Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on September 24, 2018, 12:41:23 PM
Just a quick update, will post details tomorrow...

GCS scheduled for 5 April 2019!!!

Wow!  Just 6 months away!  Congratulations, and I hope the time goes quickly and smoothly.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

LizK

Wonderful Congrats
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

My wife and I arrived at the Meltzer Clinic in Scottsdale at 9:00am for my 10:00am appointment. I did not want to take any chances on being late! We went up to the Clinic office and let them know we were there. About 20 minutes later Michelle invited us to an exam room. She made sure what I was there for and told us some basic information about the surgery, then went to get Dr. Ley while I changed into a gown. A few minutes later Dr. Ley came in and introduced herself. For the next 15 - 20 minutes she told us everything that could possibly go wrong, none of this made my wife happy. Eventually she got to the basics of the surgery (they do a two-stage process with the second stage 3+ months after the first) and asked several times if we had any questions. Next she checked out my equipment and seemed to be satisfied with everything. Dr. Ley asked when I had started genital electrolysis. Based on my answer and her exam, she suggested a surgery date no earlier than April. Once Dr. Ley left I got dressed and was taken to see Paxton for scheduling. Paxton checked the schedule and suggested 5 April, which I quickly agreed to. Paxton also printed out price sheets for the surgery and let me know how much I would probably need to pay based on my insurance coverage. I paid my deposit and left the Clinic about 10:30am. My wife did not seem very happy (she is OK now), but I sure was smiling!

Paxton sent me an email with a packet of information I have not checked out yet, but she said it included a timeline of things I would need to do in preparation for surgery. I have a little over six months to get it done. It will happen.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Laurie

Of course you will get everything done. Congrats Girl!

THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Faith

As much as I hate to agree with a certain someone ...

THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!
YAY!

You've got this,
Faith

Quote from: Laurie on September 25, 2018, 08:32:24 PM
Of course you will get everything done. Congrats Girl!

THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement!

One more nice thing happened over the weekend. When I came out to my parents I was sure my dad was going to shun me, but luckily I was wrong. I told my parents they have a lifetime pass on getting my name right, and I will never correct them. My mom has been great about getting it right, but my dad is struggling so he usually avoids using any name. When I talked to them on Sunday my dad called me 'Jessica' twice! Knowing they are both trying to get it right is awesome!!!

I don't know if I will tell my parents about my planned surgery, and I may not even tell my brothers. It is not something they would ever see, and I am concerned how they may react. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Julie -2010

Jessica,

I'm so happy for you.  Congratulations.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on September 25, 2018, 08:20:46 PM

Paxton sent me an email with a packet of information I have not checked out yet, but she said it included a timeline of things I would need to do in preparation for surgery. I have a little over six months to get it done. It will happen.
Sounds like you had a really great experience and of course the outcome is exactly what you wanted.

Its great to get the tangible affirmation and the countdfown begins. I am sure you will push though any difficulties

Enjoy the next 6 months "Prepping"

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Rayna

Hi Jessica,

I just found your thread. Congratulations on your surgery date! And more immediately, congratulations on your upcoming NCOD presentation! I know you'll do a great job on it (well, both events). Wish I could see it (the NCOD one that is), but I'm working for a slightly smaller company lol.

I've moved back in with my wife this week, so that's my own incremental bit of good news.

Enjoy this last beautiful, warm Sunday!

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: RandyL on September 30, 2018, 10:21:57 AM
Hi Jessica,

I just found your thread. Congratulations on your surgery date! And more immediately, congratulations on your upcoming NCOD presentation! I know you'll do a great job on it (well, both events). Wish I could see it (the NCOD one that is), but I'm working for a slightly smaller company lol.

I've moved back in with my wife this week, so that's my own incremental bit of good news.

Enjoy this last beautiful, warm Sunday!

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

I have already told Jessica Rose Congrats so I want to hijack this thread a moment to say Congratulations @RandyL on the news that you are returning to your home with your wife Jacqui! I think that is GREAT news. Please tell her  ( if appropriate ) that I think staying together is a very good thing to do. Working things out is always preferable to splitting up. Please tell her I said hi.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: RandyL on September 30, 2018, 10:21:57 AM

That is indeed awesome news Randi! No matter what our path, having someone who can understand and accept us makes our journey just a little easier. Sometimes all we need is a warm hug, or loving embrace to let us know we are loved for who we are.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Before my story was selected for live presentation I was asked to make a video. The original file is huge, but I found some compression software to squeeze it down small enough for email. A few members of Susan's have seen it, and I think they all agree that although the text is strong, it pales in comparison to seeing the emotion expressed in the video. I have removed identifying information from the text, but not from the video. For those long-time members who would like to see the video and will agree to protect my online privacy (no forwarding or posting), send me a PM with your request and email address and I will send a copy of the video.

I would have liked to include more detail in places, but I was asked to keep my presentation to five minutes. It wound up being about six minutes, but I don't think I could have shortened it any. My eyes are watering just reading it. I hope to find the strength to keep myself together for six minutes, then I can fall apart. I just keep telling myself 'I can do this'. Here is the text:

Hi, my name is... not what it used to be. I hated being a boy. I wanted to be a girl. I started cross-dressing in the '70's, which was pretty disgraceful. I was caught and punished several times. I learned to suppress who I was. My anger began growing. I started punching walls, the pain seemed to help.

In 1984 I graduated, got married, and joined the military. A daughter arrived in '94, I left the military in '96, and we had a second daughter in '98. As time passed my family suffered through increasing levels of anger. Trivial issues triggered fits of rage. Those who saw my dark side were concerned. I nearly lost my job.

One day 5-6 years ago my family and I were sitting in our car. There was a handgun in the glove box. A misunderstanding triggered a fit of rage so intense I was shaking. I told my wife to shoot me. I almost did it myself. Seeing our daughters in the back seat was all that stopped me from ending my pain.

Our first daughter graduated college and moved away in 2015. The next year our second daughter started college in another state. They don't contact me often. I think I know why.

In December 2016 I found a transgender support site where members shared their stories. Story after story I thought "I could have written that". It hit suddenly. I saw the truth. I had found the source of my anger. In seconds I went from thinking I was just a cross-dresser with severe anger issues to knowing I was transgender. I now had a choice between growing angrier and more miserable every year, or finding peace by letting the person I have always been come out of the darkness. My decision could cost me everyone I love -- my wife, my daughters, my family, my friends. In tears, I chose to begin a new journey. Imagine the pain someone must be feeling to make this choice.

On Feb 12th I told my wife, she was not very happy.

On October 11th, 2017 I sent my manager a 'coming out' email. His response was perfect. The weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. Next I told a co-worker, I cried as she hugged me. The day after Christmas I told my daughters. They supported me. I asked our older daughter why she was crying, she said she was happy I had found the source of my anger. I cried too.

On January 19th while driving to work I became euphoric. It was time. I changed my name. I got a new drivers' license. On February 16th, I told my co-workers:

"Today is my last day at this company. Although I will be back next week, the person you see today will never return. Over forty years of my life have been spent trying to hide the most beautiful part of myself because I was afraid of rejection, but now it is time to free my soul from darkness and allow her into the light, and she will never go into hiding again. I am Jessica Rose."

I soon discovered that I work with some amazingly supportive people. I made many new friends. In April I decided to tell my relatives. They had no idea I had transitioned. I drove to see them. My fear quickly turned to joy when they all accepted me. My dad's greeting? "I like your boots!"

In May I visited our older daughter. We went hiking and shopping, she even picked out some dresses for me. Before I left she said that in college she had decided never to live at home again, and she was happy to have found a job far from home. My anger had driven her away. She said I am now a completely different person.

My journey isn't over, but my constant frustration and anger are gone. My soul is free from darkness. My parents still love me. My friends are still my friends. My relationship with my family is healing.

When I look in the mirror I shake my head and smile. It only took four decades and a leap into the unknown, but I finally found peace, and a new beginning. My advice? Don't let others tell you who you are. Just be yourself, the world will adjust.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Jessica Rose,

The video was indeed an awesome and moving presentation. You can do this! Because you have to, your and our story needs to be told.

Hugs,
  Laurie

•  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Laurie on September 30, 2018, 01:46:25 PM
Jessica Rose,

The video was indeed an awesome and moving presentation. You can do this! Because you have to, your and our story needs to be told.

Hugs,
  Laurie

Exactly! For those few minutes while on stage I will represent all of us. Although we are all different, my story is similar to many others. People need to hear our story, see and feel the emotional turmoil we have gone through. If this helps just one person understand, or helps one person find the strength to come out of the darkness, then it will be worth it. I will do this!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Donica

Whoohoo Jessica Rose! Congratulations! I will be watching for update on you GCS.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I will be hitting the road Saturday morning for my company's National Coming Out Day event in Cleveland on 11 Oct. Six 'coming out' stories will be presented, and mine will be the last. I am the only person presenting their story live. I told my manager that I may have been the only person insane enough to volunteer. I picked up some waterproof mascara today, and I'm debating if a tissue will be sufficient or if I should just go on stage with a towel in my hand. One of the event emcees who saw my video described it as 'raw and emotional'. I hope the live version gets the same review. Just six more days until I tell my story.

Only six more months until my GCS!!!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow! I did not realize that you were the only live presenter at the event! Your presence and presentation will be great, i am sure. Lots of positive energy and support will be coming your way, and you will do very well.

Love and respect,
Michelle P.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Michelle_P on October 05, 2018, 08:16:51 PM
Wow! I did not realize that you were the only live presenter at the event!
Love and respect,
Michelle P.

I just found that out this morning! There will be one or two emcees, and a panel discussion after my presentation, but I am indeed the only one presenting their story live. I will have an hour or so to do some dry runs in the auditorium with some of the other speakers and panelists as an audience. In my mind the only outcome I see is success. 'He' never liked speaking in public, but I am not that person anymore. 'She' will succeed!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Donica

Break a leg Jessica! I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll be watching for updates.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •