Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jess’s mess

Started by Jessica, January 15, 2018, 09:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Thank you Marie Kondo!  Because of her I have a new wardrobe.....
Happily my wife is around the same size and I gained about 8 dresses, a dozen tops, 3  cute sweaters and 4 jackets.  Her pants would never fit, her legs are several inches longer than mine.
They all bring me happiness.

Now, how to make it all work.....

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica

Well friends, it looks more like empty platitudes from my running gal pal.  She evidently doesn't want to continue running together.  Whether or not it is directed towards not wanting to run with me or running in general, but I've left the door open to be friends again if she wishes. 
I'm not holding my breath.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

sarah1972

Oh No, Jessica. I am so sorry to read this post. We all have been crossing our fingers that you can patch up things with your BRF (Best Running Friend). I really hope it is just that she does not want to run but still be friends again.

Stay strong Jessica!

Hugs,

Sarah

Quote from: Jessica on March 07, 2019, 08:15:01 AM
Well friends, it looks more like empty platitudes from my running gal pal.  She evidently doesn't want to continue running together.  Whether or not it is directed towards not wanting to run with me or running in general, but I've left the door open to be friends again if she wishes. 

•  

Jessica

@sarah1972

Quote from: sarah1972 on March 07, 2019, 08:18:46 AM
Oh No, Jessica. I am so sorry to read this post. We all have been crossing our fingers that you can patch up things with your BRF (Best Running Friend). I really hope it is just that she does not want to run but still be friends again.

Stay strong Jessica!

Hugs,

Sarah

Thank you Sarah.....I'm still trying to understand why she reacted so dramatically to my insecurity in October.  It wasn't so over the top that would warrant the end of a friendship.

Like I said ...I'm not holding my breath, but it may become awkward when my wife invites her for upcoming summer parties in our oasis.

•  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I am always wishing the best for you ...  I was disheartened to read your latest report about your "running gal pal" ...
based on your previous report I know that your hopes were lifted by her apparent desire to run with you again and perhaps renew your mutual friendship.   I know that you stated that you were taking it slow with that possible progress...   

Possibly as @sarah1972 commented it could be that she just doesn't want to run???  In situations like that I do not give up easily, while I wouldn't suggest pushing your friendship on her, in your place I would still extend friendly greetings and pleasantries, perhaps with casual meetings or coffee time with some of the other running group ladies included.   She may be getting pressure from others to distance herself from you so that could be a factor as well.

Please stay positive....   when all else fails, smile, be friendly, and try to not harbor bad feelings that can be personally and mentally destructive to your own happiness and success.

As always, I am one of your biggest fans and I am always rooting for your successes in all areas in your life, with your sweetie, with your social friends and with your Forums friends.
BIG HUGS, [emoji171]
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Donica

Well, I guess that's all you can do Jess. I mean you did leave the door open. Maybe if you bumped into her one day on one of your runs? Or would that be creepy?
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica

@Alaskan Danielle  @Donica

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on March 07, 2019, 12:21:51 PM
@Jessica
Dear Jess:
I am always wishing the best for you ...  I was disheartened to read your latest report about your "running gal pal" ...
based on your previous report I know that your hopes were lifted by her apparent desire to run with you again and perhaps renew your mutual friendship.   I know that you stated that you were taking it slow with that possible progress...   

Possibly as @sarah1972 commented it could be that she just doesn't want to run???  In situations like that I do not give up easily, while I wouldn't suggest pushing your friendship on her, in your place I would still extend friendly greetings and pleasantries, perhaps with casual meetings or coffee time with some of the other running group ladies included.   She may be getting pressure from others to distance herself from you so that could be a factor as well.

Please stay positive....   when all else fails, smile, be friendly, and try to not harbor bad feelings that can be personally and mentally destructive to your own happiness and success.

As always, I am one of your biggest fans and I am always rooting for your successes in all areas in your life, with your sweetie, with your social friends and with your Forums friends.
BIG HUGS, [emoji171]
Danielle

Quote from: Donica on March 07, 2019, 05:59:15 PM
Well, I guess that's all you can do Jess. I mean you did leave the door open. Maybe if you bumped into her one day on one of your runs? Or would that be creepy?

Thank you Danielle and Donica 🌸🌸🌸
My running gal pal truly doesn't want to run, she was already hedging towards that before.  She has her own personal reasons for that.
At this point I may try asking to meet for coffee or let it go until we actually do cross paths and see what happens.
She wouldn't be getting pressure from any other gals in the running group.  One doesn't know and isn't running due to a bum knee, one other knows but is supportive of myself, and my wife has only just reunited with her.
You know me, I don't stay down long.  There is much in life that makes me smile.

Hugs and smiles, Jess

•  

LizK

I don't really understand why people do these kinds of things. What ever happened to having the courage to say what you mean and mean what you say. I think its very generous of you to "leave the door open" Shows a real strength of character that maybe your friend is missing.

LizK
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica

@LizK

Quote from: LizK on March 08, 2019, 12:35:04 AM
I don't really understand why people do these kinds of things. What ever happened to having the courage to say what you mean and mean what you say. I think its very generous of you to "leave the door open" Shows a real strength of character that maybe your friend is missing.

LizK

Liz, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.  She has other issues other than me in her life and I don't want to discount her need to do what she needs to do.
Yes I do miss her, she is still someone I consider to be a good, kind person.
If I react in the negative, negative is what I will receive.

•  

Jessica

Onward through the fog.......
My endo has finally approved a prescription for Progesterone!
My big sis showed me an article that was just published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism that supports the need for progesterone in the transition of transgender women.
That seemed to tip the scales.

Yay for me 🌸🌸🌸 Jess

•  

Donica

Quote from: Jessica on March 08, 2019, 09:36:24 AM
Onward through the fog.......
My endo has finally approved a prescription for Progesterone!
My big sis showed me an article that was just published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism that supports the need for progesterone in the transition of transgender women.
That seemed to tip the scales.

Yay for me 🌸🌸🌸 Jess

Would you share a link to that Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism article? I want to arm my self with more reasons why my Endo should prescribe Progesterone for me at my next visit with her.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: LizK on March 08, 2019, 12:35:04 AM

LizK
Women don't always handle issue in a direct fashion. They operate in a group mode instead of at a personal level. It's possible she didn't want to confront the issue. She may not have wanted to hurt Jess's feelings face to face or it may be some other reason. Because there may be some social contact in the future, it's possible that there will be more information that will tell which it is. For the moment it becomes a waiting game and it's her move.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica on March 08, 2019, 09:25:53 AM
@LizK

Liz, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.  She has other issues other than me in her life and I don't want to discount her need to do what she needs to do.
Yes I do miss her, she is still someone I consider to be a good, kind person.
If I react in the negative, negative is what I will receive.

I hope you can work it out with her...[emoji847] It clearly means a great deal to you.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Dena on March 08, 2019, 05:25:48 PM
Women don't always handle issue in a direct fashion. They operate in a group mode instead of at a personal level. It's possible she didn't want to confront the issue. She may not have wanted to hurt Jess's feelings face to face or it may be some other reason. Because there may be some social contact in the future, it's possible that there will be more information that will tell which it is. For the moment it becomes a waiting game and it's her move.

Great point Dena[emoji3]

I can see Jess is hurting I really hope you are right and she(Jess's friend) will make the next move in a positive manner.

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Thank you for your magic keyboard Danielle.
Your broken wand has been replaced by 101 keys.
Unfortunately I found some dosages in that link so I removed it, but posted the body of the message with needed edits here

Hugs and smiles, Jess

cc: @Alaskan Danielle

•  

Linde

Reading the article, I can only see that they are talking of progesterone in the presence of normal, but medically suppressed testosterone levels in trans women.  And it explains how progesterone my counter those testosterone disadvantages.  I cannot see anything about progesterone in trans women who do not have testicles anymore, and thus do not produce any significant amount of testosterone anymore.
Did I miss something in this report, or should one just draw the conclusion that we ladies, who do not sport testicles anymore, can be included into the positive effects of progesterone?
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Faith

Quote from: Dietlind on March 09, 2019, 06:56:20 AM
Reading the article, I can only see that they are talking of progesterone in the presence of normal, but medically suppressed testosterone levels in trans women.  And it explains how progesterone my counter those testosterone disadvantages.  I cannot see anything about progesterone in trans women who do not have testicles anymore, and thus do not produce any significant amount of testosterone anymore.
Did I miss something in this report, or should one just draw the conclusion that we ladies, who do not sport testicles anymore, can be included into the positive effects of progesterone?

The closest part that I read indicated daily use until orchi, then cyclic:

Quote<snip> ... I suggest that transgender women's progesterone be given daily rather than cyclically, at least until orchiectomy and always at bedtime, because of its sleep-enhancing effects ... <snip>

I may ask about a lower dosage and try again. I know my moods suffered :(
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on March 09, 2019, 07:04:55 AM
The closest part that I read indicated daily use until orchi, then cyclic:

I may ask about a lower dosage and try again. I know my moods suffered :(
Please let us know, what your doc said.  I will see my Endo in about 4 weeks, but he is so full of himself (the guy had already several write ups in the Fort Myers and Cape Coral papers as being the #1 transgender Endo in southwestern Florida) that he might not even consider this!

•  

Jessica

@Dietlind

Quote from: Dietlind on March 09, 2019, 05:18:56 PM
Please let us know, what your doc said.  I will see my Endo in about 4 weeks, but he is so full of himself (the guy had already several write ups in the Fort Myers and Cape Coral papers as being the #1 transgender Endo in southwestern Florida) that he might not even consider this!

Linde, I started a new thread called Progesterone Is Important for Transgender Women's Therapy.  Check it out....

Hugs and smiles

•  

Linde

Quote from: Jessica on March 09, 2019, 06:49:12 PM
@Dietlind

Linde, I started a new thread called Progesterone Is Important for Transgender Women's Therapy.  Check it out....

Hugs and smiles

Thanks Jessica!  I appreciate this!

•