Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Hi Jessica Rose

Your interaction with your friend you hadn't seen for all that time must have been a fantastic moment to have her react in the way she did. Having those kinds of amazingly positive interactions are so affirming. It wouild be great if more people in the world reacted like your friend.

I am no expert on this but that looks like a nice increase in your numbers and its pretty close to where my Dr aims, I too have just had an increase recently and it has made a real difference to me, have you felt better on the larger dose?

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: LizK on September 19, 2018, 04:34:58 AM
Your interaction with your friend you hadn't seen for all that time must have been a fantastic moment to have her react in the way she did. Having those kinds of amazingly positive interactions are so affirming. It wouild be great if more people in the world reacted like your friend.

I am no expert on this but that looks like a nice increase in your numbers and its pretty close to where my Dr aims, I too have just had an increase recently and it has made a real difference to me, have you felt better on the larger dose?

It was an awesome moment. No matter how good of a friend someone is, it is really hard to know how they will react to this. Melissa and her family had always been friendly and I know this was a huge surprise, but they passed the test with flying colors. Yes, it would be an amazing world if everyone could react like this -- the suicide rate for the transgender population would drop significantly!

I have been euphoric three times in my life, all of them this year. The last two times were after the dosage increase. I don't know why my numbers jumped so much, but I am certainly not going to complain! I just hope my doctor does not want to cut back, she prefers the 100 - 200 range.

My electrologist wants to get another 'south pole' pass completed before I have my consultation on Monday, so she will be working on that area this afternoon. I look forward to our sessions, but I don't look forward to the discomfort. It is amazing the amount of pain someone can accept when it means another small step towards a lifelong dream. 
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on September 19, 2018, 05:24:03 AM
My electrologist wants to get another 'south pole' pass completed before I have my consultation on Monday, so she will be working on that area this afternoon. I look forward to our sessions, but I don't look forward to the discomfort. It is amazing the amount of pain someone can accept when it means another small step towards a lifelong dream.

Hope the HRT Doc is ok with your levels...I noticed the change in my mood before I noticed changes in my skin and hair when my Oestrogen was low.

I am off for a south pole zapping tomorrow...Gulp my first and possibly only one I will have time for. I hope yours goes well...I know how glib that sounds but what else can you really say about it  :D

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Anne Blake

Hi Jessica,

Good luck with the next clearing down below, that is never fun, but then I have never found any electrolysis to be fun. Your consult with Dr. Ley is scheduled for Monday? Enjoy your visit to Scottsdale and say hi to her for me.

Enjoy each step of this awesome journey!
Tia Anne
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Anne Blake on September 20, 2018, 02:31:24 PM
Your consult with Dr. Ley is scheduled for Monday? Enjoy your visit to Scottsdale and say hi to her for me.

Enjoy each step of this awesome journey!

Yes, my consultation is Monday (24 Sep)! I feel like a five-year-old on Christmas Eve!!! I will certainly pass your greeting along to Dr. Ley.

I received more good news these last few days. My HRT doctor's comments about my latest blood tests: The labs are fine. Interestingly, the estradiol level is way up now. I'd leave it alone and no dose change right now.

Next,I asked my therapist if she would support a GCS date of 17 Feb 2019 (which marks one year full-time). Her response: Yes, if You continue to do so well with your transition of course I can endorse you for February 17 of 2019.

I also sent a note to Dr. Ley's office about possible surgery dates. They are currently scheduling GCS surgeries for January 2019, so a date in late February is a possibility.

My electrologist completed another 'south pole' clearing today.

With any luck, I should leave Dr. Ley's office with a surgery date and a huge smile!
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I received a note from my therapist late yesterday evening which made me confused and a bit depressed. I cleared it up this morning by asking her this question:

Me: As long as nothing unexpected pops up, would you be willing to write a 'first letter' of recommendation and help me get the 'second letter' required for GCS approval?
Therapist: Yes.

That response brought tears to my eyes. I am in a much better place than I was when I started, but I need to take this step. I have been nervous all day, thinking I will wake up from the dream and have my world come crashing down around me. I know this is what I need to do, but I am fearful something will get in the way. I am not sure I will be able to shake this feeling until I wake up on the other side after surgery.

Less than three days until my consultation. I can't believe this is happening...
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Good news Jessica and good luck on your consult Monday with Dr Ley.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on September 21, 2018, 09:16:12 PM
I received a note from my therapist late yesterday evening which made me confused and a bit depressed. I cleared it up this morning by asking her this question:

Me: As long as nothing unexpected pops up, would you be willing to write a 'first letter' of recommendation and help me get the 'second letter' required for GCS approval?
Therapist: Yes.

That response brought tears to my eyes. I am in a much better place than I was when I started, but I need to take this step. I have been nervous all day, thinking I will wake up from the dream and have my world come crashing down around me. I know this is what I need to do, but I am fearful something will get in the way. I am not sure I will be able to shake this feeling until I wake up on the other side after surgery.

Less than three days until my consultation. I can't believe this is happening...

What a relief to know you have the support of your therapist. Its good to know where you will get those letters from when they are needed.

I had been ducking around corners, dodging ladders, keeping away from pavement cracks and certainly not dropping any mirrors.....I expected to receive a call or letter or email that blows my GCS completely out of the water...There are just so many things to keep track of. I really understand that feeling...but if its any consolation as you move forward these things become less and less of problem because less and less can stop the process. I don't expect anything to stop me at this stage but I am prepared.

I hope the appointment goes really well...

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Jessica

Good luck Jessica, I'm so happy for you 🌸🌸🌸

The other Jessica 💁‍♀️

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks to all of you for your warm wishes.

I am a one finger typist when using my phone, so this will be a brief update.

My wife and I are staying in Socorro NM tonight. We met our daughter Kimberly and her boyfriend Rob for dinner. We had only met Rob once before about 18 months ago. When Rob saw me this evening is was as though nothing had changed, except I got a hug instead of a handshake! After our meal we all went to our daughters house and talked for an hour or so. We were just one big happy family. We are meeting for lunch tomorrow, then my wife and I will head to Scottsdale. About 36 hours from now I will be in the waiting room. I still find this hard to believe...
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on September 22, 2018, 10:16:03 PM
Thanks to all of you for your warm wishes.

I am a one finger typist when using my phone, so this will be a brief update.

My wife and I are staying in Socorro NM tonight. We met our daughter Kimberly and her boyfriend Rob for dinner. We had only met Rob once before about 18 months ago. When Rob saw me this evening is was as though nothing had changed, except I got a hug instead of a handshake! After our meal we all went to our daughters house and talked for an hour or so. We were just one big happy family. We are meeting for lunch tomorrow, then my wife and I will head to Scottsdale. About 36 hours from now I will be in the waiting room. I still find this hard to believe...

IT'S HAPPENING JESSICA!

•  

Bari Jo

Quote from: Laurie on September 22, 2018, 11:41:19 PM
THIS IS HAPPENING!

This phrase has always brought warm fuzzies to me during or even before transition.  I'm glad to see others enjoy it too.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Forces were conspiring against us today.

Kimberly and Rob were going to meet us for lunch. We checked out of our hotel in Socorro early and decided to kill some time at Walmart. When it was time for lunch, our car wouldn't start. Kimberly and Rob picked us up and took us to lunch. After lunch they took us back to Walmart, then went to get their portable jump starter. Susan and I bought our own portable jump starter and a new battery (we had jumper cables with us). I figured if the portable starters failed, I could just jump start using the new battery. Rob's portable starter worked, so the new battery is riding in the trunk for now, and our new portable charger is charged and ready for action!

The drive to Scottsdale was going great until we were about 85 miles out, then traffic came to a halt. A wreck closed both east and west bound lanes of AZ260. After a two hour wait, we finally got moving again. We made it safely to Scottsdale. At least the hotel room was better than expected.

In about 12hrs my GCS consultation will occur. I am not nervous. I am at peace.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica Rose and Susan,

I am glad to hear you got your lunch, car started and to your hotel in Scottsdale safely. Have a good consult tomorrow and a great day. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

LizK

Hi Jessica Rose

Good luck at the appointment...when I am writing this you are probably not to far away from the appointment. Hope it goes really well for you

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

steph2.0

All the best today, Jessica! I'm envious. Another 6 weeks for the clock to run out on my insurance company's 18 month therapy requirement, then it's full steam ahead for my GCS process. Can't do a thing until then.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Just a quick update, will post details tomorrow...

GCS scheduled for 5 April 2019!!!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on September 24, 2018, 12:41:23 PM
Just a quick update, will post details tomorrow...

GCS scheduled for 5 April 2019!!!

SQUEEE!!!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Woo-hoo!  Congratulations, Jessica!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Laurie

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!