Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Bari Jo's Corner

Started by Bari Jo, January 16, 2018, 10:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allison S

Aw how cute Bari Jo [emoji7] I love the safety Helmut with you're name on it!! Really cool

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

MaryT

I also like your Helmut although I hoped he would be taller.
  •  

Bari Jo

Apparently I am getting more brazen with my transition.  I got a call from my trade union, apparently I'm delinquent in dues.  I squared them over the phone, then asked if they could send me a new card with Bari Jo on it.  I did this on the phone within earshot of all my coworkers.  Eef!  Well, I'm not exactly hiding anything:)

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 25, 2018, 03:17:42 PM
Apparently I am getting more brazen with my transition.  I got a call from my trade union, apparently I'm delinquent in dues.  I squared them over the phone, then asked if they could send me a new card with Bari Jo on it.  I did this on the phone within earshot of all my coworkers.  Eef!  Well, I'm not exactly hiding anything:)

Bari Jo

@Bari Jo
Way to go....
...as time goes on self-confidence and self-assurance become your mode of operation!!!!
Thanks for posting your good report.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Roll

Bari Jo

Nice! ;D

Progress on names I think is probably the biggest indicator of progress in self recognition there is. I've been really feeling it lately having to use male name for anything (lot of legal paperwork) personally and a few times I found myself accidentally deadnaming myself when put on the spot with food orders (always seems to be food orders) and feeling like crap about it after.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

sarah1972

I am so happy to read your last few posts. I remember you being very nervous about work and coming out. Seeing you getting a new helmet and other "girly" gifts show how much people are accepting you. I like the helmet a lot, it looks very girly!

Yeah!!!

Congratulations!!

Hugs,

Sarah

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Great news Bari Jo!  One more step forward.

Ellie, you wrote "I found myself accidentally deadnaming myself when put on the spot..."   This will eventually end as you become more comfortable and your past fades in the rear view mirror. 

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Bari Jo
Good on you Bari Jo great to see that confidence. Each small step is one step closer....

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Bari Jo

As promised, I wanted to show pictures with my colored hair.  You can see how short it is still.  I can't wait for it to grow out, it's sooo slow. These pictures are all gendering wrong, grr, but at least I do look a bit more femme.  My stylist did this for me free even.  She told me she wanted me to have a perfect birthday weekend and pride weekend.  This made me cry happy tears immediately and we had to check my makeup again with giggles.  Without further ado, here I am.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Sonja

@Bari Jo
Looking great - I am a huge fan of pink hair!! I love it!
Also that last photo is really, really nice, all 3 of you smiling and looking so happy!

Sonja.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 28, 2018, 08:46:46 PM
As promised, I wanted to show pictures with my colored hair.  You can see how short it is still.  I can't wait for it to grow out, it's sooo slow. These pictures are all gendering wrong, grr, but at least I do look a bit more femme.  My stylist did this for me free even.  She told me she wanted me to have a perfect birthday weekend and pride weekend.  This made me cry happy tears immediately and we had to check my makeup again with giggles.  Without further ado, here I am.

Bari Jo

@Bari Jo    
Wowzers.... I remember you telling us that you were going to color your hair, but my goodness, your stylist did an amazing job, the pastel pink is a very nice choice and not over-the-top....  and the style itself, although short, is very feminine...  the sides and the back are indeed a very feminine style ....  you should have no complaint about not looking femme ....  in my opinion you look absolutely wonderful, happy and very femme in your pictures... the job that she did with your makeup looks great.... and your eyebrows are shaped nicely too.

As your hair continues to grow out your stylist can do even more wonderful things with the different styles that you may like.
Please, keep updating all of us....  we are your biggest fans!!!

Hugs and well wishes as you continue your exciting journey.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 28, 2018, 08:46:46 PM

Bari Jo

Love the hair...looks great....
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Bari Jo

Thanks everybody, so far the reception has been good.  I'm still on the fence.  When more hair has grown in, the effect will be better. Now off to work and surprise the coworkers.  Did I mention it's my B-day too?  What a day to come with pinkish hair!

Bari Jo

•  

Faith

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I love the hair, it really suits you.  I have enjoyed following your thread and watching you progress. Keep smiling
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Sonja

Quote from: Bari Jo on July 30, 2018, 10:09:41 AM
Thanks everybody, so far the reception has been good.  I'm still on the fence.  When more hair has grown in, the effect will be better. Now off to work and surprise the coworkers.  Did I mention it's my B-day too?  What a day to come with pinkish hair!

Bari Jo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!   :icon_bunch: :icon_flower:

Have a great day!

Sonja
  •  

LizK

Bari Jo

Happy Birthday Bari Jo what better day to go with pink than your birthday...

Hope you have a great day

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Roll

Bari Jo

NOOOOOOOOOO, I MISSED WISHING YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON TIME?! ....... well, better late than never I suppose, so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A GORGEOUS, AMAZING, PINK-HAIRED GIRL! ;D
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Thanks everybody for the nice birthday wishes.  Its always appreciated and never late.  I love that this year people do refer to me as Bari Jo.  I'm hoping by next year everybody will and I'll look the part to boot.

Inbetween phases suck, but they are better than not doing anything.  Anybody remember their misery when just having dysphoria with no end in sight?  It seems distant now even though I'm probably only about halfway down my journey.  For those fighting the urge to transition, I say stop fighting.  I'm so much happier than I was before.  I wish i could go back in time to tell myself it's okay to be what I am and to transition earlier.  Really the fear is gone, well nearly gone:)

Bari Jo

•  

Bari Jo

In October, I am attending a function at a private club.  I've been to this club a few times and have always been in a suit.  There is a dress code, must be formal or cocktail dresses, no denim.  I want to be considered femme to the point that people won't question at least that I'm trans.  I know I will be clocked, but want to have a good time too.  Oh, I'm attending with two old friends and their wives from high school.  They have not seen me dress, so nervous on that front too.  Ideas?

Bari Jo

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Bari Jo on August 03, 2018, 10:22:36 AM
In October, I am attending a function at a private club.  I've been to this club a few times and have always been in a suit.  There is a dress code, must be formal or cocktail dresses, no denim.  I want to be considered femme to the point that people won't question at least that I'm trans.  I know I will be clocked, but want to have a good time too.  Oh, I'm attending with two old friends and their wives from high school.  They have not seen me dress, so nervous on that front too.  Ideas?

Bari Jo
Why not go "all the way" with a cocktail dress?  Or a skirt suit, or a clearly femme pant suit.  And a bit of bling.  Have fun with it!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •