Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica_Rose

I am driving to Cleveland because I have a strong dislike for the TSA. I am spending the night in Des Moines IA and should get to Cleveland tomorrow evening. Something very important happened when I left home this morning. My wife and I have been married over 34 years, and I have taken many solo trips, but I think today was the first time I ever saw her cry when I left home. I still don't quite understand why, but even after the decades of anger and my transition, she still loves me. Now I need a tissue...
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Drive safely!  Sometimes our relationships face an inflection point or maybe reach a critical point where things change.  Hopefully this is it for you both.  Make sure you call home when you arrive to let her know you are safe and that you love her. 

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on October 06, 2018, 08:53:13 PM
I am driving to Cleveland because I have a strong dislike for the TSA. I am spending the night in Des Moines IA and should get to Cleveland tomorrow evening. Something very important happened when I left home this morning. My wife and I have been married over 34 years, and I have taken many solo trips, but I think today was the first time I ever saw her cry when I left home. I still don't quite understand why, but even after the decades of anger and my transition, she still loves me. Now I need a tissue...

Gosh! I need a tissue too. You must still be on the road Jessica. I hope you arrive safely.

Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I arrived safely and have checked in to my hotel. It was overcast with light rain or fog all day. The humidity killed my hair! Just picked up a turkey and apple sandwich from Panera, I never stopped for lunch, so I am a little hungry! While on the road yesterday I practiced my story out loud for the first time. The emotions were overwhelming at times. After two or three run throughs I was able to get through it reasonably well. I found that my emotions decrease each time I run through my story, but they tend to reset overnight so the next day my first run through is once again very emotional. I plan to limit myself to one or two dry runs Thursday so I should still be able to show strong emotions when it is time.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Donica

Glad you made it safely. Go get em girl.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: JudiBlueEyes on October 06, 2018, 09:18:04 PM
Drive safely!  Sometimes our relationships face an inflection point or maybe reach a critical point where things change.  Hopefully this is it for you both.  Make sure you call home when you arrive to let her know you are safe and that you love her.

I apologize for not responding to this... I always call my wife whenever I make a gas or bathroom stop. I also call her when I check in to my hotel, and again before I go to bed. I know she worries about me, and I want her to know I am OK. When she answers my call I always start by saying 'I love you', and I tell her again at the end of the call. Some may think that is a bit too much, but I can never make up for what she has gone through.

I had a meeting with two of the event organizers today, and made two dry runs so they could get an idea of how long it was. They made a few suggestions to tighten it up a bit after the first run, which I incorporated into the second. They were both pleased with the way I presented my story. Even though both of them had seen my video, they both became emotional. They also told me this National Coming Out Day event will easily have the most viewers of any previous event. The auditorium will be full, and there are over 30 'viewing parties' set up at company locations across the US. I told them they should not have told me that!

Telling my story to a bunch of strangers would be very difficult for me, but everyone in attendance is there because they want to learn. I won't be telling my story to strangers, I will be telling it to a room full of friends who care.

I also added a little more about my wife, she deserves much more than one sentence. This is the new text:

In February told my wife. She wasn't very happy, but she has stayed by my side. I have asked her why, after everything I have put her through, why has she stayed? She said it's because she loves me.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Laurie

Hi Jessica,

I am sure your presentation will go over well and you will do a fantastic job in presenting it. I also like you adding a little more regarding Susan. Good Job girl.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Julie -2010

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on October 08, 2018, 06:50:04 PM

I also added a little more about my wife, she deserves much more than one sentence. This is the new text:

In February told my wife. She wasn't very happy, but she has stayed by my side. I have asked her why, after everything I have put her through, why has she stayed? She said it's because she loves me.

Jessica Rose,  Good luck but it does sound like you have it down cold. I like the extra part you said about your wife.  Both of you are lucky to have each other.

Can't wait to hear how it went.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

steph2.0

Jessica Rose: yet another hero who lives among us at Susan's Place. Every one of us is amazing in our own way, but some develop extraordinary courage and grab special opportunities that move our society forward.

I am so privileged to have spent time with her. And eaten some of her chocolate, of course.

Knock 'em dead, Ms. Jessica Rose. We are all so incredibly proud of you.

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

snipped:
- - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - -- - - -

@Jessica_Rose
Wow, you are very fortunate...
....you can't ask for better than that... Love conquers all !!!!
Thank you for sharing with your fans.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

LizK

.... When she answers my call I always start by saying 'I love you', and I tell her again at the end of the call. Some may think that is a bit too much, but I can never make up for what she has gone through.

...Telling my story to a bunch of strangers would be very difficult for me, but everyone in attendance is there because they want to learn. I won't be telling my story to strangers, I will be telling it to a room full of friends who care.

I think what you have said and written about your wife is wonderful you obviously love her deeply. Personally I don't you can ever tell your partner enough times that you love them..I know I never get sick of being told I am loved but I have to say I think I could take a leaf out of your book and tell her more often.

I hope it goes amazingly well for you and telling your story empowers you.

Take care
Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

In about 9 hours I will be giving the most important presentation of my life -- telling my story during my company's National Coming Out Day event. I have never spoken in public, but this is something I must do. I am nervous and scared, but the only way to face your fears is head on. I am wearing the same dress that I wore to Tia and Debi's re-wedding (post #250, back row, center), and I am also wearing the necklace Stephanie and Cassie gave me that weekend (intertwined rings in the colors of the transgender pride flag). I also have waterproof mascara! I will have an opportunity to do a few dry runs on stage. There is a large monitor which can only be seen from the stage, which have the text of my story so I can refer to it if I get lost.

I have already done something which just 18 months ago seemed impossible, I transitioned. Now that I have done what I once thought was impossible, I realize there is nothing I cannot do. This is happening, and I will succeed.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Faith

I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on October 11, 2018, 06:08:43 AM
I am also wearing the necklace Stephanie and Cassie gave me that weekend (intertwined rings in the colors of the transgender pride flag). I also have waterproof mascara!

I'm glad I don't have any mascara on yet or it would be ruined! I'm so happy our little gift means that much. Maybe as much as that chocolate you gave us? Nahhhh.

Yes, you can do anything. And yes, you will succeed - gloriously!

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

LizK

Good luck Jessica

I Hope it goes really well for you and you "knock the Sox's off them " You are realy well prepared (Waterproof Mascara.....Check!) You will be fabulous... Good luck

Take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

KathyLauren

Jessica Rose, in the theatre biz, it is considered bad luck to wish a performer about to go on stage good luck.  So they say to each other, "Break a leg" instead.  I can't bring myself to wish that to you, even metaphorically, so I'll just say that I know you will do great!

If they make a video of your presentation and you feel so inclined, I would love to see it.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement.

This was the first time I had ever spoken in public. Based on the reaction I received --- I NAILED IT!!!

During my roughly six minute presentation I received two standing ovations. I was congratulated by dozens of people, and both the CIO and CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) each talked to me for about five minutes. The CMO told me that my presentation left him speechless. I also checked with HR this morning to make sure it was OK, and I mentioned Susan's Place by name as the site that helped me discover my true nature. I was shaking for about twenty minutes afterwards, but managed to get some laughter out of one of the questions from the panel discussion. They asked how coming out had changed me as a person. Part of my answer was that by transitioning I had done something that just two years ago I thought was impossible, and now after having done the impossible I realized that I can do anything -- including speaking in public!

The best estimate so far is that over 1000 people were watching the event.

I can hardly wait to check my company email in the morning!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on October 11, 2018, 06:53:41 PM

This was the first time I had ever spoken in public. Based on the reaction I received --- I NAILED IT!!!

During my roughly six minute presentation I received two standing ovations. I was congratulated by dozens of people, and both the CIO and CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) each talked to me for about five minutes. The CMO told me that my presentation left him speechless. I also checked with HR this morning to make sure it was OK, and I mentioned Susan's Place by name as the site that helped me discover my true nature. I was shaking for about twenty minutes afterwards, but managed to get some laughter out of one of the questions from the panel discussion. They asked how coming out had changed me as a person. Part of my answer was that by transitioning I had done something that just two years ago I thought was impossible, and now after having done the impossible I realized that I can do anything -- including speaking in public!

Okay, darn it...

SQUEEESPLOSION!!

Yes, I knew Jessica Rose before she was famous. No, I can't get you her autograph.

Stephanie

•  

SassyCassie

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on October 11, 2018, 06:53:41 PM

OMG Jessica, that's AMAZING! I can't even imagine how relieved you must be to have faced one of the most monumental yet terrifying moments of your life and gotten such a wonderful response!

Congrats, girl! It can only get better from here!
  •  

Julie -2010

Jessica,

I so glad it went really well.  I knew you would nail it.  Wow this is a big moment in your life. Congratulations, I so happy for you.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •