Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan.

Yays, another step taken. Good neighbours are an underestimated source of support and potential girly shopping! [emoji3]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Sarah_P

Congratulations Bari Jo!
--Sarah P

There's a world out there, just waiting
If you only let go what's inside
Live every moment, give it your all, enjoy the ride
- Stan Bush, The Journey

•  

ToriJo

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 25, 2018, 11:47:29 PM
Another hurdle has come and gone.  I am now out to my neighbors.  I came out at a cocktail party at my gallery.  Everybody came and I was able to get the words out.  It was hard and there were tears, then hugs, then support.  Even those that are deeply religious are supporting me.  A couple were a little surprised, but none were shocked.  I had been wearing makeup and dressing a bit femme for about a year.  It feels good and a little surreal at the moment.  This time a year ago there's no way I would have guessed I would be here now, but it feels good.  I must be doing something right too since every coming out has been positive.  I hope this continues.

Bari Jo

So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what I've really embraced lately? Despite a lot of the crap out there, the world is a pretty great place at the end of the day. There are jerks, but by and large, most people who know you either support you outright or at least don't care either way.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cassi

Quote from: Roll on March 26, 2018, 07:48:53 PM
So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know what I've really embraced lately? Despite a lot of the crap out there, the world is a pretty great place at the end of the day. There are jerks, but by and large, most people who know you either support you outright or at least don't care either way.

My daughter keeps saying the same thing - people don't care.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Bari Jo

We are really lucky living in accepting cultures and during accepting times.  Even the state I'm in, liberal California it was once illegal to wear clothes that people perceived were different than your assigned gender at birth.

Today is a new adventure.  Lately it feels like I've stepped on the gas in transition.  Today is my trip to Mexico City to see the hair faerries and to also enjoy rest with relatives.  I hope to post happy results in six months time.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 27, 2018, 09:29:15 AM
We are really lucky living in accepting cultures and during accepting times.  Even the state I'm in, liberal California it was once illegal to wear clothes that people perceived were different than your assigned gender at birth.

Today is a new adventure.  Lately it feels like I've stepped on the gas in transition.  Today is my trip to Mexico City to see the hair faerries and to also enjoy rest with relatives.  I hope to post happy results in six months time.

Bari Jo

Good luck Bari Jo!

Hugging you tight, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Megan.

Good luck hun, hope it goes well. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Allison S

Good luck! I can't wait for 6 months time update

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Bari Jo

I'm writing today's update from the lobby of the hair restoration clinic. Originally I was going to have this done in the states, but a relative reminded me I know people in Mexico.  I reached out and had a friend do a little research for me and book and reserve the appt. This place does not do the strip method, but their hair count was about 20% higher than the place I was going to go to in the states.  The facility is amazingly modern, even having robots to extract the follicles if you want.  I did not opt for that.  While waiting I wondered if they get any famous people here.  Not a minute later two really good looking actors came in.  They were both six five plus super muscular, perfect skin and teeth.  They were exactly what I am not.  I felt so fragile and girly next to them. I talked to the big one too, and I think he put in some extra smiles and flexes just for me.

Anyway, back to the treatments, they were very professional.  The chief of the clinic drew my hairline and literally had about 20 staff watching and taking notes.  Evidently a transgender person is not their usual client.  They always called me Bari Jo, but did mess up pronouns a couple times.  Oh well, I was still happy with their professionalism.

This does hurt Btw, but only when they give the anesthetic shots or work in an area just outside of what's numbed.  1/2 way though getting the implants I asked to use the restroom and I looked so weird with a shaved head.  I did have a little trickle of red though which scared me at first, but it was mainly water.  They constantly sponge you down.

After the procedure they led me to the hyperbaric chamber for my first of four healing sessions.  The pain was gone literally within minutes.  Plus I got to watch Netflix through the glass of the chamber.

I realize not everybody has the option to have a procedure done outside the USA, and I feel blessed.  For those that do, I would advise a local guide. Very few people spoke English.  My doctor did.  I know people want to know hair count, 4900 and price, let's just say 1/3 of what I was quoted in the states and that was the strip method.  No strip scar for this girl.

So far, very happy.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Jayne01

Very happy for you Bari Jo. I hope you get the results you are wishing for.

Jayne
  •  

Bari Jo

I'm continuing my little story so I can look back and remember some odd fond moments.  My host had made a reservation at a nice restaurant for Sat, and I brought zero nice clothes for me on this trip.  I think she purposely didn't tell me so I had to go shopping.  Well, no way was I going to buy some nice masculine outfit that I would never wear again.  My goal then was to go very strong into andro and leaning toward girly.  I learned I'm a size 8 ladies pants perfect length too, and the jacket I chose was just the right amount of femme, size L in ladies BTW..  I could wear it otherwise with jeans too.  The shirt was a purple T-shirt.  I'm doing this shopping the day after my hair procedure, so I know I look odd, but still was asked if I wanted men's or ladies clothes by the sales lady.  Just after i paid for my purchase I was hit on by a man.  I'm here full of hair implant bruising, no makeup, but it was that which was his way into a conversation.  Apparently he's had the same procedure years before.  I really hope when I heal and do grow out hair, I will still attract the men.  Before anyone asks, this man was gay, I have no doubt, so I probably give off the gay femme man vibe atm.

Bari Jo

•  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 30, 2018, 04:21:52 AM
I'm continuing my little story so I can look back and remember some odd fond moments.  My host had made a reservation at a nice restaurant for Sat, and I brought zero nice clothes for me on this trip.  I think she purposely didn't tell me so I had to go shopping.  Well, no way was I going to buy some nice masculine outfit that I would never wear again.  My goal then was to go very strong into andro and leaning toward girly.  I learned I'm a size 8 ladies pants perfect length too, and the jacket I chose was just the right amount of femme, size L in ladies BTW..  I could wear it otherwise with jeans too.  The shirt was a purple T-shirt.  I'm doing this shopping the day after my hair procedure, so I know I look odd, but still was asked if I wanted men's or ladies clothes by the sales lady.  Just after i paid for my purchase I was hit on by a man.  I'm here full of hair implant bruising, no makeup, but it was that which was his way into a conversation.  Apparently he's had the same procedure years before.  I really hope when I heal and do grow out hair, I will still attract the men.  Before anyone asks, this man was gay, I have no doubt, so I probably give off the gay femme man vibe atm.

Bari Jo

You are going to have plenty of straight guys hit on you, and you have to believe me because I am a time traveler from the future. I know things. And one of the things I know, you're gonna be a star. .... Sorry I'm in a weird mood tonight, really out of it from downing a ton of nyquil a bit ago. But point still stands!
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on March 30, 2018, 09:17:25 PM
You are going to have plenty of straight guys hit on you, and you have to believe me because I am a time traveler from the future. I know things. And one of the things I know, you're gonna be a star. .... Sorry I'm in a weird mood tonight, really out of it from downing a ton of nyquil a bit ago. But point still stands!

Hah, I feel like that is a movie quote, but can't place it.  I hope both of us get our fill of straight men:)

Bari Jo

•  

Bari Jo

Tonight I'm wearing that outfit out to dinner.  I applied makeup myself and then added lipstick from pretty makeup, since I forgot it for this pict, but this is all me.  I'm wearing a hat since I'm shaved bald with the hair restoration.  Ill keep this photo as my avatar for a while I think.

Bari Jo

•  

LizK

Hi Bari jo

So glad to hear your hair restoration went well. I had strip from the back of my head to do my hair restoration and I am really happy with the results. I can't imagine being awake for the procedure as I would think that would be very uncomfortable. But then again, you seem really happy with the way things went and that is all that counts. I hope you get a great result and the hair you are after... 4500 grafts is a lot so you should have a nice result.

take care

Liz

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ToriJo

You're definitely looking good!  I'm impressed!
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Bari Jo on March 30, 2018, 11:55:33 PM
I hope both of us get our fill of straight men:)

I see what you did there! ... Or at least that is where brain went.  >:-)
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Quick update on me.  I had my checkout and final hyperbaric healing session today for the hair restoration.  It's really healing well, and it's dense!  However, over the next few months the hair will fall out then regrow, so I won't see the final result for many months to come.  The steps now are basically very light on exercise, so no DDR.  Shampoo with the hair loss shampoo, and avoid the sun.  All doable.

I've been scared that the restoration isn't enough, but I'll have to figure that out with time.

Bari Jo

•  

Allison S

Why do you think it's not enough?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•