Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myranda

Quote from: Jessica on December 06, 2018, 03:23:42 PM
@Myranda

Myranda, my support network has improved dramatically.  Always hold out for hope when you feel there is none!

Hug, Jess

I'm so glad to hear that!

•  

Donica

Quote from: Jessica on December 05, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
It's becoming clearer to me that my sources of support are crumbling. Sad

Wait! What? Not a chance Jess! I'm sorry I haven't been here lately girl. I just had to take care of a few things that took a lot of my time. I've spent the morning catching up on everything I've missed at Susan's.

Here me girl, and hear me good! From one SoCal girl to another NorCal girl, I love you and you have all my support. And don't you forget it!

Big wet sloppy hugs Jess!
Donica.

P.S. I'm still catching up hun. I'm a slow reader ;D Oh ya! I'm glad your feeling better now and are able to talk a little. The salt thing is a great idea. Salt seems to be a fix all home remedy that works well for just about everything.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica

@Donica

Quote from: Donica on December 07, 2018, 02:55:43 PM
Wait! What? Not a chance Jess! I'm sorry I haven't been here lately girl. I just had to take care of a few things that took a lot of my time. I've spent the morning catching up on everything I've missed at Susan's.

Here me girl, and hear me good! From one SoCal girl to another NorCal girl, I love you and you have all my support. And don't you forget it!

Big wet sloppy hugs Jess!
Donica.

P.S. I'm still catching up hun. I'm a slow reader ;D Oh ya! I'm glad your feeling better now and are able to talk a little. The salt thing is a great idea. Salt seems to be a fix all home remedy that works well for just about everything.

Like salted caramels, peanuts and dogs..... except not language!  That sometimes isn't.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

Planted a Meyer Lemon tree in August...... First harvest!!!
These are the lemons I'm using for a pie!

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on December 08, 2018, 03:10:23 PM
Planted a Meyer Lemon tree in August...... First harvest!!!
These are the lemons I'm using for a pie!

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Nothing better than fresh, just picked citrus...  there are so many neat recipes that include lemon ingredients. 
Your lemon pie sounds very tasty, please be sure to post a photo if you can.

In addition to lemon pie, I make lemon bars, lemon cookies, lemon cake, lemon frosting, and some other recipes that call for lemon zest and lemon juice.

Thank you for sharing,
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

I love Meyer lemons! I had one in my back yard until frost killed it.

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

LizK

Nice to see you sounding positive again Jess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

@LizK

Quote from: LizK on December 08, 2018, 04:38:39 PM
Nice to see you sounding positive again Jess

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The truth is Liz, I'm always positive, my battery had been depleted and I needed a recharge!
I may be an Energizer Bunny, but eventually the copper tops need replacing.

•  

Jessica

Lemon pie tomorrow,
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today!

•  

Jessica

Pumpkin pie cake too....and yes Megan from scratch

cc: @Megan.

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Jess those look so yummy!   You can't be in too bad of spirits when you can bake like that!!! 

I may not post often but I follow your thread.  I'm glad to hear you're doing well from the surgery.  Please count me among your supporters.
Judi 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Jessica

@JudiBlueEyes

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on December 08, 2018, 07:58:47 PM
Jess those look so yummy!   You can't be in too bad of spirits when you can bake like that!!! 

I may not post often but I follow your thread.  I'm glad to hear you're doing well from the surgery.  Please count me among your supporters.
Judi

Thank you Judi, I appreciate the support, we all need it sometimes!

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
Wow-zers....   all of that baking that you are doing and making the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies and the Pumpkin Pie Cake  .... looks very delicious for sure.... and the Lemon Pie is coming next.... 

I love this time of year with all the Holiday Events, Meals, and all the baked treats....   great for the taste buds but perhaps not so good for the waist-line...  no better way to lift one's spirits. 

Thank you for sharing your baking adventures with all of us.
Hugs and happy eating!!!
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on December 08, 2018, 05:19:58 PM
@LizK

The truth is Liz, I'm always positive, my battery had been depleted and I needed a recharge!

Just get some Gatorade and top off the electrolytes, and you can charge ahead.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

That's it! All these cookies, pies and cakes! I'm baking something tonight. I don't know what yet but I'm baking something!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica

@Donica

Quote from: Donica on December 09, 2018, 10:28:59 AM
That's it! All these cookies, pies and cakes! I'm baking something tonight. I don't know what yet but I'm baking something!

Awesome Donica, if you're able to post a pic, I will virtually enjoy the wafting aroma and drool on my keyboard!

•  

Jessica

@Steph2.0

Quote from: Steph2.0 on December 09, 2018, 04:24:21 AM
Just get some Gatorade and top off the electrolytes, and you can charge ahead.

Stephanie

Thank you Stephanie for your  advice.  I though abhor the taste of Gatorade!  I personally have a revulsion to processed foods of any type and only consume organic.  It's my own quirk and I hold no judgement for those that do not feel the same.
Your last meal you shared on your thread look absolutely wonderful and I could taste it just by looking at it.  Enjoy life to the fullest Stephanie!  I know you do and will.

•  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on December 09, 2018, 10:49:12 AM
@Steph2.0

Thank you Stephanie for your  advice.  I though abhor the taste of Gatorade!  I personally have a revulsion to processed foods of any type and only consume organic.  It's my own quirk and I hold no judgement for those that do not feel the same.
Your last meal you shared on your thread look absolutely wonderful and I could taste it just by looking at it.  Enjoy life to the fullest Stephanie!  I know you do and will.

Jess, the commercial electrolyte drinks are largely water, citric acid, sugar and salt.  It's pretty easy to make your own version that replaces lost salt, tastes good and carries less sugar.

Try this for a starting point, and tweak as you'd like:

3 cups water
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt

Toss all ingredients in a blender and mix well. Enjoy chilled or over ice.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on December 09, 2018, 10:49:12 AM

I do try, but I often have to remind myself while it's actually happening just how incredible things can sometimes be. If I don't make a conscious effort to actually take note of such things they just wash right over me and sometimes overwhelm my senses, so I only get the full effect later when I think back on what I'd done.

I suppose that's a lesson for everyone. Try to appreciate every minute while it's happening. The actual event is here and gone in an instant, so enjoy the here and now. You'll have the rest of your life to relive and re-love the memories.

Stephanie

•  

Jessica

Here's the pie!
Tart and sweet. 
The lemons were exceptionally juicy!
It still needs to cool, then a few hours in the fridge, afterwards the lemon zest whipped cream topping!

The pie crust was made by my sweetie.  This is her third one she has made.  I did the easy part with the filling.

•