Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

New Tops

Started by Roberta W, February 26, 2019, 03:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberta W

What made me happy today?  I got 3 nice new tops at the Dress Barn that are appropriate for this cold weather yet are "comfy" and casual.  It's always nice to have something new and nice to wear ... Tonight I'm going to a dance, so I'll wear one of these!  (Yah, that's me ... Post-op 33 years ago.  Can you believe that?)
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

SarahWithin

Quote from: Roberta W on February 26, 2019, 03:27:12 PM
What made me happy today?  I got 3 nice new tops at the Dress Barn that are appropriate for this cold weather yet are "comfy" and casual.  It's always nice to have something new and nice to wear ... Tonight I'm going to a dance, so I'll wear one of these!  (Yah, that's me ... Post-op 33 years ago.  Can you believe that?)
Incredible and wonderful!

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •  

KimOct

Roberta - 33 years ago - You Rock !!  I am amazed by those that followed this path years ago when most of us were still in hiding.  You have some serious guts lady !!   Thank you for blazing the trail.  I know you were by no means the first but you were definitely the tip of the spear.

Enjoy the dance  :)
The first transphobe you have to conquer is yourself
  •  

Linde

33 years ago I didn't even know what transgender was!  At that time I was working very hard on trying to be a real macho male dude!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Roberta W

Quote from: KimOct on February 26, 2019, 06:48:13 PM
Roberta - 33 years ago - You Rock !!  I am amazed by those that followed this path years ago when most of us were still in hiding.  You have some serious guts lady !!   Thank you for blazing the trail.  I know you were by no means the first but you were definitely the tip of the spear.

Enjoy the dance  :)

Thanks Linda & Kim ... Nice comments.  Yah, I admit it's true ... 33 years ago, 1986.  I'm really glad I did that, because it has given me decades of peace and tranquility instead of dysphoria.  There were some differences in the procedure itself back then, but I'm not complaining ... Today's "improvements" are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.  I'm more than willing to discuss all about it or answer any questions, but I'm not sure which topic area that would fit in.

Meanwhile, for this post about my new tops, I was going to paste a photo or two showing them here, but I can't figure out how to do it.  Everyone else somehow has the "magic" as there are lots of photos in these replies, but I don't have the "magic" I guess ... :-(
  •  

Roberta W

I'm ready to give it a try ... I'll attempt to post a photo of one of my new tops ...

Did that work?
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Roberta W on February 28, 2019, 02:04:16 PM
I'm ready to give it a try ... I'll attempt to post a photo of one of my new tops ...

Did that work?
Yes, it did, and you are looking good!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Roberta W

Thanks Linda ... Now I'll have to get photos of the other new tops!
  •  

Roberta W

As promised ... Another of my new tops.

•  

Jessica_K

Did that work?
That is a gorgeous colour, my favourite
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

**** No act of kindness goes unpunished ****

•  

SarahWithin

Did that work?
Yes it did. I wish I could pull off wearing yellow. You look beautiful!

Hugs x 2,
Sarah From Chitown
[emoji257]
  •