Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bari Jo

Quote from: Laurie on July 15, 2018, 08:31:11 PM
you are doing well Hun, you just keep it up. Give Fanta a petting and hug from me will ya?

Hugs,
   Laurie

Hi Laurie, yes I really am.  It takes work, but work I'm happy to put in. Fanta loved the extra pets from you. For others, Fanta is my red standard poodle.  About 7 months ago I had a scare with him health wise, but he's all better now.

Jayne, if course I will post a picture with the new hair!! Alison, unfortunately AI and most people still see male.  If I really work on the makeup, AI sees me as female.  So that's my new goal.  Judi, I'm a hippie chic?  I do love the look.  I'm so enjoying developing the Bari Jo style.  I went shopping and bought more embroidered clothes and ladies sneakers.  It is really helping with my perception of myself and others of me.

Oh, if girls are interested, ladies jeans are awesome in their cut and fit.  However, if they don't have a bit of embroidery of glam on them the average person will think they are still men's jeans.  So now, it's Miss Me and Grace in LA instead of Levi's and Lee.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Bari Jo

Today I learned the phrases.  "Your shirt has darts and you have boobs.  People will notice that.". Predictably, I then had the biggest smile on my face!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 17, 2018, 05:08:44 PM
Today I learned the phrases.  "Your shirt has darts and you have boobs.  People will notice that.". Predictably, I then had the biggest smile on my face!

Bari Jo

@Bari Jo    That is a very cute and most happy report.... yes, darts indeed.  ... and the boobs, yes people will indeed notice that also.  Then the skirt, the shoes, your hair style, makeup, toe and finger nails polished, etc, etc.   Lots to do to get ready to go out, even for a casual event.

I am really enjoying following your journey, it just keeps getting better and better.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Sonja

@Bari Jo  Hey Looking great! Can't wait to see your new hair colour when it gets done _ I LOVE coloured hair! and I adore those jeans you're wearing in your photo - Cute!

Sonja.
  •  

Allison S

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on July 17, 2018, 06:45:34 PM
@Bari Jo  

I am really enjoying following your journey, it just keeps getting better and better.

Hugs,
Danielle

Same! I'm one of Bari Jo's loyal groupie lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 17, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

Bari Jo

As you should  ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Bari Jo

Thanks everybody, I've been such a wall flower my whole adult life, reading these comments warms my heart greatly. I've mentioned before that I do read a lot of people's posts,  but find it difficult to respond to threads when there's already a dynamic there.  It's like listening in at the group of cool girls talking and joking, but not finding the nerve to join in.  Anyway, thank you for being my cool girls:)

Bari Jo

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 19, 2018, 08:27:32 AM
Thanks everybody, I've been such a wall flower my whole adult life, reading these comments warms my heart greatly. I've mentioned before that I do read a lot of people's posts,  but find it difficult to respond to threads when there's already a dynamic there.  It's like listening in at the group of cool girls talking and joking, but not finding the nerve to join in.  Anyway, thank you for being my cool girls:)

Hi Bari Jo,

I'm still here, though I don't say too much. I've been watching your progress and take a lot of joy watching you grow. You're doing great!

I thought of you the other day when this storefront caught my eye as I was on my way to a friends place. It's a pretty cool thing you do...

http://www.pinball-restorations.com

Keep on keepin' on!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

It's like listening in at the group of cool girls talking and joking, but not finding the nerve to join in.
Hun, you are one of the cool girls.  I try to read everyone's threads, but there's just so many of them that I don't always have time to comment.  I love reading about your progress!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: KathyLauren on July 19, 2018, 09:20:13 AM
Hun, you are one of the cool girls.

Oh, excellent, point, Kathy! Bari Jo, there is always a spot held open for you in the cool girl's group. They're always waiting for you to join in. Maybe someday I'll get a slot, too!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

LizK

Sometimes its hard to comment on all the threads I read so I wouldn't be too concerned about that...so it looks like you just joined the cool girls group....congrats LOL
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Roll

Bari Jo

I have brought you up when speaking with family a few times (mostly my sister) and it always ends with "she is my hero!". You have done some truly awesome things, you are the coolest girl I know and I'm not just saying that.

Hey, even just in general, we're the transgender nerdy girls, in terms of cool we're about as in as can be right know! ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Roll on July 21, 2018, 07:36:21 AM
I have brought you up when speaking with family a few times (mostly my sister) and it always ends with "she is my hero!". You have done some truly awesome things, you are the coolest girl I know and I'm not just saying that.

Hey, even just in general, we're the transgender nerdy girls, in terms of cool we're about as in as can be right know! ;D

This has warmed my heart like no other quote.  Thank you Ellie.  You have no idea what this does to my confidence.

Bari Jo

•  

Jessica

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 19, 2018, 10:37:27 PM
Sometimes its hard to comment on all the threads I read so I wouldn't be too concerned about that...so it looks like you just joined the cool girls group....congrats LOL

In truth Liz, Bari Jo has been part of that group for a long while!

Hugs, Jess 🌸🌸🌸

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Bari Jo

I thought I'd post one last picture of me with the drab grey.  This is me at the women's pinball league with the one girl I hit it off with best.  I wear the hat to hide the short grey but next weekend it gets colored, yay!

Anyway, this is me no image modification.  I'm slowly becoming the girl I am inside.  Finally!

•  

LizK

It is so good to hear the satisfaction in your writings...its clear that what you are doing is really making you happy and a big difference in your life.

Take care

Liz

HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 21, 2018, 04:48:54 PM
I thought I'd post one last picture of me with the drab grey.  This is me at the women's pinball league with the one girl I hit it off with best.  I wear the hat to hide the short grey but next weekend it gets colored, yay!

Anyway, this is me no image modification.  I'm slowly becoming the girl I am inside.  Finally!

@Bari Jo .... great photo of you and your blue haired friend...
...may I ask what color for your hair are you going to choose for your own hair? 

It is certainly a nice feeling to confidently post pictures of yourself without any image modification....  it demonstrates your self-assurance.

Once you get your hair colored, you obviously will post a picture... right???
Thanks for sharing your life with all of us.

Hugs and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Bari Jo, Just look at that smile!  You are way beyond being one of the cool girls.  You are LA Cool!   Is that a cup of iced coffee? 
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Bari Jo

Hi Judi, thanks i love that you think I'm LA cool:).

Liz, I really am doing things that make me happy.  I love when I see a genuine smile now.  Before I came out, I couldn't even fake a snile anymore.  Now, I do love life and even beginning to love myself.

Danielle, I'm leaving it up to my stylist, but she told my her favorite color for me at the moment is sparkling rose.  I took a pict of the color and bought nail polish to match.  Yes, I am that kind of girl:)

I can't wait till next week!

Bari Jo

•  

Bari Jo

Today was a fun day.  I was completely absorbed by busy work.  But I was interrupted by my favorite producer who entered my office and closed the door.  She gave me a gift which I gleefully unwrapped.  Inside was Fanta lip gloss.  What a silly gift, but perfect gift for a girly girl like me, I love it.  We hugged and returned to work:)

Later on I left my office and returned to find a new safety Helmut with my name on it waiting for me on my chair. I had a dream about six months ago about being given a new Helmut during a dept meeting.  I awoke crying, but now this one is real, I love it.  Here's a pict.

Bari Jo

•