Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Last time you had French fries

Started by Tracey, January 21, 2018, 04:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyaW

Quote from: Cindy on January 21, 2018, 04:19:56 PM
What are these French Fries. Do you mean chips?   ;D
My wife made a pub in London scramble once when she asked them for some chips about 5 minutes before their kitchen closed.  She just wanted a bag of Ruffles or whatever.  When the fried potatoes came she realized why the bartender had a semi panicked look when she asked for chips.
Quote from: Devlyn Marie on January 21, 2018, 08:44:36 PM
I have fond memories of learning about mayonnaise on fries in Germany. Thanks for the throwback!  ;D

Hugs, Devlyn
Mayonnaise is just wrong in the first place but ruining fries with it should be illegal. Even my daughter that puts triple extra mayo on everything does not put it on fries
Quote from: Laurie on January 22, 2018, 12:12:41 AM
What!? When I live out thataway the thing was malt vinegar and salt on fries.

oh to answer the question that would have been friday with the jalapeno poppers and tempura shrimp I deep fried for my sister and I.
This is a delight that I picked up in London.  Had heard of it before but not really tried it.
Five Guys has malt vinegar available and I usually will go for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

Gertrude

Months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: Dee Marshall on January 21, 2018, 08:57:31 PM
I grew up on the U.S./Canada border. The only thing better than mayonnaise on fries is gravy and cheese curds!

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

YuMMMM Poutine   I Order it from Red Robin. 
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Dee Marshall

Quote from: DawnOday on January 22, 2018, 10:12:59 AM
YuMMMM Poutine   I Order it from Red Robin.
Red Robin puts too much stuff that doesn't belong in poutine in their poutine. It is good, though.

The spy who came in from the cold in the War Between the Sexes.

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Contrary to widespread beliefs, the first French fries were not made in France.
They were made in Greece.  --No, no, no!   The first French fries were not made in Greece,
they were made in grease, Crisco perhaps. 

We do not know if the first French fry was a crinkle cut, but it was not a wedgie, that was something kids gave to some unlucky kids in school sometimes.  People in the know think that the first French fries were of average cut, skinless, and lightly salted after cooking.  They soon became very popular.

They are certainly not hash browns, or tater tots. 

An altogether different widespread is the wide spread you can get if you eat too many French fries too often.   But they can taste soooo good!
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 22, 2018, 10:27:54 AM
Contrary to widespread beliefs, the first French fries were not made in France.
They were made in Greece.  --No, no, no!   The first French fries were not made in Greece,
they were made in grease, Crisco perhaps. 

We do not know if the first French fry was a crinkle cut, but it was not a wedgie, that was something kids gave to some unlucky kids in school sometimes.  People in the know think that the first French fries were of average cut, skinless, and lightly salted after cooking.  They soon became very popular.

They are certainly not hash browns, or tater tots. 

An altogether different widespread is the wide spread you can get if you eat too many French fries too often.   But they can taste soooo good!

Pommes Frites  are from Belgium and are the originals. The best ones are fried twice once at 325 degrees for 5-6 minutes and then refried at 375 degrees for another 2 minutes. This will create the original fry. Nice and crisp.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

davina61

Its about 2 months since I had oven chips, might have some this weekend as have battered fish in freezer
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on January 22, 2018, 03:04:06 PM
Its about 2 months since I had oven chips, might have some this weekend as have battered fish in freezer

My daughter and I were driving along and saw a "Fish & Chips" place and she asked what it was.  I told her it was old slang for Fish & Fries but used the english reference. 

Went on to tell her there used to be a food chain called H. Salts' Fish & Chips and that english people used to wrap the cooked fish and chips in newspapers.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: DawnOday on January 22, 2018, 02:43:54 PM
Pommes Frites  are from Belgium and are the originals. The best ones are fried twice once at 325 degrees for 5-6 minutes and then refried at 375 degrees for another 2 minutes. This will create the original fry. Nice and crisp.

Belgium fries are by far the best and the original

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

V M

Quote from: DawnOday on January 22, 2018, 02:43:54 PM

Oh my, that's pretty much how I make fries but I didn't even know about the history of that  :angel:

I use one of these:

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

MollyPants

Ages ago! But I'm having some today so it's ok. I did have fish and chip shop chips last week though :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•  

ChrissyRyan

I had some good fries two days ago.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Maddie86

I tried the new taco bell nacho fries today, they were kinda disappointing. I try not to eat fries as much anymore because I'm trying to limit my potassium
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: Maddie86 on January 26, 2018, 06:28:50 PM
I tried the new taco bell nacho fries today, they were kinda disappointing. I try not to eat fries as much anymore because I'm trying to limit my potassium

That will teach you to not eat not you fries.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Does anyone like those thin fries?  I think they are called "shoestring fries."
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 26, 2018, 06:44:05 PM
Does anyone like those thin fries?  I think they are called "shoestring fries."

Years ago they used to sell them in a can.  They were good.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

Cassi

HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

ChrissyRyan

The fries in a can to me tasted like thin potato chips.

The hot, just fried shoestring fries can be tasty.
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 26, 2018, 06:49:43 PM
The fries in a can to me tasted like thin potato chips.

The hot, just fried shoestring fries can be tasty.

Yes
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •