Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Jessica's Rose Garden

Started by Jessica_Rose, January 17, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Jessica, I'm sad for your brothers health. If you've said your goodbyes, that is all that Carl needs.

But, today is also a day of love!

Happy Valentines Day!  Give Susan a hug for us!  💕💕💕

Hugs and smiles, Jess

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Julie -2010

Jessica,

Services are not for the person that passed.  You said your goodbyes and you do have to carry on with life.  There will always be people that want to judge. 

Sorry for your loss,

Hugs,

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks @Jessica and @Julie -2010 . That does make me feel a little better. Although I will still feel a bit guilty, I did go see him when he asked. Apparently he is now riddled with cancer, and all they can do is try to keep him comfortable.
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Donica

I'm sure Carl would want you to keep your surgery date. Even though you said you were not very close, you are brother and sister and that you are closer than you may realize. Big Brothers tend to like to keep everyone guessing.

Big hugs to you and yours Jess! Happy Valentines day.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

One year ago today I came out at work, and Jessica has never looked back. I was scared, I had no idea how my co-workers would react, but my soul was ready to leave the dark place where she had been imprisoned all of her life. I still find it hard to believe how far I have come. I have a second chance in life, and this time I did not allow others to tell me who I am.

This was the hardest thing I have ever done, and it was also the most rewarding. I still feel anguish over many of the things I did in my past life, even though that wasn't really me. Although slowly fading, those memories will haunt me for the rest of my days. I had been on the road to destruction, now I travel down an unfamiliar, yet joyful path. I survived the darkness, and soon I will be free. In just five days I will be having GCS.

The refrain from "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy sums up how I feel:

"Yes I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain.
Yes I've paid a price, but look how much I've gained.
If I have to, I can do anything.
I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman
."

My family stayed by my side, the people who mattered most in my life accepted me, and I have made many new friends. I am at peace. I could not have done this without the help of my friends here at Susan's Place. I owe you more than I can ever repay. Thank you.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Feb 2017 - March 2018 - Feb 2019
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
  •  

Mariah

Lovely transformation and progress. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Rayna

Wow Jessica, what a great change! I'll bet your coworkers like you better now. I'd certainly be more comfortable with the woman on the right.

Good luck on your surgery! I'm sure with your positive outlook that it will go well. Sometimes pain is the portal to progress.

I'm so sorry about the impending loss of your brother. You've done what you needed to do for him. Now take care of yourself.

Love Randy

Sent from my Victor 9000 using Tapatalk

If so, then why not?
  •  

Donica

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 16, 2019, 07:11:59 AM
One year ago today I came out at work, and Jessica has never looked back. I was scared, I had no idea how my co-workers would react, but my soul was ready to leave the dark place where she had been imprisoned all of her life. I still find it hard to believe how far I have come. I have a second chance in life, and this time I did not allow others to tell me who I am.

This was the hardest thing I have ever done, and it was also the most rewarding. I still feel anguish over many of the things I did in my past life, even though that wasn't really me. Although slowly fading, those memories will haunt me for the rest of my days. I had been on the road to destruction, now I travel down an unfamiliar, yet joyful path. I survived the darkness, and soon I will be free. In just five days I will be having GCS.

The refrain from "I Am Woman" by Helen Reddy sums up how I feel:

"Yes I am wise, but it's wisdom born of pain.
Yes I've paid a price, but look how much I've gained.
If I have to, I can do anything.
I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman
."

My family stayed by my side, the people who mattered most in my life accepted me, and I have made many new friends. I am at peace. I could not have done this without the help of my friends here at Susan's Place. I owe you more than I can ever repay. Thank you.

Love always -- Jessica Rose

Feb 2017 - March 2018 - Feb 2019

Right back at you Jessica! Onward through our journey's we go girl. Your GCS is coming up fast. Congratulations and a speedy recovery.

Hugs.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

christinej78

Hi Jessica,                              21 February 019

Congratulations, this is your Big Day. I wish you God Speed and God Bless you. Your post of 16 February brought tears of joy, your words and pictures said it all. Looking forward to following you in your path later this year, hopefully in Phoenix and with Dr. Ley.

Best Always, Love
Christine
Veteran - US Navy                                       Arborist, rigger, climber, sawyer
Trans Woman 13 Apr 18                               LEO (Cop)
Living as female - 7 years                             Pilot
Start HRT san's AA's 27 March 2018              Mechanic
Borchiday completed Friday 13 Apr 2018        Engineer Multi Discipline
IT Management Consultant                            Programmer
Friend                                                          Bum, Bumett
Semi Retired                                                Still Enjoy Being a Kid, Refuse to Grow UP
Former Writer / Editor                                   Carpenter / Plumber / Electrician
Ex-Biker, Ex-Harley Driver                             Friend of a Coyote
Ex-Smoker 50 years and heading for 100
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Woke up about two hours ago. No issues during surgery. All is well!
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Jessica_Rose on February 21, 2019, 05:24:07 PM

SQUEEE!

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Jessica_Rose
Dear Jessica:
This is very wonderful news, thank you for posting your update and your good report.
Your 3 pictures that you recently posted are a terrific testimony to not only HRT but also your desire to transform into the beautiful woman that you are.   HRT does not do it alone, your efforts are essential and they have paid off big time.

Thank you for sharing with all of your followers, we are you biggest fans and are always rooting for your success.
Heal well and recover in good time.
Hugs and best wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

KathyLauren

Woo-hoo!!  Congratulations, Jessica!
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Anne Blake

Congratulations Jessica, now best wishes for your recovery.

Tia Anne & Deb
  •  

Julie -2010

Jessica,  Congratulations!!  So happy for you.  I'm glad everything went well.

Hugs

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •  

Michelle_P

Wow!  Nice and fast! And up and posting so quickly!  I bet you'll be one of those fast healers.

Now, just follow doctors orders and heal without damage to your better bits.

Congratulations, girl!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Donica

Sorry girl!!! I went to a FFluid meeting tonight I just got home and settled in for the night. I hope you will be able to get a good night's sleep dear. Big hugs girl [emoji179]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

•  

LizK

Great to hear you are awake and no problem with the surgery

Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Thanks everyone!

I seem to be waking up every hour or so, but all things considered I am feeling great. If you want more details, check the link to my GCS thread in my signature.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •  

Jessica_Rose

Susan has taken my surgery extremely well. She is always at my side when I need help, and she makes sure that I have everything I need. She is out shopping right now, I asked her to be courteous and leave a few things behind for other shoppers! Recovery is still going smoothly. Wednesday is the big day -- packing removal and start of dilation. If all goes well I will be released on Saturday (2 March), and we will begin the drive home on Sunday. I don't return to work until 8 April, and we have a friend taking care of our furry kids, so there is no rush to get home. Hopefully it will only take 2 - 3 days for the 12-13 hour drive, but we will need to watch the weather and road conditions closely.
Hair - Hair Restoration
  •