously stand up to some punishment.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on August 09, 2018, 08:44:05 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Thank you for posting that great picture showing the pretty results of your manicure....
It is the little things like this that make one feel more feminine....   pretty pastel color too.
Were you toe nails done the same color? 
Hugs,
Danielle

Yes I did, but only close.  I don't have builder gel on them, so the best choice was a peach.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Jessica on August 09, 2018, 04:55:51 PM
Then we got mani/pedis [emoji254][emoji254][emoji254]

Hugs and smiles, Jess
I'm glad that things are going well Jess. Have fun tonight!
  •  

Jessica

@Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Charlie Nicki on August 09, 2018, 10:38:05 PM
I'm glad that things are going well Jess. Have fun tonight!

Thank you Dan!  Nice music and wine was good for my running gal pals and I to enjoy!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

ps: I'm glad you had fun with your friends tonight!!!

•  

Stevi

Jess,

I was unaware of the "builder gel" nail option.  Looks good on you.  I am thinking of that approach rather than having the extensions glued on.

I am one of the many that tries really hard to keep up with you and the many others I have come to know and love here.  There are more than 20 journal threads I try to follow as closely as time permits.  I am sure there are many more I could find and follow in sections of Susan's that I can't find the time to delve into.  I have my own journal to maintain as well.  I am a slow reader and a slow writer.  Over these past years I have no idea what I would have done without all the comradery with and among all of you.  In the early time I was a lurker.  It is only recently that I have become an active member of the community here.  Without my years of almost silent following of the girls and guys here I could never have reached the point I am at now.  You are a most valuable part of that for me.  I know that your concern was just a hiccup (I know that was not what it felt like at the time.) in your journey but it did not go by unnoticed by me.

I am really pleased you and your wife have found a better place to be in your relationship.

Thanks for being you and being here,
Stevi
  •  

Jessica

@Stevi

Quote from: Stevi on August 10, 2018, 06:54:43 AM
Jess,

I was unaware of the "builder gel" nail option.  Looks good on you.  I am thinking of that approach rather than having the extensions glued on.

I am one of the many that tries really hard to keep up with you and the many others I have come to know and love here.  There are more than 20 journal threads I try to follow as closely as time permits.  I am sure there are many more I could find and follow in sections of Susan's that I can't find the time to delve into.  I have my own journal to maintain as well.  I am a slow reader and a slow writer.  Over these past years I have no idea what I would have done without all the comradery with and among all of you.  In the early time I was a lurker.  It is only recently that I have become an active member of the community here.  Without my years of almost silent following of the girls and guys here I could never have reached the point I am at now.  You are a most valuable part of that for me.  I know that your concern was just a hiccup (I know that was not what it felt like at the time.) in your journey but it did not go by unnoticed by me.

I am really pleased you and your wife have found a better place to be in your relationship.

Thanks for being you and being here,
Stevi

Thank you Stevi 🌸🌸🌸
I very much appreciate you reaching out to me!  There are many member journals that are all valid and necessary for their growth.  Most have their following, some get missed in the shuffle.

Making friends on Susan's Place is relatively easy considering our common bond.  This creates trust in each other allowing the free flow of thoughts and ideas.  I do acknowledge that the many "readers" (I prefer that over "lurkers") learn from the experiences of like minded individuals. 

I hadn't realized that my story made an impact on anyone until re-evaluating it and from comments like yours.  I'm so happy I've been a positive influence that has helped you, that is my objective.  You've made me smile and warm with this revelation.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

LizK

Jess I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to being slack on my thread. When I look at the number of reads my thread has, I know that not everyone who reads posts, in fact the vast majority don't. I am like you in that I did not realise that there were many more people following along with my journey silently.

jI feel a sense of comradeship with all who participate in my thread whether by commenting or just reading along. If I actively encourage people to read along with my thread then I have a duty to do my bit and make the content at least regular.  ;)
Take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: LizK on August 10, 2018, 07:18:05 PM
Jess I am as guilty as anyone when it comes to being slack on my thread. When I look at the number of reads my thread has, I know that not everyone who reads posts, in fact the vast majority don't. I am like you in that I did not realise that there were many more people following along with my journey silently.

jI feel a sense of comradeship with all who participate in my thread whether by commenting or just reading along. If I actively encourage people to read along with my thread then I have a duty to do my bit and make the content at least regular.  ;)
Take care
Liz

I do agree Liz, I am making a concerted effort to do better at posts, comments and reply's.  Everyone helping each other is what makes Susan's Place special!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

Faith

:icon_wave:

another lurker pointing out that they actually read this mess. I think I've actually posted in here somewhere ..
As you've already been told, Don't stop now. If I have nothing to read I might have to actually work when I'm at work .. ACK!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Michelle_P

Just a quick note:  thank you for the update , and I am glad to read that communication is open between you and your spouse.

That is incredibly important.

You two enjoy your oasis, and I'll see you soon.

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on August 11, 2018, 12:55:23 AM
I do agree Liz, I am making a concerted effort to do better at posts, comments and reply's. Everyone helping each other is what makes Susan's Place special!

Hugs and smiles, Jess

@Jessica
My dear Jess:   
Not to worry.... as I frequently do for you and for other members that have threads that they don't keep updated as regularly as I think that they should I am the self-appointed forums "badger" (not one of the honeybadgers) that is more than willing to politely and firmly needle, prod, and nudge my forums friends to keep their threads up to date. 
(Many others members like   @LizK   @amberwaves   @christinej78   @Chelsea    @Jayne01    @sarah1972   @Sonja  can personally testify to my self-appointed efforts)

As you know, I am a firm believer in our personal threads being used as our own journals that we can write out, express, and explore our successes, our failures, our happy moments and our not so happy moments.

When we have issues and circumstances going on in our lives than cause emotional highs or depressing lows it can be so helpful to explore our feelings in our journals... and as we do it gives us an opportunity to formulate positive solutions instead of stewing about our problems and stuck in the mode of being depressed about our situation. 

When we share all of these things with our Forums friends we can receive uplifting, affirming and confidence building support, and helpful comments and suggestions from our like-minded followers and readers of our threads. 

Of course all of us have much more personal issues that we don't feel comfortable posting about on the forums...  for that I keep a pen and paper journal complete with doodling that I can work out and ponder issues in my mind before they become critical and debilitating.  Writing things out can be very therapeutic.

All of this can be encouraging and helpful to others that read what is posted by us and by others.   As has been mentioned, we all  have our regular followers but also we all have many more readers (and lurkers) that stop by our threads... we will never know how many individuals are positively affected by our writings on our own threads and all around the forums on other various threads.

So, Jess, it is good that I didn't have to give you a 3rd warning about keeping your thread up to date....
it might have gotten interesting if I did......

Thank you for keeping us all up to date with your life endeavors.
Hugs and all of my well-wishes,
Danielle

•  

Rayna

Ok, so after lurking for awhile I came across Jess's Mess. Sounds a bit like me! Reading backwards from the end I see how Jess nearly caused a disruption in the Force through a premature end, and glad she hasn't.

I'm not sure where you are on the NB spectrum these days, Jess. I dropped in on the NB threads from a year ago and saw some of what you said there. I'm definitely questioning and working through some of those issues myself.

Anyway, enough reading on the tiny screen while sitting outdoors at the coffee shop. Gotta go make a day of it!

Love Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Jessica on August 10, 2018, 09:00:41 AM
@Stevi

Thank you Stevi 🌸🌸🌸
I very much appreciate you reaching out to me!  There are many member journals that are all valid and necessary for their growth.  Most have their following, some get missed in the shuffle.

Making friends on Susan's Place is relatively easy considering our common bond.  This creates trust in each other allowing the free flow of thoughts and ideas.  I do acknowledge that the many "readers" (I prefer that over "lurkers") learn from the experiences of like minded individuals. 

I hadn't realized that my story made an impact on anyone until re-evaluating it and from comments like yours.  I'm so happy I've been a positive influence that has helped you, that is my objective.  You've made me smile and warm with this revelation.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

Jess, you've been a really good influence for me as well. Even when you're feeling down, you have this positive and upbeat attitude and vibe that I absolutely love. You're like a ray of sunshine in the middle of a storm, and that's awesome! Love you girl!!
  •