Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

I honestly feel that he's trying to connect with you and your changing is hard for anyone who's not into the "know" of what is the drive behind that need.

Wouldn't be worse if he just shut you off?

I'd give him an A+ for trying.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Alright, so my little freak-out and tears afterwards were unwarranted.  He genuinely didn't know it was anti trans.  I also pitched a support group for parents of trans children.  He said he would like to attend.  I can't tell you how much better I feel about this day now.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 03, 2018, 09:34:51 PM
Alright, so my little freak-out and tears afterwards were unwarranted.  He genuinely didn't know it was anti trans.  I also pitched a support group for parents of trans children.  He said he would like to attend.  I can't tell you how much better I feel about this day now.

Bari Jo

Wow I think that's amazing! So supportive.. I wish I had that. Consider yourself a lucky girl [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Cassi

Great!  Conclusion Jumping is not the greatest sport >:-)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

I sent my dad and email last night thanking him for being willing to attend the parents meeting.  I got such a nice email of support this morning.  I cried a little and feel like one lucky blessed girl now.  I'm including the note here for me to look back on fondly, especially after the ups and downs.

Bari Jo

I think you misunderstand me. I don't want to go to the parents' meeting for me. I know how I feel. It's for you. To see if there is anything I can do to help or make your transition any easier. I don't care if you turn into a vampire, a werewolf, a zebra or anything else. You are still the person I am proud of. There is one word that keeps coming to me from your uncles, aunts, cousins and friends and even your sister. Barry(Bari) is a genius. I have recognized this myself for I don't understand half of your discussions or projects that you tell me about. You had the courage and intellect to teach yourself and then to pursue and accomplish in life those things that made you fulfilled and happy. I tried once but didn't have the courage to really complete. Don't get me wrong, I like medicine and surgery and as time went on, I found I did have a peculiar talent for it. Made my parents happy although I still think my major interest was elsewhere. I think it's difficult for each of us to communicate our feelings face to face but know that I'm proud of your life, accomplishments, courage, and decisions and will always love and be here for you.

Dad
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Sarah_P

OMG, that is so sweet! I can't even imagine what it's like having such a wonderful father.
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 04, 2018, 12:38:12 PM
I sent my dad and email last night thanking him for being willing to attend the parents meeting.  I got such a nice email of support this morning.  I cried a little and feel like one lucky blessed girl now.  I'm including the note here for me to look back on fondly, especially after the ups and downs.

Bari Jo

I think you misunderstand me. I don't want to go to the parents' meeting for me. I know how I feel. It's for you. To see if there is anything I can do to help or make your transition any easier. I don't care if you turn into a vampire, a werewolf, a zebra or anything else. You are still the person I am proud of. There is one word that keeps coming to me from your uncles, aunts, cousins and friends and even your sister. Barry(Bari) is a genius. I have recognized this myself for I don't understand half of your discussions or projects that you tell me about. You had the courage and intellect to teach yourself and then to pursue and accomplish in life those things that made you fulfilled and happy. I tried once but didn't have the courage to really complete. Don't get me wrong, I like medicine and surgery and as time went on, I found I did have a peculiar talent for it. Made my parents happy although I still think my major interest was elsewhere. I think it's difficult for each of us to communicate our feelings face to face but know that I'm proud of your life, accomplishments, courage, and decisions and will always love and be here for you.

Dad
Bari Jo, your Dad is awesome. I'm crying too

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Sarah_P on March 04, 2018, 01:12:25 PM
OMG, that is so sweet! I can't even imagine what it's like having such a wonderful father.
I can't either. That was so sweet [emoji24]

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 04, 2018, 12:38:12 PM

Bari Jo

Dad

Wow, I see my own dad so much in that it is uncanny. I'm so glad he found the will to say those things outright!! :)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

I received a nice visit from Laurie this morning.  Apparently she was too kind and wanting me to have my beauty sleep rather than wake me up in the morning.  Little did she know I was worried about her, and couldn't sleep.  I thought she was lost or worse...  Still though we were able to have breakfast, lunch, have her sit through a morning of my work,  we had great conversations.  It's nice to see some well adjusted ladies out there.  My support groups sometimes she full of people with drama and crisis, it's crazy.  Oh, Fanta loved her too.  Here's a picture of us on a couch in my home office.

It's a reminder how far I have to go, she's gendered correctly, I'm not in this picture.  Oh, can we speed up time please?

Bari Jo

PS. I'm realizing I love having visitor.  Thanks Laurie for reminding me its enjoyable for human interaction!  This is an invite folks:)

•  

Jessica

Great picture of the two of you.  Laurie worries me too, but for other reasons.  If you could open her kryptonite box and get the pretty bracelet out and slip it on her.  She discovered it was a tracking device and hid it away!

Have fun! Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica on March 07, 2018, 05:50:55 PM
Great picture of the two of you.  Laurie worries me too, but for other reasons.  If you could open her kryptonite box and get the pretty bracelet out and slip it on her.  She discovered it was a tracking device and hid it away!

Have fun! Jess

Yes, I now have no idea where she is for the tracking map. At this point the next victim on her list will have no warning.

I get the impression it's too late, and she has escaped before Bari Jo could get the knots tight enough. But for the next person, in the bottom of that kryptonite box there is a hidden slide-out drawer that contains a heart-shaped pin with a little airplane on it. I see that she is not wearing it. Get it out and "accidentally" poke her with it while making her wear it. It contains a serum that suppresses the urge to put people on fridges. You'll thank me for that later.

- Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Steph2.0 on March 08, 2018, 12:43:42 AM
Yes, I now have no idea where she is for the tracking map. At this point the next victim on her list will have no warning.

I get the impression it's too late, and she has escaped before Bari Jo could get the knots tight enough. But for the next person, in the bottom of that kryptonite box there is a hidden slide-out drawer that contains a heart-shaped pin with a little airplane on it. I see that she is not wearing it. Get it out and "accidentally" poke her with it while making her wear it. It contains a serum that suppresses the urge to put people on fridges. You'll thank me for that later.

- Stephanie

Maybe she went to Tijuana?  Only about an hour and a half from Santa Ana?

Unless????????????????????????????????????????/

Bari Jo kept her and locked her in her closet hoping we'd forget about her?
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Cassi on March 08, 2018, 01:35:42 AM
Maybe she went to Tijuana?  Only about an hour and a half from Santa Ana?

Unless????????????????????????????????????????/

Bari Jo kept her and locked her in her closet hoping we'd forget about her?

Yessss, things have gone mysteriously quiet. I picture a scenario where in 10 years someone hears a mewing sound from inside a video game console, and we'll find what's left of a Laurie in there, with her truck keys gripped tightly in her hand. Bari Jo, it is required to feed her well. Michelle set the precedent.

Stephanie

•  

Bari Jo

Hah, thanks for the concern, we ate well, Mexican from my favorite dive around the corner and Chinese.  Fanta stretched out in Laurie's lap while she finished Chinese too.  He must have really liked her.

Things got quiet because I go to sleep by 10, since I wake up so early for work.  2 hour commute each way!  I'm sure Laurie will pipe in on her thread soon:)

Bari Jo

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Cassi on March 08, 2018, 01:35:42 AM
Maybe she went to Tijuana?

Uh oh. Has anyone gotten a PM from @Laurie like this?

- Stephanie

•  

Bari Jo

I'm realizing I am a sensitive and emotional person.  In teasing in growing up, I remember sobbing uncontrollably over a popped balloon.  I think I was 16 at the time too.  Since then I've shied away from confrontation and groups that have a lot of teasing in them, even good natured teasing.  This is true to this day, even here on Susan's.  I find those threads intimidating and I know since inside I'm still a fragile little girl, the wrong thing will give me tears.  It's also made my confidence a wreck and given me trust issues.  This is something I need to work on and seek therapy for.  Admitting it is my first step.

Bari Jo

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 08, 2018, 01:59:36 PM
I'm realizing I am a sensitive and emotional person.  In teasing in growing up, I remember sobbing uncontrollably over a popped balloon.  I think I was 16 at the time too.  Since then I've shied away from confrontation and groups that have a lot of teasing in them, even good natured teasing.  This is true to this day, even here on Susan's.  I find those threads intimidating and I know since inside I'm still a fragile little girl, the wrong thing will give me tears.  It's also made my confidence a wreck and given me trust issues.  This is something I need to work on and seek therapy for.  Admitting it is my first step.

Bari Jo

{((((hugs and squeeze))))}

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Bari Jo

Hello folks, I'm noticing this week I'm feeling more vulnerable and prone to emotion than usual.  My hormone levels are fine, but I'm finding myself tearing up when people mention pets, grandparents, playful teasing, paying me compliments.  I almost feel like I need to be sheltered or taken care of.  It's a weird feeling that I'm not used to.  I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad, but I am, or have always been self sufficient.  Now I find that I need somebody to care for me.  I feel either like a child or pet.  I would say girl, but didn't want to diminish anyone else's definition of the subject.  I think if I did get caring attention while feeling this way, it would make me insanely happy and that would be a cycle to remain in this mentality, like an addiction.  I'm probably over thinking my transition.  This is what I do, part of that INTP personality type.  Do others feel as I do?  I can easily see falling for someone that cares for me right now.

Bari Jo

•  

Allison S

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 09, 2018, 09:46:19 PM
Hello folks, I'm noticing this week I'm feeling more vulnerable and prone to emotion than usual.  My hormone levels are fine, but I'm finding myself tearing up when people mention pets, grandparents, playful teasing, paying me compliments.  I almost feel like I need to be sheltered or taken care of.  It's a weird feeling that I'm not used to.  I wouldn't necessarily say it's bad, but I am, or have always been self sufficient.  Now I find that I need somebody to care for me.  I feel either like a child or pet.  I would say girl, but didn't want to diminish anyone else's definition of the subject.  I think if I did get caring attention while feeling this way, it would make me insanely happy and that would be a cycle to remain in this mentality, like an addiction.  I'm probably over thinking my transition.  This is what I do, part of that INTP personality type.  Do others feel as I do?  I can easily see falling for someone that cares for me right now.

Bari Jo
Yes!! A million times I feel, have felt this way. I think for me it could be growing comfort in myself and wanting to let someone in. We should feel taken care of!

•