Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JulieAllana

You are an inspiration to us all, and myself in particular.  Congratulations!

Julie
1/4/18 - Admission to self of trans - Start of transition
2/10/18 - First time out in public
2/12/18 - Ears Pierced
2/16/18 - Started Laser Hair removal on face
7/4/18 - Down 101 pounds since 1/4/18.  Maybe start HRT at 210-15
9/22/18 - Weighed in @207 (down 113 lbs) this morning.
10/1/18 - Started HRT

•  

Jessica_Rose

I cannot believe this.

My wife and I went to the salon again today. The stylist colored, shaped, and trimmed my eyebrows, then gave me a new hairstyle. My eyes began to tear up when I saw what she did - I never believed I could look like this. Next we went to CPK for lunch, then hit the mall. I found some nice tunics at Macy's, but I was not sure of my size. So for the first time ever, I used the ladies dressing room. It was crowded and most of the rooms were full, but no one seemed to have any issues with me. After picking out a few tunics we went to Merle Norman. I now have pierced ears! It was not nearly as bad as I though it would be, almost a non-event. I also got a simple makeover, something easy for work that does not take too long. Their cosmetics are somewhat more expensive that what I would normally get, but the lady there was really nice so I bought some. We then made a trip over to Target to pick up some combs, brushes, and a few other items I may need.

Anyway, now to the amazing part. I had posted in another thread that when I started my journey I was certain that I would be an ugly woman, but I cannot believe how wrong I was. This brings tears to my eyes. Here is a new before and after...I think this may become my new avatar.

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Cassi

Hard to believe it's not your brother's picture :)

Awesome!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ToriJo

Seeing the smile is awesome!  You look great!
  •  

KathyLauren

Jessica, what a gorgeous smile!  Such an improvement over the glum guy on the left.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

Hi Girlfriend,

How nice it is to see your smile. Just who is that sourpuss in the left picture anyway? You are NOT related to him are you, Hun? You couldn't be. I like the hair better in this picture and the joy is plain in you. Congrats of the pierced ears. You do know that they are almost a right of passage don't you?
  It is so nice to see you happy, Hun.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

HappyMoni

Congrats Jessica Rose, you look great, your progress is amazing, I am so happy for you. I expect you will be a little nervous tomorrow, but you will be fine. This is the new reality, and (drum roll please) here she is. Fantastic!
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks everyone!

The pierced ears are definitely a rite of passage, and it hurt a lot less than I had anticipated. Stubbing a toe is way more painful. I think finding the right hairstyle made all the difference in the world to me. Now I feel comfortable and confident about going out into the world. Unfortunately now I don't want to wash my hair in case I can't recreate the style! I think the only issues I may have left are my own fear and apprehension about the inevitable rude comments and stares that we all experience at some point once we go out in public.

So far I have received about a dozen replies from co-workers, and as expected all of them have been supporting.  I am really looking forward to going to work tomorrow. I usually get in around 6:00am. Most of the folks who work overnight are not in my workgroup, and I expect none of them got the memo. It will be interesting to see how they react to the new girl. One of my co-workers left before the meeting, so unless he checks his email over the weekend his first indication of a change will come when he arrives at 7:00am and sees me at my desk. I can't wait to see his expression!

My wife and I went shopping again today. It seems clothing and jewelry are always on the list. Although for the most part it was uneventful, something rather important did happen. At one point my wife wanted to get my attention and said 'John. Oops, I'm sorry...Jessica.' That was the first time she ever called me by my new name at home or in public. I gave her a heartfelt thanks for doing that. I know this is hard on her, but hopefully that was the first small step towards our future together.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

ToriJo

I don't think hearing my wife say my name and pronouns will ever get old or fail to bring a smile to my face.  :)  I'm glad you're experiencing it!
  •  

Jessica_Rose

My first day at work!

It was actually uneventful. I occasionally checked different parts of our systems and noticed my new name slowly spreading across them. The most awesome of course was when my new email address went live. There are still a few spots that have not picked it up yet, but the changes are occurring quicker than I thought.

A few folks came over to talk, everyone was really nice. There was one person I expected a negative reaction from, and he ignored me all day. Even donuts and brownies did not get his attention. No real loss there. The most fun was someone who sits near me missed the Friday meeting, and he had not seen the email. When he saw me he said 'What the...'. I just told him he should not have missed the meeting! He read the email, we talked for a few minutes, and the rest of the day was just like any other day. Everything just felt right. No drama, no stares, it felt like nothing had really changed -- except of course for the big smile on my face. It was simply a perfect day, because for the first time in my life I can finally be me. Now that I am thinking about it, here come the tears of joy!

This is what I wore to work today...
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

ToriJo

Oh wow!  Due to some quirks with the HR system where I am, I may be doing my first day in less than a month. I'm glad your day went well, it makes me think mine might not be as scary as my fears.

Congrats on your authentic, true life!
  •  

Laurie

Fantastic Jessica. You look good in that outfit. skinny girls like you make me jealous.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Anne Blake

Hi Jessica, you nailed it, I love the look and that top is perfect on you. Well done!

Tia Anne
  •  

HappyMoni

Way cool Jessica! I imagine it was hard to actually think 'work' on your first day. Congrats!
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

KathyLauren

Congrats, Jessica!  And, wow, you are sure rocking that look!  What a great photo!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

ToriJo, so far all of the fear and apprehension I have felt proved to be totally unfounded. No matter how much I try to think of bad outcomes, they never occur. I admit I do work and live in an area that is very tolerant, and I expect to have some bad experiences at some point, but so far the biggest obstacles I have had to overcome were all in my mind.

Thanks Laurie, there are already two women at work who have made comments about my figure, and they both want me to stop bringing in donuts and cookies! They are both friends of mine, and I really am enjoying the compliments. As a kid who wore pants with a 40-inch waist in 8th grade, I never in my life expected to look like this.

Tia Anne and Kathy Lauren, thanks for the compliments! I have always loved this look, but alas it would have been inappropriate for John! I look at the photos, and even though I took them I can't believe that is me. Now that I have the freedom to express my true self, I am going to indulge in trying to duplicate the looks that I have enjoyed seeing over the last several years, but I plan to avoid the parachute pants!

You hit the nail on the head Moni, there was not really much work to do today. Although I did hunt around on our systems for computer code I had written over the last 12 years change every instance of 'John' to 'Jessica'. There was really no point in that, but it made me feel better.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Day two at work was uneventful. A few more of the systems now have my new name and I was able to load an avatar photo into the system so now everyone can see what I look like. I had never uploaded a photo for 'John'. I also received a few more notes and calls of support. Everything just felt right. Overall it was another great day!

I did make a quick trip to the DMV to renew my driver's license again. The first photo was horrid, but it had my new name and gender so I was happy at the time. Now at least it will have a photo that I find acceptable.

I did have some fun at the dentist office. We have been going to the same office for over 10 years and we are all on a first name basis. My wife had an appointment, when we walked in the receptionist was a bit surprised.

Receptionist: You look like a girl!
Me: I'll take that as a compliment.
Receptionist: You want to be a woman?
Me: I am a woman.

Her facial expression was priceless! The dentist came out later and saw me, but he did not say anything. Later I found out he thought that I was John's sister. I also took that as a compliment. Eventually the dentist and his staff came out and I gave them a short explanation then answered a few thoughtful questions. Apparently I am the first patient they have had who has transitioned. After the Q&A session the dentist and I talked about cars for a while, just like nothing had changed. It will take a while for them to pick up my new name, but I think we are off to a great start.

I almost forgot! I loved wearing those black boots so much yesterday that I went with brown today!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

As someone we all love says. (sort of)

Onward you go Sister!

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

My new ID badge showed up today! The photo even looks reasonable. When I handed in my old badge at the security desk the guard said 'Who is John?' I said 'That was me.' He did look a bit confused at that point.

The IT folks also gave me a new LAN ID. My initials and last name did not change, so why couldn't I just keep my old one? It may actually be a bit in my favor. My old ID was Jxxxxxx2, my new one is Jxxxxxx1. I guess I moved up a notch.

Other than going to work as a woman, using the ladies room, and speaking in a higher pitch, everything seems the same. Except for one person who now ignores me (which I expected), everyone is treating me with the same respect as always. I walk down the aisles expecting stares, odd looks, laughter, or rude comments, but none of that ever happens. So far none of the things I was worried about have occurred. It is almost like nothing has changed, except for finally being at peace with myself, and for the big smile that I always seem to have!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

bobbisue

Jessica I know what you mean I find nothing much has changed except the name and pronouns I must admit being a bit envious of your outfits as a mechanic it is really difficult to wear anything nice to work

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •