Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

Wow, you look great, Jessica!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica....   Wow wheee !!!!   You look absolutely terrific in your "beach babe" photo that you shared with us. Your posting is a wonderful tribute to all of your hard work and determination to continue in your transition and to achieve your goals.....   KUDOS to you !!!!

....  as @Anne Blake  stated in her reply comment...
QuoteJessica, didn't you understand that you are supposed to be taking baby steps at this point? Here you go jumping from early on to full blown beach babe is just a couple of steps. And looking good doing it, congratulations!

Oh and as @Steph2.0 stated in her comment:
QuoteWell shucky darn, you're way over there in the panhandle. I was hoping you'd drop by here in central Florida.
You went all out - going directly to the two piece with the bikini top! I had to work up to that. Good on ya - and it looks good on ya!

Oh, and Stephanie, I see that you are using one of my terms.... "Shucky Darn"   ... or is that something that you have heard and used before??   
You are also very welcome to use my others...  like  "Wowzers"  and "Wow-whee"

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 16, 2018, 08:40:59 PM
My wife and I are now in Florida for the second softball tournament. I have not encountered any issues so far, but I have noticed a few older women and young girls looking at me a bit more closely than usual. There was only one softball game today, so we had some time to visit Navarre Beach. I wore a mesh cover-up to get to a nice spot, but it had to go so my wife could take a few photos! Please be kind, this is the first time I have ever been in public wearing a swimsuit, and I obviously need to work on my tan. It was not that long ago when doing this seemed like an impossible dream. I have awakened from the decades-long nightmare that had been tormenting me, and I am finally living my life. I could not have done this without the support of the many wonderful folks on this site. My deepest thanks to all of you.

So, Jessica... you are indeed appearing to be very happy and self confident...
Please keep encouraging all of your readers and followers with more of your updates.

Hugs and continued well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

First, my thanks to all of you for your kind responses.

Some of the things I tell my friends...

I missed out on over 50 years of playing 'dress up' and I have a lot of catching up to do!
I am only going to transition once, so I plan to have some fun with it!

None of us know how long we will be here. I spent fifty years of my life hiding the most beautiful part of myself from the world, and I will hide no more. I wasted enough time hiding, it is time to live my life the way I want. I can't be concerned about what others may think as long as I am not affecting them. This is me, it is up to them to deal with it!

I do hope my posts help give others confidence in themselves. I was scared to death when I started this journey. There were many folks on Susan's whose posts helped me along the way. Some of the most inspiring were those with before and after photos. These helped me realize the miracles that can occur when you finally have the right hormones and have confidence in yourself. Everyone is capable of amazing things if they believe in themselves, work hard to accomplish their goals, and dare to dream.

I apologize these photos are not as good as the ones I usually post, but we were using a little 'point-and-shoot' camera instead of an SLR. Here is a photo from this morning...
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Jessica

Love the beach photos Jessica!
The confidence you show us inspires me 🌸🌸🌸🌸

The other Jessica 💁‍♀️

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 17, 2018, 08:50:57 PM
None of us know how long we will be here. I spent fifty years of my life hiding the most beautiful part of myself from the world, and I will hide no more. I wasted enough time hiding, it is time to live my life the way I want. I can't be concerned about what others may think as long as I am not affecting them. This is me, it is up to them to deal with it!

There is nothing quite as sexy and feminine as self-confidence.  You have it, and it shows in your photos.  Keep on rockin' it, sister!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

We did hear back from my wife's brother and sister. Her brother was concerned about his sister and wanted to make sure she was OK. He was OK with my transition as long as his little sister was OK with it. Her sister said she was also accepting, but she does not want me to visit her family at their house because she does not want to explain it to our young teen niece. I wonder if she realizes that day will eventually come. What was most important is that neither of them plan to cut ties with their sister (my wife), which was all I was really hoping for. I count this as another 'win'.

I did not have a single bad experience during our trip to Tennessee, Florida, and Louisiana. I had a few interesting experiences while shopping, all of them were positive. The most memorable was with a young female dressing room attendant at a clothing store in Louisiana.

Attendant: 'Wow, you're tall.'
Me: 'Excuse me?'
Attendant: 'You're tall, and beautiful.'
Me: 'Thank you.'

That certainly put a smile on my face! I nearly cried in the dressing room thinking about it. On the way out I renewed the conversation...

Me: 'Your comment really made my day.'
Attendant: 'Why is that?'
Me: 'I am not used to people telling me that I am beautiful.'
Attendant: 'Well you are.'
Me: 'I don't usually do this, but I want to show you something.'
...(I showed her my old driver's license.)
Attendant: 'Wow! Well, you are beautiful.'
Me: 'Thank you, and I hope you have an awesome day!'
As I turned and began walking away the attendant added, 'You keep rocking that dress!'

Encounters like this have given me the confidence that I now have. Based on the comments I have received from others I guess my mind has not yet caught up with reality. I still find it hard to believe that others see me as a beautiful woman.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica,

The more you are out "Rocking" it the more such confirming experiences you should have. I had a very old friend tell me on chat last night that I looked great in my FB pictures she has seen. This meant a lot to me as it was completely out of the blue and I do not talk with her very often at all though I have known her almost 40 years I think. You are that beautiful tall woman that others see. You will believe it yourself one of these days.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 23, 2018, 05:40:33 PM
We did hear back from my wife's brother and sister. Her brother was concerned about his sister and wanted to make sure she was OK. He was OK with my transition as long as his little sister was OK with it. Her sister said she was also accepting, but she does not want me to visit her family at their house because she does not want to explain it to our young teen niece. I wonder if she realizes that day will eventually come. What was most important is that neither of them plan to cut ties with their sister (my wife), which was all I was really hoping for. I count this as another 'win'.

I did not have a single bad experience during our trip to Tennessee, Florida, and Louisiana. I had a few interesting experiences while shopping, all of them were positive. The most memorable was with a young female dressing room attendant at a clothing store in Louisiana.

Attendant: 'Wow, you're tall.'
Me: 'Excuse me?'
Attendant: 'You're tall, and beautiful.'
Me: 'Thank you.'

That certainly put a smile on my face! I nearly cried in the dressing room thinking about it. On the way out I renewed the conversation...

Me: 'Your comment really made my day.'
Attendant: 'Why is that?'
Me: 'I am not used to people telling me that I am beautiful.'
Attendant: 'Well you are.'
Me: 'I don't usually do this, but I want to show you something.'
...(I showed her my old driver's license.)
Attendant: 'Wow! Well, you are beautiful.'
Me: 'Thank you, and I hope you have an awesome day!'
As I turned and began walking away the attendant added, 'You keep rocking that dress!'

Encounters like this have given me the confidence that I now have. Based on the comments I have received from others I guess my mind has not yet caught up with reality. I still find it hard to believe that others see me as a beautiful woman.

@Jessica_Rose   .... great update... except of course for the sister not wanting you to visit her house as she has little children that she doesn't want to explain the situation with...

Oh, and wow-whee... what a great experience with the young female dressing room attendant ... wonderful indeed.
Thanks for updating all of us...

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I had something interesting happen this afternoon. We got home from our trip and needed a few things, so I made a quick run to the local grocery store. I picked up milk, breakfast muffins, and most important of all flowers for my wife! After I got back to the car I realized something profound had happened. While in the store my only thoughts were about the items I needed to pick up, especially the flowers! In the past my first thought was always 'I wonder if anyone clocked me?' That thought was completely absent while I was in the store today, and later when we went out to dinner. Something also feels different, but I can't really describe it. The closest I can come to a description is that I no longer first think of myself as being transgender, I just think of myself as being Jessica Rose. Darn, where did these tears come from?

...and Laurie, your new avatar looks amazing!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Anne Blake

Hey girlfriend, welcome to the club! Ain't it great

Tia Anne
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 23, 2018, 08:27:44 PM
I had something interesting happen this afternoon. We got home from our trip and needed a few things, so I made a quick run to the local grocery store. I picked up milk, breakfast muffins, and most important of all flowers for my wife! After I got back to the car I realized something profound had happened. While in the store my only thoughts were about the items I needed to pick up, especially the flowers! In the past my first thought was always 'I wonder if anyone clocked me?' That thought was completely absent while I was in the store today, and later when we went out to dinner. Something also feels different, but I can't really describe it. The closest I can come to a description is that I no longer first think of myself as being transgender, I just think of myself as being Jessica Rose. Darn, where did these tears come from?

Jessica, are we running in parallel? I was grocery shopping today, and about halfway through my list I had two surprising thoughts. The first was similar to yours: hey, I'm just out shopping. I'm me, Stephanie, and nobody sees anything other than that. I felt comfort, contentment, and peace with that thought.

The second was almost a shock to realize. The thought occurred to me that I like working at a job I enjoy - and the one I am starting to love the most is housewife. Maybe it was because of my newfound bliss in just living freely as myself, but I was enjoying just grocery shopping.

The kicker is, I used to absolutely hate it. Get the stuff and get out, and don't get in my way. Now everyone smiles at me, because I smile at them first.

What a wonderful world we're joining...

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Sonja

@Jessica_Rose

Hi Jessica,

I have the privilege of living right next to the international date line so.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  :icon_flower: :icon_bunch:

Have a great day!

Sonja
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks Sonja! Today was MY first birthday where I was truly myself. My wife baked a carrot cake from scratch and gave me a present, but I have not been allowed to open it yet! I did receive a fantastic gift earlier today -- about 45 minutes after getting to work I experienced another round of euphoria! It is simply incredible how much joy you can feel when you finally experience life as your true self. It really did happen, and I have a photo to prove it!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

KathyLauren

What a great photo, Jessica!  Happy birthday!
  •  

Maid Marion

•  

davina61

Happy birthday, do I have to bake another cake???
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: davina61 on July 27, 2018, 04:51:59 PM
Happy birthday, do I have to bake another cake???

Only if you really want to! Since we already have a carrot cake, how about a yellow cake with chocolate icing!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

By the way, I think my birthday gift was a good sign -- some pearl stud earrings! I put them on last night. My wife does not like to drive, so she walked about 4.5 miles round trip to get them. Of course I told her I loved them, and her. She is still getting used to being married to a woman, but she does want to make this work.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on July 17, 2018, 08:50:57 PM
I missed out on over 50 years of playing 'dress up' and I have a lot of catching up to do!
I am only going to transition once, so I plan to have some fun with it!

Hi @Jessica_Rose

This is the first time I have posted on your thread, it was  your post on Faith's thread that lead me to yours. I had not seen your "before and after" photos and I just wanted to say I think you look great. I also took the time to read some your most recent postings. I really like what you are saying here and how empowering it feels when I actually say it about my own life...I love the philosophy of it.

I can see from recent posts you have a had a birthday, Happy belated birthday   

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Laurie

Well Heck, Jessica. Happy Birthday several days late.  I haven't been doing a good job keeping up with anyone's threads lately. Sorry. That was a nice gift Susan gave you and it was quite the walk to do it too. That hill on the return trip would certainly do me in. Tell her hi for me and share a hug with eachother for me.

hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis