Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurie

They're PINK  I like them
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on October 04, 2018, 04:42:28 PM

New shoes for my 10k race on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, you got them!

Comfortable I hope, for a 10K race!  And a nice color, too. 

OK, so I'm biased.  Good luck in the race!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Kendra

If the distance seems difficult, remember it's 5k per foot.
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Laurie on October 04, 2018, 05:44:16 PM
They're PINK  I like them

I know you do, and you're jealous...

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 04, 2018, 05:45:05 PM
Hey, you got them!

Comfortable I hope, for a 10K race!  And a nice color, too. 

OK, so I'm biased.  Good luck in the race!

So, you know I have had problems with finding women's size 13 (sometimes 12).
These were a special at Saucony for Breast Awareness Month.....men's 11.
Oh joy and they fit like a dream......

Quote from: Kendra on October 04, 2018, 05:46:29 PM
If the distance seems difficult, remember it's 5k per foot.

Love it Kendra!  All I need is a split personality and it's a twofer......oh wait.....

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

@Laurie @Michelle_P @Kendra

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:   Welcome back to your thread.... I missed you

I love your new shoes...  I hope that you break them in just a little before you run the 10K, otherwise you could be sorry.   I love the Pink color.... they will not be mistaken for anything but a woman's shoe.

I hope that the 10K run is ready for you... only 6.2 miles, quite a bit less than half of a half-marathon (13.1 miles)  I sincerely hope that you have a good time with your running friends and who cares about your finish time anyway.

Thank you for your happy posting and telling your followers what you are up to this weekend... certainly we will want to see pictures if you feel so led to post them... and if you want me to hide some of the other's faces in your pictures, well, you know the drill, we have done that together previously.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 04, 2018, 07:21:22 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:   Welcome back to your thread.... I missed you

I love your new shoes...  I hope that you break them in just a little before you run the 10K, otherwise you could be sorry.   I love the Pink color.... they will not be mistaken for anything but a woman's shoe.

I hope that the 10K run is ready for you... only 6.2 miles, quite a bit less than half of a half-marathon (13.1 miles)  I sincerely hope that you have a good time with your running friends and who cares about your finish time anyway.

Thank you for your happy posting and telling your followers what you are up to this weekend... certainly we will want to see pictures if you feel so led to post them... and if you want me to hide some of the other's faces in your pictures, well, you know the drill, we have done that together previously.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle

Danielle, 6.1 miles is just a warm up now.  I'm afraid for this race.  I may need to back it down a bit.  This is the first race I've signed up for as a woman.  I don't want to be the lady they call up for my age bracket, let alone win.
At least all my gal pals are in younger brackets, so I would avoid that awkwardness.
Not like the scowl I would receive from that grandmother I just passed.
I plan to break them in with a warm up to the warm up 5k today and tomorrow.
Saucony's have always performed well for me from the get go.
Neutral foot helps.

@Alaskan Danielle

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on October 04, 2018, 07:58:41 PM
Danielle, 6.1 miles is just a warm up now.  I'm afraid for this race.  I may need to back it down a bit.  This is the first race I've signed up for as a woman.  I don't want to be the lady they call up for my age bracket, let alone win.
At least all my gal pals are in younger brackets, so I would avoid that awkwardness.
Not like the scowl I would receive from that grandmother I just passed.
I plan to break them in with a warm up to the warm up 5k today and tomorrow.
Saucony's have always performed well for me from the get go.
Neutral foot helps.

@Alaskan Danielle

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Good for you, yes indeed, the 5K is a nice warm up run/jog for the next day's 10K (or longer) event.   Since you are a half-marathoner and full-marathoner like myself, the 5K is a snap. 

I am glad that you are breaking in your shoes before you run in the 10Kl.  This is obvious but if you start forming a blister anywhere on your foot or ankle, STOP, and change shoes immediately.

Interesting comment you made about mentioning that you "need to back it down a bit" ....  that would certainly be something to consider about NOT being the trans-woman that wins the race....   the events that I have been running in since I became full-time seem to have a lot of ladies my age that are quite fast and put in really great times so it is not always super-easy for me to keep near the front of the pack.

Wishing your good luck and have fun running with your gal-friends.   I know that in the past that your wife has done these types of events .... is she participating in the 10K with you?

Hugs and well wishes as always...
Danielle

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 04, 2018, 10:02:59 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Good for you, yes indeed, the 5K is a nice warm up run/jog for the next day's 10K (or longer) event.   Since you are a half-marathoner and full-marathoner like myself, the 5K is a snap. 

I am glad that you are breaking in your shoes before you run in the 10Kl.  This is obvious but if you start forming a blister anywhere on your foot or ankle, STOP, and change shoes immediately.

Interesting comment you made about mentioning that you "need to back it down a bit" ....  that would certainly be something to consider about NOT being the trans-woman that wins the race....   the events that I have been running in since I became full-time seem to have a lot of ladies my age that are quite fast and put in really great times so it is not always super-easy for me to keep near the front of the pack.

Wishing your good luck and have fun running with your gal-friends.  I know that in the past that your wife has done these types of events .... is she participating in the 10K with you?

Hugs and well wishes as always...
Danielle

Unfortunately Danielle my wife's running days are over.  A few months back she was diagnosed with severe arthritis in her right hip.  She is needing a hip replacement and can never run again.  There is only so much wear that a prosthetic hip can endure, so she will never ski or rock climb again either.  One fall and your done.

Thank you for your shared thoughts on trans-women winning the race.  I am markedly faster than any of my gal pals, I'm the one that pushes them to the limit.  So if that's any indication and I don't want to be the woman on the podium with an cleared electrolysis chin and a deeper voice, I better tone it down to a trot.

@Alaskan Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on October 04, 2018, 11:15:59 PM
Unfortunately Danielle my wife's running days are over.  A few months back she was diagnosed with severe arthritis in her right hip.  She is needing a hip replacement and can never run again.  There is only so much wear that a prosthetic hip can endure, so she will never ski or rock climb again either.  One fall and your done.

Thank you for your shared thoughts on trans-women winning the race.  I am markedly faster than any of my gal pals, I'm the one that pushes them to the limit.  So if that's any indication and I don't want to be the woman on the podium with an cleared electrolysis chin and a deeper voice, I better tone it down to a trot.

@Alaskan Danielle

@Jessica
Dear Jess:   
I am so very sorry to hear about your wife's health and hip issues.  When is the hip replacement scheduled???  My mother had a hip replaced and she did quite well with it... there was no running or mountain climbing going on.

Regarding the race with other women about your age... you just might be surprised how fast that some of them might be able run the event.   As I mentioned in my previous comment, even though I have run long distance events regularly and with good times, there were a number of women in my last event, the charity run that I posted about, that gave me a "run for my money"   .... a few of the gals were quite quick.  It sounds like you may have previously run with some of these ladies so you should have a good calibration on their abilities.
But you perhaps want to be careful how slow you decide to trot.

Hugs and well wishes as always....
Danielle

•  

Donica

Oh I soooo love those shoe's Jess!!! 10K on Saturday? That's tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow Jess!
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Faith

Quote from: Jessica on October 04, 2018, 11:15:59 PM
<snip>

So sorry to hear that. That's got to be hard on someone that's been active. Give her a hug for me

Faith
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I will be eagerly looking for your report about your 5K warm-up run today as you prepare for your 10K event on Saturday.   

Way too cold here for any running events... last night got down into the low to mid-20's  .... very heavy frost on the ground this morning, almost looked like snow but the skies were clear.   We did have some snow a few days ago and snow is in the forecast for next week....   this is awfully early in October for this kind of stuff...

So, anyway, I am wishing your well and have fun and enjoy your running events.....
Hugs,
Danielle

•  

Donica

BBQ Pool Party at Jessica's after the 10K ;D.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Donica on October 06, 2018, 09:49:45 AM
BBQ Pool Party at Jessica's after the 10K ;D.

Donica.

@Donica    @Jessica
Dear Donica:   
Very good plan....  note to Jess....   medium rare on my steak please....

So, Jess, I trust that you will have a good time at your 10K running event... I will be looking forward to your report when you finally get home and back on your computer.... perhaps with a few pictures???
Hugs and hugs,
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle @Donica @Laurie

We waited for everyone to show up for the BBQ.......again.
Second time that has happened...Danielle???  Donica???

Oh and sorry Danielle, I don't like running with my phone so no selfies!  I hope for good shots from the race organizers.
I was a lone runner today since the gal pal that was joining me, had a sick child.
Ran an unofficial 75 min 10k, about 25 mins slower than my fastest.  Again though I did not want to place in the women's age group I was in.  Final results aren't in yet, but I was not in the top three.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on October 06, 2018, 10:41:32 PM

@Alaskan Danielle @Donica @Laurie

We waited for everyone to show up for the BBQ.......again.
Second time that has happened...Danielle???  Donica???

Oh and sorry Danielle, I don't like running with my phone so no selfies!  I hope for good shots from the race organizers.
I was a lone runner today since the gal pal that was joining me, had a sick child.
Ran an unofficial 75 min 10k, about 25 mins slower than my fastest.  Again though I did not want to place in the women's age group I was in.  Final results aren't in yet, but I was not in the top three.

@Jessica       cc: @Laurie    @Michelle_P    @Donica 
Dear Jess:
You and Laurie look so very happy....  it looks as if you two are having lots of fun.

I am glad you finished your race with a fairly good time...  I know why you ran a little slower and I think that you were quite wise following your strategy.   I will indeed be looking for any of the published pics from the race organizers.

I am sorry that Donica and I missed your after-race BBQ.   So did you at least have Laurie and Michelle at your pool party tonight?   ....  any others that I may know?

Get some good rest tonight....  it was nice to see your posting tonight.
Hugs to you and also to Laurie and Michelle,
Danielle

•  

Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 06, 2018, 10:56:14 PM
@Jessica       cc: @Laurie    @Michelle_P    @Donica 
Dear Jess:
You and Laurie look so very happy....  it looks as if you two are having lots of fun.

I am glad you finished your race with a fairly good time...  I know why you ran a little slower and I think that you were quite wise following your strategy.   I will indeed be looking for any of the published pics from the race organizers.

I am sorry that Donica and I missed your after-race BBQ.   So did you at least have Laurie and Michelle at your pool party tonight?   ....  any others that I may know?

Get some good rest tonight....  it was nice to see your posting tonight.
Hugs to you and also to Laurie and Michelle,
Danielle

In my defence, I was at a lovely Gala last night. Sorry i missed the BBQ ladies. Did anyone save me a burger?

Donica.
  •  

Jessica

I'm sorry Donica, we had porterhouse steaks, roasted potatoes, sautéed green beans/cherry tomatoes paired with a local porter ale, topped off with a luscious chocolate Crémeux and Mexican coffee next to the fire pit.

Hugs and smiles from a Northern California girl

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on October 07, 2018, 05:59:45 PM
I'm sorry Donica, we had porterhouse steaks, roasted potatoes, sautéed green beans/cherry tomatoes paired with a local porter ale, topped off with a luscious chocolate Crémeux and Mexican coffee next to the fire pit.

Hugs and smiles from a Northern California girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess: 
You really know how to rub it in.... 
Porterhouse Steaks!!! ... and all the trimmings....really?   
... and  @Donica  had a nice meal at the Gala event that she attended.

All by myself and alone I had a less enticing dinner of chicken and rice.  *sad face*  :(

I am almost crying that I missed out.... I hope that you don't feel too sorry for me.
Hugs and hugs, thanks for your posting in spite of the fact that I now feel so sad.
Danielle

•  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on October 07, 2018, 06:17:56 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess: 
You really know how to rub it in.... 
Porterhouse Steaks!!! ... and all the trimmings....really?   
... and  @Donica  had a nice meal at the Gala event that she attended.

All by myself and alone I had a less enticing dinner of chicken and rice.  *sad face*  :(

I am almost crying that I missed out.... I hope that you don't feel too sorry for me.
Hugs and hugs, thanks for your posting in spite of the fact that I now feel so sad.
Danielle

Danielle, I could prepare it personally for you.  You're only a 5 hour flight and a two day dogsled mush away.

•