Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

Be careful not to overcook that broccoli as that might be causing some of the off taste. On the other hand, you might try giving him a raw piece with ranch dressing as a dip. I also had difficulty eating broccoli when I was younger and about the only thing that helped was a cheese sauce. Something changed somewhere along the line and I no longer have a problem with the taste of broccoli.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Jessica

@davina61 @Dena

Quote from: davina61 on December 17, 2018, 01:50:20 PM
I was going to say a stilton cheese

Quote from: Dena on December 17, 2018, 05:36:32 PM
Be careful not to overcook that broccoli as that might be causing some of the off taste. On the other hand, you might try giving him a raw piece with ranch dressing as a dip. I also had difficulty eating broccoli when I was younger and about the only thing that helped was a cheese sauce. Something changed somewhere along the line and I no longer have a problem with the taste of broccoli.

More cheese (and Stilton at that) could be the key, but maybe his aversion stems from over cooking.  If my son cooked it, there may be issues.
I have tried raw with ranch dressing, playing eat the snow covered tree, but he quoted the Lorax to me.

Quote"I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues."

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

Hi friends 🌸🌸🌸 I've been under the weather for a bit now.  I wish I had realized I had a sinus infection earlier.  Evidently while I was under GA and having assisted breathing, my troublesome sinuses decided they would stop draining and compacted, allowing for nasties to grow.  I went to my GP.  The last time I saw him was at my physical last June.  That was the time he couldn't gender me correctly repeatedly.  This time the first thing he said "My, you've changed!".  No misgendering.  I will admit the last time I wasn't presenting as a woman, but was this time.
He diagnosed my problem and prescribed antibiotics.  Last dose on Christmas, so I'm hoping to feel up to cooking the large meal I have planned for family. 
I present androgynously to family, definitely much more feminine as time goes by.  Eventually it will be too obvious not to recognize that I am not the dad, brother, son or uncle that they saw before.  Even when I've gone out for lunch with friends like Michelle, I only use mascara and lipstick for makeup, I don't think I need the rest to show my pretty side any longer.

Had a heart to heart with my sweetie.  Our relationship has always been on the flip side of traditional roles, her being the stoic one, me much more emotional.  She had gone through menopause a few years back and hadn't been interested in sex for a while.  I of course have had a decrease in my needs also, but told her I missed the embraces that gave me the secure feeling of our love.  My awakening to the freedom to express more fully my emotions gave me  the strength to tell her, "I don't need the sex, I crave being held close and that's where my comfort lays"  even though she never has been one to emote, she said that she will do better at recognizing my needs.  Big hugs and silent embrace ensued.  We do love each other deeply.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica on December 20, 2018, 09:52:32 AM
  My awakening to the freedom to express more fully my emotions gave me  the strength to tell her, "I don't need the sex, I crave being held close and that's where my comfort lays"  even though she never has been one to emote, she said that she will do better at recognizing my needs.  Big hugs and silent embrace ensued.  We do love each other deeply.

You are so lucky to have this, the holding and hugging! I am asexual, but I miss this a lot!  This nice cuddling, and feeling secured in the arms of the one you love!.

I might never ever get this feeling again, and I wish you all the luck in the world that you can keep her at your side for ever!

Linda
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I am so very glad that you had the initiative to go to your GP to take care of your sinus infection...   hopefully the antibiotics will kick in fairly quickly so that you can fully enjoy the Christmas holiday happenings.

I love it....   your doctor stated:  "My, you've changed!"   Priceless!
I am so glad to read that your transition is moving forward...  it never goes as fast as we all desire... 
... we tend to say to ourselves...  "I want it ALL, and I want it NOW" ... but as you and I have many times advised beginning transitioners on HRT....  PATIENCE IS REQUIRED !!!

I so enjoyed reading about your "heart to heart" with your sweetie.   
Your last statement... "Big HUGS and SILENT EMBRACE ensued"  is such a wonderful thing... words are not always needed to express one's love for another.

Thank you for sharing your good news and posting your thoughts.
Please continue to keep all of us updated...  we are rooting for you, we are your biggest fans.

Hugs
and more HUGS.... even more HUGS...
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica on December 20, 2018, 09:52:32 AM
"...I crave being held close and that's where my comfort lays"

Beware!   It can be powerfully addictive!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

steph2.0

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Donica

Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Donica on December 21, 2018, 03:48:47 PM
Your too late! Jessica is already addicted ;D

Fortunately, but also unfortunately. 
My request has caused my wife to pull her head out of the proverbial sand and has caused the exposure of her discontent.
I may find it necessary to do whatever I need to do to preserve our relationship, which has always been paramount to me.
We will finally start much needed couples counseling to find out what that will take.
Maybe stop transitioning, maybe not.  Until then my emphasis will be on creating a place where we continue to be happy together.
I know that many can't imagine that of me, but I identify as Gender Fluid and I'll be okay if stopping is in my future.

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Donica on December 21, 2018, 03:48:47 PM
Your too late! Jessica is already addicted ;D

My request has caused my wife to pull her head out of the proverbial sand and has caused the exposure of her discontent.
I may find it necessary to do whatever I need to do to preserve our relationship, which has always been paramount to me.
We will finally start much needed couples counseling to find out what that will take.
Maybe stop transitioning, maybe not.  Until then my emphasis will be on creating a place where we continue to be happy together.

•  

Mariah

Jessica, you have a heart of gold. Jamie, my spouse made me the same offer and said they would stop at any point if I asked and that they would be fine with it too. I never asked them too, but the fact they offered is huge. Each of us has different needs and our situations are different. I can only hope that you and your wife find a way to be happy and coexist that you both can live with in the end. I so glad to hear you have started counseling and I hope that helps. Hugs
Mariah
Quote from: Jessica on December 21, 2018, 05:27:57 PM
I know that many can't imagine that of me, but I identify as Gender Fluid and I'll be okay if stopping is in my future.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Mariah on December 21, 2018, 05:52:11 PM
Jessica, you have a heart of gold. Jamie, my spouse made me the same offer and said they would stop at any point if I asked and that they would be fine with it too. I never asked them too, but the fact they offered is huge. Each of us has different needs and our situations are different. I can only hope that you and your wife find a way to be happy and coexist that you both can live with in the end. I so glad to hear you have started counseling and I hope that helps. Hugs
Mariah

Therapy will help.  I have given options to my wife , but she too will not make demands.

•  

Jessica

This perfectly sums up our situations sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica on December 21, 2018, 05:31:28 PM

Jessica its a tough situation to be in but I have no doubt you will work through this just as you have every other problem that has arisen. The close touching and physical contact is something I also miss terribly....She has needs and in order to meet them then I guess you will do what needs doing. I hope the therapy works out for you both of you.

Take care

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica on December 24, 2018, 01:09:08 AM
This perfectly sums up our situations sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And this is so true.  I walk every day possible for about 5 miles (2 hours), and I have to stay dehydrated for this time, because there is no place I can pee during this walk!

Merry Christmas to everybody!
Linde
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
My Dear Jess:
You have been on my mind today especially during this holiday season.   I am trusting that all of your problems and issues are pale in comparison to the joyous and happy times that I am wishing for you.

I hope and trust that you are finding the joy and happiness that you deserve so I am giving you my expression of the holiday season that we are now in:
wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a prosperous and Happy NEW YEAR  in 2019

Hugs and as always, Well Wishes
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on December 25, 2018, 01:55:32 PM
@Jessica
My Dear Jess:
You have been on my mind today especially during this holiday season.   I am trusting that all of your problems and issues are pale in comparison to the joyous and happy times that I am wishing for you.

I hope and trust that you are finding the joy and happiness that you deserve so I am giving you my expression of the holiday season that we are now in:
wishing you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS
and a prosperous and Happy NEW YEAR  in 2019

Hugs and as always, Well Wishes
Danielle

Dearest Northern Star*Girl, you have been on my mine also, what with you heading to your family home soon.  Much excitement and concern is running through your head.  But you will be doing a much needed thing and I am so happy for you!

My sweetie and I exchanged gifts with our grandson and son and his hon this morning.  Nice breakfast of ovo-vegetarian casserole and pumpkin pancakes.  Then off to work to save lives.  She is on her way to a friend that recently had surgery to check on a few medical issues for her at her home.  She will be home late.  The rest of the family gathered at my brothers after I had to capitulate to the fact my recent bout with health left me unable to get it all ready at our place.
Wonderful meal, exchanging gifts and pie.
My mother is spending the night.  She came this morning and relaxed in the oasis by taking a nap by the fire pit.  She was so cute.

All is well, all is bright!
Merry Christmas 🎄🎁

And remember....
There is love enough to spread to heal the sorrow, look what happened to Scrooge......

•  

Jessica

So evidently my personal view on life can be disconcerting to others that share differing thoughts.
Whereas I try to bring comfort to those that appear to have great need, no matter how I've seen how they have or have not mistreated others.  It is who I am, I can not hate.  I do have my dislikes, but I always try to turn a frown upside down.  Just a simple smile or friendly comment can have dramatic effects.  I do so with the individual in mind.  Sometimes it gets in the way of how others feel I should be..... I am my own self and I never allow my mind to be dictated by emotions of those in disagreement.  At these times I have lost friends because they are taken aback by my hopeful, friendly approach.  These are friends that I always have forgiveness for, but never get on an even keel again.  Pain goes both ways I guess.

Hugs, Jess

•  

KathyLauren

I am sorry that you have lost friends.  I don't think it is ever wrong to present a hopeful, friendly approach.  You are a positive person, and you have to be true to who you are.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Donica

We don't have to agree with others but true friends allow others to be themselves unconditionally.

Hugs Jess!
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •