Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 10, 2018, 07:56:13 AM
You said my magic word.  I always wanted to be a pixie:)  I'm no genius with eyeliner.  I actually use very little and bed it in.  Every time I try and push the makeup for glamour I fail miserably.  I only do subtle subtle subtle now!
OMG your hair is so long.  So jealous.  Did that take years?

Bari Jo

I do minimal makeup, my new avatar is no makeup,  just tinted lashes and brows. For work I put on some foundation,  a little blusher and lipstick,  that's it, never more. [emoji5]

It's been 22 months since they shaved my head for the transplants. I get it cut every 6 weeks,  but usually only triming the ends.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Faith

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 10, 2018, 01:05:03 AM
Hmm, I'm experimenting with makeup.  The beard is still too thick, but I'm getting closer to swapping my avatar.  I can't wait to restore my hairline!

Bari Jo

What do you think?  I updated the picts with one with a better smile.  Wow a smile really helps.

There she is, Bari Jo is shining through. It's about time to replace that avatar!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Bari Jo

Thanks Faith, maybe might wait a bit longer.  22 months Megan!  I'm going in to get my hair restored very soon, and I will lose all this nice hair for a bit:(

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

bobbisue

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 10, 2018, 01:05:03 AM
Hmm, I'm experimenting with makeup.  The beard is still too thick, but I'm getting closer to swapping my avatar.  I can't wait to restore my hairline!

Bari Jo

What do you think?  I updated the picts with one with a better smile.  Wow a smile really helps.
Wow girl you look great I would be jealous but I try to avoid that too negative but envy! that I can do, you are on your way look out world here comes a blonde bombshell
   by the way my hair in my avatar took 15 months from a buzz cut and bald patches with finasteride and minoxidil

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Bari Jo

Thanks, this is really a confidence boost and knowledge gained.  A smile and makeup really makes the difference.   Without either one, I am gendered male by that stupid how-old.net site.  If I change a bit more so I'm gendered female without makeup, I'll be smiling all the time!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Roll

I'm not looking forward to the hair restoration shedding and regrowth at all either. ;/

But more importantly... YOUR CONFIDENCE LEVEL!!! Just think how far you've come on confidence by posting this pic, and it is well deserved confidence! I've always believed you had such wonderful potential, and this picture definitely shows that!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Thanks Ellie, yes it really is a boost.  I remember six months ago I was in such a lull since the camera wasn't seeing me as I see me, now I'm starting to show.  It's wonderful!

Bari Jo

•  

Bari Jo

Alright I changed it.  I'm scared to think what others see, but excited that I feel like me.

Bari Jo

•  

Allison S

Bari Jo! It's incredible how feminine your face is already! I think the makeup you do suits you I really like it.

I'm taking steps too most recently and I think this shows dedication. Summer will be here before we know it!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

Thank you Allison.  It's really coming together for me, and I couldn't be more happy or more surprised.

For new news.  I went to the dry cleaners to pick up a suit I dropped off in November.  I gave my dead name. And the clerk couldn't find it.  He asked if I was sure I brought it there since he's never seen me before.  I have been going there years, so that made me a bit happy.  Then I was realizing he lost my one suit I saved, my one good black suit.  The one I paid a lot for.  I started to be mad.  Then I realized I didn't EVER want to wear that again.  That made me oddly calm.  I told the clerk I would go home and look for the ticket already resigning myself mentally it was gone forever.  Then that afternoon, I was getting a huge closetful of clothes for goodwill basically all black clothes that I won't ever wear.  The black suit was in my closet.  I had already picked it up, maybe months ago.  I didn't remember.  And I oddly don't even want it.  I didn't send to goodwill, but I should have.

What a weird crazy ride of emotions in such a short time.

Bari Jo

•  

Jessica

Love your new avatar Bari Jo.  It's a great feeling to feel comfortable enough to post your actual self.  You are beautiful and I'm glad you have opened up to us with your trust that you have for all of us!

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Jessica on February 11, 2018, 03:07:24 PM
Love your new avatar Bari Jo.  It's a great feeling to feel comfortable enough to post your actual self.  You are beautiful and I'm glad you have opened up to us with your trust that you have for all of us!

Thank Jessica.  I feel like I'm following you in your footsteps.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself,so yes we really are doing this!

And less then steller news...

I tore a nail today, on of all things a tea infuser.  I was squeezing the handle of one to open it and somehow caught the nail on it.  It tore from the middle of the nail, so let's just say it's very ugly, but surprisingly not painful.  Still though I got a little choked up.  My nails is one of my favorite things I love about myself physically, so when this happens, sad face.

I'm wondering if the tea infuser was getting revenge on me, since I am replacing it with a new infuser/thermos all in one.  I hear they are vindictive, those little devils.

Bari Jo

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 12, 2018, 08:21:38 PM
Thank Jessica.  I feel like I'm following you in your footsteps.  Sometimes I have to pinch myself,so yes we really are doing this!

I tore a nail today, on of all things a tea infuser.  I was squeezing the handle of one to open it and somehow caught the nail on it.  It tore from the middle of the nail, so let's just say it's very ugly, but surprisingly not painful.  Still though I got a little choked up.  My nails is one of my favorite things I love about myself physically, so when this happens, sad face.

I'm wondering if the tea infuser was getting revenge on me, since I am replacing it with a new infuser/thermos all in one.  I hear they are vindictive, those little devils.

Bari Jo

Only tea kettles get mad and attack their users.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 12, 2018, 08:21:38 PM

Bari Jo

I've been getting my nails done with powder dip, successive layers of polish and a powder.  They are quite hard, but I needed to trim my fret fingers and they slightly shattered.  I should have gone in to the salon. 🙇‍♀️

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Jessica on February 12, 2018, 11:03:24 PM
I've been getting my nails done with powder dip, successive layers of polish and a powder.  They are quite hard, but I needed to trim my fret fingers and they slightly shattered.  I should have gone in to the salon. 🙇‍♀️

Yes Jess:) I know I should get them done professionally with the hard stuff, but I really like doing them myself.  It's a little feminine ritual.  However,,that's maybe I can go to the salon, find out how theyare doing it.  Then practice at home.

And Cassie, the infuser is in league with the kettle!

Bari Jo

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 12, 2018, 11:29:31 PM
Yes Jess:) I know I should get them done professionally with the hard stuff, but I really like doing them myself.  It's a little feminine ritual.  However,,that's maybe I can go to the salon, find out how theyare doing it.  Then practice at home.

And Cassie, the infuser is in league with the kettle!

Bari Jo

I've been going to the salon with my wife and another girlfriend for a while now. 
I feel like such a girl getting my nails done, chatting about stuff guys don't talk about.

•  

Bari Jo

I got some good news from work yesterday and today.  I had put in for working four ten hour days a week.  This was turned down almost immediately.  Instead I was offered working from home one day a week, and I could set the hours.  That was approved yesterday.  Today I let all the producers know that I work with.  I got nothing but support, and some people saying they are worried for me.  I'm just saying its for health reasons, which is true.  All my Dr appointments will now happen on that day.  Plus more electrolysis, Yay!

I'm super happy this is going into effect.

Bari Jo

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on February 13, 2018, 11:27:57 PM
I got some good news from work yesterday and today.  I had put in for working four ten hour days a week.  This was turned down almost immediately.  Instead I was offered working from home one day a week, and I could set the hours.  That was approved yesterday.  Today I let all the producers know that I work with.  I got nothing but support, and some people saying they are worried for me.  I'm just saying its for health reasons, which is true.  All my Dr appointments will now happen on that day.  Plus more electrolysis, Yay!

I'm super happy this is going into effect.

Bari Jo

Great news!!
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Today is my first Valentine's Day after I accepted myself.  I'm surprised by the feeling of sadness.  All my life I have sequestered myself away from companionship, love, anything since I was so uncomfortable with myself. This year seeing all the love from couples, I actually feel sadness. I'm realizing I had to learn to accept and love myself before I could accept love from another or give love. I feel that now.  On a day like today it sucks, but it's a reminder that I am more healthy than I was before.  I'm hoping soon, I will be able to love another, crush on someone and let them love me too.

Bari Jo

•  

Jessica

Happy Valentine's Day Bari Jo!
💕💕💕💕💕💕💕
Hugs and squeezes, Jess

•