Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jessica_Rose

As many others have done lately, I have decided to start my own transition thread. I have several important events coming up and I want to keep them all in one place. Hopefully some of you will find a flower of wisdom or encouragement among the thorns.

I joined Susan's the day I started HRT, 23 March 2017. My intro post is here:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,221652.msg1962981.html#msg1962981

My four month HRT update, on my birthday!
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,226485.msg2007568.html#msg2007568

I came out to my manager on National Coming Out day, 11 Oct https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,229369.msg2036456.html#msg2036456

I came out to a co-worker two days later:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,229443.msg2037314.html#msg2037314

After Eight months on HRT:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,231351.msg2057302.html#msg2057302

I needed some help telling my daughters:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,232014.msg2064368.html#msg2064368

I came out to my daughters the day after Christmas:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,232173.msg2066143.html#msg2066143

I also had a trachea shave in Jan 2018:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,232477.msg2069882.html#msg2069882
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,232968.msg2074627.html#msg2074627

...and I recently realized that I don't need to be beautiful to be happy:
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,233040.msg2075790.html#msg2075790

I started working on a name change in November. I sent my paperwork in for an FBI background check, and yesterday I submitted the request for a background check in Colorado. I was asked to indicate what my new name was going to be. I had given my daughters a short list of names I was considering and asked them what they liked. They both liked Jessica Rose, so that is what I put on the form.

In the past I would sometimes refrain from posting something because I did not want it to seem like I was hijacking someone's thread, but with my own thread I will probably post more about the day-to-day happenings in my life. Comments are welcome.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica

I love your name!  I'm looking forward to reading your future exploits.

Hugs from anther Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Bari Jo

Yup, I will be watching this one too.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Tomorrow I am going to a different laser hair removal salon - Milan. I had been going to Ideal Image and am seeing great results, but Milan is about 30% cheaper so I thought I would give them a try. Ideal Image is taking care of my back and face, while Milan will be doing my legs and stomach. HRT has thinned out my body hair, but there is still too much for my liking. Milan wants everything shaved before I visit them, which I should probably be doing anyway.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 17, 2018, 11:13:40 PM
Tomorrow I am going to a different laser hair removal salon - Milan. I had been going to Ideal Image and am seeing great results, but Milan is about 30% cheaper so I thought I would give them a try. Ideal Image is taking care of my back and face, while Milan will be doing my legs and stomach. HRT has thinned out my body hair, but there is still too much for my liking. Milan wants everything shaved before I visit them, which I should probably be doing anyway.

Hi Jessica 🙋‍♀️ You seem to be about 5 months in front of me with HT.  I have noticed nearly hairless areas on my lower legs in the last month and I'm hoping for more of the same.  What has been your experience with body hair loss from hormones?

Another sister Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

Just want to say I'll be dropping in to read of your adventures too Jessica.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

Got an emergency call from my daughter in Wisconsin last night. She lives by herself in an apartment. The smoke detector was beeping because the battery was dead. The detector was wired into the apartment power and she was worried that if she unplugged it that it would set off all of the smoke detectors in the complex - a valid concern! I had her send me a photo of the detector so I could see the wires. Black, white, red. The black and white wires were for power, so I figured the red wire was the interconnect. Luckily the red wire just had an insulator cap at the end, it was not plugged in, so unplugging the detector was safe. After that all was well, so we talked about her job and my transition. I asked her if she had noticed any change in my behavior when she visited around Christmas, and she said she had noticed a huge change - I was much calmer and generally just much friendlier. She even helped me pick out some boots from Long Tall Sally.

As for hair loss on HRT, I was somewhat hairy to start with. Not as nearly as hairy as Robin Williams, maybe about like Tom Selleck. The hair on my chest has thinned out dramatically, now I just have a little strip right down the middle of my chest. I am hopeful HRT will take care of the rest. I still have a light coating of hair on my stomach, probably about 30 - 40% of what it used to be. Pubic hair was way down also, again around 30% of what it used to be. The hair on my legs has gone down by about 40% and has not seemed to change much over the last several months. Arm hair is definitely thinner and lighter, probably about an 80% reduction. I use a beard trimmer to shorten it about once a week and it is pretty much invisible.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

The folks at Milan Laser were really nice. In spite of my state of undress, they were professional and made me feel comfortable at all times. It took about and hour and several hundred jabs with the light sabre to cover my legs and stomach. Using the laser on the inside of my upper thighs was actually not too bad, the most painful area was about halfway down the back of my thighs. Upper lip electrolysis with no anesthetic still wins.

Based on the multiple painful procedures many of us undergo while transitioning, someone needs to make a t-shirt with something like this on it:

It takes a strong, tough man with lots of stamina and courage to become a woman!

Let's face it, no one would go through all of this on a whim. It is not a comfortable process physically or mentally, but the reward at the end is worth the pain - to finally be at peace with ourselves.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Cathy is my electrologist. She is also the first person I came out to. She was a stranger when we met, but now she is one of my best friends. Her acceptance, wisdom, and guidance have been a tremendous help during my journey. It just shows that sometimes support may come from the most unexpected places. I am so much at ease with her that I sometimes fall asleep during my treatments.

The day after my trachea shave I went in for an electrolysis appointment. Yes, I am really determined to get rid of my facial hair. Cathy was working on my upper lip. I asked her about the setting she was using because it was not feeling it, she looked at the settings, then looked back at me...

Cathy: 'What medication are you taking?'
Me: 'Percocet ...pause... Oh, yeah.'

Cathy got a good laugh out of that.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Jessica Rose told me in no uncertain terms that she is ready. The feeling really hit me hard yesterday. I posted a plea for help and received several responses. I wanted to add it to this thread for reference:

https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,233153.msg2077639.html#msg2077639

I am heading up to the expediter in an hour or so. They claim I will have the background investigation back within a week. Then I get to figure out our local court system for my name change. My doctor already told me she will provide the letter for changing my gender marker once I start the name change process.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I just had my first ever male fail!

My wife and I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant we had never been to. I was wearing ladies jeans with a men's polo shirt and a ladies jacket. I was not trying to hide my hair, which has gone feral after a year without a trim, and I did not have any makeup on. Once we were seated the waiter came over and addressed us as 'senoritas'! I started smiling instantly. It took my wife a few seconds before she realized what happened, then she began to smile and giggle. Needless to say we left a big tip.

I guess I am further along in my journey than I thought!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 20, 2018, 01:27:59 PM
I just had my first ever mail fail!

My wife and I went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant we had never been to. I was wearing ladies jeans with a men's polo shirt and a ladies jacket. I was not trying to hide my hair, which has gone feral after a year without a trim, and I did not have any makeup on. Once we were seated the waiter came over and addressed us as 'senoritas'! I started smiling instantly. It took my wife a few seconds before she realized what happened, then she began to smile and giggle. Needless to say we left a big tip.

Wow! How wonderful is that.  I'm so happy for you.  I hope to male fail someday.  It is certainly time for full time Jessica Rose.

Smiles, another Jessica

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 20, 2018, 01:27:59 PM
I just had my first ever mail fail!

This gave me a big smile.  I'm so happy reading of experiences like this.  I hope you have many more and often.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

tgirlamg

Jessica Rose!!!

☘️🍀🌲🌴🌱🌿🍃🍀☘️🌴🍃🌿🍃🌿🌱🍀☘️🌲🌿🍃🌱🌿🍀🌲🌳🌴🌱🍃🌿🌱🍀🍀☘️🌱🌲☘️🍀🍃
🌷🌹🌸🌺🌼🌻🌷🌺🌸🌻🌷🌺🌸🌷🌻🌹🌸🌼🌻🌷🌹🌺🌻🌸🌻🌺🌸🌷🌼🌺🌻🌸🌺🌻🌷🌹🌺🌸
🌺🌻🌸🌺🌼🌹🌷🌼🌸🌻🌺🌷🌸🌼❤️🌹🌸🌻🌺🌷🌸🌹🌻🌸🌼🌷🌺🌼🌹❤️🌻🌸🌺🌷🌻🌼🌸🌹
This is my first visit to "The Garden"... I have to tell you dear sister... I love what you have done so far with this little patch of previously barren earth.... I think some really beautiful things are taking root here and I look forward to seeing things in full and glorious bloom!!!
🌺🌸🌼🌹🌻🌷🌺🌸🌻🌷🌺🌹🌼🌸🌻🌼🌹🌸🌼🌹🌻🌷🌺🌸🌼🌻🌹🌷🌺❤️🌻🌻🌼🌹🌺🌷🌻🌸
🌻🌸🌼🌷❤️🌷🌻🌷🌸🌺🌼🌹🌹🌷🌻🌷🌸🌷🌻🌺🌸🌻🌷🌼🌷🌹🌻🌹🌷🌸🌺🌼🌷🌻🌸🌺🌻🌷
🌿🌱🌿🌱☘️🍀🍃🌿🌱☘️🌴🌿🌱☘️🌲🍃🌾💐☘️🌱🌿🍀💐☘️🍀🌳🌱🍀☘️🌲🌳🌴🌿🍀☘️🌱🌴🍀

Onward we go my friend!!!

Ashley 😀❤️🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jessica_Rose

It seems like changes have really accelerated for me lately. Even though the changes are making me ecstatically happy, it also means my world will be turning upside down soon (hopefully I won't be wearing a skirt when that happens). It is a weird combination of fright and joy, and I am loving every minute of it. After only feeling anger for most of the last forty years, these new emotions are a joyful change. I know it will not be an easy time for me, but with support from the good people here at Susan's I know I will make it through and I will become a much happier person.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 20, 2018, 09:09:42 PM
It seems like changes have really accelerated for me lately. Even though the changes are making me ecstatically happy, it also means my world will be turning upside down soon (hopefully I won't be wearing a skirt when that happens). It is a weird combination of fright and joy, and I am loving every minute of it. After only feeling anger for most of the last forty years, these new emotions are a joyful change. I know it will not be an easy time for me, but with support from the good people here at Susan's I know I will make it through and I will become a much happier person.

I'm excited for you Jess, I feel like someone greased my wheels too, and it is a scary/wonderful feeling.

•  

Jessica_Rose

I have never posted this anywhere. It is the letter I gave my wife when I came out to her. From a personal standpoint I chose a really inappropriate day, Feb 12 2017. Not only is it right between my wife's birthday and Valentine's Day, but it is also the anniversary of our engagement. I had been trying to get up enough courage for weeks. I could not read it to her. I gave it to my wife while we were in bed together. It did not go well. I fell asleep crying, wondering if I had just destroyed my marriage. There were several nights over the next few months when we slept in different rooms. It was not until I convinced my wife to see a therapist with me that she began to understand. Our relationship is far from perfect, but it is healing. I think we will be OK.

FYI - The incident with my father happened around 1973 or 1974.

I have wanted to say this for weeks, but there is no way I could ever get the words out. I need to tell you something...

I cannot think of anyone else I would rather spend the rest of my life with. You have put up with me through good times and bad, and there have been many times when you have accepted some exceptionally poor behavior on my part. Through it all you have been by my side, you have been a wonderful mother to our daughters and my best friend. I don't want any of this to change.

I finally figured out why I get frustrated easily and have such a quick temper. I have been hiding and suppressing my emotions for over 40 years and it has reached the point where I have to make some changes in my life so I can be truly happy with myself.  I have finally accepted that I am transgender.

It started when I was 11-12 years old. I remember going to bed each night wishing that I would wake up and be a girl. I really did not understand all of the differences between boy and girls then, but I knew I did not like being a boy. There was one a memorable occasion when my Dad threatened to castrate me, make me wear a dress, then walk me up and down our street on a leash. I do not remember what triggered his threat, but needless to say it was pretty scary to a pre-teen boy.

I did my best to fit in through grade school and college. Although I had some friends, I was never very popular. I was a geek long before that became something cool. I was always sort of a loner. I also had not given up on being a girl, I always had some articles of female clothing hidden around somewhere. Just having it near seemed to help. On a few occasions my parents discovered my 'collection', and needless to say they were less than thrilled. Having you in my life made all the difference in the world.

We got married, which was the best day of my life. We crossed the country while I was in the Air Force and we had two beautiful daughters. On the surface everything was awesome, but I was always followed by my desire to be something I knew I could never be, a female.

Around 2001 - 2002 I had convinced myself that it was time for me to become a woman. However after thinking about what it could do to our family I decided to suppress my feelings and keep 'her' hidden. It was depressing and caused a lot of anxiety and anger, but I still had some female clothing that helped me cope.

Our daughters are grown, I have a stable career, and I have a wife who deserves so much more that what I have given her. I have finally reached the point in my life when I can become what I have always wanted to be. I am tired of holding in my emotions. I need to be able to express more than just happiness and anger, and I can't do that as I am. I know this will have a profound effect on our lives, but I think it will bring us closer together. I need to start the journey and see what changes it may bring, and I need you by my side.

I love you.

Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

KathyLauren

I am just catching up on your thread.  It sounds like you are right on the cusp of where this ride starts to get good.  There will be more ups and downs, but where you are is where the joy begins.

That is a very nice coming out letter.  I am glad that your relationship has stabilized and is going well now.

Congratulations on the male fail!  ;D

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 19, 2018, 05:25:02 AM
Me: 'Percocet ...pause... Oh, yeah.'
Oh yeah, indeed!   :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I received a note from the FBI 'channeler' last night. My FBI background report is in the mail! I should also receive my state report by the end of the week. Once I have these in hand I can submit my name change petition. A little over a year ago I never even dreamed that I would do something like this, now the reality is at hand. Soon I will be a glorious emotional mess, and I will love and cherish every minute of it!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on January 23, 2018, 05:28:25 AM
A little over a year ago I never even dreamed that I would do something like this, now the reality is at hand. Soon I will be a glorious emotional mess, and I will love and cherish every minute of it!

It is incredible that thoughts can change so dramatically.  Is because of the hormones or just the relief.  I think both.  Though, as soon as I heard my transition was covered by my insurance , the thoughts long suppressed came immediately to the surface.  That's when my thoughts changed.

•