Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 27, 2018, 05:25:52 AM
Aww, please don't feel excluded.  I want all my trans friends to know you have a standing invite.  You must like big fluffy poodles though!

Bari Jo
I like to dress as a poodle if that helps, but I keep that for Wednesdays [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Megan. on January 27, 2018, 06:05:57 AM
I like to dress as a poodle if that helps, but I keep that for Wednesdays [emoji16]

Arggggg, german shepherd here......................
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

AnneK

Quote from: Cassi on January 27, 2018, 09:05:34 AM
Arggggg, german shepherd here......................

You dress as a german shepherd???   ;)
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: AnneK on January 27, 2018, 02:40:15 PM
You dress as a german shepherd???   ;)

She doesn't mean the dog either. She puts on lederhosen and carries around a crook.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Roll on January 27, 2018, 03:01:52 PM
She doesn't mean the dog either. She puts on lederhosen and carries around a crook.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on January 27, 2018, 03:01:52 PM

Yes, Elli is right. Just picture a 5' 7 1/2" inch tall blond in a leather bitching and that's me.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Cassi on January 27, 2018, 04:45:11 PM
Yes, Elli is right. Just picture a 5' 7 1/2" inch tall blond in a leather bitching and that's me.

This is now how I will forever see you in my mind.  Thanks Ellie!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 27, 2018, 06:25:03 PM

Bari Jo

Giddy up little dawggie :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Semi random thought.  I used to guage my happiness, by what I accomplished.  This nearly always would be work related.  Lately I'm noticing I'm happy also by mastering something in my transition.  Like when I found my favourite socks, learned to paint my nails correctly, brushing my hair, crossing my legs. When I catch myself doing any of these on a hundred others. I'm super happy.
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Megan.

I certainly found reassurance as I built some of those feminine skills, and also some frustration as I also failed to master others.
It is very fair to say that many women are not masters at makeup or self grooming; so if you enjoy it great, but don't hold yourself to unreachable standards either. X

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Megan. on January 28, 2018, 02:57:55 AM
I certainly found reassurance as I built some of those feminine skills, and also some frustration as I also failed to master others.
It is very fair to say that many women are not masters at makeup or self grooming; so if you enjoy it great, but don't hold yourself to unreachable standards either. X

Hah, I know exactly what you mean.  I've always lived by raising the bar continuously.  Right now the bar is pretty low on the Bari Jo feminine scale, but it'll get a little bit higher each time I raise it with some new skill.

This would be a good name for a transition blog, "Raising The Bar".

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 28, 2018, 08:17:40 AM
Hah, I know exactly what you mean.  I've always lived by raising the bar continuously.  Right now Tue bar is pretty low on the Bari Jo feminine scale, but it'll get a little bit higher each time I raise it with some new skill.

This would be a good name for a transition blog, "Raising The Bar".

I have no reservations, so I have to wait at the bar.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 27, 2018, 06:25:03 PM

Bari Jo

How are you sleeping?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Cassi on January 28, 2018, 10:26:17 AM
How are you sleeping?

Actually sleeping okay, thanks for asking.  HR did send an e-mail thanking me for including them on my journey, and they have scheduled a meeting to check-in and discuss.  I have the feeling my company has been through this many times already so they know how to handle everything.

Bari Jo

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 28, 2018, 12:56:49 PM
Actually sleeping okay, thanks for asking.  HR did send an e-mail thanking me for including them on my journey, and they have scheduled a meeting to check-in and discuss.  I have the feeling my company has been through this many times already so they know how to handle everything.

Bari Jo

Glad to hear it :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

I had lunch with my dad today.  It was food he loves, bbq, at a restaurant he's never been to.  He was really happy with the food, and in a great mood.  I was able to discuss "my problem", which he in turn asked why do I call it my problem, and we had a discussion on that.  He's trying.  I was near tears many times, especially after I dropped him off.  That lunch and discussion meant a lot to me.  He's really trying.

Bari Jo

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 28, 2018, 04:33:19 PM
I had lunch with my dad today.  It was food he loves, bbq, at a restaurant he's never been to.  He was really happy with the food, and in a great mood.  I was able to discuss "my problem", which he in turn asked why do I call it my problem, and we had a discussion on that.  He's trying.  I was near tears many times, especially after I dropped him off.  That lunch and discussion meant a lot to me.  He's really trying.

Bari Jo
Touching to hear hun, I'm glad your dad is obviously working on processing things and supporting you. X

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 28, 2018, 04:33:19 PM

Bari Jo

That makes my day. :)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Today was the day I met with HR.  I thought I'd feel weird about it, but I wasn't.  I thought for sure it would feel like I was watching it happen, but no.  I was in the moment and talked about presenting as female, using the bathrooms, going to doctors.  Speaking of.  I have been trying to work four days a week, 10 hour days.  My company won't do it, since I'd be paid overtime those days.  However they will allow me to work from home one day a week, and have me set those hours.  So that means I can have my doctors appts in the afternoons and not really miss any work since I'll start my day early in the mornings.  This means more electrolysis weekly, Yay!  I was asked about my preferred name, and they will help with name change when I want it.  I was surprised there wasn't a transition guide, since we do have 150,000 employees.  They said they would create one for my transition.  I feel fine abiut it, but also feel there's so much to do.

Bari Jo

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on January 30, 2018, 02:15:50 PM
Today was the day I met with HR.  I thought I'd feel weird about it, but I wasn't.  I thought for sure it would feel like I was watching it happen, but no.  I was in the moment and talked about presenting as female, using the bathrooms, going to doctors.  Speaking of.  I have been trying to work four days a week, 10 hour days.  My company won't do it, since I'd be paid overtime those days.  However they will allow me to work from home one day a week, and have me set those hours.  So that means I can have my doctors appts in the afternoons and not really miss any work since I'll start my day early in the mornings.  This means more electrolysis weekly, Yay!  I was asked about my preferred name, and they will help with name change when I want it.  I was surprised there wasn't a transition guide, since we do have 150,000 employees.  They said they would create one for my transition.  I feel fine abiut it, but also feel there's so much to do.

Bari Jo

Wow! I don't see how it could have gone much better. Congratulations!

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •