Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Great news Jessica! Off to a good start for sure.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

We had a communication meeting at work today, isn't that what meetings are for? After the meeting someone I had never met came over and started a conversation. He had seen me around but did not know my name. Sometimes that question still catches me off guard, and I hesitated a split second before I remembered it. we talked about our roles for about 15 minutes. It was nice talking to a co-worker who did not know my background for once, and I did not spoil it by telling him.

I scheduled an appointment with my doctor for the morning of 16 Jan to get my pre-op surgery clearance, along with an EKG. My first ever mammogram is scheduled that same afternoon. I hope they will take it easy on the girls, after all they are young and inexperienced!

I found this dress over the weekend and had to get it. I wore this to work and was smiling all day!

Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Rayna

Great dress, and you look lovely in it! I'm glad you can work in that.

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Laurie

Nice dress Jessica and loved the update regarding the coworker. What affirmation for you. I hope all goes well at the doc's and the girl do not get a crush from the fondling.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jennifer M

Wow, that is a great outfit! Something I could envision wearing.

•  

davina61

And me, need to change my job so I can DRESS  for work!!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Working in IT we have a wide latitude in what we wear. Our dress code basically says 'wear whatever you want', and as long as no one complains you are good! Early on my manager did mention someone had commented about a dress or skirt I wore that was a bit short. The next day I wore a short dress (about four inches above my knees) which I thought would be OK. My manager agreed that would be fine, so now I know what is acceptable in my work area. Although that length may seem short, I'm 6' 1" so that is actually a modest length for me. I think the only other restriction is basically no spaghetti straps. I do tend to dress nicer than the cis women there, and maybe one day they will take the hint and join me in celebrating how awesome it is to be a woman!!!

By the way, my wife joined Susan's Place today! It may be a day or two before she makes an intro post, but once she gets comfortable I expect she will be a frequent poster. She will be easy to spot, her user name is 'Susan_Rose'.
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Snippd:
Quote from: Jessica_Rose on November 08, 2018, 05:10:18 PM
- - - - - - -
    - - - - - -
By the way, my wife joined Susan's Place today! It may be a day or two before she makes an intro post, but once she gets comfortable I expect she will be a frequent poster. She will be easy to spot, her user name is 'Susan_Rose'.

@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
Be warned, your wife has just arrived, I just greeted her on the Introductions Forums....   
...I spoke very highly of you so you need to be on your best behavior!!!!
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on November 08, 2018, 09:19:16 PM
Snippd:
@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
Be warned, your wife has just arrived, I just greeted her on the Introductions Forums....   
...I spoke very highly of you so you need to be on your best behavior!!!!
Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

Thanks for the warning! No worries. I know there are not a lot of significant others on the forums, and those whose marriage survived are rare. I hope her experience may be able to help some of them get through this stage of their lives.

I told her to be herself, and to feel free to tell the truth about the sometimes horrible person I used to be. I won't take it personally, because I am not that person anymore. I can remember some of what he did, but I know my anger blinded me to quite a bit of it. Who knows, I may even learn something from her! Love always -- Jessica Rose
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on November 08, 2018, 09:37:52 PM
Thanks for the warning! No worries. I know there are not a lot of significant others on the forums, and those whose marriage survived are rare. I hope her experience may be able to help some of them get through this stage of their lives.

I told her to be herself, and to feel free to tell the truth about the sometimes horrible person I used to be. I won't take it personally, because I am not that person anymore. I can remember some of what he did, but I know my anger blinded me to quite a bit of it. Who knows, I may even learn something from her! Love always -- Jessica Rose

Jessica, she seems like a wonderful person and I'm looking forward for her insights.  She has and is going through what my wife is at this moment.

Hugs and smiles from a California girl

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica_Rose

Yes Laurie, you did make Susan laugh! Your post occurred after we went to bed, and I didn't see Susan again until after I got home from work. She giggled when I asked her about it.

I visited my favorite Ross store again today and got another hug from my new friend Deva. I found a few dresses to try on and came out of the dressing room so she could see them. One dress had a black and silver metallic top with a black skirt and it fit VERY well (actually a bit too snug). When I went out to show Deva I noticed a 30-something guy looking at me as I modeled the dress. Yep, I knew that look. I used to give it to good looking women too! I couldn't help but smile. Of course now I reserve 'the look' exclusively for Susan!!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Susan came into my office this morning and asked if I would like a different wall clock. I thought it was an odd question, but then I thought a bit more. I received it as a gift when I left the military. The clock is about 14 inches across, it is made from an old IBM 3380 disk platter and has my rank and dead name engraved on it. Susan knows how much my dead name bothers me, and I just thought how amazing it was that she suggested I replace it. I think I'll take her up on the suggestion.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Donica

That's wonderful Jessica. It is heart warming to know Susan is thinking of you. I think this calls for a special night out to her favorite place.

Hugs,
Donica.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

KathyLauren

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on November 12, 2018, 02:42:04 PM
Susan came into my office this morning and asked if I would like a different wall clock. I thought it was an odd question, but then I thought a bit more. I received it as a gift when I left the military. The clock is about 14 inches across, it is made from an old IBM 3380 disk platter and has my rank and dead name engraved on it. Susan knows how much my dead name bothers me, and I just thought how amazing it was that she suggested I replace it. I think I'll take her up on the suggestion.

What a lovely thoughtful thing to do...[emoji3]

Liz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

My electrologist did another 'south pole' clearing today, it took about 65 minutes. She has not found any thick hairs in over a month, so we are making good progress. Today wasn't as uncomfortable as the first few sessions -- maybe I'm getting used to it. Only 143 days until 'V-Day'.

I have felt a bit 'off' the last few days. Today I finally figured it out -- everything feels normal. Not just for a few minutes at a time, but all the time. No worries about whether or not Susan will stay with me, no constant concern about passing, no longer caring about what other people may think, and no hiding who I am. I have become comfortable with myself and the world around me (such as it is). Although I expect I will have moments when I lapse into 'worry' mode at times I feel as though my life is now, and maybe for the first time ever, normal.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Michelle_P

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on November 13, 2018, 07:53:43 PM
... Today I finally figured it out -- everything feels normal. Not just for a few minutes at a time, but all the time. No worries about whether or not Susan will stay with me, no constant concern about passing, no longer caring about what other people may think, and no hiding who I am. I have become comfortable with myself and the world around me (such as it is).

Isn't that a great feeling, realizing that new 'normal'?  Jessica, this is a great thing, our authentic life as ourselves just becoming... our life.  It's a tremendous point of closure, and at the same time the start of a whole new phase of our lives, just being ourselves!

Congratulations on achieving the 'new normal' for your life!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Jessica_Rose

I just had an IM session with the Communications Coordinator for our LGBT+ group at work. They are going to send out a note on 20 Nov for the Transgender Day of Remembrance. He wanted to know if it was OK to include a link to my bio and my video from our National Coming Out Day event. I told him that it would be an honor for me to be a part of it.

This is the bio I submitted for the NCOD event:
I have been married 34 years and have two daughters. After serving 12 years in the military and working at a few other companies, I landed at this company. I have been here over 12 years and have been working out of Colorado Springs as part of the Db2 Engineering Team almost the entire time.

Coming out is a pivotal moment in our lives. It not only affects us, but also those around us. Too many people live in fear of others discovering their secret, and that fear often pushes them away from their friends and family -- the very people who could be their biggest allies. Recent studies show over 40% of those who identify as transgender attempt suicide. I was almost part of that statistic. I hope sharing my story will help others find the strength to climb out of the darkness. Coming out is frightening for many of us, but it opens the door to a world where we don't have to hide, one where we can finally be ourselves. There is no greater joy in life than living openly as the person you were meant to be.

"Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire." – St. Catherine of Sienna

...and a link to the video thread
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,241752.msg2186579.html#msg2186579
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Donica

A lovely post Jessica. Congratulations and thank you.

Hugs,
Donica.
  •