Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Home grown vaginas.. interest to m2f's too!

Started by Doreen, January 17, 2018, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Doreen

Telling yall we're only about 10 years away technologically from having the full works regrowable.   We live in exciting times.   Now if they could just figure out what I am :P 
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Doreen on January 17, 2018, 05:05:14 PM
Telling yall we're only about 10 years away technologically from having the full works regrowable.   We live in exciting times.   Now if they could just figure out what I am :P

Well Doreen Sweetie, quit walking on eggshells and kick up them heels!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Lady Lisandra

I've been reading articles about lab grown vaginas since I discovered the word transgender, but I can't find anything else than that initial experiment. Almost as if the world forgot to continue developing them.
- Lis -
  •  

rmaddy

Interesting, although given that they use skin/muscle cells it just looks like another potential source for graft material.  I didn't see any mention of self-lubrication/cleaning.  Completely speculating, but this particular option might have value in cisfemales with vaginal agenesis, precisely because they lack surplus material for grafting.  That is not a problem for most of us.  Still, three cheers for the hope it does offer for affected cis-females.
  •  

Lady Lisandra

QuoteInteresting, although given that they use skin/muscle cells it just looks like another potential source for graft material.  I didn't see any mention of self-lubrication/cleaning.  Completely speculating, but this particular option might have value in cisfemales with vaginal agenesis, precisely because they lack surplus material for grafting.  That is not a problem for most of us.  Still, three cheers for the hope it does offer for affected cis-females.

According to what i've read, the vaginas created were completely functional, including the part of the lubrication and self cleaning. The samples were gathered from the women's existing vaginas, so the organ created was at celular level the same as a regular vagina. Creating one for a trans woman would require either a cell donation, stem cells or finding cells very similar to the ones find in a cis vagina.

There's no scientific paper about this, but I've heard cases were scrotal tissue used as skin graft for GRS would after some time turn into a different tissue, very similar to vagina tissue, and adopted similar capabilities like self lubrication. Scrotal and vaginal tissues used to be the same before the effects of the Y chromosome, I believe there should be some way to revert that process and turn scrotal tissue back to vaginal.
- Lis -
  •  

Doreen

Quote from: Lady Lisandra on January 17, 2018, 06:57:26 PM
According to what i've read, the vaginas created were completely functional, including the part of the lubrication and self cleaning. The samples were gathered from the women's existing vaginas, so the organ created was at celular level the same as a regular vagina. Creating one for a trans woman would require either a cell donation, stem cells or finding cells very similar to the ones find in a cis vagina.

There's no scientific paper about this, but I've heard cases were scrotal tissue used as skin graft for GRS would after some time turn into a different tissue, very similar to vagina tissue, and adopted similar capabilities like self lubrication. Scrotal and vaginal tissues used to be the same before the effects of the Y chromosome, I believe there should be some way to revert that process and turn scrotal tissue back to vaginal.

I'm not sure what they did to create mine completely.. I had reconstruction work done back in 2001.. but my vagina IS self lubricating.  I can insert things (typically stents/dilators ) :P  without difficulty.  If I've actually orgasmed it gets significantly easier.   I for one can assert that things do get 'wet' downstairs.  My ob/gyn suggested it might be prostatic lubrication, though I was tested FOR that specifically, and came back negative in more than one (actually 5 separate) tests.  I think you have something to the body reverting to the way things were before.  Just my personal experience and I'm certainly not suggesting I should be considered (ever!) the norm for this sort of thing.
  •  

Lady Lisandra

Interesting. Maybe scrotal and urethral tissue was used. Maybe they turn into vaginal lining after some time. Scientist are already turning testicles into ovaries and viceversa, so why not with cells and tissues?
- Lis -
  •  

Sharon Anne McC

Actually, this potential is 'old news'.

Medical science has been growing various tissue structures using biological scaffolding and vestigial and stem cells since at least the 1950s and 1960s:  liver, kidney, lung, intestinal.

Allow me to wave my flag that I researched and wrote about the viability of developing genitalia through vestigial cell regeneration back in the early 1980s.  (I summarised my theories at my web-site.)

The lack of action regarding sex organs is the 'ick' outrage by conservative elements in science and government.

1956:  Birth (AMAB)
1974-1985:  Transition (core transition:  1977-1985)
1977:  Enrolled in Stanford University Medical Center's 'Gender Dysphoria Program'
1978:  First transition medical appointment
1978:  Corresponded with Janus Information Facility (Galveston)
1978:  Changed my SSA file to Sharon / female
1979:  First psychological evaluation - passed
1979:  Began ERT (Norinyl, DES, Premarin, estradiol, progesterone)
1980:  Arizona affirmed me legally as Sharon / female
1980:  MVD changed my licence to Sharon / female
1980:  First bank account as Sharon / female
1982:  Inter-sex exploratory:  diagnosed Inter-sex (genetically female)
1983:  Inter-sex corrective surgery
1984:  Full-blown 'male fail' phase
1985:  Transition complete to female full-time forever
2015:  Awakening from self-imposed deep stealth and isolation
2015 - 2016:  Chettawut Clinic - patient companion and revision
Today:  Happy!
Future:  I wanna return to Bangkok with other Thai experience friends

•  

Lady Lisandra

It's always nice to have the opinion of someone that actually knows about what they are talking about :P

We can still hope that someone will make it a viable option for GRS
- Lis -
  •